Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: April Plot Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    ^And who says Iris needs to become the champion in PokeSpe? Are we forgetting what Manga reading?
    Generally, PokeSpe follows the games' storylines; Iris becoming Champion and defeating Alder was part of that storyline, in the transition from BW to BW2. Personally, I have enough faith in Kusaka's writing that he'll make something decent happen with it. Remember when everyone boggled over Wallace becoming the Champion over Steven when Emerald came out?

SHINY RAINBOWS BECKON YOU TO THE ARTIST'S CORNER

Trainer Name: Misha
    3DS FC: 5112-3720-5938
    Friend Safari: Fighting; Pancham, Machoke, Hariyama

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserin View Post
    Generally, PokeSpe follows the games' storylines; Iris becoming Champion and defeating Alder was part of that storyline, in the transition from BW to BW2. Personally, I have enough faith in Kusaka's writing that he'll make something decent happen with it. Remember when everyone boggled over Wallace becoming the Champion over Steven when Emerald came out?
    True but I don't remember Team Rocket taking over the Johto League in the games.

All I'm saying is that it wouldn't blow me away if he made such a change.

True but I don't remember Team Rocket taking over the Johto League in the games.

All I'm saying is that it wouldn't blow me away if he made such a change.
    Starting with R/S he stuck more with the game storyline. The plots from RGBY and GSC deviated from the games quite a bit, but there hasn't been any wild changes to the plot since...

Netkun updated...........!

Volume 44's cover is revealed!

Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post

Not bad, a bit on the blurry side. But the cover is still cool.

Epic manly tears, N.

I knew N would make a cover. If Cynthia did, then surely N would. I don't know. This cover doesn't look as nice as Volume 43's to me anyway. Still nice and it's White's official full volume cover appearance with Bubu-Chan/Gigi. I almost forgot the piece of bacon was her's at one point. When this is all over White should eat it. That will teach the porker to bite the hand that feeds you, Jk :P
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Okay...PokeSpecial N is kinda starting to freak me out.

Quote Originally Posted by Macromind101 View Post
    Okay...PokeSpecial N is kinda starting to freak me out.
    Now he is?

I wonder why N's eyes are yellow. I remember someone asking Kusaka (or Yamamoto) about it and they said it was gray-colored.

Wait....don't Yellow's eyes become yellow when she uses her powers?

Now he is?
    In fact, this is also in content, when he saw Black met White.

i wonder why n's eyes are yellow. I remember someone asking kusaka (or yamamoto) about it and they said it was gray-colored.

Wait....don't yellow's eyes become yellow when she uses her powers?

o.o I knew it!!!

And so it begins. The theory of N's origins...Virdian, why are you so important? By the way, Yellow looks so awesome in that scene.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

I thought Viridian's first importance was high-level pokemon due to Team Rocket secretly experimenting with genetically altering pokemon there, leading in part to the research with Mewtwo. Then apparently the manga decided to make Viridian-powers the explanation for why Yellow does what she does, then do a, "OMG, ME TOO" with Lance at the end of the Yellow Saga.

I wonder why N's eyes are yellow. I remember someone asking Kusaka (or Yamamoto) about it and they said it was gray-colored.

Wait....don't Yellow's eyes become yellow when she uses her powers?

I like the fact how Yellow has banana hair. sticks up, down, sideways in various angles.

I swear if they make N a child of viridian the manga has officially jumped the shark. Celebi's time shenanigans were borderline okay, but this, its too much. I don't mind the manga making a canon for itself that utilizes previous regions, but I do mind when its not exactly the best ideas in the world that are being played out.
    BLAH

Quote Originally Posted by mitchman_93 View Post
    I swear if they make N a child of viridian the manga has officially jumped the shark. Celebi's time shenanigans were borderline okay, but this, its too much. I don't mind the manga making a canon for itself that utilizes previous regions, but I do mind when its not exactly the best ideas in the world that are being played out.
    I don't get hold that would be a horrible idea. I mean, no one has to like it but I don't see it as getting worked up over. If anything, it'd be interesting and great provided with good execution.

On that note, it doesn't seem to be the case that N is a child of Viridian since he clearly used Max Revives on his Pokemon where as Yellow could just heal them. We have yet to hear the backstory for N in Pokespecial so I think it's better we just wait and see.

I fail to see how this is "Jumping the Shark."

Quote Originally Posted by AnemoiZephyr View Post
    On that note, it doesn't seem to be the case that N is a child of Viridian since he clearly used Max Revives on his Pokemon where as Yellow could just heal them. We have yet to hear the backstory for N in Pokespecial so I think it's better we just wait and see.
    Note how N's eyes are a dull yellow, compared to Yellow's bright eyes. Maybe his are weaker.

Also, that scene could easily be changed in the magazines. (Or he doesn't know about healing)

(Or he doesn't know about healing)
    Reminds me how characters in the game would instantly heal your Pokemon.

I fail to see how this is "Jumping the Shark."

Note how N's eyes are a dull yellow, compared to Yellow's bright eyes. Maybe his are weaker.

Also, that scene could easily be changed in the magazines. (Or he doesn't know about healing)
    I just don't see the need to connect a character like N with Kanto. Only way I can see it working is if Ghetsis found him Viridian Forest, and even then I find it a stretch to take the forest background of N in the games and use it in this way. As I said I'm all for original ideas in the Manga, but it still doesn't rub me the right way. Unova should remain isolated bar some cameos and that's the way it should be, bar some cameos like Looker.
    BLAH

I just don't see the need to connect a character like N with Kanto. Only way I can see it working is if Ghetsis found him Viridian Forest, and even then I find it a stretch to take the forest background of N in the games and use it in this way. As I said I'm all for original ideas in the Manga, but it still doesn't rub me the right way. Unova should remain isolated bar some cameos and that's the way it should be, bar some cameos like Looker.
    But why? Because the Black and White games were supposed to be like a fresh start?

Blech. That may have worked in the games, but it shouldn't be the case for an adaptation like this. Especially an adaptation like Pokespe, which thrives on continuity.

Wasn't it stated somewhere that the Viridian Forest only bestows its power onto a person once every ten years? That almost sounds familiar but at the same time it doesn't... correct me if I'm mis-remembering things. If that is the case, then then how far IS the gap between DP and BW, and how long after Yellow was N born?

Otherwise, I don't think it would be a bad idea. Like Loli says, one of the things that keeps PokeSpe together is the mythos.

Quote Originally Posted by Flintoff Cypress View Post
    Wasn't it stated somewhere that the Viridian Forest only bestows its power onto a person once every ten years? That almost sounds familiar but at the same time it doesn't... correct me if I'm mis-remembering things. If that is the case, then then how far IS the gap between DP and BW, and how long after Yellow was N born?

Otherwise, I don't think it would be a bad idea. Like Loli says, one of the things that keeps PokeSpe together is the mythos.
    Yes, that's only hole in this theory: N's age. (and Looker. And other crap.)

By using the "ten-years = new Viridian child" information, we can determine N's age (and how long BW from HGSS is.). Since Yellow is 9 in RGB, N wouldn't be born. Yellow is 11 in Y, making N 1. Yellow is 12 in GSC, making N 2. She's 14 in FRLG, meaning that N is 4. Cut to three years later, Yellow would be 17 in HGSS, meaning that N would be 7.

Depending on how far DP and Pt is, that could put him around 8 to maybe 10.

And if that's true, then how old is N now? He's obviously older than Black, who is 14, but doesn't look like he's in his twenties.. And for that matter, how long has Looker been on this mission?

When Looker was given the mission, he was told to be leave immediately, and he did. But, in the B2W2 Prologue, it was explicitly stated to take place three years before BW, which means DP and Pt had to have taken place during those three years, as Plasma was only just started in the Prologue.

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut. Caitlin is an Elite Four in BW, and clearly several years older. No way she could have gotten that position so fast. And to anyone who's an expert on the female body, could this become this in such a short time?

Goddammit, Kusaka. You confuse me.

You know, this theory doesn't even matter at this point, because Looker's presence pretty much makes things confusing.
    Last edited by lolipiece; 3rd March 2013 at 9:39 AM.

Looker's really just Doctor Who, his Tardis is stashed away somewhere in the background.
    Seriously though, if B2W2 takes place 3 years before BW, then yes everything makes sense. I'm assuming Caitlin can get the job quickly cause of her already high position, and I do believe puberty can change a girl like that in 3 years. It changes guys as fast, so I dunno why 3 years wouldn't. I guess N being chosen by Viridian Forest makes sense, if only to give us some more concrete timeline info, and perhaps to help fill whatever gaps do exist.
    BLAH

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast