View Poll Results: Where did you come back to the anime series?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Orange Islands

1 2.08%
  • Johto

3 6.25%
  • Hoenn and Kanto BF

9 18.75%
  • Sinnoh

25 52.08%
  • Unova

10 20.83%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What saga did you came back to after your own hiatus?

I watched Pokemon from the start in the UK, but towards the end of Johto, I started to miss episodes, and people around me started to fall out of the series, and then when Misty left, that was when I decided to give up on the series. About a year or so later, I found out about Ruby and Sapphire from a friend, so eventually, reluctantly though I got back into the series, the games only though, as my obsession grew, I then began to give the anime a chance, I didn't like all the new things, the new cast, contests, so I was still reluctant about it, but there was something about it that made me tune into the occassional episode such as when Misty returned, or when Bulbasaur came back for an episode. When Battle Frontier started, my interest perked up a bit, but I felt it was too late into AG too watch it eagerly. But then DP arrived, I heard Ash had been replaced, so I wanted to check out the new series, I watched the first episode, to find Ash hadn't been replaced, and saw Dawn being a coordinator, so I was a little disappointed, but I watched the 2nd and 3rd episode that followed on CN and really enjoyed it, seeing the opening and seeing all the new pokemon Ash was going to get, a Starly, and Turtwig (who became a favourite of mine instantly) made me very excited. I stuck with the series, tuning into every episode on a Saturday night after work. It was something I looked forward to on the weekend. And so I returned to the series full time. However, BW started, and my interest in the anime started to fade, I was still interested in the games, but the anime not so much, my interest was ignited again when Dawn came back, but alas, I've lost interest again. I think I'll tune in again shortly, with what I know is going to happen shortly, but I don't see me sticking around for a long time with the anime.
    Sig deleted by Hydrohs. Read the sig rules.

I stopped watching in the middle of Johto and came back at the tail end of it. Then I stopped watching again during the middle of Sinnoh and haven't really watched much since then. I still keep up with major events, but I'm never around when it airs.
    Encyclopika's Fic of the Moment:

Encyclopika:
    Made the banner
    Is a GIRL. >.>;;
    Has a deviantART account and a Tumblr
    Is on Fanfiction.net.
    Need a moveset for a specific Pokemon for a specific contest? PM me!
    Don't reply to my infractions. It's not gonna change anything.

Random friend requests do nothing. Let's actually talk first. >_<

I've seen all of OS, AG, Chronicles and DP, and didn't really watch a lot of BW, but I'm planning to catch up. However, it's not a hiatus, I still rewatch my beloved OS frequently.
    Last edited by AquaMilotic; 25th February 2013 at 8:45 AM.

I dropped out during BWS2, but M16 is making me interested again. Might watch Episode N when it comes to the UK.

If M16 turns out horribly for me though, then I'll drop the animé and never look back.
    Shokotan: "And then, in Extremespeed Genesect: The Awakening of Mewtwo, we meet another Mewtwo!"
    Yuyama: "Yes, I thought it'd be better if it was a different Mewtwo."
    Good for you Yuyama. Too bad you've singlehandedly torpedoed any lingering respect I and anyone else had for you.

I took a break around the middle of AG, probably Advanced Challenge before I returned during DP's Battle Dimensions
    Go Sinnoh team! Go!

I never officially quit watching Pokemon, I had to stop watching for about a year and a half when Pokemon moved to Cartoon Network, and at that time my family only had very basic cable, no CN. I was saddened. After that my family got Dish Net, and CN was included, so I caught up on every missed episode, and up to this point, I have not missed any episode.
    Watchog's #1 Fan!!
    PokeMustelid & PokeFelines too!

FC: 4871-3995-3493 - Pokemon Y IGN: Maria
    Steel Safari Pokemon: Magneton Skarmory, and Excadrill

I stopped watching the anime when the original series ended, mainly due to my little brother discontinuing watching it. And the thing about him was that he reacted in a very uncivilized way whenever he didn't get his way, so...

:P

I got back into watching it in late 2010, when I found ways to watch the shows on the internet. In my case, I pretty much like most of the seasons, but have mixed emotions on the BW series. My step-brothers, sister, and biological brother like the OS series the best, while my grandma has a fondness for ALL of them. Right now I like the Johto episodes the best, but that could change in the future.

I stopped watching consistently around mid-AG. I suppose if I had to pick a series I actually invested in and returned to, it would be the current one, though I'm beginning to drift away from the anime again.
    I hereby claim the starter Fennekin and its Evolutions for my first run of Pokemon X

Put this in your signature if you think Ruby and Sapphire deserve remakes! (started by Flare 64!)

70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries (also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste
    this into your signature!
    (Started by SapphireL)

My White 2 team:

I can't believe some kids would just give up on the whole series like that for just one character leaving. It's amazing what I'm reading in here. I used to like Misty back in the day, but I used to watch Pokémon for the pokemon. If they has got rid of Ash after Johto, then people would have really stopped watching the damn series. But I liked all of series to a degree. I hope people learn their lessons about giving a new series a chance and not just abandoned it like it was yesterday's trash.

My ideal battle ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    I can't believe some kids would just give up on the whole series like that for just one character leaving. It's amazing what I'm reading in here. I used to like Misty back in the day, but I used to watch Pokémon for the pokemon. If they has got rid of Ash after Johto, then people would have really stopped watching the damn series. But I liked all of series to a degree. I hope people learn their lessons about giving a new series a chance and not just abandoned it like it was yesterday's trash.
    You would be surprised how many people watch this show for specific characters. Take out TR or Ash permanently from anime and i can guarantee you anime will lose many viewers. Which is perfectly understandable, because when people grow attached to certain character tending to enjoy in anime more when he is around, when you take out one of key parts why they liked show is when that same show starts to lose to them purpose.

Especially if great deal of humor and charisma, or identity someone brought to anime is taken away with his leaving.

Additionally back than people invested more into characters not being used to cast changes like its case now, with first girl departure causing more shock than her successors created for understandable reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemon fan 132 View Post
    You would be surprised how many people watch this show for specific characters. Take out TR or Ash permanently from anime and i can guarantee you anime will lose many viewers. Which is perfectly understandable, because when people grow attached to certain character tending to enjoy in anime more when he is around, when you take out one of key parts why they liked show is when that same show starts to lose to them purpose.

Especially if great deal of humor and charisma, or identity someone brought to anime is taken away with his leaving.

Additionally back than people invested more into characters not being used to cast changes like its case now, with first girl departure causing more shock than her successors created for understandable reasons.
    Agreed. I was so angry when Misty left at the end of OS myself. Very saddened myself by that decision at the time. Characters tend to leave a big impression on you and replacing them does tend to lower one's interest in a show. Especially if that character is one's favorite, or they feel they had a unique dynamic with the others.

Nowadays, I don't mind character replacing as much since I'm so used to it by now (along with the current dub voices since the switch), but I haven't really looked upon either favorably for the most part.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

Misty left I left. I followed what happen in the following series but I did not watch every episode like I used to. (Mainly just league and few gym battles)
    Came back for Sinnoh because the rivals were good.( Paul and Barry mainly and Bianca with the booty)
    Left again with Unova (Pikachu losing to a lv 5 started told me everything I needed to know about how this was going to go) and now I am watching again because of Charizard's return
    Last edited by Outburstz; 1st April 2013 at 7:38 AM.

Can't really vote since I stopped in AG and came back in BF and the options are together.

I have never stopped watching pokemon. I mainly watch it now because I want to see if they are ever going to do something about Ash's situation or just leave him hanging without anything to show for his time on the show all these years.

My ideal battle ever!

Stopped watching around 2002 (lost Kids WB), came back to where I left off, skipped some episodes.
    Ghirajinxaphobia (or Ghirajinxphobia) - Fear of Ghirahim being cosplayed by a Jynx

As soon as BW started i went on hiatus. I do not like BW
    Happiny is awesome

Bands and artists I like at the moment:
    Radiohead
    Muse
    Boards Of Canada
    The Beatles
    Bjork
    Aphex Twin
    Nine Inch Nails
    Vampire Weekend
    Lady Gaga
    Gorillaz
    Brian Eno
    Coldplay

Quote Originally Posted by *futachimaru* View Post
    As soon as BW started i went on hiatus. I do not like BW
    I have to admit I have skipped some of the BW episodes mainly the fillers. I only watch the ones with the rivals, Don things and whatever competition they might be having.

My ideal battle ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    I have to admit I have skipped some of the BW episodes mainly the fillers. I only watch the ones with the rivals, Don things and whatever competition they might be having.
    If you skiped only fillers you didn't skip many.

I came back the same time I got back into Pokemon in 2009 during that time The Sinnoh saga was in Battle Dimension. And I believe Giratina and the Sky Warrior was airing on CN.
    DON'T LET OTHERS DEFINE YOU!
    YOU DEFINE YOURSELF!!
    Nintendo Network ID: Marbi-Z
    3DS Friend Code: 4596-9457-8718
    Platinum Team:
    Heartgold Team:
    White Team:
    White 2 Team:
    Alternates:
    I Love LOPUNNY and I Love GARDEVOIR too!
    Wanna battle and/or exchange 3DS Friend Codes?
    PM or VM me!

sinnoh, it was the lucario episode

sweet episode to hook me back into the show
    Latest AmourShipping AMV
    Proud Advance/AmourShipper ~ I would Also like to thank Larvitarr from tumblr who created this sig

Isn't everything we do in life a way to be loved a little more? ~ Before Sunrise ~
    Grooveshark | Tumblr | BulbaGarden | MyAnimeList | PSNProfiles | Youtube | Last.FM

i went on hiatus during most of advanced but came back in time for diamond and pearl

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    If you skiped only fillers you didn't skip many.
    No. There were a few too many uneccessary ones that didn't need to happen as well. Alot of the fillers in the new Island saga, I'm skipping too.

My ideal battle ever!

I guess for me it was honestly Unova. I never really quit at any time, but Sinnoh really tested my patience and I got bored of it quickly myself. I've re-watched all of it, but for me, it was more of a chore for me than a pleasure (with a few exceptions, like the league, Ash vs. Paul rivalry eps, and some funny eps like "Where no Togepi has Gone Before!"). I'm surprisingly alright with Unova and for me it kinda brought back that child-like innocence and emotion that had been missing in the show since Hoenn ended. The only issue I have with Unova is that terrible league, and how Ash has regressed. *shrugs*

I hate Ash's regression as much as the next guy, don't get me wrong, but I do like that he has some personality again. XD.
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 6th April 2013 at 5:39 PM.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

I stopped watching shortly after Ash released his Charizard, and from then on dipped in and out until all the filler episodes put me off for good. I watched some of the start of Hoenn but soon drifted out again. I came back in just in time to see Ash's battle with Liza and Tate. Though some people hate it, seeing Swellow and Pikachu use Thunder Armour really got me back into it again as Swellow seemed pretty cool to me.
    Friend code: 5257-9947-2315. PM me so I can add you too. Safari contains Phanpy, Marowak and Palpitoad.

Current Y team (champions)

Current X team (6th gym badge won)

The Diamond & Pearl (aka Sinnoh) saga, I missed the entire Advanced Generation series because it often screened at a time when I was at school. It wasn't an intended hiatus, but forced.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast