98. You may not vote on this poll
  • Xerneas

45 45.92%
  • Yveltal

53 54.08%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Yveltal or Xerneas

Quote Originally Posted by wobbanut View Post
    As a deer lover, I'm excited by the aurochs Xerneas. That thing looks AWESOME. I'm a bird lover too (ironic that gen 6 hit upon my two favorite kinds of animals for legendaries), but Yveltal just doesn't interest me. If anything, I'm curious how the heck they'll pronounce it. It looks like the biggest mouthful of a name outside of alomomola (which it took me over a year to even spell right).
    I think it's pronounced ee-VEL-tall or something close. I kinda wish they had gone with easier names. I understand the whole X and Y initials and all but I wouldn't have been too upset with Wyveltal so it's much more obvious in pronunciation.

On topic, Xerneas is my pick. Badass design.

I just noticed that I usually pick the blue option. Blue, Sapphire, Diamond, X, etc. That's weird.

Quote Originally Posted by wobbanut View Post
    As a deer lover, I'm excited by the aurochs Xerneas. That thing looks AWESOME. I'm a bird lover too (ironic that gen 6 hit upon my two favorite kinds of animals for legendaries), but Yveltal just doesn't interest me. If anything, I'm curious how the heck they'll pronounce it. It looks like the biggest mouthful of a name outside of alomomola (which it took me over a year to even spell right).
    Yveltal is ee-VEL-tall and Xerneas is ZUR-nee-us. I think.

My favorite of the two is Xerneas. I don't know why, I just like it better, I guess.
    I treat my Pokemon like family. Copy and Paste this in your sig if you do too. Started by legolover8.

The results are final. Yveltal wins by an 8 point margin! Must say, I'm happy with the results, as I like Yveltal more than Xerneas unquestionably, but not to the point where I'd want him to blow Xerneas out of the water in this poll.

So, even though the poll is closed, feel free to continue the discussion.
    I can smell u

On one hand, it's refreshing to see that I'll be picking the less popular of the two versions. Not to sound hipster, but I hate it when someone thinks I'm "just going with the crowd." Same reason why I'm glad that my favorite starter, Froakie, seems to be the least popular.

Anyway, as implied, Xerneas. I don't find Yveltal appealing to the eyes in any way. It's like a red Lugia with half of its body missing. I don't like the way his wings fold, I don't like the Aipom thing his tail's doing, and he just doesn't strike me as being "Legendary." I can just as easily see him being a normal Pokemon.

Xerneas, on the other hand, seems more majestic and mysterious. It's the kind of Pokemon that would strike more awe to find, earning it the upper hand in terms of being "Legendary," in my eyes. I've always liked Pokemon that serve as a sort of guardian or spirit, and Xerneas strikes me as a "Guardian of the Forest," but in a more "He'll still ram his horn up your ***" way than, say, Celebi does.
        Spoiler:- My Blog and Friend Codes:
    My Shinies:

Xerneas all day. Love its horns and its weirdly cool legs/feet...hoofs? lol don't know what to call them...

I like Xerneas more, it just has that...thing. That makes it a legendary. Too many people love Yvetal, it's like another Snivy (line)/Fennekin. What's so special about it anyway? That it has blue eyes and is supposedly blind? That it's a wyvern? It looks awkward. Not remotely like it could be. If they are based around Norse mythology, then man, they need a better design for it.

Quote Originally Posted by charizard:Luvr View Post
    Yveltal is said to be based on the mythical snake-like dragon creature called Wavern. I did some research on this & it is that a Wavern can either breathe fire or have a highly poisonous bite but not both at the same time. So i have come to the conclusion that Yveltal might be Poison/Dragon!!!!!! How cool is that :O :O
    What's a wavern? I know not what a "wavern"is. A wave plus a rn? As far as I see (or Google sees), wavern is a Bakumon.

It's called a wyvern, for future reference.

I prefer Xerneas... I like its design and colours more.

“May the stars shine down on you.” - tumblr
    - i've claimed zelos wilder and tales of the abyss

Xerneas up to now. It looks much cooler imo. Plus, it is blue =p and I like blue. I dont think it is water type though.

I prefer Yveltal, I always preferred more evil looking things for some reason. I would've liked Xerneas more if there wasn't so many deer Pokemon last Gen.
    Last edited by DarkSword39; 10th April 2013 at 11:34 PM. Reason: Grammar
    *Insert Some Cool Image Here*

I love Xerneas, there's just something cool and majestic about it.

XERNEAS by a long shot it's a fary type legandary!
    yvetal it's just a mandibuzz or something
    Im also administrator of www.creatorcraftserver.weebly.com and www.creatorcraft.createaforum.comCreatorcraft is still under updates, but you may see it or join our Creatorcraft forums

Wink

XERNEAS by a long shot it's a fary type legandary!
    yvetal it's just a mandibuzz or something

Im also administrator of www.creatorcraftserver.weebly.com and www.creatorcraft.createaforum.comCreatorcraft is still under updates, but you may see it or join our Creatorcraft forums

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123