Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead Club

Default The Walking Dead Club

Hey guys, there's no doubt I love Pokemon, and I'm sure all of you do too, but that's not what I'm here to talk about today, today I'm going to talk about one of my other loves: The Walking Dead. I find The Walking Dead VERY enjoyable for several reasons: the characters, the zombies (duh), the setting, and the action.

The purpose of this club is to generate discussion on all things Walking Dead, including the TV Show, Comic Books, and Video Games.

Rules for this club include:
    1. All SPPF rules apply.
    2. No foul language.
    3. If you don't like The Walking Dead, don't join!
    4. Put large posts in spoilers.
    5. Don't talk about non-Walking Dead related material here!
    6. All artwork must have credit, unless it was created by you.
    7. No mini-modding. The mods will happily do their job.
    8. Don't SPAM, troll or anything that would result in an infraction.
    9. Respect everybody's taste. Don't insult people because maybe someone likes Lori and you don't.
    10. No "one-liners"!
    11. If you don't post for one month, you club membership will be revoked! You can however PM me if you have a reason for this.
    12. No double, triple, etc. posting.
    13. You must put major spoilers like character deaths in spoiler tags.

Strike One: Friendly Reminder
    Strike Two: Warning
    Strike Three: 48 Hour Ban
    Strike Four: 2 Week Ban
    Strike Five: Month Ban
    Strike Six: Six-month Ban
    Strike Seven: Perma-Ban

Spoiler:- Striked Members:

Spoiler:- Art Work:

Spoiler:- Members List:

HTML Code:
    Sign-up Form:
    [I]Name:[/I]
    [I]Favorite Walking Dead character and why:[/I]
    [I]Do you prefer the show, comic, or game[/I]

This is my first shot at a club, so if you have any ideas as to how to make it better, feel free to let me know!

Topics for discussion:

Who do you think is going to die in the finally
    What was your favorite episode(s)?
    What was your favorite season?
    What was your favorite issue?
    What was your favorite volume?
    What do you think will happen in season 4?
    What would you like to see in season 4?
    Saddest death(Show, Game, and Comics)?
    What would you like to see in the comic book going forward?
    Last edited by Colt45; 2nd April 2013 at 8:33 PM.
    I can smell u

Alright, the club's been approved, thank you very much mods for approving it!

So yeah, this is my one legal bump post.
    I can smell u

Hey man, I'll go ahead and join, even though I haven't started watching the series yet haha

Quote Originally Posted by OnceDone View Post
    Hey man, I'll go ahead and join, even though I haven't started watching the series yet haha
    Alright, but once you have started watching enough, you'll need to fill out the sign-up form. Let's say, have it up within a week or I'm gonna have to kick you from the club. Nothing personal, but I have to take my ownership of this club seriously.
    I can smell u

Quote Originally Posted by Colt45 View Post
    Alright, but once you have started watching enough, you'll need to fill out the sign-up form. Let's say, have it up within a week or I'm gonna have to kick you from the club. Nothing personal, but I have to take my ownership of this club seriously.
    I completely understand. Once I start watching it I will make sure to fill out the sign-up form and stay active. Great job on keeping this professional.

I am a fan of the comic and the show. I was reading the comic for a few years before the show came out, but I have not managed to play the highly-acclaimed game yet.

Sid87's Gen 6 Igloo Shop!

FC: 3823-9867-2750

Name: Zwei
    Favorite Walking Dead character and why: I really like Maggie, because she has guts! She's not a helpless little girl who cannot take care of herself.
    Do you prefer the show, comic, or game? Well, I do prefer the show ^__^

Name: ShoesThief

Favorite Walking Dead character and why: It's hard picking a favorite when I truley love all the characters! I guess I'd pick Carl just for the personal growth and everything he's gone to grow into who he is now. In the game I'd go with Lee, I know he's the character you play but I feel like i'd be a lot like him *Minus looking after a kid*.

Do you prefer the show, comic, or game: I've never read the comics *Really want to since Season 1*. I've been a big fan of the show since the first episode and I bought the game when Season 3 went into it's mid season break!
        Spoiler:- Credit:

Quote Originally Posted by Zwei View Post
    Name: Zwei
    Favorite Walking Dead character and why: I really like Maggie, because she has guts! She's not a helpless little girl who cannot take care of herself.
    Do you prefer the show, comic, or game? Well, I do prefer the show ^__^
    Accepted!
    I can smell u

Quote Originally Posted by ShoesThief View Post
    Name: ShoesThief

Favorite Walking Dead character and why: It's hard picking a favorite when I truley love all the characters! I guess I'd pick Carl just for the personal growth and everything he's gone to grow into who he is now. In the game I'd go with Lee, I know he's the character you play but I feel like i'd be a lot like him *Minus looking after a kid*.

Do you prefer the show, comic, or game: I've never read the comics *Really want to since Season 1*. I've been a big fan of the show since the first episode and I bought the game when Season 3 went into it's mid season break!
    You're accepted too!
    I can smell u

Quote Originally Posted by Sid87 View Post
    I am a fan of the comic and the show. I was reading the comic for a few years before the show came out, but I have not managed to play the highly-acclaimed game yet.
    Accepted, but please edit in the correct sign-up format.

Edit: I realized there is no rule about using the sign-up form, so your good.
    Last edited by Colt45; 23rd February 2013 at 3:48 AM.
    I can smell u

^ You must be careful with one liners and double posting if you want this club to live.
    I still haven't seen the episode from Sunday. Dang it!

Quote Originally Posted by Zwei View Post
    ^ You must be careful with one liners and double posting if you want this club to live.
    I still haven't seen the episode from Sunday. Dang it!
    Thanks for the advice, would you be interested in becoming a co-owner and helping me run it? Also, I think they air last week's episode before the new episode. Maybe not directly before it, but sometime during the day I believe. Overall it was a good episode, it contained a surprising death, I won't say who. You're gonna have to see that for yourself
    I can smell u

Well that escalated quickly xP Gotta think about it
    Well, I was supposed to watch it during this week at school but we had a test instead of the regular class, so I missed it.
    I'll probably watch it later, tomorrow or something

What do you guys think of the new artwork????

Thanks to Eeveelover824 for this
    I can smell u

Remember that they always show last weeks episode right before the new episode on Sunday nights!
    And the artwork is incredible! Looks really nice!

Quote Originally Posted by ShoesThief View Post
    Remember that they always show last weeks episode right before the new episode on Sunday nights!
    And the artwork is incredible! Looks really nice!
    It's amazing isn't it??

But anyway, what did you think of last week's episode? (Assuming you've seen it.)
    I can smell u

Quote Originally Posted by Colt45 View Post
    It's amazing isn't it??

But anyway, what did you think of last week's episode? (Assuming you've seen it.)
    Oh man. Just oh man! So much and I was all in shock!
    It was a fantastic episode and so much went down!

YES, Walking Dead club!

Favorite Walking Dead character and why: Daryl Dixon. Why? He's freakin Daryl Di- XD lol, no really, Daryl's my favorite because of many things. Character development, his weapon choice (cross bow for the win), his dialogue, how he's changed into someone who would've taken over the old camp with his brother to a caring and efficient part of the team who is willing to go out and protect the group. In my opinion: I think he's pretty cute, and I don't say that often XD Overall: I just love Daryl Dixon, he's awesome lol
    Do you prefer the show, comic, or game: Personally, I prefer the show. Never really could get into the comic since half of it is swearing for no good reason. But the game is fantastic.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Credit goes to FairyWitch at Flower Paradise Graphics

Fanfic Status: Currently postponed-- Kingdom Hearts: Memories' Reflection. Last updated 8/17/13

Quote Originally Posted by Cometstarlight View Post
    YES, Walking Dead club!

Favorite Walking Dead character and why: Daryl Dixon. Why? He's freakin Daryl Di- XD lol, no really, Daryl's my favorite because of many things. Character development, his weapon choice (cross bow for the win), his dialogue, how he's changed into someone who would've taken over the old camp with his brother to a caring and efficient part of the team who is willing to go out and protect the group. In my opinion: I think he's pretty cute, and I don't say that often XD Overall: I just love Daryl Dixon, he's awesome lol
    Do you prefer the show, comic, or game: Personally, I prefer the show. Never really could get into the comic since half of it is swearing for no good reason. But the game is fantastic.
    Accepted!

I have to agree with you about Daryl, he's so awesome, that I bought a crossbow just because of how awesome he was with one (and those ain't cheap.) Still working on getting Rick's weapon of choice as well: the Python, but those things cost a fortune.

Anyways, welcome to the club!
    I can smell u

Hey guys, important announcement, Zwei has become co-owner, giving him permission to give you strikes as well as me.

Additionally, if he posts any rule changes, they are legitimate, and are to be followed as soon as he posts them, even if the rules in the OP are not updated yet.
    Last edited by Colt45; 23rd February 2013 at 6:00 PM.
    I can smell u

Thank you, Colt! I'll do my best

What, I can strike you too? I don't think that's how it works :/

We can't strike each other, no

But, if you feel it is neccesary to strike yourself, be fair and do so
    I can smell u

Oooh, I just misread your post! Sorry! xD

Yeah, I'll certainly do that xD

Name: Exeggudork
    Favorite Walking Dead character and why: I liked Dale because he was such a cool old guy. i miss his words of wisdom, and his fishing hat.
    Do you prefer the show, comic, or game: I'd say the show, because i've never played the game or read the comics.( but i do plan on reading the comics soon)
    † I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast