Thread: rate my team for white 2? (pre-e4)

Default rate my team for white 2? (pre-e4)

So yeah. I like to change my team cus there's so many Pokemon to choose from in B2W2

???=suggestions needed

Samurott Lv53 (making this a mixed-attacker)
    Nature: Quiet (very finicky)
    Ability: Torrent
    Item: ???
    -Revenge
    -Megahorn
    -Surf
    -???/(Soon to be hidden power GROUND)

Cinccino Lv51 (this guy has perfect Atk and Speed IVs)
    Nature: Lonely (likes to trash about)
    Ability: Skill Link
    Item: Expert Belt
    -Tail Slap
    -Bullet Seed
    -Rock Blast
    -Wake Up Slap/???

Braviary Lv50
    Nature: Adamant (sturdy body)
    Ability: Defiant
    -Fly
    -Hone Claws/???
    -Return
    -???

*Umbreon or Jolteon? I don't have Umbreon yet but I already have a Relaxed Eevee. I have Jolteon and here's his data*

Jolteon Lv 49
    Nature: Modest (strongly defiant)
    Ability: Volt Absorb
    -Agility/???
    -Charge Beam/Thunderbolt
    -Thunder Wave
    -Shadow Ball

Umbreon
    Nature: Relaxed (impetuous and silly)
    Ability: Synchronize
    Items: ???
    -???
    -???
    -???
    -???

I have a Dream World Abra but it has an awful nature (Lonely) that I got from a trade.. Since I can't breed yet, I asked for help in another thread.

Alakazam
    Nature: Timid/Modest
    Ability: Magic Guard
    Item: Life Orb
    -???
    -???
    -???
    -???

Thanks

Best. Glee. Episode. Ever: S2 Blame It on the Alcohol
    "Girl, what you drinking? Gonna let sink in
    Here for the weekend
    Thinking we can
    See what we can be if we press fast forward
    Just one more round and you’re down I know it"

3DS FC: 3110-4067-7812
    PSN: thebestdamnthang

Quote Originally Posted by zerothethird View Post
    So yeah. I like to change my team cus there's so many Pokemon to choose from in B2W2

???=suggestions needed

Samurott Lv53 (making this a mixed-attacker)
    Nature: Quiet (very finicky)
    Ability: Torrent
    Item: Expert Belt
    -Superpower / Return
    -X-Scissor
    -Surf
    -???/(Soon to be hidden power GROUND)

Samurott gets a new toy in BW2 by the name of Superpower. It's a move tutor move, and since you likely won't be using it much, the -Atk and -Def side-effect isn't too important. If you're not keen to use Superpower, Return can be used for some nice neutral coverage. I'd also go with X-Scissor > Megahorn. It's slightly less powerful but more accurate, and especially in-game I find accuracy to be more important since hax has a way of popping in at the least opportune times. Hidden Power [Ground] is a great way to round out your set. I'd go with Expert Belt for the item here as your wide range of moves means you'll likely be able to score super effective hits often. Otherwise, Leftovers and Life Orb are options.

Cinccino Lv51 (this guy has perfect Atk and Speed IVs)
    Nature: Lonely (likes to trash about)
    Ability: Skill Link
    Item: Life Orb / Choice Band / Muscle Band / Kings Rock
    -Tail Slap
    -Bullet Seed
    -Rock Blast
    -Wake Up Slap/???

Your set is fine. For your item, you have four main choices imo. Life Orb and Choice Band can be used to power up all your moves, which will really make a difference as Cinccino's Base Attack of 95 isn't gamebreaking. Life Orb deals recoil damage to you and Choice Band locks you into one move, though. Muscle Band, though, powers up all your attacks by 10% (compared to Life Orb's 20% increase and Choice Band's 50% increase) but has no negative side-effects. A fourth option is Kings Rock; given three of your four moves will all be striking five times each, and each strike has a separate chance of flinching the opponent, you can play with luck and increase the chance to flinch your opponent with Kings Rock. Unfortunately the power of your moves won't increase if you go with Kings Rock, though.

Braviary Lv50
    Nature: Adamant (sturdy body)
    Ability: Defiant
    Item: Choice Band
    -Fly / Brave Bird
    -Superpower
    -Return
    -Shadow Claw

Brave Bird is a stronger option over Fly, though both are solid STAB moves for Braviary. With Choice Band, which increases your attack by 50%, and since none of your moves have poor accuracy, there's no need for Hone Claws, so go with Superpower instead. Superpower also allows you to hit Steel- and Rock-types hard, who would otherwise wall you. Shadow Claw for further coverage, especially against Ghost-types.

*Umbreon or Jolteon? I don't have Umbreon yet but I already have a Relaxed Eevee. I have Jolteon and here's his data*

Personally I think Jolteon fits your team better. It balances out the physical : special ratio in your team and gives you some nice coverage, and is also a lot easier in in-game playthroughs, imo, as it relies on sweeping rather than tanking. That said, I've given you sets for both Jolteon and Umbreon just in case you go with Umbreon.

Jolteon Lv 49
    Nature: Modest (strongly defiant)
    Ability: Volt Absorb
    Item: Wise Glasses / Leftovers
    -Charge Beam / Work Up
    -Thunderbolt
    -Thunder Wave / Substitute
    -Shadow Ball

I don't think Thunder Wave works too well on your team, as your team is, on the whole, rather fast, so Thunder Wave doesn't serve much of a purpose. I'd replace it with Substitute and run both Charge Beam and Thunderbolt. Substitute allows you to set up with Charge Beam while also dealing damage. Thunderbolt is your main STAB, and Shadow Ball as a filler move and as coverage, though you probably won't be using it much as Thunderbolt is stronger in the majority of cases. That said, Charge Beam isn't the most reliable form of setting up, so you might want to go with Work Up instead. As for your item, Wise Glasses boosts your Special Attack further, whereas Leftovers is used for healing, which is useful on a set featuring Substitute.

Umbreon
    Nature: Relaxed (impetuous and silly)
    Ability: Synchronize
    Items: Leftovers
    -Curse
    -Payback
    -Toxic
    -Return

Umbreon is built to be a tank. Curse boosts its Attack and Defence while lowering its Speed. This Speed drop and Attack boost combine to make Payback a strong STAB move. Toxic and Leftovers allow Umbreon to stall the opponent, and Curse helps out in this regard as well. Return rounds out the set with some neutral coverage.

I have a Dream World Abra but it has an awful nature (Lonely) that I got from a trade.. Since I can't breed yet, I asked for help in another thread.

Alakazam
    Nature: Timid/Modest
    Ability: Magic Guard
    Item: Life Orb / Focus Sash
    -Calm Mind
    -Psychic / Psyshock
    -Focus Blast
    -Shadow Ball

While Magic Guard means that Alakazam won't be dealt recoil damage through Life Orb, giving it a Focus Sash ensures you can get a Calm Mind boost up. It's up to personal preference whether you ran Psychic or Psyshock; the former calculates damage based on the opponent's Special Defence as normal, whereas the latter calculates damage based on the opponent's Defence, so it allows you to hit Specially bulky Pokemon hard. Focus Blast and Shadow Ball for coverage moves, allowing Alakazam to hit a broad range of types.

Thanks
    Comments in bold. Hope this helps!

Note: I haven't commented on your natures since I doubt you're willing to rebreed for better natured Pokemon at this point in the game, and none of your current natures are horrible by any stretch of the word.

Cool, Samurott could learn Superpower. I have LOTS of shards so I guess I'll teach him that move then.

As for Jolteon and Umbreon...what if I got them both on my team? I tried using the 2 of them for Doubles at PWT and they were amazing. Sweeped Roxie's team. Umbreon stalled with Charm, and Jolteon just kept abusing Charge Beam+SpAtk Boost+Metronome.

I'm afraid I might not be able to teach Umbreon Curse cause of an (honestly) stupid move by Nintendo by not allowing you to use the Daycare until after you beat the Champion. This is W2 by the way. I found a way to make it intentionally slow though. I made it hold a Power Band, making it slow and letting it earn more SpDef EVs at the same time.

Thanks for the big help! I was really struggling with my team cus I thought it was too unbalanced.

Here for the weekend
    Thinking we can

For Samurott
    If you didn't get Hidden Power Ground for Samurott, then you can use Ice Beam instead since it also give OK coverages.

Hidden Power TM is 18 BPs and I only have 12...so for now I have Ice Beam for Samurott. Once I get 18, I'll probably replace Ice Beam with HP Ground.

Here for the weekend
    Thinking we can