Thread: Special XD Moves

Default Special XD Moves

Every Shadow Pokemon you capture from XD learns a special move it cannot normally know. Which one is your favorite?

Some of my favorites include Baton Pass Hypno and Tri Attack Togepi. These moves are pretty cool and unique.

I like any with Baton Pass because of it's usefulness if you play it right, but I have to say I kind of like Snorlax with Fissure, haha.
    Last edited by Chriiis; 19th February 2013 at 3:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chriiis View Post
    I like any with Baton Pass because of it's usefulness if you play it right, but I have to say I kind of like Snorlax with Fissure, haha.
    Haha I do like the Snorlax too. Fissure was a pretty awesome move to get from purifying it =P

While the "new" moves the pokemon can have are cool, I actually like more how shadow pokemon often have rare tm (and all the 3rd gen tms aren't in the game) and move tutor moves like dig, brick break, surf, earthquake, sky attack, ariel ace, thunderbolt etc that would be harder to get (if not impossible in XD) otherwise. Often the pokemon know moves they normally wouldn't know until a much higher level! Of course on the other hand XD actually does remove some moves from pokemon's movesets, for example in firered and emerald, dewgong has signal beam as a "level one" move. But not according to the XD guidebook (unless its wrong lol). That isn't great, but overall I still like the moveset changes.
    Last edited by Pikafleg; 20th February 2013 at 8:51 PM.
    Hi I am back and hopefully really will be active again! LOVING XY so much but there really isn't even a point of saying I love it since it is just....arceus. Yeah. Anyways, my 3DS friend code is 0688 5572 5678 if anyone wants to battle or register me!
    Friend Safari: Slugma, Growlithe, Braixen

My favourite would probably be Baton Pass because being able to pass stat boosts can be very useful.
    I also like Heal Bell. I used the Heal Bell Altaria and liked it a lot.

I found Helping Hand to be quite useful on some Pokemon. Morning Sun was also useful for healing. But the ones I liked the most were the special moves the legendaries got, like Psycho Boost for Lugia and Extrasensory for the Bird Trio.
    This is the future we made for ourselves
    But is it really the dream we wanted to live in?

The present has to be treated as precious
    Or we will regret it when it has become the past...

Psycho Boost, Feather Dance Lugia for sure. Feather Dance made Lugia a physically defensive wrecking machine in Orre Colosseum. I liked Tri Attack Togepi but since You can use Hyper VOice as a special attack normal move for Togekiss now it dropped down in the list.

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Quote Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post
    Psycho Boost, Feather Dance Lugia for sure. Feather Dance made Lugia a physically defensive wrecking machine in Orre Colosseum.
    Haha, I totally loved Featherdance as well, it made Lugia even more of a wall.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayce View Post
    Haha, I totally loved Featherdance as well, it made Lugia even more of a wall.
    You want a wall, how about aggron (which is fairly easily obtainable in xd)! And to not go off topic, I think it's cool how like 30 shadow pokemon get the move refresh, which is pretty useful...although then again, perhaps wasting some money is worth the extra slot , idk...
    Hi I am back and hopefully really will be active again! LOVING XY so much but there really isn't even a point of saying I love it since it is just....arceus. Yeah. Anyways, my 3DS friend code is 0688 5572 5678 if anyone wants to battle or register me!
    Friend Safari: Slugma, Growlithe, Braixen

Quote Originally Posted by Pikafleg View Post
    You want a wall, how about aggron (which is fairly easily obtainable in xd)! And to not go off topic, I think it's cool how like 30 shadow pokemon get the move refresh, which is pretty useful...although then again, perhaps wasting some money is worth the extra slot , idk...
    Aggron's a good Physical wall too. I just liked using Shadows to wall other shadows :3. Eh, on some walls who can afford the extra turn to heal status, it's useful. But I liked Heal Bell better since it would heal your entire team as well. :L

I like Morning Sun on both Moltres and Scyther. After transferring it to Gen 5 Roost may be the better option but keep MS on them none the less.
    N3DS FC: 1220-6591-9030
    Fairy Safari: Togepi, Spritzee, Clefairy
    Dedicated Pokemon breeder with access to bank balls, egg moves, and move tutors! Often replay older titles so if you're hunting for Gen 1-5 legendaries I most likely have them!

Baton Pass Zapdos cause it was nifty

"i unno man im just a pawniard"

vvv Lookie
    VO Clan/VO Xat/VO Battle Spreadsheet

the "shadow moves" were awesome