Thread: Slow Down! (Trick Room OU Team)

Default Slow Down! (Trick Room OU Team)

Slow Down!

This is a Trick Room Team I started working on. It's my first, so before I go too far in the development, I wanted to get the advice of the raters on here with more experience than I, since my knowledge is rusty at best. Not too sure about the synergy of the team, which felt off to me.

• Reuniclus @ Life Orb
    • Quiet
    • Magic Guard
    • 192 Hp / 64 Def / 212 SpA
    - Trick Room
    - Psyshock / Psychic
    - Focus Blast
    - Hidden Power Fire

Reuniclus is my main TR setter and I went with an Offensive set. Life Orb + Magic Guard gives extra power without the additional effects of LO. Psyshock for STAB and to hit physical threats, but Psychic is an option that I am leaning towards at this moment. Focus Blast for hitting types that resist my STAB such as Dark and HP Fire for coverage.

• Conkeldurr @ Flame Orb
    • Adamant
    • Guts
    • 128 HP / 252 Atk / 128 SpD
    - Mach Punch
    - Drain Punch
    - Payback
    - Ice Punch

Guts over Bulk Up Conkeldurr for quicker attack bonuses. Mach Punch is to get priority, Drain Punch is for STAB and HP recovery, Payback is to hit Psychic and Ghost-types, which Durr would have a hard time with otherwise and Ice Punch is for Flying and Dragon types, as well as other coverage.

• Heatran @ Air Baloon
    • Modest
    • Flash Fire
    • 252 Hp / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Hp [Ice]
    - Fire Blast
    - Earth Power

Heatran takes care of threats to my team, such as Scizor, and works better than TTar. EV spread makes it more bulky and Air Balloon allows Heatran to come in and trick the opponent. Fire Blast and Earth Power are STAB, Dragon Pulse deals with Dragon types and HP Ice does that also, while helping deal with Ground types and the others who can hurt him.

• (Joe) Snorlax @ Leftovers
    • Relaxed
    • Thick Fat
    • 80 Hp / 252 Atk / 176 SpD
    - Return
    - Earthquake
    - Fire Punch
    - Pursuit

Snorlax is the Special Tank of the team. Return is STAB, EQ for Rock and Steel-types who resist my STAB, Fire Punch is for coverage and Pursuit is to be able to take on Pokemon such as certain Ghost-types as well as harm switched pokemon. Had to name him Joe. You all know the symbolism.

• Slowbro @ Leftovers
    • Relaxed
    • Regenerator
    • 248 Hp / 244 Def / 16 SpA
    - Trick Room
    - Scald
    - Slack Off
    - Psyshock

Slowbro is my other TR setter, with a defensive EV spread to take hits. Regenerator and Leftovers for optimal HP recovery. Scald and Psyshock are STAB, Scald > Surf for the burn effect, and Slack Off for healing.

• Dragonite @ Life Orb
    • Modest
    • Multiscale
    - Draco Meteor
    - Roost
    - Fire Blast / Flamethrower
    - EQ

A mixed LO Dragonite but I might go with CB Nite instead. Draco Meteor is STAB, Roost for recovery and Fire Blast for coverage, although Flamethrower is possibly an option for PP's sake. Earthquake covers Scizor and other pokemon from taking it out. Not sure about the item, EVs and nature of Dragonite for a TR team.

Thanks for your guys' help in advance!
    Last edited by Zennyboiz; 18th February 2013 at 12:31 AM.

Played Every Region. Beat Every Region. Wailord.

Here are some main problems I see, although it may just be me.

Scizor can really put a large dent in this Team once you have Dragonite down.

Tyranitar isn't really supporting the Team with its Sand, so I'd advise against using it, as you have no Sand abusers. It also is no help with the likes of Scizor. I'd replace it with Heatran.

• Heatran @ Air Baloon
    • Modest
    • Flash Fire
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Hp [Ice]
    - Fire Blast
    - Earth Power

Dragonite dosen't really need Thunder Wave since you already justified that reason. You could try MixedNite or CBNite, but either way, Dragonite is better off with Earthquake to hit Heatran since it practically walls you otherwise.

That's my two cents, gl.
    I'm feelin' electric tonight
    Cruising down the coast goin' 'bout 99
    Got my bad baby by my heavenly side
    I know if I go, I'll die happy tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Aura Sensai View Post
    Here are some main problems I see, although it may just be me.

Scizor can really put a large dent in this Team once you have Dragonite down.

Tyranitar isn't really supporting the Team with its Sand, so I'd advise against using it, as you have no Sand abusers. It also is no help with the likes of Scizor. I'd replace it with Heatran.

• Heatran @ Air Baloon
    • Modest
    • Flash Fire
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Hp [Ice]
    - Fire Blast
    - Earth Power

Dragonite dosen't really need Thunder Wave since you already justified that reason. You could try MixedNite or CBNite, but either way, Dragonite is better off with Earthquake to hit Heatran since it practically walls you otherwise.

That's my two cents, gl.
    Thanks for the rate! I'll fix my team and test it as soon as I get back.

Played Every Region. Beat Every Region. Wailord.