View Poll Results: Where did you come back to the anime series?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Orange Islands

1 2.08%
  • Johto

3 6.25%
  • Hoenn and Kanto BF

9 18.75%
  • Sinnoh

25 52.08%
  • Unova

10 20.83%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What saga did you came back to after your own hiatus?

Default What saga did you came back to after your own hiatus?

Because the anime is going to be very very long that some fans can't keep up with the anime and decided to stop watching, however there are some fans who decided to come back to the series after a while because ether the anime got interesting again or there's something they like in that saga.
    This is for those who took a break from watching this saga and came back to a newer saga.

Where did you stop to take a break in one or more anime saga(s)
    and where did you got back to Pokémon anime?

for me
    I didn't watch much of Season 1 (Bad Me) and the other seasons before Hoenn I only saw a few including the first three episodes and the first two movies

I got back to Pokémon in Pokémon AG but it wasn't till 2005 where I started to watch the Advanced Saga. I hold dear memories of my time getting back into the anime

My FireRed Champs:

My HeartGold Team:

My Black Team:

My White Team:

My White 2 Team So Far:

Like the last season of DP

I think Piplup saved me after I quit in the middle of AG.

I stopped watching at the end of Battle Frontier, returned during the latter half of Diamond and Pearl (around the Grand Festival).

I stopped watching around the time when Pokémon moved to CN and then I saw a few episodes of DP and got into it again.

Other than now, I never really had a hiatus. I watched each arc as it originally aired.

Stopped watching as much mid-AG (I actually mostly stopped about a year earlier, but it was beyond my control), then completely during BF, came back during DP, stopped watching completely about 100 eps later, came back during the Sinnoh League and BW, am now watching sporadically.

There was a similar thread to this. I have had many hiatuses. My main ones were during Johto and Battle Frontier. I came back for DP when it started and actually watched the entire way through with no breaks and have now stopped again after about 13 or so BW episodes and this has been my longest Pokemon hiatus ever. Looking to pick the series back up in October...hopefully.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

I stopped watching entirely when I saw Ash go to a place called Littleroot Town. Then years later I came back and started watching from the getgo so I'm working my way up.

I think most people did stop watching sometime after Charizard left in early Johto or by mid-Johto at the latest.

I remember when Johto was originally airing I was one of the few people still watching the show because everyone I knew in real life at the time had stopped watching. I came to the online forums at the time to see if people felt the same way and a lot of the opinion was the same.

Personally i never stopped watching this show following it from start until now. Although i can understand those who did because knowing its repetitive nature, lack of substantial on going story and constant cast cycling making useless to invest and grow attached to characters as well sheer length not many people will have patience to go through 600+ episodes which are barely connected in any manner having basically fresh start whenever new region begins.

However there were few times i almost did quit taking break. Such as after Misty departure finding good chunk of show appeal and identity got lost with her departure. When VAs changed having hard time to adjust to new voices failing in comparison to older ones imo and in middle of Sinnoh. Although at that time it was more turbulent changes in real life and work because of which i almost stopped, rather than lost of interest.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    I think most people did stop watching sometime after Charizard left in early Johto or by mid-Johto at the latest.

I remember when Johto was originally airing I was one of the few people still watching the show because everyone I knew in real life at the time had stopped watching. I came to the online forums at the time to see if people felt the same way and a lot of the opinion was the same.
    I didn't noticed that many people being upset over Charizard or Squirtle leaving to the point of quitting anime. There was disappointment, but most people i met mainly disliked Johto due to drop of GS ball or too many fillers which didn't advanced story.

If anything i encountered much bigger backlash after Misty departure and original trio was disjointed. Everyone in area where i live quit at that time and forums were real war zone back than. I still remember complaints.

Either way while its common knowledge how decline in ratings started in mid Johto, i wouldn't say most people stopped following anime at that point being exaggeration to say in least. Considering how Johto league champions and Master Quest still had regularly higher ratings than whole AG saga had.

I stopped watching it around the Johto saga, came back for it at the end of Master Quest/beginning of the Hoenn saga.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemon fan 132 View Post
    If anything i encountered much bigger backlash after Misty departure and original trio was disjointed. Everyone in area where i live quit at that time and forums were real war zone back than. I still remember complaints.
    That must be the worst complaints I have ever heard. They hurted my feelings towards May & other newer characters I liked. I'm trying to wipe this out of my memory and just ignore the broken down fanbase and just focus on my enjoyment on this show. Or can I be assured that not all fans are like those who turned their backs on the anime for dropping Misty out and that the major fans don't mind the character swap?

My FireRed Champs:

My HeartGold Team:

My Black Team:

My White Team:

My White 2 Team So Far:

I'm gonna start watching again when episode N comes to America.
    3DS FC: 5043 1366 9389

Spoiler:- pokemon joke of the week:

I started watching the anime again during mid-Sinnoh. That's when things finally got interesting imo, and I wanted to follow what was going on.

If it means when I came back as a regular viewer, then Unova. I'd seen some of the other sagas before, they were just too repetitive to make me stick around for them.

Hmm....well I suppose I really need to define what my hiatus is exactly. I never really stopped watching Pokemon, but I did stop watching on television around like...mid Battle Frontier or something. It's kind of hard to remember, but for sure by DP. I'm just....yeah I'm not waking up early anymore really XD. Not until it becomes good enough one day to motivate me to break sleep habits. Frankly, there really isn't anything I watch that isn't internet/netflix/whatever. So I have a tv hiatus ongoing, but not actually a Pokemon hiatus.
    I am the current leader of Save Our Voice Actors, a Pokemon fan group supporting the voice actors in the anime dubbed by 4Kids (seasons 1-8). Our goal is to provide The Pokemon Company international with encouraging feedback in support of returning the main cast members. If you're interested, please visit us at facebook.com/saveourvoiceactors

Quote Originally Posted by Bluelatios* View Post
    Hmm....well I suppose I really need to define what my hiatus is exactly. I never really stopped watching Pokemon, but I did stop watching on television around like...mid Battle Frontier or something. It's kind of hard to remember, but for sure by DP. I'm just....yeah I'm not waking up early anymore really XD. Not until it becomes good enough one day to motivate me to break sleep habits. Frankly, there really isn't anything I watch that isn't internet/netflix/whatever. So I have a tv hiatus ongoing, but not actually a Pokemon hiatus.
    I don't think there's much of a difference between watching on TV or online. As long as you're watching somewhere its not a hiatus.

I lived close to no WB Stations and my Cable Company never added any until 2003, just as Advanced Generation started. My god was it good to watch Pokemon again. There was a reason I fell in love with May & Max.
    Pokemon: The Theme of Secrets

At long last, I am returning with my Fan-Fic. Just need to find a better host. Blogger has done its course but I need just a little more recognition.

I freaking HATE "Mega" Evolution.

Quote Originally Posted by Arceusgamer14 View Post
    That must be the worst complaints I have ever heard. They hurted my feelings towards May & other newer characters I liked. I'm trying to wipe this out of my memory and just ignore the broken down fanbase and just focus on my enjoyment on this show. Or can I be assured that not all fans are like those who turned their backs on the anime for dropping Misty out and that the major fans don't mind the character swap?
    In reality majority of fans of this character(count me in) while wanting it return has accepted their favorite being gone long time ago either quitting while respecting people liking toward new sagas or giving chance and growing to like new series and characters not ranting around how their favorite is superior than others and how everything new fails. But for lack of understanding they are usually being throw in same basket with those who gives fanbase bad name being judged unfairly.

p.s. Also don't get me wrong, but while i liked new sagas and characters i don't support constant character replacing which is excessive at this point. Because imo it discourage creativity, continuity and makes useless to invest much into character in my eyes repeatedly adding new companions when there exists room and potential in form of sequel to do more with ex ones.
    Last edited by pokemon fan 132; 18th February 2013 at 7:11 AM.

^I have to agree with Pokemonfan, I know people personally who went on hiatus, some permanently after Misty left. This sort of thing, while bringing in fans for the new characters, always causes some amount of fans to leave. It's always very risky whenever character exchanges on a show are made with very little knowledge of how well viewers will react.
    I am the current leader of Save Our Voice Actors, a Pokemon fan group supporting the voice actors in the anime dubbed by 4Kids (seasons 1-8). Our goal is to provide The Pokemon Company international with encouraging feedback in support of returning the main cast members. If you're interested, please visit us at facebook.com/saveourvoiceactors

First time I ever disliked the anime is when Misty left, but I grew to like AG, and so I got used to it (didn't like character replacement back then).

I started losing interest altogether when the dub switch occurred and the show moved to CN. I still followed it, and really disliked it during that time period. Watching it after Season 8 gave me a terrible headache.

Middle of DP is when I stopped watching entirely. I didn't start watching until the end of DP again. So, I left during mid-Sinnoh, and returned during the end of Sinnoh.

I watch BW sporadically. I think it's alright, and occasionally good. Regained interest with it.
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 20th February 2013 at 7:46 PM.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

I watched the original run up until early in Johto Journeys, then stopped. A few years later I picked up again for Advanced Battle and stopped again somewhere in Battle Frontier.

Now I'm bingeing from the start, up to Advanced.

I stopped at around AG because I moved countries. I only started back around DP, then after it ended, I stopped watching for about 1 year ~ 2 year, all until BWS2 when Dawn came back. After Dawn left, I just read the EP episodes. But my longest hiatus was AG to DP

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

1st hiatus was very long: I forgot about pokemon while johto was airing, untill early Sinnoh was airing. I watched the whole Hoen and kanto BF-sagas.
    2nd hiatus was shorter: Sinnoh reached the Sinnoh Grand Festival, and thus I watched from the start of sinnoh till that point.
    Since then I've kept myself informed on the current devellopments.

I've always been watching it ever since. That way I'll know what to judge on compared to those who don't watch the whole show and only certain series.

My ideal battle ever!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast