Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Community POTW #112

Hitmontop for the win & spin

Looking for active friend codes of people that love to do Multi battles.
    No skill level required but dont use Ubers. Give me a PM/VM with your friend code so we can become friends and enjoy some great Multi battles !
    my fc = 0705 4374 1566

Hitmontop @Focus Band
    Trait: Technician
    Adamant Nature
    ~Endure
    ~Endeavor
    ~Agility
    ~Triple Kick
    EV's: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Speed

Hitmontop has great defense, but it's base HP is dreadful. This, however, means we can use one of Hitmontop's moves, Endeavor, to our advantage. Firstly, send it in against a wall with monstrous HP, such as Blissey. Use Agility once or twice (not for Blissey, for the sweeper that will most likely come in after Blissey) and now use Endeavor. Endeavor will bring it's amazing HP down to the terrible level yours is at. Now you can use the Technician-Boosted Triple Kick and do a sweep. Now, you are most likely going to face a sweeper. Once the sweeper comes out, you'll need to predict what will happen first. "Are they going to be able to OHKO me?" is what you must ask yourself. Hitmontop has great defenses, but again, it's HP is not even worth mentioning, so we mostly likely need to use Endure now (only if you are certain you won't survive otherwise). You'll survive with 1 HP thanks to Endure, and now you use Endeavor and their HP is now also at 1. Hitmontop has a Focus Band, so it may survive the next attack as well. Just use Triple Kick and if he survives, great. If not, send in a Pursuit user and finish of the opposing Pokemon.
    My swarm of Ledyba will destroy your crops bwahaha

Quote Originally Posted by papayaperson View Post
    Hitmontop @Focus Band
    Trait: Technician
    Adamant Nature
    ~Endure
    ~Endeavor
    ~Agility
    ~Triple Kick
    EV's: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Speed

Hitmontop has great defense, but it's base HP is dreadful. This, however, means we can use one of Hitmontop's moves, Endeavor, to our advantage. Firstly, send it in against a wall with monstrous HP, such as Blissey. Use Agility once or twice (not for Blissey, for the sweeper that will most likely come in after Blissey) and now use Endeavor. Endeavor will bring it's amazing HP down to the terrible level yours is at. Now you can use the Technician-Boosted Triple Kick and do a sweep. Now, you are most likely going to face a sweeper. Once the sweeper comes out, you'll need to predict what will happen first. "Are they going to be able to OHKO me?" is what you must ask yourself. Hitmontop has great defenses, but again, it's HP is not even worth mentioning, so we mostly likely need to use Endure now (only if you are certain you won't survive otherwise). You'll survive with 1 HP thanks to Endure, and now you use Endeavor and their HP is now also at 1. Hitmontop has a Focus Band, so it may survive the next attack as well. Just use Triple Kick and if he survives, great. If not, send in a Pursuit user and finish of the opposing Pokemon.
    You never want to use Focus Band, it's just too unreliable. With only a 10% chance of working, the odds are stacked against you. It's a waste of an item, really.

Seems like you're trying to do a Pseudo-FEAR set, but that puts you at the mercy of Ghost types, who wall the set entirely. Hitmontop absolutely needs to have SOMETHING to deal with Ghosts, whether it's Stone Edge, Sucker Punch, Foresight, etc. Otherwise they'll shut Hitmontop down completely, and given his common role as a Rapid Spinner, Hitmontop's presence does cause Ghosts to switch in often.
    Last edited by KillerDraco; 21st February 2013 at 9:58 PM.
    I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Checks and counters
    Pokemon that resist close combat and don't take too much from sucker punch are good to deal with it. Ghost types that can burn it are good options. Revenge killing it is another great way to defeat it
    Bugs are my love

Other favorites

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12