Thread: Please rate my Pokemon White 2 team.

Default Please rate my Pokemon White 2 team.

I would like to have this Pokemon team after the League, and i am just curios if it is a good team. Any advice on items, pokemon replacements, abilities, or nature are welcome. And of course ratings. And i don't care about EV training.

Samurott @?
    Torrent
    Calm nature
    Razor shell
    Water pulse
    Surf
    Ice beam

Lucario @?
    Inner Focus
    Bashful nature
    Extremespeed
    Force Palm
    Aura Sphere
    Swords Dance

Crobat @?
    ?
    ? nature
    Wing Attack
    Acrobatics
    Venoshock
    Fly

Darmanitan @?
    Sheer Force
    Careful nature
    Hammer Arm
    Flare Blitz
    Fire Punch
    Bulldoze

Haxorus @?
    ?
    ? nature
    Dragon Claw
    Swords Dance
    Outrage
    Dig

Tangrowth @?
    Chlorophyll
    ? nature
    Wring Out
    Giga Drain
    Bulldoze
    Power Whip
    Last edited by PokemonJob; 19th February 2013 at 5:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PokemonJob View Post
    I would like to have this Pokemon team after the League, and i am just curios if it is a good team. Any advice on items, pokemon replacements, abilities, or nature are welcome. And of course ratings. And i don't care about EV training.

Samurott @ leftovers
    Torrent
    Calm nature
    Razor shell
    Water pulse Megahorn
    Surf
    Ice beam

Lucario @Life orb
    Inner Focus
    Bashful nature
    Extremespeed
    Force Palm Shadow claw
    Aura Sphere
    Swords Dance

You lacked a way of hitting ghosts.

Crobat @ Choice band/scarf
    Inner focus
    Adamant nature
    Wing Attack Aerial Ace/brave bird
    Acrobatics U-Turn
    Venoshock Return
    Fly

I see this isn't bred yet, go for brave bird by egg move if possible. Lacks a way of hitting steel, U-Turn is there if you're not already choice locked to hit pretty hard.

Darmanitan @Muscle Band
    Sheer Force
    Careful nature
    Hammer Arm
    Flare Blitz
    Fire Punch/U-turn/rock slide
    Bulldoze/U-turn/rock slide

Haxorus @Lum berry/muscle band (already used on darmanitan)
    Mold Breaker
    ? nature
    Dragon Claw/outrage
    Swords Dance/dragon dance
    Outrage brick break
    Dig/earthquake

Earthquake hits a lot harder and doesnt need a turn of going underground, but dig is fine if you use it in game, i use escape ropes myself, they're cheap. Remember ground will hit pokemon with the ability levitate which can be useful.

Tangrowth @?
    Chlorophyll
    Modest nature
    Sunny Day
    Solarbeam
    Sleep Powder/Stun Spore
    Focus Blast/ancient power

Doesn't quite suit your team, sun can be useful for boosting darmanitans fire moves though, focus blast will mean you lack dealing damage to flying poke's
    comments in bold. Not changed natures for the time being as it requires a rebreed.
    Not sure how useful crobat will be too you, will easily be your fastest poke, which could be handy. Team is lacking a wall and this would be my first to remove. Tangrowth is somewhat of a physical wall. So a special wall such as vaporeon could be good.

Some of the movesets could possibly be better, the tangrowth one is sort of a "fun" build which can do pretty well.
    for PWT/single trains, i would be using Haxorus and darmanitan for certain, and leading with lucario/samurott. This means you can choose the best counter after lucario/samurott fall, and have the last to finish up whats left. You should clear the single train out. Super singles you may get to about ~25 or so. They cheat pretty hard after 20 :P
    My Diamond Sandstorm BT squad:
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?p=14238023 Streak: 50
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=556617 Streak: 47

My White2 Super Single Subway Squad:
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?598816 streak: 64 wins.

Samurott
    Torrent
    Calm nature
    Grass Knot
    [b]Air Slash/Hidden Power [anything not Grass/Water/Ice/Steel/Poison]
    Surf
    Ice beam

Calm is a -Attack Nature, so I think a fully Special set is a better option.

Crobat
    Mild/Rash nature
    Heat Wave
    Giga Drain
    Cross Poison
    Fly

a Mixed set, for something different.

Darmanitan @ Life Orb
    Sheer Force
    Careful nature
    Earthquake
    Flare Blitz or Fire Punch
    Rock Slide
    Zen Headbutt/Return/U-Turn

Adamant/Jolly are better, but Careful is okay if you don't want to get a new one. The problem with Hammer Arm is, it is not affected by Sheer Force (which means the Speed-lowering effect still activates), has less accuracy than Earthquake, and a similar coverage. Might as well go with Earthquake instead, which won't cripple Darmanitan. Rock Slide for coverage alongside EQ, last move is filler.

Haxorus
    Mold Breaker
    Adamant nature
    Dragon Claw
    Dragon Dance
    Rock Slide
    Earthquake

I suggest Dragon Claw instead of Outrage. Unless you like switching out (and therefore loses the DD boost) or spending a turn to heal the confusion....RS + EQ for coverage.
    Comments in bold

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Bigheaded View Post
    comments in bold. Not changed natures for the time being as it requires a rebreed.
    Not sure how useful crobat will be too you, will easily be your fastest poke, which could be handy. Team is lacking a wall and this would be my first to remove. Tangrowth is somewhat of a physical wall. So a special wall such as vaporeon could be good.

Some of the movesets could possibly be better, the tangrowth one is sort of a "fun" build which can do pretty well.
    for PWT/single trains, i would be using Haxorus and darmanitan for certain, and leading with lucario/samurott. This means you can choose the best counter after lucario/samurott fall, and have the last to finish up whats left. You should clear the single train out. Super singles you may get to about ~25 or so. They cheat pretty hard after 20 :P
    Thanks for your advice, but i don't want to breed. Because i am impatient for that. So which other moves should i have in my team? Megahorn and Stun spore are the breed moves.
    Last edited by PokemonJob; 20th February 2013 at 1:00 PM.

megahorn is not a breed move. it requires a heart scale which is easily found at undella town by turning dowsing on. Or can be gotten through the antique shop at join avenue. Talk to the move rememberer at PWT to remember megahorn.
    Stun spore is also not an egg move.

The crobat's brave bird is an egg move. Thought you may get that before you actually start levelling a zubat, perhaps not

Remember, egg moves are ones which are ONLY possible to get from a parent male knowing the ability and breeds with a female of a different pokemon. I.e staraptor which knows brave bird can breed with zubat to pass over brave bird to the zubat eggs.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the explanation! Now i'm sure i have a good team after the League. Thank you guys for the advice.

I have another question about my team. Is Braviary better for my team? Because I think Braviary is very usefull for my team and two flying type pokemon is unnecessarily if i'm honest, so i consider to replace Crobat for Braviary. And which moves should Braviary have?
    Last edited by PokemonJob; 23rd February 2013 at 12:21 PM.

I have another question about my team. Is Braviary better for my team? Because I think Braviary is very usefull for my team and two flying type pokemon is unnecessarily if i'm honest, so i consider to replace Crobat for Braviary. And which moves should Braviary have?
    Braviary @ Life Orb/ Leftovers
    Adamant Nature
    Ability: Defiant

-Brave Bird
    -Superpower
    -Fly/Thrash
    -Rock Slide

And IF you EV train it i'd go with 252 HP, 252 Attack, 4 Speed.

Braviary is a very bulky and amazing flying type pokemon, In my opinion the best Normal Flying so far.
    Brave Bird with a life orb is a suicide attack but can easily OHKO most pokes, or if you decide to suicide lead i'd reccomend using a Flying Gem and Brave Bird
    Superpower destroys rock types at the cost of -2 attack, but Defiant raises your attack (By two I think) when your attack is lowered.
    Fly for flying around, and a decent attack. Thrash + STAB is a brillaint wall wrecker for pokes that take neutral damage from Normal Type.
    Rock Slide for dealing with bugs/other flying types.

I have fallen in love with Braviary, and since you're on White 2 you can easily find the Defiant braviary at the Desert Resort on Tuesdays (I think)
    Hope this helped!
    Pokemon Black 2 Friend Code: 0304 7683 8265

Credit to the creator of this .gif, Knowyourmeme and google.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilorber View Post
    Braviary @ Life Orb/ Leftovers
    Adamant Nature
    Ability: Defiant

-Brave Bird
    -Superpower
    -Fly/Thrash
    -Rock Slide

And IF you EV train it i'd go with 252 HP, 252 Attack, 4 Speed.

Braviary is a very bulky and amazing flying type pokemon, In my opinion the best Normal Flying so far.
    Brave Bird with a life orb is a suicide attack but can easily OHKO most pokes, or if you decide to suicide lead i'd reccomend using a Flying Gem and Brave Bird
    Superpower destroys rock types at the cost of -2 attack, but Defiant raises your attack (By two I think) when your attack is lowered.
    Fly for flying around, and a decent attack. Thrash + STAB is a brillaint wall wrecker for pokes that take neutral damage from Normal Type.
    Rock Slide for dealing with bugs/other flying types.

I have fallen in love with Braviary, and since you're on White 2 you can easily find the Defiant braviary at the Desert Resort on Tuesdays (I think)
    Hope this helped!
    Okay, thanks for your comment . And you can find a Braviary on Mondays at route 4. So, Braviary is better then Crobat?

Crobat and braviary have different uses. Although if you are not egg breeding a brave bird onto a zubat, then yes i would say braviary is generally going to be stronger.

I would generally go return on him though, thrash forces you to continue with that attack and confusion. Fly is fine if you need it on one of your poke's, as brave bird + super power has lovely coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigheaded View Post
    Crobat and braviary have different uses. Although if you are not egg breeding a brave bird onto a zubat, then yes i would say braviary is generally going to be stronger.

I would generally go return on him though, thrash forces you to continue with that attack and confusion. Fly is fine if you need it on one of your poke's, as brave bird + super power has lovely coverage.
    Okay, I already caught Braviary. So, my qeustions are over. Once again, thanks for all your comments