Thread: GBA Game Battery

Arrow GBA Game Battery

I've just starting playing my pokemon emerald again of late, and whenever I turn on the game, I receive the message "The internal game battery has run dry. The game can still be played, but clock-based events will no longer occur."

Before you ask, no, the cartridge is not, I repeat, not counterfeit. I bought it new at GameStop, and pre-ordered it, to boot.

I can still save, and the game plays fine, but I'm assuming that daily / time based occurrences such as berry growing won't happen anymore.

Any possible way to recharge or change the battery? Thanks.
    I have claimed Alduin, the mighty dragon! He shall one day return to bring forth the end of time, and fulfill the prophecy of the world eater.

There should be, but there's no official way of doing it. Just look up a guide on WikiHow if there is one, or a similar website and be careful; you might ruin your game altogether, so be prepared for that. Try to stay away from YouTube video tutorials as they always tend to be rushed, in my experience of them.

I exchanged my battery on my Gold cartridge, and I'm pretty sure it would be similliar on a GBA cart. I don't know what battery is needed though, but I think it wouldn't cost more than $3. You have the choice of either molding the new battery in or just adding some plain tape, I strongly recommend the latter. Incase you need to change it again it will be even harder to get that new molding loose and you might spill liquid metal on something while you're molding. Tape is enough, the screws keeps the cartridge tight enough to keep the battery in place.

I don't have a specific guide but I think this might give you an idea of how it will work: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dh9e3_hrTVc
    Even though the video description says it's how GBA games work.

My FC (Y): 3995-6945-2972 (Fairy) ||Banner Credit to Sworn Metalhead!
    Trainer's Card ||
    http://9gag.com/chrysaries || Pokememes/Memebase||Battle FC: 3182 4147 0411
    Quote Originally Posted by 0LdSk00lMew View Post
    I'm not going to lie you have the best stuff around xD

You can't recharge internal battery, but you can change it.

Sadly, Nintendo can't repair the battery nowadays as it involves a past system that's not their no. 1 priority anymore, so you are on your own unless you want to upgrade(or buy newer pokemon games) and leave your emerald pokemon, if any are left, to rot... As for finding the battery itself, good luck trying to find a new(un-refurbished) battery that may or may not be actively manufactured now, as if they had quit making new versions of the battery, just like the G/S/C game battery some time back, it's now hard to find in today's market, unlike the market back when the GBA was at its prime...
    Last edited by gregjammer; 26th February 2013 at 1:51 AM.
    My D/P FC: 4255-0421-2254
    My Pt FC: 2450-0507-5436(old)
    My HG FC:3524-8966-7093(old)
    My black FC: 0691-4324-8351
    My black 2 FC: 3440-0907-8860
    My Y FC: 4038-6458-7352

This happens to everyones. I don't think that there is a way to fix it, but it even happened to my Ruby version which my Grandpa bought for me about a week after it came out from Toy's R Us. I doubt your game is a counterfeit.

Zouraruler you can actually fix it but it requires the cart to be opened to remove the old battery and solder in a new one

^done by Katsu Koneko doesnt this sig look cute
    If you think Dawn is cute, copy and paste THIS into your sig.(started by shiningsloth13)if you think dawn is hot, copy and paste this into your sig(started by empoleon49)<not IF its IS