Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: S P I R I T [RPG Thread]

Luke Kendall
    Congo, Africa

Luke was able to successfully get a call through to Cynthia, who would bring in back up, and he felt a bit calmer, especially after what he's been through. It was cut short due to a hyena pouncing on him, but he fought it off. Not long after that, a pack of hyenas had arrived. Still pissed from the last illusion he experienced, he was ready to face them on, focusing his energy into his fists. Except, he wouldn't dare hurt what was standing before him.

It was his loving mother and innocent little sister.

"Damn it, it's just an illusion Luke. Just end it, punch your Mum and sis..." he said to himself through clenched teeth. He bit his lower lip and slowly stepped forward with power swelling in his fists. He bit so hard it started to bleed.

He couldn't do it. It would be on his conscience for life, even knowing his mother and sister were safe at home. He knew they were illusions, but that was not enough for him to attack. They were the two people he loved most. His power dissipated and he stood in place, angry at himself for how much he's failed already.

"I-I can't be a leader."

The hyenas took this chance to attack and they knocked him down, still in the form of his other and sister. They were clawing and gnashing at his abdomen and he just squirmed. Luke thought it would be the end of him, at the hands of his mother and sister, but it seems that he had a stroke of luck. Out of the blue, a whip of water was sending back the hyenas, and now Luke saw their true forms. His anger grew, but he couldn't do anything with the wound on his stomach, which was deep and bloody.

"What's up with you, aren't you the leader? Such a wuss," said Cameron in a teasing tone. For some odd reason, it made Luke smile.

There were still a few hyenas left, and Luke couldn't even stand. He used his psychokinesis to take care of some from afar, making them freeze in place and putting pressure on them. The use of his powers in his state was strenuous and he had to stop. Cameron took notice and quickly ended it by drowning each remaining hyena with a bubble of water around their heads.

"You can't fight with that wound! Let me take care of it." Cameron knelt beside Luke and began to heal his wound. He waved his hands above Luke's injury and water covered the area. At first it stung a little, but soon it began to glow and soothed the pain. The bleeding slowed down and Cameron continuously had to drain any excess blood from the wound. It would take some time to heal, but it was obvious that Cameron didn't mind.

Cynthia Viridian
    Congo, Africa

The group arrived in the forest where Luke's team were being ambushed and she immediately shouted an order for her team. "Spread out and help the group!"

Some were fighting off illusions, while some were mesmerized by them. She started to fend off some hyenas with the spear she formed with her staff. She swung and spun it around herself as they jumped at her. She also captured some in barriers and went around to support any other members.

As she fought through the horde she noticed how some of the team members were going against each other and arguing. This angered her and she began to seethe with rage. Teammates should help each other, not go against one another. She took the end of her staff with the spear and morphed it into a mallet head. She then used powerful swings to knock out any predators, fueling each swing with the anger she possessed.

Instead of dealing with the team she decided that the task at hand had to be dealt with, and she just kept fighting on. The battlefield was a complete chaos. Gun shots and other projectiles zipping through the air, some members becoming hysterical, and even an explosion. Cynthia realized that throughout the whole battle she did not see Luke even once.

She withdrew her weapon and went to search for him.

Luke Kendall
    Congo, Africa

The healing wasn't done and Luke felt uncomfortable.

"Okay, you can stop touching me now!" he shouted out as if he would panic soon.

"You have to stop squirming. Why are you so stubborn? I'm trying to help," shouted back Cameron. Luke shut up for a second and laid still, when out of the brush a hyena bit Cameron right in the jugulars.

The hyena used an illusion to camouflage itself and went unnoticed. Cameron yelled out in pain and Luke immediately stood up and used his strength to knock the hyena unconscious. Blood started to spurt from Cameron's neck, and Luke's wound opened up from movement.

Luke noticed and went towards him. "Ca-Cameron! Your neck, heal it now!"

Cameron couldn't speak, the force of the bite from the hyena did too much damage. Luke fell over from his wound and watched as Cameron held his neck and shuffled towards him. Cameron was able to slow down his bleeding, but it wasn't much of a difference. Instead, he chose to heal Luke who refused to accept it.

"Stop it, heal yourself! I order you to do so as your leader!" Cameron just smiled as he jabbed Luke on the neck to render him unconscious. Everything went black for Luke.

Cynthia Viridian
    Congo, Africa

Cynthia was rushing through the forest to find the absent leader. The last time she spoke to him their line was cut. She dodged branches and brushed past thorns and bushes until she reached a small clearing by a pond. She gasped and covered her mouth at what she saw.

It was Luke and Cameron on the ground, with blood everywhere. Surrounding them were the dead bodies of countless hyenas. Did they die fighting them off? Cynthia was in shock and had to examine the bodies.

Luke was lying still on the ground, and Cameron was right over him, knelt beside his stomach with his head laid against his chest. She turned over Cameron's body and checked his pulse by pressing his wrist.

There was no sign. She looked at the rest of his body and found many wounds covering it.

She turned to examine Luke. She noticed that he didn't have any fresh wounds on his skin, other than the big scar left on his abdomen. She realized that it must have been Cameron who fought off the pack and protected Luke, who was unconscious. She lightly slapped Luke and told him, "Wake up!"

Luke awoke abruptly and the first thing he yelled was Cameron's name. He turned to see Cynthia and she looked away mournfully. He saw his body and knew what happened. He lightly rubbed the wound on his abdomen, fully closed and healed, and tears started to well up in his eyes.

Cynthia put out her arm to lift Luke, but he refused. He got himself up and picked up Cameron's dead body. He did this all in silence and they walked back to the group without saying a word.

Along the way Cynthia called the base for pick-up on the giants and some of the hyenas they captured. As they arrived at the original site they saw some of them being carried away. Giants were tied by strong chains around their bodies and were air lifted to who know's where. After removing one of the giant's bodies they found the crushed corpse of Ian, and it was not a pretty sight. No one bothered to look at it, but medics were able to recover it. They even took Cameron away, which was difficult for Luke to give up. The hyenas were then caged and put into a plane as cargo.

Cynthia gathered the group and there was transportation ready for them. It was a big truck that would drive them to the nearest portal.

Cynthia Viridian and Luke Kendall
    SPIRIT HQ

The group finally arrived back to the base, tired and tattered as they are. Luke was still shocked at what had happened and went straight to his dorm. He still hasn't spoken a word and looked tired as hell. Cynthia gathered the group and decided to speak a few words.

"Listen up! I thank my team, with the exception of a few, for getting ready as quick as they can to aid Luke's team. I'm sad to say, that there have been a few deaths, but we were successful in terminating the enemy. It is Ian Blackwood and Cameron Kingston who are no longer with us. May we please have a moment of silence for them," Cynthia stopped and bowed her head. After a few seconds she resumed.

"We will attend a service for them tomorrow and I expect all of you to come. Now, the whereabouts of Dr. Thimbletack are unknown and there wasn't a body found near the site. A search party has been sent, but if anyone knows anything, please contact me. That is all I have to say to you guys, you may now go eat and rest, or do as you wish. You deserve it for your hard work."

She dismissed the team and went to look for the people who stayed behind: Frey, Dr. Penner, and Andrew.

She found Frey sitting with his dolls in the cafeteria and grabbed him by the collar. She proceeded to ask him angrily, "Where were you?"

Frey just shrugged and said, "Eh, I was tired. I don't want to stay with any of you children anyway, so I thought I would stay to tell you. I guess this is goodbye. Oh, before I leave, I left something in your room for ya, sweet-cheeks. Keep it around ya, alright? I might come back to reclaim it, who knows."

He then winked and left. Cynthia stood there with a puzzled look on her face before she shook her head and remembered what she was doing.

She heard from one of the professors that Dr. Penner and Andrew were both in their own dorms. She then went on to barge into each room and to drag them out. As soon as she had them both in front of her, she let out her rage.

"Do both of you have any idea of what happened on that mission? I specifically told you all that it was an emergency, and yet, both of you stayed here. Do you know what happened? Comrades died! Comrades were injured! Both of you could have been there to aid us, but no! You'd rather laze around over here! Our missions are crucial for everyone around the world. How can you guys be such dummkopfs! We're here to fight off the supernatural, if you can't handle anything, then just leave. You guys disappoint me. You don't even deserve to be in the elite group. Both of you, you're cleaning the cafeteria and bathrooms for the next three days. You start tonight."

When she finished Dr. Penner turned around and picked up something. He then looked at Cynthia and handed it to her. "Combustion stick," he said, "For the next time you can't handle yourself. I hope it blows your limbs off because you're flustered from not having a hold on your powers again, you rotten *****."

Cynthia's face immediately turned into the nastiest glare you could think of. She clenched the combustion stick and smacked Dr. Penner beside the head. "Excuse me," she started, "Who do you think you're talking to like that? I am your leader, you are my subordinate. I don't care how old you are, I will treat you like I would everyone else. Don't even bring up the whole 'respect your elders' thing. If you had the slightest idea of respect then you would know to listen to your boss. If you act up like this again, I swear, I will beat you down to a pulp and you will be detained. The only reason I 'lost a hold' on my powers in Hungary is because I exerted them to protect you all. The least you could say is thank you. I know I was a horrible leader and that I already made many mistakes, but now I'm trying to better myself for future missions. If you won't respect me, then why should I respect you? Now you can shove that stick up your tight ass and get cleaning to the toilets."

Cynthia turned and stomped off to her room after her rant and started crying. She really wants everyone to like her, but knows she is failing. She wiped her eyes and then prepared for bed. She changed out of her armor and took a shower. She then changed into night clothes and sat down at her desk. She was going to start to write her report and noticed the doll Frey left. It was his companion, Alice, and it made Cynthia a little uneasy. 'Keep it around ya, alright?' Whatever. She rolled her eyes and started her report before she dozed off in the wee hours of morning.

She was woken up by someone entering her room. "Huh, what? Wh-who's there?" questioned a groggy Cynthia as she wiped drool off of her face. Her vision was blurry, so she wiped her eyes as the woman who entered spoke.

"Ahaha!" she laughed and grabbed her sides as her big breasts bounced along. She flipped back her long, orange hair and spoke again. "You always weren't a graceful one, huh Cynth? I heard what happened, thought I'd come and visit. You need to take charge more."

Cynthia then heard a few beeps, as if it came from a pager.

"Oh! Time for me to go on my next mission. Don't die," the mysterious woman said teasingly.

It took Cynthia moments before she could realize who the women was. Her eyes widened as she jumped out of her chair and dashed towards the door. The woman was already gone, no where to be seen. Cynthia felt anger welling up before she blew.

"Amari!"

It was the woman's name.
    Last edited by SenorLaughsaLot; 14th April 2013 at 4:28 AM.

[Not Made by Me]

OoC: Are shared dorms alright? They are recognised as sisters...

Colby Stilton and Stella Stilton
    SPIRIT HQ

The Stilton sisters heived a sigh of relief after a long day of work. The twins had worked hard, and a Stilton's Alice Synch, a powerful attack used solely by twins of their bloodline, used quite a lot of energy.
    A couple deaths. To the Stiltons, it was tragic, but it was still an occupational hazard. Then again, if people were to continue to die at this rate, only then will the real problem arise.

The Stiltons returned to their shared dorm, decorated in orange and purple. They really love that colour. It was the colour of their eyes. After a long day, they couldn't help but lie in their beds.

"Say, sister," Colby spoke, "do you think father will ever banish us? I mean, I don't want to hurt Christina either, but..."
    "Nah, I hope not. Christina isn't even a blood related Stilton. She can't even use Androgynous Blood. We're the only possible option, and we work hard. You think?"
    "Yeah, I guess..." Colby cheered up a little. Among his books, he pulled out a book about Norse mythology. "Fenrir, Jormungand and Hel. Hmmm... nice, nice. A dark trinity birthed by the evil god of mischief Loki. Fenrir was binded, Jormungand was thrown into the sea, and Hel was tossed into the Underworld... Say, remember the Niddhogg we faced before?"

"The black dragon thing that couldn't fly? Of course. Commanded by Hel, presumably. We have faced the dark trinity that Loki has spawned one by one, but we almost died each time. Looking back, I don't know whether to be traumatised or laugh at it."

"We've faced worse, sister," Colby spoke, "Slenderman can easily fry our optics due to his odd nature. He could've been creepier if he could rip through us," Colby spoke.

"Let's grab a bite..."

---

The Stilton twins sat at the mess hall to consume stuff. They could practically chow down literally anything without getting fat, so that was what they did.

"You know sister, I think we ahould buy more durable clothes," Stella spoke.
    "Don't bring that up, sister, it's embarassing."

They simply ate some pasta, and began to attempt to mingle with the others.
    Please help my dragons

OOC: Sorry for not posting for a little, been super busy. I'll make it up with this spicy post

Bruce Penner
    Spirit HQ

Penner returned to his dorm without really speaking to anyone. He had heard Cynthia say something about being ready to leave soon. He had finally gotten an oppurtunity to unpack. Most of the things he brought were equipment related. He had the material to make more grenades as well as scrap material to make whatever he thought he would need. Finally, he pulled out a picture frame. It had been a picture of him and his wife working together, only two years before the incident. Being around all these young people made him miss her even more. She was the only one who matched him intellectually. They had better conversations about dairy than most had about theory and physics. Suddenly Penner was overwhelmed with sadness. He looked at the material on the floor and did what he always did at times like this. Create.

He lost track of time while he worked with his parts. Suddenly there was a loud banging at the door. Cynthia had appeared along side another boy from the mission. He quickly received an ear full for not going on the mission. Apperantly two people had died. Penner was certain his presence wouldn't have changed that fact. He didn't like how this person, who was younger and, according to what happened in Hungary, can't even handle herself. He had built half a dozen things for the group to use. That was certainly a better use of his time. Finally, he dictated to him a job given to fools, scoundrals. It was the final direct insult. He turned around and picked up one of the smaller items he had built that day. And gave it to cynthia. It was a long baton with a golden tip.

"Combustion stick, for the next time you can't handle yourself. I hope it blows your limbs off because you're flustered from not having a hold on your powers again, you rotten *****."

The boy looked stunned, Penner again pulled from his counter top. He handed a little box to him.

"Pocket super vacuum, put this in the bathrooms, hopefully it doesnt pull down too much tile."

He grabbed a bag full of the remaining items and headed to the common area to distribute them.

He saw the robot girl was sitting again this time with a similar looking figure. He approached them.

"Young Lady, I've tried for several hours to make something similar to that little dimension of yours, I'm a man of manners, so it feels a bit odd to ask this, but may I have a look inside you?"
    Evicted From Home = Retired

OoC: The twins run on magic technology. Colby has access to a pocket dimension of his own too, he just uses it in a less obvious way, which explains creating constructs out of nothing. They are simply magic-powered, and they learn spells.

Stella Stilton
    Dining Hall, SPIRIT HQ

"So, what kind of giants? Norse? English?" Stella and Colby were conversing.
    "They didn't talk, so I couldn't tell. Too regular to be Norse..." Colby scratched his head.
    The two girls just laughed a little, like peas in a pod. Metaphorically. A little too metaphorically.

Just then, the old technopath approached the two. "Sister, I want you to meet..."

Stella paused for a while. Colby simply patted her on the back.

"Don't worry, I can't remember anyone's name either. Apart from- alright, I guess I don't remember anyone's name."

The doctor began to speak.

"Young Lady, I've tried for several hours to make something similar to that little dimension of yours, I'm a man of manners, so it feels a bit odd to ask this, but may I have a look inside you?"

Stella simply blushed for a while. "I- I- I haven't even gone through puberty yet..."
    "Actually, we started early half a year ago. On another note..." Colby then smacked his head onto Stella. "I think he means that he wants to see your circuitry and such.

"Alright then, I'm ready!" Stella was being overdramatic.

"With haste, Colby quickly unbuttoned Stella's dress, revealing her bare chest, before it opened up like a slider door, revealing a diamond casing, and another barrier made of carbon nanotubes revealed itself. "And this is the part where I wonder how you lost your limb," Colby commented.

Alas, circuitry, with a gold heart in the middle. One could feel magic radiating from it, especially from that gold heart. The technology level of this thing was high, and so was its magic level. It seemed so complex, the only thing one could evaluate from it was that it gave sentience, and ran on magic.
    Please help my dragons

Lucrezia Stark
    Spirit HQ

After a battle that seemed just a bit too Action-movie-like, Lucy found herself with the others back at HQ. It appeared two members had died during that mission, and Cynthia made a big deal out of it. Luke appeared to be totally mentally exhausted, and could use a good dead nights sleep. Speaking of dead nights, Lucy also were quite emotionaly tired. God, if those hightened emotions inside her would just go away! She also had a big argument with the wolf-girl with the fake accent who introduced herself as Feliciana. Pffh. Feliciana my a**, she's nothing but a filthy dog that needs to be put in its place. Lucy got angry, and decided now was the time to unpack her stuff, as she didn't have time for that when she first arrived. Oh yeah.. She remembered she didn't take much with her, except from some clothing and her huge stuffed teddybear, mr. Cuddles.
    After unpacking and building up quite the rage by thinking of her whole situation, lucy decided to try to calm herself down. she sat down by the giant mirror in her room, and gently started brushing her hair, while observing herself in the mirror. There was nothing about her facial expressions that revealed the chaos inside her, except that she looked a lot more serious than she usualy did as a human. She also had those nasty red eyes. They were intimidating, and kept reminding Lucy about her situation. "Join or be exterminated"

After fixing her apperance and taken an unnecessary long shower, Lucy decided that this sucked! She did not want to be there, and felt that everyone (Mainly the wolf-girl) were against her. She took a stroll around HQ until she found what she was looking for: The kitchen. She took a big knife, and drove it softly up her arm, and watched as her wound healed before her. She was pretty much the best candidate of becoming a psychotic self-destructive vampire if this continued. "No!" She said to herself. She was not gonig to become "one of them" as her parents called the kisd who hurt themselves because they didn't deal with reality. She was about to put away the knife when she found a big bottle of Vodka standing in a closet above the sink. She took it, and floated back to her room and put on some loud party-songs on her iPod, thinking about wether or not vampires could get drunk... They could

But Oh. My. God, Lucy was thirsty! It felt like she hadn't eaten all week, which she actually haven't done. She might be a rookie vampire, but she knew how hungry vampires were known to lose control, and she did not want that to happen to her. she would not give that Wolg-firl the oppurtunity to laugh at her again. She felt a painful burning in her throat, and decided to confront Cynthia about it, as Luke was more or less back in his Tomato-state. Cynthia was a strong leader, she could give Lucy some advice, or even fetch her someone to eat. Lucy laughed at her own naive thoughts. They were there to prevent deaths, not cause them because of one little vampire girl.
    Last edited by Schade; 14th April 2013 at 6:51 PM.

Halt Jones
    Congo, Africa

FInally, the fighting at stopped. Mutts all over the place, a few dead giants, it looked like a mess. Halt grumbled a few unpleasentries about some of the SPIRIT members flying the bodies out, but only because he was cross with the idea that SPIRIT was, without purpose, robbing him of a damn good profit. At least they left the one he had broken. THe hyena was wimpering on the ground, trying to move with half of its legs broken on one side. It couldn't walk, and before it could snarl at Halt as he approached it, he gave it a painful kick to the ribs. It fell back, and Halt stomped hard on it's ribs again. "Stay down" he barked. THe hyena obayed, and Halt beconed to a SPIRIT member to drag the hyena to a cage. With a little urging and bribing, Halt got the man to put the mutt seperate from the rest of the hyenas. Halt gave a small chuckle at the man's reaction, but merely waved it off. He climbed into the truck with the others, and joined them to the teleporter.

SPIRIT HQ

"Now this wound is starting worry me" Halt muttered to himself softly as he observed the bite wound on his left pectorial muscle. The skin had been clean off, so the muscles and bones underneath were visible. Blood spultered out at a regural intival, and it was getting hard to move his left arm forward at the shoulder joint. As the others went their seperate ways, he imeddiately went for the infirmary. The saliva from the hyena was starting to annoy him. He knew it had a effect oh how his blood could clot, as in the platlettes congelling together to prevent wounds from bleeding out. WIth a wound so close to his heart, Halt was already feeling a little bit lightheaded. The walk was a short one, and fortunetly, the doctors weren't too busy that he woudn't have to wait long. A couple of bandages, disinfectant, and a little alcohol splashed into the wound would at least keep it from getting worse, and Halt was happy enough with that. He muttered a thanks, and nonchalently walked back to his room. "It'll be a bit stiff using this arm for a few days, but it's better than being out of commison for tomorrow for a surgery and stiches." Halt said to himself. Bored, he took out his .45 Magnum from his box, and walked back to the kitchen area. He closed his eyes, and started taking apart and cleaning the weapon, using his hands and memory to do it correctly. He overheard the conversasion with Stella, her sister, and the old doctor, Dr. Penner. He kept himself quiet, and focused on his weapon cleaning.
    Current Fan fiction projects:

The Heart of the Hunters a monster hunter fan fiction with with other ideas thrown in here and there.

Future Projects:

A MLP fan fiction in the works

A God Eater Burst fan fiction still in planning

Felicja Łukaszewicz/"Feliciana Luca"
    SPIRIT HQ

The battle over, Feli was now sitting at the kitchen area, some pasta on her plate. Relative to some of the others, she came out alright aside from being pretty dirty everywhere, having a few cuts and scrapes on her forearms after the confrontation with the Shadow people, as well as Patryk-hyena, maybe because her little feud with the vampire kept her away from the other hyenas. Two people had died during the mission and another one went missing, a certain Thimbletack if she remembered correctly. As she picked at her food, she watched how the old doctor asked for one of the twins to open herself up. The girl complied and...actually did do it, much to Feli's surprise.

Is she even human?

What followed later was the sight of layers, as well as circuitry and even an artificial heart. Feli pushed her plate away, not wanting to eat any further after the sight. Instead, she gave the girl a look and went over to Halt, who was polishing what seemed to be the gun he spoke of. It was a beautiful gun, despite him saying it was old. Much nicer than her own, and reminded her of what could've been. A time when they weren't on the run, when they felt safe, strong and happy. It was all gone now, all seven of them, were scattered by her own action, her own fault. This was a different life now. She pushed those thoughts out of her head as she looked at the parts of the gun, remembering that she had not registered her own and might be questioned about it, which may lead to worse things.

The dreadful thought in her mind, she decided to retire to her room, locking the door securely. In the bathroom, she took a quick shower and then applied some of the stinging liquid issued to her on the first day for minor wound treatment on her cuts. After plaiting her long, golden blonde hair into a simple braid, she took off her indigo contact lenses, revealing the true bright green of her eyes underneath. Nobody was going to see them, the room was locked after all. When this was all done, she then allowed herself to climb onto her bed and fall asleep.

-----

Feli sat on a long bench, in a place that eerily reminded her of a police station. She was not alone, five other people were sitting on the same bench, flanking both her left and right sides. Ignacy, with his flaming hair and warm eyes, had an arm around her, trying to reassure her that everything was going to be alright. She looked up sadly at him, shaking her head. It was easy for him to say, he wasn't the prime suspect after all, not when it was Feli's hand that was bleeding, Feli who had the pistol and forgot to shift. Everything happened at the wrong place, and at the wrong time.

"Przepraszam, Ignacek. To moja wina...jestem tak głupi! I should've shifted...this would never have happened!"

"Nie martw się, Felka. Lucek would come...he'll get us all out of here. You must trust me!" Ignacy assured, reminding her that Lucjan, their teleporting friend, was the only one who evaded arrest. He was going to come, Ignacy said, and get them out of the station. The escape would proceed as planned. Feli however wasn't as optimistic. She took out her Tarot deck and spread the Major Arcana cards into a fan, willing for Ignacy to pick one. He chose a card, looked at it and said nothing. Feli noticed that his face paled, and she took the card from him.

"Wieża...Ignacek, this is bad, very bad! It's the end of us! Lucek...something might-..." Feli was however cut off by the sudden footsteps coming in. She looked behind her and saw Lucjan, just as Ignacy anticipated. Standing up, she held up the Tarot card before trying to push him out of the door. The ill omen, it could be his.

"Wynocha, Lucek, wynocha!"

"Felka, I promise, everything would be fine. Come on, let's get out!" Lucjan tried to reason, but not before she heard the heavy footsteps of the policeman in charge returning to the room. In a panic, she shoved him to the ground.

"Before you get caught too, Lucek! WYNOCHA!"

-----

Feli found herself shouting as she suddenly woke up. Peering at her clock, she noticed that it was six in the morning, just in time. Shaking the sleep out of her head, she headed for the door to make sure it was locked. It was, much to her relief. The nightmare left her shaken, arrest was the last thing Feli wanted and she did not want to be reminded of it. Not when she already was here. Heading for the bathroom, she proceeded to washing her arms, putting on her clothes and making herself look presentable.
    Last edited by *Jean Grey*; 21st April 2013 at 5:17 PM.

~ Signature under Construction ~

| Lucian and Grimsley are mine. Touch and I will cut you. | That also applies to Houndoom. | Clock: Equal-To-Heaven |

Lucrezia Stark
    Spirit HQ

After quite a while of dancing around, actually managing to forget about her whole situation, Lucy suddenly heard a loud scream coming from somewhere in the HQ. She flinched, and used her vampire ability to hear where it came from. She walked in the direction of the screaming, or.. She tried to walk as steady as possible. It appeared drunk Lucy couldn't walk very good, but she somehow managed to find out where the scream came from: Feli's room. She stopped a moment outside her door, and tried opening it. It was locked. She put her ear into it, and she could smell something horiffic! She stepped back a feet and lunged a mega Kick at the door, which gave in without any trouble at all. Hoping she didn't crush someone, Lucy ran inside Feli's room. The stench was horrible, and Lucy couldn't see Feli anywhere. She suddenly felt the urge to puke, and grabbed Feli's trash bin. apparently, Vampires vomit blood. Gross! "Why didn't anyone warn me of this?" Lucy thought to herself. She heard a sound coming rom the bathroom, and once again got on the alert. She ripped open the door to the bathroom, where the stench was even worse, and saw.. Feli, completely fine, washing her face.

"Wh... Hey! You! Somethng smelled lik arse in here!!" Lucy stuttered, holding the door not to fall over. "And there was.. was.. a scream here moments ago! Have you seen anything?" Lucy sniffed. "Or smelled anything?"

(OOC: Short post is short...)

Cynthia Viridian
    SPIRIT HQ

Cynthia was stranded in the hallway, looking like a loon for shouting at nothing. Her breathing was heavier due to shock and her eyes were darting across every corridor. Calm down, Cynthia. She's not here... It was probably a dream. Don't want to see that rotten-. Her thoughts were cut off by someone placing their hand on her shoulder. She quickly reacted with a jolt and turned to see Luke in his pajamas, sipping a steaming hot cup of tea.

"Now what's gotten into you, eh? It's early and you're making this much racket? You look quite shaken up too, what's the matter? Why don't you come have some tea with me, we should talk." Cynthia just nodded in agreement and went back into her room to change into her regular attire. While she was changing, Luke took the chance to pour some of his portable antibacterial bottle into his hands and began to lather. He didn't want to offend Cynthia by doing this to her, he knows what she's capable of.

Moments passed and both Cynthia and Luke were in the team's meeting room. They sat next to each other, at the center of the round table with the touch screen board behind them. They had to cups of tea set out for each of them, and Luke encouraged Cynthia to take a sip. She's never had tea before and goes for it. "Do you like it," questioned Luke, "It's how my mum used to make it." As soon as the flavor of the tea hit Cynthia's tongue she wanted to spit it out, but did not want to offend Luke and his mother's tea. Instead, she put on a fake smile and nodded. She put down her cup of tea and subtly set it off to the side. She then asked, "What did you want to talk about so early in the morning?"

"It's about what's happened recently," his voice gets a little shaky, "I can't bear to let anything like that happen again," he regains his firmness, "We have to prevent that from happening at all costs." Cynthia sat quietly, thinking something over in her head. A few seconds later and she finally answers.

"I completely agree, and I think that we can prevent that if we merge... The groups have dwindled drastically and we need each other on missions. Then there's another problem. Team morale is so low... I've seen them fighting each other on the mission. We can't have that." Luke has been nodding in agreement the whole time and then took a sip of his tea, eyeing Cynthia's cup as he did. "Well, if we merge, we're going to have to know about each other's members. Why don't we look through some files?" He then put out his palms and motioned it towards him using his powers, which brought all the files on the current members out from a cabinet.

Cynthia grabbed the files on Luke's team as he grabbed the files on her team. They sat quietly reading through documents and statements, until Luke was puzzled over a certain someone's file. "Uhh, Cynthia. Why is there so little information on this Feliciana woman?" Cynthia gave a questioning look before her eyes widened. She facepalmed herself and then said, "I forgot... I've been meaning to go over it again. Damnit, I'm so bad at this! Give it here, let me take a look." Luke then throws it and it spins across the table, stopping before Cynthia. She squints her eyes and reads the little information contained within the folder. How could I have let this slide?

Cynthia then yells out the door, "Excuse me!" Shortly, someone in a suit and shades, an official, enters the room. "Can you please fetch Feliciana Luca for me? Tell her that I want to speak to her." The official nodded and was on his way. Minutes later an agitated Feli walked into the room and promptly sat down on a chair across from Cynthia and Luke. "Huh? What the heck do you want me for anyway?"

Cynthia is first to speak,"Well, you see, there's little info on you for our records, so I'm going to ask questions. Is that okay? Of course, if you refuse I'll just give you the boot."

A surprised face forms on Feli, "Really now? Or...are you secretly a lesbian who wants to stalk me? Either way....sure. Whatever. Go ahead and ask the damn questions."

Cynthia, a little agitated, "No, I'm not looking to be your lesbian lover. First of all, where were you born? We don't even know that much."

"Couldn't you tell? Italy. Venezia, Italy. You know...where all the reports of creatures in the water and people disappearing almost everyday come from? Don't get me started on what exactly is in the canals...I do not want to know," replied Feli.

Luke is seated next to Cynthia, only observing Feli closely, without saying a word. His elbows sat on the table and his hands were interlocked in front of his mouth, with his eyes piercing into Feli. Cynthia then moved on to her next question, "Interesting. Where did you work before this?" Cynthia then lowered her voice and said, "I'd guess it would have been a bar or *****house, looking like that..." Luke heard and let out a small chuckle.

Feli glared at Luke and gave her answer, "I worked as a bartender before coming here. In a bar just next door to one of the bigger canals, unfortunately for me. Cynthia smiled and looked away as Luke had to hold his laughter from coming out. "What? I'm twenty-two!" shouted a confused Feli.

"Alright, Feliciana, what's your family like? It just says estranged on your file."

"I was estranged from my family ever since...do you have to know? Anyway, I live with my co-workers. Fabrizio Conti and Luigi Marino. So much better than my parents...wait, they don't deserve that...um...Janus and Elena."

Cynthia nods and asks, "How about that gun you have there. It says you owned it before you even joined. What was it for?"

"Is that even a valid question? Self-defense, obviously. It's not as if I'm a hitman or anything. I'm just a useless Venetian bartender who...you know, needs to keep safe for times like this. My co-workers advised it. Besides, this model was the best I could afford. I'm too poor to go get a higher caliber one."

"Okay Feliciana, those are all the questions I have for you. You may leave." Cynthia then looked down and began to write down the new info. A relieved Feli got up to go, only to be stopped by Luke who used his abilities to hold her in place. "Excuse me, I have a couple of questions for you," he releases her from his grip, "Here's the first. Is that really an Italian accent you have there?"

She turned, infuriated, "Seriously? You've never been to Venice before, haven't you?"

"Can't say I have. Next question. Is blue your natural eye color? I've seen you in your wolf form. Your eyes were green. Can you please explain that to me?" Cynthia's eyes widened after hearing Luke ask such weird questions. What's he going for?

Feli rolled her eyes and said in an irritated tone, "Fuck, it's dark blue. Have you ever heard of real wolves with blue eyes? No. There's your explanation."

"Very well then. Thank you for complying. Have a nice day." Feli then exited the room with slight stomping in her steps.

Luke grabbed his neck and moved it side to side in order to crack it. "I don't trust her. She's hiding something, I know it. You saw how bitchy she was answering the questions. I'm telling you, something is wrong with that one. Reminds me of this bastard who went by the name of Iggy Johnson. I used to work with him back at the SPIRIT branch in England. It turned out that he was hiding under the alias. His real name was Ignacy Jankowski and he was part of some gang called Wieża. He didn't fool me though, he claimed to be from England, but his accent was way off! Similar to how this one claims to be Italian. Maybe she could of been part of their gang..."

Cynthia let out a quick gasp. "I've heard of the group! I remember hearing about their doings. Ugh, it's a great thing they disbanded. I heard some of them had powers too. They were really fearful. Maybe we can access some files on them through our records..." She gets up from her chair and stands in front of the touch-screen board. She taps it to power on and goes to the SPIRIT records. She entered Wieża as a search term and files, reports, and all sorts of info began to pop up. She finds a report on their last crime and they both read through it.

There were wanted posters of every member, and when seeing Ignacy's Luke pointed and exclaimed, "Hah! That's him!" Then there was one that stood out. It was the only girl of the group and her name was Felicja Łukaszewicz. "This is strange," started Cynthia,"She looks a lot like Feliciana. Similar names, fake accents... She must be a part of Wieża." She turned to look at her wanted poster and read the information listed. "It says here that she has green eyes and a scar on her right hand. We don't know about Feliciana, but I'm going to guess that she's hiding them both. Luke, you and me are going to have to watch this one. We can't convict her without proof..." Luke nodded and then looked at his pocket watch. A frown immediately formed on his face and Cynthia questioned why.

"It's time to get ready for the service..." Cynthia just looked down and Luke stepped out.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lucas Kendall
    SPIRIT HQ

Everyone was gathered outside of the building of the SPIRIT base. The building was big and white, modeled after the White House. The grass outside was green and full of life, and the sun was shining bright. There was a podium sitting in the middle of a stage. To each side of the podium was a coffin containing the bodies of Cameron and Ian. Above each of the coffins was a poster with the head shots of each late member. The coffins were decorated with a few flowers and Luke walked up to the podium.

He let out a big sigh and gets ready to speak. Everyone grew silent when they hear him and give him their utmost attention.

"Friends, comrades, members. We were connected to these dear fellows through our work, and it was on the job where they met their demise. They had a long life ahead of them, but sadly, it was cut short due to careless mistakes." He began to choke up.

"Because of my stupid mistakes, these members had to sacrifice themselves! Because I couldn't take care of a damn giant, Ian went to try himself and I couldn't save him from being crushed! Then Cameron... because of me and my poor leadership he had to sacrifice himself in order to save and protect me. It's my role to protect you guys, but I failed! I failed, I failed, I failed..." His head bowed and hit the podium. He then started to sob and couldn't stop.

Cynthia rushed to the podium and began to pat and rub Luke on the back.

"P-please don't touch me..." He wiped his tears away and continued. "Today, I solemnly swear to be a much better leader than on previous missions. Cynthia and I have both agreed to merge. We will all cooperate and work as a team. We trust you guys and we hope you trust us. From now on, I don't want anything like this to happen again! Remember the fellows who sacrificed themselves! It's wasn't a waste, they were brave! Now... I should quiet down now... We'll have a moment of silence and then the coffins will be carried away..."

Everyone bowed their head and stood silent as the coffins were carried away. Luke lifted his head and spoke to the team members. "Everyone, please gather at the meeting room."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPIRIT HQ

The team members were spread out around the round table as Cynthia and Luke stood in front of the room. Standing between them was a young guy. He was charming lad, with tan skin, dazzling eyes, and was overall attractive. He looked like he was in his twenties and had a clear face. He was dressed in business-like clothes and looked like he belonged on television.

"Everyone, this is Caleb. He's going to be a new member of the group. Treat him with respect and get to know him," said Cynthia in a serious tone. She was now in her 'boss mode'.

"Hello everyone," said Caleb. "I look forward to being on the team. I hope you accept me." He then bowed and took a seat in front the screen.

"Okay, for this mission we are going to Egypt. There has been sightings in the Sahara Desert of a group of mythical birds and bird-like creatures. These birds include a Pheonix, Griffon, Harpies, and Thunderbirds. It has also been reported that Ra was spotted. I want you all to prepare, please. Make sure you're ready. This will be a tough mission, so we must work together. We won't leave for about half an hour, so why don't you get to know Caleb? He's new, so you guys should talk to him. See you all later at the portal."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sahara Desert, Egypt

The group arrived into the open desert that didn't seem to have anything, except for the few pyramids in the background. The sand was hot due to the blistering Sun, and the wind was blowing some of it around. It seemed like the team might have had to look harder, but seconds later the Sun was blocked and collected squawks were heard. The team prepared as they were targeted.
    Last edited by SenorLaughsaLot; 23rd April 2013 at 12:03 AM.

[Not Made by Me]

Bruce Penner
    Spirit HQ

"Fascinating!" Penner repeated the phrase several times as he put on his monicle and analyzed every detail. It seemed the girl ran on a power more advanced than technology. He quickly lifted up his cain as it made a flash in front of her chest.

"Just a camera young lady, nothing to fear. I thank you very much." Penner tipped his hat and went back to his dorm for the night.

He didn't sleep much however, based on his previous interaction with Cynthia, Penner had decided it was time to start putting his own plan into motion. Using the girls picture as reference, he used his powers and wits to construct what was a fairly large contraption, taking up almost a fourth of the room. It was about 3Am at this point. Penner opened up the hatch on the machine, and placed an apple he had taken from the cafeteria inside. He turned on his laptop, which actually was more powerful than the common super computer, and opened a video feed. It was his home in chicago. A similar contraption could be seen in his study. Carefully, Penner took a pipe he had taken from the lab with the teleporter at HQ and put it in place. The machine powered on. He flicked down a switch and the apple vaporized. A few seconds later, it appeared on the screen. He had done it! The teleporter was complete, and with some manuevering with one of his robots at home he could grab anything he wanted from Chicago. Step one of the plan was complete, he would work on step two tomorrow.

Penner slept heavily, but woke early as he knew he only had a few hours till afternoon, when the service would be held. He again opened his laptop, this time to a feed of the HQ lab. The top of the screen read Fly Cam 3000 Screen 1 He manuevered around until he eventually saw what he was looking for, the lab held its few particle excellorators in a cabinet, it was locked and probably had a number of security measures in place. Penner knew exactly how they worked, and could easily build one himself, but the parts were unbelievably expensive, most were owned by the government to create mutated soldiers. He needed one, but alas, age caught up with him, he would never be able to get to the items without tipping himself off the the guards or scientists, when your in your 60's subtly isn't a strong suit.

He moved to Fly Cam 2 to get his mind off it, and was intrigued by what he saw. The pissy wolf girl had been called in to see the two leaders. It seemed they were interogating her. The girl was coming off as flustered, and didn't seem to do a very convincing job. The two leaders didn't believe her in the slightest. This gave Penner an idea, he remembered the girl was young and fit. Very skilled. This may be his chance. He grabbed his graple claw and went into the hallway.

As the girl walked past. A claw shot out from the closet she had walked past. It gripped her and pulled her into the small room. Penner released the claw and quickly put his hand over her mouth to keep her form resisting.

"Now stop it, I'm not going to do anything. I just thought we could come to an agreement. It seems you need a way to avoide getting caught for whatever "gang" you're apart of." The girl opened her mouth to protest, but Penner stopped her again.

" Now before you go defending yourself. I don't give a damn what you do with yourself. Any man hat says they've been a good man their whole life is full of it. Ive done worse things than you can imagine, and besides, with any luck I'll be dead before I could ever spew about anything you've done anyway. You want cover? A way to keep from going behind bars? I can help you, but you gotta help me first. Use that young body fo yours to grab me something from the lab. I can change your DNA kid. No test is gonna put you in, no blood, no urine, no fingerprints, no nothing. And I get what I want too, all ya gotta do is steal me a particle accelerator."

An annuncement came on saying the service was beginning. "Think about it." Penner left the closet to get dressed in proper attire, leaving the girl alone. Penner was old enough to know how these things worked. By him telling her he knows everything, he had leverage, and soon enough the girl would approach him. Soon enough, he will see his wife again.

The service was more sad than Penner would have thought. The two lads were kids, just trying to do a good job. Penner removed his hat out of respect, until he got what he wanted, he would be sure to keep this from happening again the best he could.

Penner recieved the new mission the day after, and this time ensured he was ready when they were transported to egypt. Another place with didly squat tech wise, so he was sure to stalk up. He knew these birds were probably more trouble than they sounded.

Egypt

It was hot, Penner pits were sweating as he awaited what would probably be a long day.

Lucrezia Stark
    Spirit HQ

"Everyone, this is Caleb. He's going to be a new member of the group. Treat him with respect and get to know him," Cynthia said strictly, as she usually did when talking buisness. The group was in the round table in the meeting room. Cynthia presented a very handsome young man in a suit with tanned skin. Apparently, this was the new guy, which made Lucy wonder what he was capable of doing. Teleportation? elemental control? Whatever it was, she would probably see it in action, as their next mission was in... Egypt? Egypt, where the sun pretty much always shine? the sun? Lucy had lost her wide brimmed hat during the last mission, and would have to buy a new one, if not a whole body-suit.

"Okay, for this mission we are going to Egypt. There has been sightings in the Sahara Desert of a group of mythical birds and bird-like creatures. These birds include a Pheonix, Griffon, Harpies, and Thunderbirds. It has also been reported that Ra was spotted. I want you all to prepare, please. Make sure you're ready. This will be a tough mission, so we must work together. We won't leave for about half an hour, so why don't you get to know Caleb? He's new, so you guys should talk to him. See you all later at the portal."

"Birds, huh?" Lucy said to herself. She had read about some of the mentioned birds before, and wasn't Ra an egyptian God? Well, this might be difficult, but to be honest, all Lucy worried about, was the sun

SPIRIT HQ

"Hmmm... he seems like a nice guy. I'm too tired to think of anything else. Let's head to bed..." Colby told his twin sister.

---

Sahara Desert, Egypt

The Stilton twins had quite a day already. First it was a little funeral for their perished friends, and next, was an addition to the team, a man named Caleb. Whatever he could do. Being handsome, it would be rather ironic to have scare-based powers, the twins thought.

The sisters were very well adept for a large range of earth temperatures, which include desert temperatures, mainly due to their unique physiology. This was Egypt. Egypt, ah yes. Their father had told them tales of this fabled land before, and how he had defeated and sealed one of the thousand avatars of the great Outer God Nyarlathotep in a sealstone, with a little help from their father's father, of course.

"Sadly there weren't reports of the Nyarlathotep, just birds..." Stella looked into the sky, "lots and lots of birds..."

The twins analysed the sky. They looked at a familiar figure - a Crow Tengu, a crow-faced humanoid yokai of Japanese myths. It swooped down upon the twins as it cawed. Apparently this was a Crow Tengu they had previously met and spared.

"I don't think he forgot about us..." Colby sighed as he summoned a bazooka with a simple spell as it replaced his left arm. Ge shot the Tengu in the face, agitating it. The twins interlocked arms, back-to-back, while Colby summoned his metallic wings and took flight. Upon taking notice, the feathered fiends that flew above began to chase after them like birds of a prey. You know what they all say, birds of a feather flock together.

"I don't believe these birds have a sense of smell, save the mammalian Griffin of course. A lightningbolt was aimed at them, but due to their insulative properties, only their clothes were charred. Well, Colby did feel a minor shock.
    "Thunderbirds eh, well..." Colby then looked at a horse face staring upon him. That was not the source of the attack. That was a Shantak, noble steeds and birds shown in the Cthulhu Mythos. The Stilton twins have seen these birds before.

"You know how to pilot one of these, sister?" Colby questioned Stella.
    "I like the way you think," Stella smiled back.
    Please help my dragons

Halt Jones
    SPIRIT HQ

Halt awoke with a start, finding himself face first in the table he had been working at the night before. "Damn, fell asleep working again" he grumbled "Just my luck. Least the gun is still here." The 45 caliber revovler was in pristine shape, with no chance of it siezing or missfiring. It was polished as well, giving it a very prsitine shine. What Halt loved about it, though, was the modification he personally gave it. THe rotating chamber had ten openings instead of the normal six, four extra shots in between reloads. Not only that, but the extra weight and size of the chamber and bullets gave the gun better balance and a little less recoil, though the recoil felt worse than before with the heavier gun. The heavuer gun also meant it was a bit tougher to aim realibly. Halt was still working on it, but a field test with someone else besides him would be a good idea. He holstered it, and put the cleaning supplies into their box again, before hurrying off with the rest of the team for the funeral. He personal felt nothing for the few that died. They made mistakes, and these cost them their lives in the end. It was life. People die, you shrug it off, and keep moving forward.

However, the order for the teams to be combined was a welcome one. It would make the missions easier on everyone, and possibly result in less deaths. The last thought was only a guess on Halt's part, he honestly felt death was needed for profit. The new kid gave Halt a bit of a bad taste. He looked like a bit of a made up part. What, is his ability making the illusion of him being hurt? Actually, that would be pretty interesting. Halt snickered, and then he decided to pay attention. Ra? The Egytion god of the sun? As in, one of a kind? Halt smiled wickedly. He needed a piece of that bird. Just one feather would make him extremely rich. He chuckled to himself as he rummged through his box, almost giggling in glee. That kind of prize would be perfect! He pulled out a shotgun this time, put his bow and quiver back, before pulling three boxes of shotgun shots. All three had ten shots each, and they were rare, near extinct. Soul-craft gauge. Extremely dangerous buckshot, strong enough to shatter bone on impact, and possible to pierce an elephant's skull with one shot. Halt laughed at this point, at the sheer hilarity of this little fact. An illegal poucher with illegal buckshot in a government run building working for said government in order to further the illegal deals. Halt eventually calmed down, and hid the boxes in a special belt he made. He also put in forty 12-gauge buckshot, and thirty bullets for the revolver, though it wasn't for him. As he darted out, he noticed the vampire girl from earlier. He grabbed a wide brimmed hat from his box, one with a mesh veil, and tossed it like a frisbee to the girl. "This might help" he joked.

The Heart of the Hunters a monster hunter fan fiction with with other ideas thrown in here and there.

Future Projects:

(OOC: Go ahead guys, you can fight them...)

Sahara Desert, Egypt

SQUAAAAAAAWK!

As soon as Cynthia turned around there was a Thunderbird diving down on her, causing the sound of thunder to boom overhead. Her hand was ready to grab the staff lying against her back, but Luke jumped in front of her and managed to stop the bird with outstretched hands. He looked back at Cynthia as he maintained his hold on the bird, "Are you bloody kidding me? Gotta be much quicker than that Boss," he said, ending with a wink. Cynthia scoffed and wiped the beads of sweat on her forehead. There was still a distance between them and there were all sorts of feathered creatures ready to attack. She gripped her staff and went charging towards the bird's belly.

The bird was struggling in Luke's hold, trying to flap it's large wings, large enough to block some of the sun. If it was given the opportunity to move it would cause enormous gales of wind to gush, which would explain the constant blowing sand. Then there were the large thunders that were reported to come crashing down with every flap. Cynthia was determined to get rid of what could have been a great threat. On her way she was bombarded by a group of gryphons. She bat one off with a punch square on the beak, blocked one with a barrier before it even dived on her, and jumped over the one that charged towards her on the ground. It turned around to get her, but she expected that and motioned two fingers upward without even looking back, summoning a barrier for it to crash into. By now she reached the Thunderbird and an impatient Luke yelled for her to pick up the pace. "I'm on it!" she yelled back.

She squatted and and smacked her palm on the sand, raising a platform made out of energy. As soon as she was high enough she stabbed an end of her staff on the Thunderbird's heart. It let out a loud squawk and simultaneously Cynthia let out her signature grunt. "Haaaaaaah!" In moments, a barrier protruding from the end of the staff extended and pierced through the bird's heart. Cynthia motioned her fingers downwards and the platform lowered. As soon as she got out of the way Luke released the freshly killed bird. It crashed onto the ground and a plume of sand blew past Cynthia. As soon as it cleared she boxed the Thunderbird in one of her barriers. "That'll save you from the buzzards..."

Caleb was right behind Luke, ready to help if needed. As Luke turned around to check on the others he fell on top of Caleb. "Who gave you the blasted idea that it was good to creep up behind people," shouted Luke. He got up and dust himself off. He loosened his scarf a bit a cursed under his breath. "It's so hot..." When Luke turned around there was a group of Harpies together. "Wouldn't you love some water right now?" said one of them in a sultry voice. Luke laughed, "Kehehe, you think you can tempt me?!" He then gathered his mental energy and frustration into his fist and sent the one who spoke flying. The others charged at him for vengeance, but he extended his hands and motioned them downwards, using his powers to smash them into the ground.

When Luke wasn't focusing, a small Pheonix flew past him, burning his shoulder. It then flew past him again and burned his cheek. "What the hell?" It then came back again and went straight for his gut, burning the previous wound he had. As it hit his stomach he reacted by grabbing the bird and throwing it with force into the ground, burning his hand in the process. Luke fell to his knees and held his stomach, trying to ease the pain. "Brought down by a tiny birdie, eh? Is that how a leader does it," he said in a soft voice coupled by heavy breathing. He took a deep breath and tried to calm down, except he couldn't. These burns tattered my clothes, left scars on me, and I even got scratches on me. I'm even sweating through all my clothes!

Luke had his eyes clothes and was getting madder and madder by the second. Before he knew it, the Harpies he never finished off grabbed him by the ankles and brought him down, ready to claw him. Luckily, he was saved by Caleb, who was still standing idly by. He drove two swords right through their bodies. "Heh, don't you think these swords are neat?" he said excitedly.

He never carried anything with him... Where the f*ck did he get those swords? thought Luke, with a puzzled look on his face the entire time.

(OOC: Tried to make an action-y post... came out crappy, but these guys are fairly easy, so have fun with that. Nobody summon Ra yet!)

[Not Made by Me]

SPIRIT HQ

Feli wondered what she did wrong to deserve such an awful day. First, the vampire barged into her room, clearly drunk and vomited right into her garbage can. Well, it was not as if Lucy saw her washing her hands clearly, or heard her shout in her sleep for the matter. Still, the vampire's presence irked her. And then, the interrogation. For absolutely no reason, she was summoned to Cynthia's office and grilled just because she apparently "did not have sufficient information". Did she know about privacy? Feli tried to answer as normally as she could, with her carefully-constructed answers. The presence of the younger guy in the room made her more nervous than she was though. She was let out in the end, but she had the feeling that the issue was far from over.

After the service was over, and the service happened to be a very emotional one for the blond guy named Luke, who actually bawled like a girl, much to Feli's amusement, Cynthia introduced them to a new member who called himself Caleb before assigning the team to their next mission, which happened to take place in the Sahara Desert. Almost 100 degrees, in bright almost-noon sunlight. In simpler terms, not the best time for Feli to shift unless she could come in close or it was absolutely necessary. She took a black hair ribbon and tied her blonde hair into a ponytail before checking her gun to make sure that it was loaded. Her bag had some more bullets, and her trusty pair of dice were also inside. Taking them, she rolled the cubes on the table. An 8, which meant that things could go either way this time around. Feli looked at the numbers, reconsidering her position, before giving up and pocketing them. She was going, alright. Anything was better than yet another opportunity for an interrogation.

Before she could set out for the teleporter however, she was dragged into the closet by the old doctor, Penner. He offered to do something that could permanently change her identity, wipe out all evidence of Felicja in her, so long as she managed to obtain something for him at the lab. She did not know whether to believe him or not. It seemed too good to be true, and there was always a catch to those deals, as she learned when she was still a teenager. He let her go to think about it, but Feli was adamant. Why drop the facade?

"Heh, as I said...I'm just a poor Italian bartender. I don't know why you're so adamant about me being...a criminal, just like how they think." She said, before leaving. On one hand, she could be saved by this. No more running away, no more hiding. But then, if she wasn't on her guard, she feared that worse things could happen.

Sahara Desert, Egypt

The sweltering heat beat down on Feli's back, almost too hot to take for someone who was used to the colder weather of Poland and by extension, Venice. She took off her cropped jacket and tied it around her hips, before taking out her gun and preparing it. As she followed the rest of the group, strange, flying creatures started dotting the skies, moving closer and closer. When Feli got a better look at them, she saw that the all looked different...and off. Some were flaming and red, others were yellow and large, still others were jet-black, among many other colors and looks. If these were what she was going to battle...

Damn, just damn...

She spotted a relatively small flying creature that looked part-rooster and part-dragon flying close within her range. A cockatrice, she recognized. Holding her gun up, she fired two shots, squinting as the sunlight impaired her aim quite a bit. The first bullet only managed to hit the lower part of its left wing, but the second one managed to find its target and hit the cockatrice straight in the chest. The dragon-bird staggered in mid-air, allowing Feli to shoot it one more time on its chest which allowed it to drop from its flight. Feli shielded her eyes as she looked out for more creatures that she could take on.
    Last edited by *Jean Grey*; 26th April 2013 at 12:10 PM.

| Lucian and Grimsley are mine. Touch and I will cut you. | That also applies to Houndoom. | Clock: Equal-To-Heaven |

OoC: Coincidentally I was going to include a Cockatrice in my next post. Ba kork.

Sahara Desert, Egypt

In a matter of seconds, the Stilton twins were seen riding on seperate, very reluctant Shantaks that struggled. By the way the Shantaks flew around and flapped their wings wildly, one could tell that the twins weren't exactly the best Shantak riders.
    They carefully grabbed and steered the Lovecraftian beings through their wings, smashing into other bird brains. Finally, the two Shantaks smashed into each other's heads, before the Stilton twins reunited in their back-to-back arm-crossing formation.

Just then, a pheonix burnt them down to their undergarments. "Oh come on, how many times must this happen," Colby sighed. Once again, Stella took out a couple sets of clothes from her pocket dimension, allowing tge twins to put them on. "Someone, somewhere, sees us as total jokes..." Stella frowned as she summoned her twin naginatas, allowing the pheonix to bite them both. The flaming feathered fiend swung her around, before releasing her, causing her to smash into a chicken-like creature with a dragon tail and a set of dragon wings.

As Stella fell again, Colby simply caught her in his arms, while the chicken-like being released a toxic gas, which obviously couldn't affect the twins.

"Cockatrice, huh? Sister, I've got an idea. Ready?" Colby said.
    "I'm definitely thinking what you're thinking," Stella spoke.

"Alice Synch - Purple Sword!" the twins shouted in unison as their respective purple eyes began to glow. They felt faster, because they were. Jumping from the backs of bird to bird while maintaining focus of the cockatrice, they gradually became stone. Just as their heads finally became stone, they took a big leap and tackled the chicken at high speeds. Their plan was successful and the cockatrice was knocked down, however, the Stilton twins were now completely stoned(no pun intended). Literally. The dynamic duo, now a matching pair of stone statues, fell to the ground, creating an impact on the sand. That was also when their glowing purple eyes gradually faded into the hue of stone.

OoC: Don't worry, they won't die that easily.
    Please help my dragons

Andrea Bellamy/Andy Stone
    SPIRIT HQ

After Andrea had finished freshening up, she went back into her room to relax for a bit. The second she lay down on the bed, Cynthia barged into the room, and gave her and some old guy a loud angry lecture. Andrea didn't say anything, even if it would be in character. Unlike an actual man, she knew better than to talk back to a pissed off woman. It probably wouldn't have worked out well for her if she did, and she might just be found out. She was still a little shocked that she'd get this upset. They've got plenty of members to deal with whatever it was. Must be something else going on. The two of them were punished, and forced to clean the bathrooms and cafeterias for the next three days.

The old man she was also yelling at also decided to mouth off, which as she expected, only pissed off the lady more. Then he turned his attention to Andrea, and tossed him a small box. "Pocket super vacuum, put this in the bathrooms, hopefully it doesnt pull down too much tile."

Andrea nodded, put the cube in her pocket, but said nothing. As soon as the lecture was over, Andrea went back to her room. "Elle est une salope." she muttered to herself as she jumped back into bed.

That Night

During the night, Andrea went to the bathroom to do the job she had been forced to do, lest she get into more trouble. She didn't bother putting her disguise on. It was so late at night, no one was going to be up to catch her anyway. She looked at the bathroom, and made a disgusted face. "Ugh, how does she possibly expect me to clean all this myself?" She then pulled out the box that the man had given her. "May as well try this thing out..." She pressed a button on the cube, and dropped it on the floor. Immediately, a large hole opened up on the top of the box, and it made a loud WHRRRR noise, just like a vacuum makes. Andrea had to put her hands over her ears because it was so loud. Dirt from all around the bathroom started getting sucked into the hole. After about a minute of that, the noise stopped, and the hole closed. When the process was complete, the bathroom was now sparkling clean.

Andrea looked around in amazement. "C'est magnifique!" She happily exclaimed at the now clean bathroom. "This thing will definitely come in handy later."

---

The Next Day

Thanks to that little device, Andrea managed to get the bathrooms clean in record time, and had managed to get some sleep. There was a funeral service early that morning for a couple of team members that had died on the job. It was more sad for the guy making the speech then it was for Andrea. It was still died that they died, especially the younger one, she didn't really know them all that well. She still kept quiet out of respect.

After that was over, the team went to the breifing room to get a new mission. Before that though, Cynthia introduced a new member of the team, a young man named Caleb. Andrea lowered her sunglasses, and smirked. "J'adore!" she muttered to herself. The guy was good-looking, with tan skin, dazzling eyes, a nice smile, and from the look of him good taste in clothes.

Her eyes followed him all the way back to his seat before she remembered that she was supposed to be Andrew right now, and Andrew was straight. She glared at the kid, adjusted her sunglasses, and turned her attention to the screen. Cynthia then gave them their mission. They were going to be fighting monster birds in Egypt. Andrea just shrugged her shoulders, Ra was a little intimidating sure, but a bunch of birds couldn't be that bad could they?

---

Egypt

Almost as soon as they arrived, they were ambushed by many birds. Immediately turning to Andrew mode, she stepped out in front. "Alright you birdbrains! You want a piece of me?! Well come get some!"

And for some reason, a Birdman decided to take her up on that offer. He had wings on his forearms, and was bird from the waist down, but the rest of him looked like a man. He'd actually be attractive if it weren't for the fact he was a monster. He got right into Andrea's face, and licked his lips. "With pleasure handsome." He then swooped up, and picked her up by the shoulders with his talons, and lifted her into the sky. "You and I are going to have so much fun together."

Great, I get the gay birdman... "HEY, PUT ME DOWN YOU...!" She looked down, and saw how far up she was. She was too far off the ground to create any crystals, and she certainly didn't want to fall from this height... "Ugh.."

---

Leo Silverstone

Leo was suddenly surrounded by a bunch of Harpies. He threw his arms up. "Aw come on guys, can't we all just get along?"

The one in front screeched, and slashed him in the chest with her talons. Luckily for him, he didn't get hurt. It only ripped open his shirt.

Leo sighed, "Yeah, they never agree." He jumped up in the air, and did a kick in the Harpie's face. "Yah!" Knocking the birdlady down. As he landed on the ground, he did a cartwheel, and got back to his feet. He ran away from the birds while tearing off his damaged shirt. "Guys, help would be nice right now!" The Harpies were on his tail, and there were too many for him to deal with alone.
    Last edited by Monster Guy; 29th April 2013 at 12:27 AM.
    Shiny Mega Gardevoir thinks his black dress is totally stylish. Shiny Mega Gallade wishes he looked that good. :P

RPer's profile, 3DS Friend Code, and Nintendo Network ID

Bruce Penner
    Egypt

It was hot, they weren't in a place where there was anything, and these creatures were beginning to come in. Many of the others had begun to do damage. Springing into action the only young people can. Penner was still intrigued by the twins. They were actually riding two of the birds. Don't young people have fear? Either way, Penner had to contribute this time, so he thought it time to test his cain's new mechinism.

He pulled off his hat and opened the top to reveal a control pannel looking similar to a keyboard, but with joint sticks. He pressed the large red button in the center, and suddenly, mechanical arms and legs sprouted from the cain. Penner gripped the cain once more as his eyes flashed white and the cain sprung to life much like the arm had previously.

Penner sat indian style and operated, using the keyboard to make the cain run awkwardly into the action with its mechanical legs. The first bird he saw was a thunderbird. Interesting. He my be able to harnis the power if he could weaken it enough if it wasn't a threat. He pressed another large button. The cain's cloaking device. As the bird swooped in Penner stabbed the joint stick and the cain leaped onto the bird. Penner's hands were all over the place as the cain began combat with the bird, throwing jabs and sending laser shocks into the birds flesh. Penner figured that from somebody elses view the bird was probably having a seizure. This wasn't exactly the fastes way to defeat these things, but he was working with whaat he had.

Luke Kendall
    Sahara Desert, Egypt

The new guy was still a complete mystery to Luke. It was only Cynthia who knew all of his info. He didn't get the chance to review his background or abilities because he was too busy recovering from the emotional speech he gave prior to the meeting. Despite earning Cynthia's trust and being allowed to stay on the team, Caleb gave Luke an uneasy feeling.

"I think you should do something about those scratches. The sand might sting once it gets in," said Caleb as he smiled and extended a hand to Luke. Luke just waved it off and proceeded to take out a first-aid kit from his pack. He grabbed a bottle of "Bandage in a Bottle" and sprayed it all over the wounds on his legs. If only they had a wash like this to block off any f***ing germs. That'd be bloody perfect.

As soon as Luke stood up he frantically pat his body to remove all grains of sand, but it was impossible for him and he was only infuriated the more he tried. You could feel the pressure of his energy emanating from him, and he surveyed the area for a target. Everyone seemed to be occupied, but he caught two members in trouble, Andrew and Halt. "Aw shit, he's being taken away, and he's being ambushed!"

"I'll save the guy being flown off, you get to that flock, quick!" ordered Caleb, actually telling Luke what to do. Luke clenched his teeth and ran off, muttering curses under his breath until he reached Halt, who was shooting off multiple birds with such force. Luke made his entrance by lifting up grains of sand in a small cloud and spreading it in the air, clouding up the vision of the various birds. He then joined in with Halt and prepared to help in any way he could. "You got yourself into a predicament, eh?"

-------------------------

Caleb rushed to where Andrew was being carried off. He could hear, "HEY, PUT ME DOWN YOU...!" coming from Andrew in the distance. They were high in the air now and Caleb did not look like he had wings on him. What could he do?

"Stairs," he said to himself, snapping his fingers as soon as he finished. The sand stirred beneath him and steps began to jut out from underneath, extending and extending as it chased the bird man. Caleb dashed up the steps and once he reached the end to where the bird man was he jumped and kicked it square in the face. This prompted the bird man to let go of Andrew and left him falling, but Caleb caught him mid-air and held him as they fell. The bird man himself was spiraling down in a daze.

"You should be more alert, mate," said Caleb, ending with a wink. "Giant Pillow," he then said, snapping once he's said it, just like before. Right underneath them a giant pillow began to materialize and they landed safely on it. Shortly, there was another crash in the sand and it was the bird man. He did not take the fall well, and no one should ever see what a twisted and crushed bird man looks like.

"Wow, sucks for him. By the way, I'm Caleb, if you didn't remember," he put out his hand to shake, "Nice to meet you," he said with a smile.

Cynthia Viridian
    Sahara Desert, Egypt

Cynthia was on her own, combating all sorts of birds and trapping others. The amount of birds that gathered was abnormal, even when the world itself was run amuck by all sorts of creatures. The gathering seemed strange and she knew something was up.

She was far off from most of the group and started to worry about the others. She began to dash towards the group when she felt a strong, ominous presence.

It was Ra.

"You dare come challenge a god like myself? That's amusing. I like watching you guys struggle like worms," said the Sun god, with a booming voice. Cynthia's knees buckled. She took a deep gulp and straightened her stance.

"Ha! This one thinks she can stand up to me? Ha ha!"

She stared up at the god. He was huge, and had the body of a human with a bird's head. His body happened to be ripped, and he held a long solid gold cane. He was adorned by all sorts of jewelry, and bandage from the waist down. He had the intimidating eyes of an eagle and Cynthia was nervous just to be in the same vicinity.

"So you're the Ra that's always been mentioned in Egyptian mythology, huh? I expected more, but you do have a cute pigeon face," she said in a cocky tone.

'Foolish! You dare taunt a god like I? You really want to die don't you? I'll grant you that wish then!" He raised his arms up and the sun began to shine on him, and only him. The wind kicked up and blew past Cynthia, who had to shelter her eyes from the airborne sand.

From the dust Ra appeared and prepared to punch but she was able to sense his presence and prepared a barrier in the nick of time. He smashed it, but Cynthia was able to evade before he got through. He appeared in front of her almost instantaneously with such speed and punched her with great force. She was sent flying, tumbling across the landscape and twisting and turning before impacting a rock.

If she hadn't prepared a quick barrier before the hit she wouldn't have survived. She stood and held her sides, covering her mouth with her palm and coughed up blood into it.

"Is that the best you could do," she said weakly. Amari could do better...

The punch really did some damage. She was bruised everywhere, possibly broken in some places, and was even brought closer to the others. She looked around for some help, she'll die if she continued alone.

She fell to her knees and rested for a second, forming a hand in her signature two-finger-pose and concentrating her energy to form a stronger barrier. She boxed herself in and saw Ra walking slowly towards her.

Crap...

[Not Made by Me]

Halt Jones
    Sahara Desert

Well. This was going to get hot. Halt snickered at his own mental pun as he joined the others a little late into the portal. The vampire girl hadn't reacted to his gift of a wide brimed gothic veiled hat, but he guessed she had bigger issues, like her inability to survive in sunlight. Eh, hopefully she'll like the hat at least. He got it off a Naga, a mean one, from her tunnel system. Freakin witch was luring men into her chamber for food and--"SKREE" cried one of the birds, a small roc, the size of a SUV, as it flew down at Halt. He scofted.

"I'm daydreaming here, piss off!" he snapped, and drew the shiny pistol. He fired a shot off, and to bore straight through it's eye. The bird crashed to his right, nearly landing on him. "And you have the gall to try and fall on me? Well aren't you a pesky dead one" Halt scolded to the corpse, and reloaded the gun, replacing the bullet he had used. He gave a quick look around, but didn't notice wolfy right away. Wait, was that her shooting a cockatrice? Halt squited, cursing the light, and ran over to her. Holding a hand up to cover his eyes, he handed her the pistol. "Here" he said, giving a small smile "The gun I told you about. You're paying for drinks for the next week though" he taunted. "Just find me if you need more ammo, the shots are in my back pocket of this belt." With that, Halt took off for more mooks to shot with his shotgun, loaded and ready to fire. As he looked, he noticed Cyntheia against a rock, facing...RA?! Halt gasped, but shook it off. She looked hurt, and she needed help. Now.

Halt ran forward, and rolled along the sand, standing into a crouch with the soul gauge pellets loaded. He fired the two in the gun at the same time at Ra's torso, before backpedeling to Cynthia. He offered an arm for her to use to prop herself up. He knew he had no chance alone, even with Cynthia, but he had hoped that he could buy enough time to get her out of the operation. "Come on Ra, you're a god! Leave the poor woman alone!" Halt challenged the god. "You're a goddamn idiot Halt, and you're going to die for it" he angerly thought.

Future Projects:

Bruce Penner
    The Saraha and Junk

The bird finally fell at the mechanical hands of Penners cain. He patiantly approached the bird and set to work on obtaining energy from the bird. His eyes began to glow white and give on a glare of power, his cain did the same, with this amount of energy he was capable of doing a lot more than one bird at a time, if only he could find more.

He nearly finished draining the bird when he heard a shreak. Cynthia appeared to be attacked by a standing figure. She appeared heavily injured. The young man with the many weapons had quickly joined to try and help but both were threatened by the large figure. He put on his monicle and did a scan as he was already up and moving.

Human hybridoid identified, clear physical ability, un matched human strength, lack for basic life necessities, contains mythilogical properties....The creature has been identified as Ra

Penners stomach sank, this creature was a god, there would be almost no hope for any of them if any iterature he read on Ra was accurate. He would be nearly useless in this enviroment as well. Penner remembered why he was here. He needed these people, and he needed to live just a few weeks more. Ehh, helping these people would be nice too. He looked at his still glowing hands. He was just going to have to buy some time. Suddenly he finally got some good news, the monicle read one last piece of information

Cain Identified as 100% Gold, powered by Ra's magic.

Gold, it was metal

Penner took his cain and began to run towards them. If people weren't sure whether he could walk or not before, they were sure now.

He put his hand forward as Ra raised his staff. Suddenly the staff glowed white before he could bring it down on Penner's two comrads. He was clearly struggling with it, his arm flexing. He couldn't understand what was going on until he turned to see Penner.

His eyes were glowing white, utilizing all of his power he could. He was groaning and sweating alot as he fought Ra for the staff. Finally, using the power he gained from the thunder bird, he used his power to send the staff away in the distance.

"All of you are foolish!" The god growled as he approached Penner. Hand to hand combat would be trouble for Penner, but he had his cain and put it to good use as he came face to face with a god.

Ra shot a fist forward which met Penners cain, he pressed a button and the cain fanned out into a shield. Penner knew the cain was indestructable, so he relied on it, Dodging and deflecting hits from Ra. The god wouldn't let up, Penner knew in the back of his mind that the only reason he had lasted in a fight this ling was because of the power he had gotten from the Thunderbird. Even now he felt his energy draining. He pulled the cain down and flicked a switch that made a high pitched noise. He thrust his cain into the heart of Ra just as it became electrically charged. Ra growled in pain, but to Penners misery recovered quickly. That was the last bit of his power. He couldn't pull his cain up fast enough as Ra gripped Penners neck with a mighty hand and lifted him up as Penner's cain fell to the ground. Penner felt Ra squeeze. He started gagging. Penner was going to be killed by Ra here and now.

Inside some odd inter-mind dimension thing where their souls lie.

"Sister, are we dead?" Stella questioned. She could see not a thing.
    "We must as well be. I mean, we're petrified in stone. But look on the bright side, we've suffered worse. A lot worse. I'm sure this won't be our last time suffering. Hopefully..." Colby replied. He too, could not see a thing in the dark void.
    "Well, it would be a great thing to end all this suffering, wouldn't it?"
    "No, not yet. We are still young. We are the only potential future-heads of the Stiltons. Our allies need us. We can't die yet," Colby replied, "no, we have to live..."

The Stiltons then felt something odd. It seemed to come from the outside world.
    "Our bodies are still linked. This is the power of a god," Colby spoke.
    "Nyarlathotep?" Stella questioned.
    "No, I believe it is likely to be Ra. All Egyptian Gods have a balance. The good, and the bad. However, I don't know if this guy has a single ounce of good in him.
    "Egyptian, eh? I always wanted to face one..." Stella spoke.

"AUUUGGGHH!"

Both of them screamed in unison, revealing pain and anguish. Then, they spoke no more

---

Sahara Desert, Egypt

"Oh, what have we here?"

The great Ra fought the puny bugs before venturing upon a work of art by his fine-feathered friends. While still squeezing the doctor, the bird-faced diety gazed upon the twins, petrified by his minions. He took a big leap before crushing the matching pair of stone statues into smithereens with his feet. Apart from some debris, there were a pair of gold-hued hearts. Ra proceeded to pick up the pair of hearts with his hands, attempting to bite them, but failing in the process. Not a scratch was seen on those pair of gold hearts. With that, he simply pocketed the hearts with his other treasures and continued his battle with the team.
    Please help my dragons

Luke Kendall
    Sahara Desert, Egypt

Luke was helping Halt duke it out with the flock of feathered beasts when they both heard a loud crash. In the distance Luke could see a plume of sand rising and upon closer inspection he could make out that is was Cynthia, and she was hurt.

"Fuck, this isn't good. We've got to help her out!" He held out his hands and brought the surrounding birds to the ground. He pushed harder and kept the pressure going. "You get to her," he told Halt, "I'll try and finish it up here as soon as I can."

Cynthia Viridian
    Sahara Desert, Egypt

Cynthia was kneeling on the ground and panting. She had blood coming out of the various bruises and cuts that covered her body. Ra was walking closer, and she knew that the barrier she prepared wouldn't be enough.

He was getting closer when two bullets went through him. They looked powerful and nudged him back with each hit, but he didn't react to it. Halt then appeared next to her, crouched down. She was glad someone came to help, but she wasn't so sure that they would be able to go against a god themselves. The wounds from the shots were now gone. He had regeneration, and it was quick.

"Ha! You were really foolish enough to think that these puny pellets would work against me? Ha! You guys get stupider by the minute!"

Cynthia was furious. She couldn't stand his attitude. He continued walking forward when Halt shouted, "Come on Ra, you're a god! Leave the poor woman alone!"

Cynthia looked at Halt, shocked. Her comrade is protecting her when it should be the other way around. She stood up, as beaten as she is, and brought her barrier down. As confident as she could she said, "It's okay, I'm not just some 'poor woman' that needs saving. I'm Cynthia Viridian, co-leader of the elite team," she turned to Halt and gave a weak smile, "Thanks."

"Boost of confidence, huh? That won't be enough to go against me!"

Cynthia straightened her stance and held her staff in both hands. Suddenly, Dr. Penner- of all people- ran towards the god. He went head to head with him until he was caught in his grip. He was being squeezed to death, but Cynthia knew she would not let a comrade fall, ever. Despite her dislike for Penner, due to his insubordination, she sent a barrier through the god's hand.

SKWAAW! he shouted as he let go of Penner. Cynthia had a small platform formed underneath him and caught him, bringing him over with it. "Didn't expect someone like you to do that," she said with a teasing tone. She grabbed her side in pain. She could feel a broken rib, maybe two.

"Guys, I can't move. I can only support from here on out. It's just going to be us, so we fight back until the others arrive."

"The old guy doesn't seem to be in shape, I'll go," said Halt. He went rushing towards Ra, who prepared a punch, but he dodged by rolling to the side. He then shot one of his soul guage bullets and it went straight through Ra's eye.

"I've had it with you insolent brats! Away with ye!" He covered his recovering eye and swat his hand to hit Halt. Cynthia, staying true to her promise, prepared a barrier just before Halt could get hit. It was enough for him to move out of the way and to take another shot, right on the hand covering his recovering eye. Halt chuckled.

Unfortunately, no one was able to catch Ra with his speed. One second he was in sight, and in the next he was right in front of Halt. He gave him the swat he's been meaning to and knocked him far back.

"Halt!" Cynthia couldn't tell whether he was down for the count or still alive, the distance he was knocked away made it hard for her to determine his condition.

Ra was out of sight and nowhere to be found now. Cynthia still couldn't move and had to leave Halt alone, much to her dismay. Fortunately, Andrew and Caleb arrived at this time.

"Quick Caleb, go to Halt and make sure he's fine," Cynthia hands him her pack with with the medical supplies in them, "Make sure he's alright!"

She turned to Andrew, "Ra appeared, so we have to stay alert," a gush of wind blew, "Speaking of the devil..."

Ra was back, and he tried to bite into something gold. Cynthia couldn't tell what it was, and it bothered her.

"Those petrified friends of yours aren't even a meal. Bah!"

"What are you talking about?"

"Those two girls, they were turned to stone by my minions. I crushed them, cause hey, why not? They actually had golden hearts, thought they would make a good meal, but they're too hard! No one appreciates me..."

He crossed the line. Cynthia and Luke made it a point already that they would not let another comrade fall. Now it seemed like they let two go.

This time Cynthia kept her cool. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. She was tearing up, but was not sobbing.

"Andrew, let's go."

"B-but, your body..."

"I said let's go."

------------------------

HIIIIIIYAAAAAA!

From the sky came Lucy, with a drop kick to Ra's head. Due to her strength he actually doubled over.

"Where's the stinky dog? I don't see her doing anything!" Lucy didn't seem to be in any pain from the sun. The veil and sun block must have been working.

Shortly after, Feliciana, Leo and Luke arrived. Feliciana made a nasty remark to what Lucy said. Luke looked at the tattered Cynthia and asked, "What's the situation here?"

"I'll tell you later, now we have to stop this mad god. Looks like the rest of the group's here... Let's go!"

A gale of scorching wind blew across the desert.

"Now you will witness the power of a true god."

[Not Made by Me]

Halt Jones
    Sahara Desert

Cynthia looked at Halt, shocked. Her comrade is protecting her when it should be the other way around. She stood up, as beaten as she is, and brought her barrier down. As confident as she could she said, "It's okay, I'm not just some 'poor woman' that needs saving. I'm Cynthia Viridian, co-leader of the elite team," she turned to Halt and gave a weak smile, "Thanks."

Halt returned the smile quickly. "Leader's need support too. Otherwsie, they're not leaders" he said with the smile, before returning to Ra. Now he was mad. Sure he poached animals and mythical creatures for a living, which was illegal, but he had standerds. Attacking a woman is below scum. Especciely if she's wounded. He reloaded, and prepared to continue.

"Boost of confidence, huh? That won't be enough to go against me!" snarled (or squaked) the god.

Before Halt had a chance to counter, the old man ran in with his staff to fight the god. However, despite his techniological cain, which was awesome to look at and see, the god still had the upper hand, and the old man was held at the god's mercy. until Cynthia fought back, using a barrier to stab the god's hand. Halt smiled, and rolled his shoulders, ready for this. "The old guy doesn't seem to be in shape, I'll go," said Halt. He went rushing towards Ra, who prepared a punch, but he dodged by rolling to the side. He then shot one of his soul guage bullets and it went straight through Ra's eye. Despite fighting so close to Ra, Halt was doing his best not to use his dagger. He needed to observe and mermorize the god's fighting style.

"I've had it with you insolent brats! Away with ye!" He covered his recovering eye and swat his hand to hit Halt. Cynthia, staying true to her promise, prepared a barrier just before Halt could get hit. It was enough for him to move out of the way and to take another shot, right on the hand covering his recovering eye. Halt chuckled. This was going to be eas--

*WHAM* the god's speed comepletely caught Halt off guard, and he went off in a different direction from the single punch. A surge of pain, which had the byproduct of pleasure, tore through the left side of his face. He landed heavily into a patch of sand, knocking the wind out of him. He heard Cynthia shout his name, but he couldn't tell from where right away. He laid down for a few moment, trying to feel what got broken. His occipital bone, a few teeth, maybe his jaw, and a fracture, a small one, on his head. Not good. He tried to stand, but fell back, dizzy. He heard the new guy near him, holding supplies. "What's broken?" he asked "Are you okay?"

"I got punched by a goddamn god, I have broken bones" Halt grumbled, and tried to stand again. He manged to get to a full upright position this time, and looked over to see how things might be going. It looked like the twins were...dead. Well crap. Halt rolled his shoulders, and flinched in pain as he felt something twitch in his shoulder socket. "Damn it....I think my collarbone is broken too..." he snarled. "That doesn't matter. Get those supplies to Cynthia, now. She needs them more than I do" he ordered, before trying to move towards the god, as the hot breeze began to blow. He felt a little unsteady, but that was a good thing. He had a small idea of what stance he should use to minimize damage from the god. With the idea set, Halt made his way for the god.

"Birdbrain! Heads up!" Halt shouted, and threw his knife, aiming for Ra's other eye. It missed, which he expected, and it served to get his attention. Halt wobbled, and as he predicted, he got hit in the side by a sudden Ra speed. Rolling with the punch and the wobble, Halt rolled, and kicked the god hard in the back of the knee. It didn't do much, which Halt did not expected, and Ra stomped. Halt bit his lip hard to stop himself from reacting to the bone crunching impact on his knee. Using his good leg, he jumped up, and grabbed a hold of Ra's left arm. He snaked his own arm around it, grabbing the god's left bicep from behind, with the rest of his arm over the god's arm. With a flick of his fingers, Halt had his knife come back, and with a might shove, buried the length of the blade into Ra's left shoulder. Just as Ra began an expected rant or insult, Halt made on of the stupidest moves he could have made in the situation. He shoved his right hand into the god's mouth. Ra looked caught of guard, but began to beat into Halt with his right hand. "Argh" Halt said out of impact. A few ribs broke, then he felt one or two impacts into his organs. He held on though, trying to keep the god still. "NOW! WHILE I STILL HAVE HIM!" Halt shouted to the others.

Future Projects:

Sahara Desert, Egypt

"Now you will witness the power of a true god."

Feli glared at Lucy, before flipping the bird at her. Seriously, it was difficult to battle in broad daylight when one's stronger form was more effective at night. Sure, Ra was on the ground unlike the other birds. Feli had no way of telling however if the god was capable of going all bird on her.

She saw Halt as he confronted Ra and shoved his hand into the god's mouth, both of them on the ground. She rolled her eyes as Ra started beating him up, thinking of how stupid the move was, until Halt shouted something out.

"NOW! WHILE I STILL HAVE HIM!" He yelled, which quickly changed Feli's views. Ra was facing forward, so she could probably attack from behind. Grinning at the new opening, she tucked her pistol back into her bag as she started moving into a position where she could charge and shift from behind Ra, without being detected. Quietly, she ran until she found herself directly behind Ra's back. Unless her usual bad luck dictated that Ra had eyes at the back of his head, she felt like she could do this.

She gave a discreet thumbs-up sign to Halt and mouthing that she was ready, before preparing herself. She ran towards them, going faster until she jumped into the air, allowing her body to shift from human to beast, which extended the distance of her jump, and landed squarely on Ra's back. She opened her jaws, ready to attack.

Ra quickly turned to face backwards, which prompted Feli to sink her fangs into the human skin of his back and ripped off a ribbon of flesh. The god still had one good arm though. His attention diverted, he then used his right arm to punch Feli swiftly. The skin on his back healed rather quickly, which made her heart sink. Was he really so invincible? Pushing her head down once again in order to avoid getting hit where she did not want to, she tore off more chunks of flesh on Ra's back with her canines, not big ones, but doing so fast enough, hoping the pain was enough to distract Ra from everyone else and maybe, weaken him a little.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast