Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Adventure Time

I never really got out of watching kid's shows. It's always been a guilty pleasure for me. Adventure Time, with all of its adult humor and it's huge older fanbase, has allowed me to be more open with this. Love the show so much.

I'm a confessed Marceline fanboy. Marcie x Peebles for life!
        Spoiler:- My Blog and Friend Codes:
    My Shinies:

Adventure time is mad funny xD my favorite character is most definitely jake :P my favorite episode would probably be the one when they snuck into marceline's house when she told them not to xD

Cred to Astral Shadow for banner
    ASB TL 1, 17 TP
    Play MLG Smash Bros? Contact me @Tythaeus to schedule a match. :]

Quote Originally Posted by zombieoverkill12 View Post
    Adventure time is mad funny xD my favorite character is most definitely jake :P my favorite episode would probably be the one when they snuck into marceline's house when she told them not to xD
    That's one of my favorite episodes too. It was mostly Jake's fault but I enjoyed that episode

Dat spider bite. Couldn't stop laughing at that scene.
    Last.fm | Steam ID
    Nostalgia

I watched Simon & Marcy today. It was a good episode.

Quote Originally Posted by SmartD View Post
    I watched Simon & Marcy today. It was a good episode.
    Yeah, it was good to finally learn a little more about what happened to them in the past. The way that Simon acted so fatherly was really sweet.

Back from a very long hiatus. Signature and other things under construction! My friend code is 3496-9664-6228, and my friend safari contains Slugma, Growlithe, and Braixen.

Spoiler:- Shinies and credits:

I found the episode adorable and yet sad to see how Simon's sanity declined. It gave me the feeling of a zombie apocalypse-type scenario. But young Marcy is Adowable. See, this is why I like the show, the characters are three dimensional and aren't just joke machines like in other animated shows.
    My FC is 1506 8504 1063

Pokemon Black team: The sixth spot is for whatever I feel like using at the time.

Looking for:

Pm me If you have any of these and I'll see if we can work something out.

My favorite Pokemon:

Shinies:

A man once told me I can't have my cake and eat it too. I then proceeded to eat not only my cake but his as well.

What if the stickers are the only things made in China?

I love watching the show but currently it is always on when I have school

Two things that confused me about Simon and Marcy. I thought Marceline stopped aging because she turned into a vampire... and yet in one seen, we see a close-up of her laughing, and she clearly already as her fangs.

The other is Hambo. In the previous episode, we see that Simon gave Hambo to Marcy, but while still in his sane form. Hambo is, however, missing from this episode, despite the fact that Simon has, essentially, become The Ice King by this point, and Marcy did, in fact, have Hambo until Memory of a Memory.

Still a great episode, just a couple of potential plot holes I'm curious about.
    My Shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by Rayze Darr View Post
    Two things that confused me about Simon and Marcy. I thought Marceline stopped aging because she turned into a vampire... and yet in one seen, we see a close-up of her laughing, and she clearly already as her fangs.

The other is Hambo. In the previous episode, we see that Simon gave Hambo to Marcy, but while still in his sane form. Hambo is, however, missing from this episode, despite the fact that Simon has, essentially, become The Ice King by this point, and Marcy did, in fact, have Hambo until Memory of a Memory.

Still a great episode, just a couple of potential plot holes I'm curious about.
    I think they are most likely animation errors that got overlooked. Hambo could have potentially been in the backpack that Simon lost and they could have retrieved it as well, or Hambo could have been back at the campsite.

The chemistry between Simon and Marcy was so beautiful and believable. This episode followed I Remember You perfectly. It didn't try to cash in on the sadness of the first episode, rather it set up the happiness between the two characters. Mr. Ward really does know how to set up all kinds emotions from sweet, to bitter, to sad. I'm hoping they show more about Marceline and Simon. I want to know what caused the two to finally give up, and I want to see where Marcie's parents were during all of this.

Even more though, I want to know the true background of the crown. I want to know the Ice King before Simon, and I want to find out what Gunter and the wizard eyes have to do with the Mushroom War.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ This is the reason why I like arguing. If I come off as standoffish or overly angry in an argument, don't worry. I'm probably having the time of my life. Whether I agree with them or not, the pokemon fandom has a lot of different opinions, and I love how nobody is afraid to share them.

BMO is my favourite, he's so cool and cute! I like how he says "feen" instead of Finn. My favourite bit is in the hug wolf bit when name says to Finn "tell me something reasurring" and Finn replies "I HUGGED YOUR MOM!!!!!!!!!"
    "shut up!" ~ Smosh
    STEPHANOOOOOOOO!!!!!

A very, very special credit to Rayce for giving me a timid thunderus ( the milos island one too.) after seeking it for half a year. He really did bend over backwards to get it to me, and I'm very grateful for that.

BARRELS! >:-(
    Im a bro, are you?
    Everybody do the flop!

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...or-Swift-Club)

This is mine and liz azzimagicas taylor swift fan club!

If you are a true Swiftie (a Taylor Swift fan) like me and not scared to show it, "Drop Everything Now" and copy and paste in your signature.

Me,Liz azzimagica,doodlebug and dr ciel are the taylor swift fans of serebii!
    4857 4427 2582: FC for white 2

Best bit of Adventure Time for me was in the episode Jake The Dog (I think) when Jake said to Prismo (one of my favourite characters in the series): "I wish for... A SANDWICH!" I LOLed at that bit. BTW, since I'm British, I watch Adventure Time online, as it takes FOREVER for new episodes to reach our shores, Glob damn it!
    I AM ERROR!
    Check out my YouTube channel! http://m.youtube.com/#/user/NinjaOfT...injaOfTheSkies
    My Pokemon/Futurama fanfic: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9186329/...anto-Adventure

I loved the Simon and Marcy special. I'm curious on what those zombie-like creatures were.
    My favorite scene in that episode was when Simon broke the window then told Marcie "Vandalism is wrong!"

Quote Originally Posted by Zoruagible View Post
    I loved the Simon and Marcy special. I'm curious on what those zombie-like creatures were.
    My favorite scene in that episode was when Simon broke the window then told Marcie "Vandalism is wrong!"
    Haha I laughed so hard at that part. xD

Maybe they will turn into the candy people.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Soxer View Post
    Haha I laughed so hard at that part. xD

Maybe they will turn into the candy people.
    Maybe? Bro, they not only look exactly like the zombified Candy People in previous episodes, but they're also accompanied by a giant mass of Bubblegum with a face.
    My Shinies:

That episode is making me come up with crazy theories but oddly enough, all of them are about Princess Bubblegum. If you think about it, she is the only main character whom we don't have a solid background for. Her family hasn't been mentioned, and the only time we have seen her young is when she has been de-aged. Every other flashback has shown her as eighteen. So far, all we know is that she built the Candy Kingdom, and she has a past with Marceline. Other than a couple of pictures in her castle, we don't know anything about where she came from. To top it off, her creation of both Goliad and Lemongrab shows that she has no intention of procreating naturally, or she can't procreate naturally.

I'm beginning to think that maybe, she is that wad of Bubblegum that gave Simon the soup. Maybe after Simon fully transforms into the Ice King, she ends up taking care of Marcie. It would explain why Ice King would have such a deep obsession with her specifically. He could very well remember her as the thing that helped him and Marcie survive. It could also explain how her and Marceline could have had their falling out. Maybe Marceline didn't like how Princess Bubblegum treated the Ice King, or maybe, Princess Bubblegum began neglecting her in favor of the Candy Kingdom and science.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ This is the reason why I like arguing. If I come off as standoffish or overly angry in an argument, don't worry. I'm probably having the time of my life. Whether I agree with them or not, the pokemon fandom has a lot of different opinions, and I love how nobody is afraid to share them.

I love the fionna and cake episodes. My favorite character is marshall lee because he's voiced by donald glover and he is my favorite rapper.
    Need help with the pokemon TCG? Hit me up with a message

Quote Originally Posted by Plus side down side View Post
    That episode is making me come up with crazy theories but oddly enough, all of them are about Princess Bubblegum. If you think about it, she is the only main character whom we don't have a solid background for. Her family hasn't been mentioned, and the only time we have seen her young is when she has been de-aged. Every other flashback has shown her as eighteen. So far, all we know is that she built the Candy Kingdom, and she has a past with Marceline. Other than a couple of pictures in her castle, we don't know anything about where she came from. To top it off, her creation of both Goliad and Lemongrab shows that she has no intention of procreating naturally, or she can't procreate naturally.

I'm beginning to think that maybe, she is that wad of Bubblegum that gave Simon the soup. Maybe after Simon fully transforms into the Ice King, she ends up taking care of Marcie. It would explain why Ice King would have such a deep obsession with her specifically. He could very well remember her as the thing that helped him and Marcie survive. It could also explain how her and Marceline could have had their falling out. Maybe Marceline didn't like how Princess Bubblegum treated the Ice King, or maybe, Princess Bubblegum began neglecting her in favor of the Candy Kingdom and science.
    But we do know about her past. In Susan Strong, she mentions her Great-Uncle Gumwad, and Cotton Candy Princess was mentioned in His Hero, as the princess Billy saved. Bubblegum is simply the latest in a long line of Candy Kingdom rulers. Bubblegum created Goliad to take over for her when she died, and gave Goliad her psychic powers to protect the CK from the Lich. Of course, Finn and Jake's meddling (mostly Jake's) corrupted Goliad and made her unfit to rule, but this doesn't change the argument I'm trying to make.

Someone (likely the previous candy ruler) created Bubblegum some time in the past. While I don't doubt that the wad of gum is connected to the Candy Kingdom, it's more likely a candy ancestor, some kind of primordial candy biomass. It may even be what becomes the Candy Kingdom someday. Bubblegum, despite appearing 18, is obviously not 18, but I also have my doubts that she's 1000 years old.
    3DS FC: 0748-3041-6462

Fictionpress / Buy My Book! / Hero's Path

About time Adventure Time thread has been posted

I'm such a huge Fangirl of Finn! I love the guy version of Marcelene A.K.A Marshalee!

Have people seen this article yet? This, on top of the recent nomination of Princess Cookie for some kind of animation award, is getting Adventure Time tons of good press!
    3DS FC: 0748-3041-6462

Fictionpress / Buy My Book! / Hero's Path

Quote Originally Posted by Feralninja View Post
    Have people seen this article yet? This, on top of the recent nomination of Princess Cookie for some kind of animation award, is getting Adventure Time tons of good press!
    I should see that episode. It's interesting that it expands the lore.

Spoiler:- "Alpha Sapphire Progress:

I for one would really like to know what the back story is between Marcy and Bubblegum. From what I can tell in What Was Missing, they aren't related, and they obviously had some sort of relationship. Most would like to say that they were just best friends and it goes no further than that. But I think its deeper than that, as Marcy throughout the episode is acting like a spurned lover who still has feelings for her ex while Bubblegum sounds like she wanted Marcy to change at some point (maybe even trying to force her to) but it only served to spurn their relationship. She ever affectionately calls Bubblegum, "Bonnibel", which I think shows that they were at least close at some point.

"I'm Just Your Problem" just screams subtext when you actually pay attention to the lyrics.

Then again, this is just one guys ramblings.
    Last edited by deathseer; 29th March 2013 at 7:11 AM.
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

Quote Originally Posted by deathseer View Post
    I for one would really like to know what the back story is between Marcy and Bubblegum. From what I can tell in What Was Missing, they aren't related, and they obviously had some sort of relationship. Most would like to say that they were just best friends and it goes no further than that. But I think its deeper than that, as Marcy throughout the episode is acting like a spurned lover who still has feelings for her ex while Bubblegum sounds like she wanted Marcy to change at some point (maybe even trying to force her to) but it only served to spurn their relationship. She ever affectionately calls Bubblegum, "Bonnibel", which I think shows that they were at least close at some point.

"I'm Just Your Problem" just screams subtext when you actually pay attention to the lyrics.

Then again, this is just one guys ramblings.
    Adventure Time has plenty of heavily implied adult themes. I, for one, wholly agree that the creators set up an unseen lesbian backstory between the two characters. Maybe they weren't trying to imply that far; I'm open to being wrong. Still, you can't argue the extremely uncharacteristic level of embarrassment Marceline takes on during "I'm Just Your Problem," even worse than she's ever had with her dad. Then there's the shirt incident later in that episode, followed by the fact that Marceline didn't even need to be there with them that episode, but chose to be instead.

But now I'm just starting to repeat what's already been said. Bubbline for life!
    My Shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by ♥IKawaiiThief♥ View Post
    About time Adventure Time thread has been posted

I'm such a huge Fangirl of Finn! I love the guy version of Marcelene A.K.A Marshalee!
    Well ya, I'm a Fanboy of Jake The Dog!

Guess what? Next time I go on Pokemon Platinum, I'm renaming my Empoleon Gunter, after the Ice King' s penguin! MATHEMATICAL!
    I AM ERROR!
    Check out my YouTube channel! http://m.youtube.com/#/user/NinjaOfT...injaOfTheSkies
    My Pokemon/Futurama fanfic: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9186329/...anto-Adventure

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast