Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: April Plot Discussion

I suppose Team Plasma emerged three years ago, prompting Looker to get going then (and not at the start of the league). And Looker being the Doctor would be AWESOME!

Originally posted by Lolipiece
    Caitlin is an Elite Four in BW, and clearly several years older. No way she could have gotten that position so fast. And to anyone who's an expert on the female body, could this become this in such a short time?
    Wasn't she 14 in HGSS and then later grew to either 16 or 18? I told you guys Kusaka and his associates are screwing up the chronological. Maybe go check out Bulbapedia about Caitlin's first age in the DPPT and HGSS, and then compare the age to the BW 1 & 2.

Yes, that's only hole in this theory: N's age. (and Looker. And other crap.)

By using the "ten-years = new Viridian child" information, we can determine N's age (and how long BW from HGSS is.). Since Yellow is 9 in RGB, N wouldn't be born. Yellow is 11 in Y, making N 1. Yellow is 12 in GSC, making N 2. She's 14 in FRLG, meaning that N is 4. Cut to three years later, Yellow would be 17 in HGSS, meaning that N would be 7.

Depending on how far DP and Pt is, that could put him around 8 to maybe 10.

And if that's true, then how old is N now? He's obviously older than Black, who is 14, but doesn't look like he's in his twenties.. And for that matter, how long has Looker been on this mission?
    I'm sure N must be in his teens. Maybe 17-19 are my possible guess. He does look older then his age, but there's no possibility that he could be very young than Yellow. But my question is this: like Iris, did N say anything that he is bored from Viridian City? I only see images of him when he was young playing with Unova Pokemon.
    I am Red, Knights of the Pokemon Round Table. I have come afar to bring justice to all warriors and trainers with my valiant Pokemon and my weapon.

I seriously doubt N is a child of Viridian but I wouldn't be surprised if he was. Kusaka managed to make Iris connected to Blackthorn and N seems to possess a few powers of Viridian like being able to hear Pokemon's voices. But then again, he had to use Max Revives to heal his Pokemon.

Oh and can someone clear me up on this confusing dilemma? (If it was answered in the manga then I forgot the explanation.) Is manga Lance from Viridian or Blackthorn? It's obvious that Lance was born in Viridian but what does he have to do with Blackthorn? Is it just that he has relatives there?

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    I suppose Team Plasma emerged three years ago, prompting Looker to get going then (and not at the start of the league). And Looker being the Doctor would be AWESOME!
    Remember in the BW2 prologue where it showed Plasma being on the job three years before the events of the first Black & White? That might be when Looker got the job to investigate Plasma. If Caitlin is 14 in Platinum and three years elapsed between Platinum and BW then she would be 17 in BW. That body does look like a 17-year old's I guess. And since she was already a Frontier Brain and if it takes three years to master psychic abilities then I guess three years is enough to become an Elite Four member.

Quote Originally Posted by mitchman_93 View Post
    Looker's really just Doctor Who, his Tardis is stashed away somewhere in the background.
    Seriously though, if B2W2 takes place 3 years before BW, then yes everything makes sense. I'm assuming Caitlin can get the job quickly cause of her already high position, and I do believe puberty can change a girl like that in 3 years. It changes guys as fast, so I dunno why 3 years wouldn't. I guess N being chosen by Viridian Forest makes sense, if only to give us some more concrete timeline info, and perhaps to help fill whatever gaps do exist.
    ...BW2 takes place two years AFTER BW. Unless you're talking about either the prologue or you meant to say Platinum instead of BW2 then yes it's three years.
    Last edited by Macromind101; 3rd March 2013 at 10:22 PM.

As a clear note I only used child of viridian as a term for people with powers given to them by Viridian Forest, its in no way an actual term. Lance anyway comes from the forest like Yellow, dunno about his relations with Blackthorn.
    BLAH

I don't know how I would feel about N being from Viridian. On one hand I think it would be a pretty cool connection and an easy way to explain the forest N was first found in, but on the other hand I feel that the whole "child of Viridian" thing has been played out enough with Lance and Yellow. But you never know. This could just be a big coincidence.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    I don't know how I would feel about N being from Viridian. On one hand I think it would be a pretty cool connection and an easy way to explain the forest N was first found in, but on the other hand I feel that the whole "child of Viridian" thing has been played out enough with Lance and Yellow. But you never know. This could just be a big coincidence.
    Well I always thought that if N was to be found in a known forest, then it would be Lostlorn because in the first BW games Zoroark can be caught there and N was seen with a Zorua in the game openings. Also, it would be pretty cool (but also could be a complete a**-pull) that one of the Unova forests grant special powers to a child born there like Viridian does and N is one of them. But I don't think that's likely.

Quote Originally Posted by mitchman_93 View Post
    As a clear note I only used child of viridian as a term for people with powers given to them by Viridian Forest, its in no way an actual term. Lance anyway comes from the forest like Yellow, dunno about his relations with Blackthorn.
    His father is from Blackthorn. His mother's from Viridian.

Wait, wait. Was it ever stated that there could only be ONE kid with Viridian powers born at a particular time?

What if Yellow and N were born around the same time? (or even on the same day?) and NO I'M NOT IMPLYING THAT THEY'RE TWINS.

Well I always thought that if N was to be found in a known forest, then it would be Lostlorn because in the first BW games Zoroark can be caught there and N was seen with a Zorua in the game openings. Also, it would be pretty cool (but also could be a complete a**-pull) that one of the Unova forests grant special powers to a child born there like Viridian does and N is one of them. But I don't think that's likely.
    This could work, too. It wouldn't be unusual for there to be multiple forests that grant special healing powers to others.

Quote Originally Posted by Flintoff Cypress View Post
    Wait, wait. Was it ever stated that there could only be ONE kid with Viridian powers born at a particular time?

What if Yellow and N were born around the same time? (or even on the same day?) and NO I'M NOT IMPLYING THAT THEY'RE TWINS.

This could work, too. It wouldn't be unusual for there to be multiple forests that grant special healing powers to others.
    It was stated that only ONE person gets the powers every ten years.

You could say that multiple forests grant the special powers, but then that makes us ask, "Why are all of these magic forests around? Why do they give out powers like it is Christmas morning? What is the explanation for all of this? No, we will not except 'plot convenience' as an excuse this time Kusaka. Do you actually think about this stuff before you write it?"

Okay... so there's no logical way that N could possibly be of the Viridian Forest (barring some huge surprise). Maybe this is all a red herring.

You could say that multiple forests grant the special powers, but then that makes us ask, "Why are all of these magic forests around? Why do they give out powers like it is Christmas morning? What is the explanation for all of this? No, we will not except 'plot convenience' as an excuse this time Kusaka. Do you actually think about this stuff before you write it?"
    I think the idea of multiple forests isn't TOO farfetched, as long as they don't go crazy with it. I could see Lostlorn Forest being explained away as "being on the opposite side of the planet as Viridian (remember, completely different geographical locations)". That way, there's only two forests bestowing powers to one person each every 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Flintoff Cypress View Post
    Maybe this is all a red herring.
    Or may all just coincidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Trutown View Post
    It was stated that only ONE person gets the powers every ten years.

You realize this is only our wild speculations. Chill...

I am actually always though that N and BW story was based on Yellow arc, able to see the minds of pokemon, creating Utopia for Pokemon. But there is always a thought that N could be children of the forest, but there was no other holes that we could prove this theory is right. In fact this Theory proven to be false. But there might be some connection between them, but still N is not the children of the forest
    Credit for Spockisnotimpressed's Tumblr

If you think the world should be a better place for everyone put this in you sig. (started by Mewmie the shiny Mew)

I thought the reason for N's ability was because he grew up with Pokemon.
    Ghestis locked him up in a room with Pokemon and only let him out to show him Pokemon that were treated badly.

Still thinks that N is Arceus' natural son. (At least in the games)
    Just because of Abyssal Ruins and the seven sage guy in ondula.
    That's all just to many coincidences for me.
    Even though that would mean that the viridian forest powers are stronger than the power of Arceus' son.
    But the viridian powers are manga only, so...

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemonspecialgerman View Post
    Still thinks that N is Arceus' natural son. (At least in the games)
    Just because of Abyssal Ruins and the seven sage guy in ondula.
    That's all just to many coincidences for me.
    Even though that would mean that the viridian forest powers are stronger than the power of Arceus' son.
    But the viridian powers are manga only, so...
    I haven't heard the theory that N is Arceus' son before, interesting. I wonder if the "Goddesses" that accompany him have to do with that.

I'm sure this is a theory many others have proposed, but I don't check the forums much. :P

I have always thought N was actually a Zoroark, and have hoped they would elaborate more on it in the manga. Doesn't it seem strange that Ghetsis found N as an orphan, but N somehow resembles him? I think possibly N is a Zoroark using Illusion to look human, but may not even fully know it himself, with how Ghetsis manipulated him all his life. Would also explain how he can speak with Pokemon, and we have seen in Black/White 2 and earlier chapters in the manga, Zoroark can speak and fully resemble humans. (Like the Hiker in Lostlorn forest in BW2)

I've been hoping that to be true and very interested to see how Pokemon Special would portray it.

Quote Originally Posted by LexKitteh View Post
    Doesn't it seem strange that Ghetsis found N as an orphan, but N somehow resembles him?
    Maybe but coincidences happen and green hair is as natural as blonde or black in Pokemon (and Anime all around). That or when N became King, Ghetsis wanted to convince other of them being father/son to get more "benefits" and/or gain N's unwavering trust before truly seizing control.

And honestly, the Zoroark theory is a really bad idea and would ruin N for me.

The N is a Zoroark theory is stupid.

Always has been, always will be.

So now people think that N is either Arceus's son or a Zoroark. I'm clearly too sober for this forum.

First of all, there have been absolutely zero hints to those possibilities in the games (let alone any particular manga). Remember, Gen V is DONE. We'll probably never see N again outside of any Gen V context (unless in 202x they remake BW/B2W2). If there was a bombshell of a revolution to be dropped, it would have been done LONG ago.

Second of all, expanding on what loli has said, what purpose would it serve to the plot? Is there any benefit outside of N turning into a Zoroark and saying "TADA!"? The idea of having a Pokemon being concerned about his fellow Pokemon isn't unheard of, but it would be a little jarring to have N be one. It's Kusaka's story, and stranger things HAVE happened, but I just can't see this being a good idea at all.

EDIT: Is it too late to start a false rumor that Sird is a Zoroark while we're at it?

The main reason for the N is Arceus son theory are the abyssal ruins and zinzolin. The inscriptions in the ruines said something about an ancient almighty "king".
    It's not about N of course. But I think it's about arceus. (You can find arceus plates in there, too). But it's a bit strange to call a god like arceus a "king". I think game freak just wanted to build up a connection with N. He was a king too Other inscriptions said something about: "The king can talk with all beings." Maybe that's why N can understand humans and pokémon.

And if you reach the deepest part of the ruins, zinzolin will say something interessting: "An extremely wonderful king was laid to rest in those ruins. If that king has descendants, maybe those special powers were passed down…"
    That's why I think Arceus' powers where passed down to N / N is Arces' son. Or at least.. N is the descendant of another mysterious king. It's strange that he said "laid to rest." Arceus would not just die right? Or are there more arceus' in existence. That's something I don't know yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemonspecialgerman View Post
    The main reason for the N is Arceus son theory are the abyssal ruins and zinzolin. The inscriptions in the ruines said something about an ancient almighty "king".
    It's not about N of course. But I think it's about arceus. (You can find arceus plates in there, too). But it's a bit strange to call a god like arceus a "king". I think game freak just wanted to build up a connection with N. He was a king too Other inscriptions said something about: "The king can talk with all beings." Maybe that's why N can understand humans and pokémon.

And if you reach the deepest part of the ruins, zinzolin will say something interessting: "An extremely wonderful king was laid to rest in those ruins. If that king has descendants, maybe those special powers were passed down…"
    That's why I think Arceus' powers where passed down to N / N is Arces' son. Or at least.. N is the descendant of another mysterious king. It's strange that he said "laid to rest." Arceus would not just die right? Or are there more arceus' in existence. That's something I don't know yet.
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but Arceus is alive not death, second he's a god not a king. People never called him as a king; only as the original one . So I think the temple means another king that's human and N could be a descendant from that king. Of course Getsis had to rape in innocent woman first to make that happen.

I know that and I said that.

...N is the descendant of another mysterious king. It's strange that he said "laid to rest." Arceus would not just die right? Or are there more arceus' in existence. That's something I don't know yet.
    And Ghetsis found N in a forest. He is not related to him.

Okay the "N is a Zoroark" theory is just stupid (I'm really sorry if I sound like Lolipiece here I promise it won't happen again). N owns a Zoroark. It is natural for a trainer to look a little like his main Pokemon. So what if he can listen to the voices of his Pokemon? It doesn't mean that he IS one.

And about that "N is a descendant of Arceus" theory...okay I'm pretty sure that in the Abyssal Ruins the king that they mention there was a human king from the past. Maybe he was affiliated with Arceus which explains the plates that are found there (maybe it was Arceus who made him king?) but I'm sure it wasn't Arceus itself. Arceus is laid in rest in the Spear Pillar, not some temple laying to rest in the bottom of the ocean.

And for the manga N...I do notice his yellow eyes on the cover and it does seem plausible that N has similar powers as Yellow. However, they are not the same powers. Yellow can read the minds and memories of Pokemon, N can talk to Pokemon. They're similar but still different. Also, N was never seen being able to heal Pokemon without the use of items. I'm still holding on to my theory that whatever forest N came from also has the powers to grant children special powers, though I'm almost certain that it wasn't Viridian Forest. N was mentioned to have been found in a forest so he was probably born in the forest and it granted him powers to talk to Pokemon, which isn't too much of a farfetched theory. Definitely not as farfetched as the whole "N is Zoroark" crap.

Originally posted by Macromind101
    And for the manga N...I do notice his yellow eyes on the cover and it does seem plausible that N has similar powers as Yellow. However, they are not the same powers. Yellow can read the minds and memories of Pokemon, N can talk to Pokemon. They're similar but still different. Also, N was never seen being able to heal Pokemon without the use of items. I'm still holding on to my theory that whatever forest N came from also has the powers to grant children special powers, though I'm almost certain that it wasn't Viridian Forest. N was mentioned to have been found in a forest so he was probably born in the forest and it granted him powers to talk to Pokemon, which isn't too much of a farfetched theory. Definitely not as farfetched as the whole "N is Zoroark" crap.
    Yeah, I do agree with you and Lolipiece. There is way N could be Zoroark. Even in Zoura form, we would had saw it's tail.

By the way, wasn't there an actual forest Zoroark actually lives? It's not White Forest, there's another one on the right side of Nimbasa City. I forgot the name of it, but I bet'cha that could be a forest that gives N the ability to talk to Pokemon.
    I am Red, Knights of the Pokemon Round Table. I have come afar to bring justice to all warriors and trainers with my valiant Pokemon and my weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Red_the_knight View Post
    Yeah, I do agree with you and Lolipiece. There is way N could be Zoroark. Even in Zoura form, we would had saw it's tail.

By the way, wasn't there an actual forest Zoroark actually lives? It's not White Forest, there's another one on the right side of Nimbasa City. I forgot the name of it, but I bet'cha that could be a forest that gives N the ability to talk to Pokemon.
    It's called Lostlorn and yes I think that that is the most likely place where N could have been from.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast