Thread: Code Lyoko: Opposing Forces

Default Code Lyoko: Opposing Forces

Code Lyoko: Opposing Forces

It's quite probable that fans as well as non-fans of Code Lyoko have wondered why the Garage Kids never expanded their numbers to more efficiently combat XANA, the mastermind virus trying to destroy the world? And it would be interesting to expand the varieties of monsters, threats and their numbers.

So I came up with the idea of an alternate universe where figures similar to Aelita and a mission control like Jeremy would probably still be necessary for a XANA fighting team, but we could make our own storylines, enemies and characters. It would still be heavily inspired by the show, naturally.

All the joining members, except the bare starters (3 people or something) would be introduced through a threat they unexpectedly help combat and the group decides to let the individual in on their secret and virtualizes the person in Lyoko.

This isn't to say that perhaps XANA does some recruiting of his own.

The plot is for RPers something to create, combine and largely know and for readers to find out…

Super Note!: Salvage your old posts from the closed topic before it disappears (I don’t know, where do closed topics go?). When in need and I do mean ‘not to be abused’ I have a back-up of all posts, which I will not filter so yeah, salvage or do your best finding your posts in the back-up (if I send it to you, for a good reason and somehow). Also, keep a back-up of your new posts!

Some things to keep in mind... Yes, rules

> The usual RP rules apply

>Prime rule(s): Avoid unnecessary delays in the RP, post regularly, communicate, work together.

>There is no posting order, but there is a posting limit; only one post per 'row'; in other words, if you have posted, you may not post until all others have posted again. To simplify things, I begin and end each row with my new post (unless I’m needed for mission control stuff, but I’ll try to say so when I do). After that, any order of the previous row is shuffled and people can post in any order they like, but don't wait on other people unless you've consulted with them on your plot idea.

> To avoid spamming and delay of plot and time between members the above rule is in effect. To avoid delay because of writer’s block and other stuff, it is expected that you post within one week, two weeks at max which is counted from the date of your last post. Also see tips and tricks on writer’s block (or ask people as I’ll mention). Garage Kids are required to post on a very reliable regular basis as they can’t ‘do nothing for two turns’ on a mission for example. Non-Garage Kids are expected to post regularly and are required when they join the Garage Kids, naturally. For now dubbed ‘Virtual people’ have their own pace as long as their plot doesn’t intersect with the Garage Kids their plot.

>If for any reason at any time you think you won’t be able to post in time, notify me and I’ll try to cover for you, though not too often, understandably. If possible, try to predict if certain things will make you unable to post as much ahead of time as possible so something can be done about it (in case of writer’s block for example) or I can cover for you within reasonable limits (a mountain of homework, plans, vacation, moving, sadness, happiness and so on; or just life irl. Though a heads up is appreciated).

>Gabrielle will pick out the original fighters after they have introduced themselves. To be clear: they do not introduce themselves directly to her, but they display their behavior, skills and quirks with her happening to see it. In my next post, Gabrielle will invite them to go to the abandoned factory and they meet in the forest. The story goes from there. Anything you'd like to remark or disagree with, feel free to put it in your post, a PM or a visitor message on my profile.

>>Our initial Team Lyoko/Garage Kids is Taiyo (pending as I haven’t heard from her), Joaquin, Bea and Diego. If you're not one of those four, you can optionally introduce yourself outside Gabrielle's vision mission control). Or possibly you can initially say no to her invitation and only join a few "back to the pasts" later; we can brainstorm about it, though preferably not in the RP itself. Lastly, if you are already in Lyoko, you may begin as you normally would.

Some useful notes and important guidelines

>Writer's block: I usually work around the pressures of writer's block by writing a lot when I'm inspired so I have a reserve to pull a piece from to post, keeping ahead of the RP, although it's not always that easy. I'll try to include more future events hidden in spoilers and when stuck, PM me so I know why you're not posting and PM other creative minds to see if they can offer advice, inspiration or events your character can take part in. Also longer dialogue posts, see more below.

>Character relationships: PM each other about ways to post conversations and build up relationships without having to resort to extremely short posts. Through PMing with each other you can each stay in character, you don't have to bunny and eventually (though please don't take too long) you build up a length of two posts or more (though don't overdo the dialogue) which you can split and each post a part of.

>Another option is to ask permission to control the other character a tiny bit just so you don't always feel like you're talking to the walls or yourself. Also make sure to try and involve all of the RPers in the adventure, even if they're not Garage Kids but especially if they are (the virtual ones are an entirely different matter). Of course don’t include people if you ask them about it and they have other plans. Especially with the virtual characters they’re quite secretive (or destructive) and it’s pretty much guaranteed that they will act on other characters in Lyoko rather than react to what the Garage Kids do or Gabrielle does.

>Read descriptions of characters, personalities and so on carefully so your character doesn’t look all startled when a perfectly normal person greets them, but is unfazed for some reason when a punk emo cheerleader robot ninja that’s unusually tall asks for your notes or appears from behind the virtual trees carrying a freakishly long axe with flaming baby heads. Hey, it could happen^^

>Plot lines: we got a lot of characters and a lot of creative minds, so building the plot lines is a team effort (apart from the mission control stuff). To keep the thread tidy and relatively spoiler-free, PM each other about plotlines that concern that RPer's character. Always ask permission for things, try to agree on events to come and overall don't try to out-canon someone by saying his or her character was hallucinating or dreaming or just plainly ignoring what they typed. That includes their attempts to talk to other characters or influence an event or enemy for example. Working together is key in a Code Lyoko team RP, obviously. Time is of the essence though, so also try to not overly rely on others for your post. For people receiving such PMs, make answering them a priority so plot lines connect well and are built in a reasonable timeframe.

> Furthermore I plan to, in the vein of the show, also play mission control outside of the character or partly in-character (so I could post more to regulate things) so the plotline is clear and the objectives as well, since the show was pretty linear as I remember it at least. That way it's way clearer what I'm trying to do (wasn't too smart of me keeping the mystery for the RPers as well as what would happen next:s). You can reuse your old posts in a way, though what you're supposed to do every post will be much more defined. I didn't want it to become constricted, but the other way didn't pay off either.

> New rules and notes will be added when I think of them.

> Have fun RPing!

Note: Many thanks for Raiden193's reworked first post which seems much neater than my old one, so I will definitely use it, adding certain rules and the like in the same coherent manner^^

Next, the sign-ups accepted thus far. (Sign-ups currently open for interesting applicants)

Primary roles added, sort of for every character. Most of them pending and subject to change^^

Sign-Ups:

Spoiler:- Scriptor Scorpio - Gabrielle Lafleur:

Spoiler:- Zekshirom - Taiyo Kosen:

Spoiler:- Chili - Joaquin Perez:

Spoiler:- Raiden193 - Béatrice "Bea" Éclat:

Spoiler:- DVB - Diego Vendrix:

Spoiler:- Samantha Sparks - Silence Dogood:

Spoiler:- deltakurumiru4 - Halt:

Spoiler:- Cometstarlight - Nancy Stone:

Spoiler:- InnerFlame - Aim:

Spoiler:- ansem the wise - Seth Fey:

And with that, this RP begins with a great number of RPers Let's how that goes. The story begins in the second post, also by me xD I exceeded the characters limit.
    Completed:

CHA-05: Teenage robot with organic skin starting war of sabotage and love.

Pokémen: Trainers changed. Pokémon, then 'Pokémen'. Cure lies with villain?

Rapture: House of Broken Mirrors: group of adolescents surviving, transforming...

The Pokémen regain their honour in Season 2.

Ongoing:

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...rds&highlight=
    Rebuild of 1000 Swords: Fun, easy-going RP: the 1k sword wielders' struggle set in our world. Still accepting!

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...ces&highlight=
    Code Lyoko RP (SU); still accepting! Looking for members

Code Lyoko: Opposing Forces

The screen lit up. Finally, she'd got it working again. On the screen her detection programs showed that this monstrosity could attack at any moment and when it did, toasters chasing people and trying to fry them would be the least of their problems. When this malevolent entity gathered his power and concentrated it in the nearest power outlet, strange and dangerous things happened. It could no longer be stopped and the young girl sitting in the big chair had her own reasons for not simply shutting down the supercomputer. She needed to find people to help her fight this... XANA, as time was running out.

Using the local sewer system, the young girl arrived at her high school, Kadic Academy located in a suburb of Paris. Her name was Gabrielle Lafleur, she was 17 years old and nobody really knew a lot about her. At first glance seeing her blonde hair and high stature, you'd think she was a slightly intimidating angel, perhaps a bit dumb-witted one. She wasn't scary at all though once you tried sitting next to her in class. She always got good grades, which earned her a lot of jealousy, so she kept to herself a lot. She used to have friends, put people couldn't remember where they'd gone and left her behind, alone studying and sitting behind a computer almost all day.

When you asked her for something however, she reacted quite cheery and she always seemed to be optimistic. Still, she tried not to show her intelligence for fear of remarks about a smart towering blonde girl. All in all, she'd stand out a lot when she would start her search. Her search for warriors in the fight against XANA... and other threats. As she put a lock of her hair behind her right ear, she looked around for people. She'd pick them out soon enough with her uncanny ability to recognize incredible depth and skill. Putting all those individuals together and getting them to get along with each other, that would be much harder.
    Completed:

Rapture: House of Broken Mirrors: group of adolescents surviving, transforming...

Ongoing:

Rebuild of 1000 Swords: Fun, easy-going RP: the 1k sword wielders' struggle set in our world. Still accepting!

D-Reaper
    Desert Zone

Everything is normal. Everything is fine. D-Reaper remembered those thoughts faintly. It was when he decided to enter this world for the first, and last, time. He kept saying it would work, that he'll see his...who? D-Reaper looked over the vast blue coding. It was all numbers and letters. Nothing more, anything but less. It was the lifeblood of Lyoko: the coding was near infinite for each zone. D-Reaper preferred to roam the desert zone. It lacked trees and rocks that he might have difficulty seeing. With this new way of seeing the world, he could find ways to hurt it. Hurting the world was what gave him the most joy, and even then it faded like the XANA bots that tried to fight him. They would always try to stop his reaping, but it always ended with them dead, lying on the ground. Sometimes he would have fun, and reap the coding in them that intiated their agressive protical. In other words, they lacked the ability to fight back. They would stand there, unable to fight or move, and let him crush with his scythe. D-Reaper grinned at the thought.

He looked around the landscape again. Nothing different here. After the last reaping of the zone, XANA got wise and left it alone for the most part. D-Reaper leapt off the rock, landing perfectly with his black armor catching the last rays of the sun. The white embossed bones along the armor looked eye catching, but nothing that gave him an edge. It was the scythe that D-Reaper carried that gave him his name. It was four feet long at the shaft, designed to appear like black bones. More for the image, he liked to say. The blade though was no show and all damage. It was a foot and a half of silver steel, curved slightly and prepared to reap anything that crossed the D-Reaper's path. He cut the air before him, and a hole tore itself in the fabric of the coding. He walked in. He had a forest to inspect.
    Current Fan fiction projects:

The Heart of the Hunters a monster hunter fan fiction with with other ideas thrown in here and there.

Future Projects:

A MLP fan fiction in the works

A God Eater Burst fan fiction still in planning

Aim
    Forest Zone

It was mostly silent except of the occasional buzzing through forest. There were flying creatures flying around, patrolling, searching and once they decided the area was empty they flew off. As a group of three left the area, another presence appeared: a boy with light brown hair. His red eyes look in the direction in which the Xana's minions went before he bolted off in the other direction on the narrow forest path. Though he wasn’t sure why, but Xana seem more activity these days. And his pursue of him, a being merely known as Aim, seem to be more persistent. Why did Xana want Aim, he was unsure but it was embedded somewhere in him that he must not be captured.

He came to a halt as he stopped short of one of the towers and took cover behind a tree. Three more of Xana’s Hornets were flying around. It seemed these ones weren’t going to leave the area and his power to stay hidden isn’t as good when he was moving, so he had no choice but to eliminate them. He reached toward his back which had three pairs black wings protruding out from it. They all moved together into his hand to be seen as a winged bow. He drew back on the string, took aim, and fired. The string snap back to its natural position and a laser arrow flew through the air and right on his target. It was destroyed and the other two became alert. Not know anything but the direction it came from they started coming towards him. He shot two more times killing one while the other manage to dodge, and started firing in his general direction. It got lucky and hit him. Aim quickly shot one more time before it got too close from him to fight him off. Luckily it was defeated, and Aim made a rush for the tower. If he stuck around too long reinforcement would arrive.

Touching the outer surface of the white pillar, the boy phased though the wall. The area inside was dark with bright blue windows over every free inch of the cylinder structure. He walked down a white path to a platform with some kind of strange symbol on it. He sat down and let out a sigh. In this place he was safe from Xana’s reach and he could probably stay here forever in peace. But he knew nothing would come of it but an isolated meaningless existence. Why was here, what was his point of being here on Lyoko; those were the questions he desperately wanted to know. No matter how much he searches through the tower’s mainframe it seems he lacked the ability to find it. So all he could do was roam and hope to find some hint, some clue. That search would have to wait; he was going to rest for a moment for his points to be restored before resuming his exploring.
    Let's eat Grandma!
    Let's eat, Grandma!
    Commas saves lives.

Say hello to Rascal, he is a naughty little Articuno but he wants to be a true adventurer one day. Feed him lots of spicy berries and help him grow big and stronger.

During tests people:
    Look up for inspiration
    Down in desperation
    Left and right for information

Quote Originally Posted by Old Post
    Béatrice Éclat
    Morning, before school
    A fountain

It was an unusual day; Béatrice Éclat went outside. For no reason whatsoever.

Setting aside school, of course. Still, there was no reason for her to leave the dormitories 15 minutes before school's inevitable start. She wasn't even doing much; Bea serenely stared at the flow of water as it traced a gentle arc in the air and created small ripples as it landed. Despite her rather towering height of 6-foot 4 (which she thought was 6-foot 3), her presence went unnoticed as younger students passed by on their way to school.

Perhaps it was because she already knew her way around Kadic Academy pretty well; she had been enrolled here since freshman year, after all. It wasn't too wrong of her to spend some time somewhere else, was it? The most she did with her free time was write in her story journal, or go to sleep early, or go shopping for more food so she didn't starve. Yeah, her life at the dorms was pretty routine. It was only every now and then that she tried to clear out her head like such.

"Clear..." the word rolled off her tongue. "Clear... ...?" Soon after, she found herself digging through her bag for her story journal. She flipped to an untitled page full of random doodles and words. Bringing out a purple pen as well, she placed the tip on a doodle of a giant hammer. "Clear... clear... hammer... weapon... fight... world..." But while she was zoning out, the familiar bell rang, and whoever was left outside hurriedly skittered to the academy. As did she, putting away her journal and pen as her figure made a fidgety dash towards the academy building.

There goes my perfect attendance record for the year, she thought.

(OOC: Bea's birthday is in the summer, so although she's 17 she's doing her senior year. Just clarifying.)
    I'll update this space down here with my latest post.

ALL IN THE GOLDEN AFTERNOON...

In the classroom there were plenty of people that tried to stand out, but few did in the way Gabrielle appreciated and more specifically, needed for her plan. She had to stop XANA and sort out her own issues along the way and for that she needed strong and capable fighters. In the ‘Premičre’ or the 11th grade or ‘juniors’ year of Kadic Academy, there seemed to be an utter lack of motivated students as if life had already decided what would become of them and they would either slack and narrowly pass or excel at the highest level. Then she saw the two of them on almost opposite sides of the classroom. Possible members, yes yes, this could work…

After Lunch Gabrielle had a free period and so went to the benches looking out onto the tracks where a senior class was having P.E., or boot camp when Jane Moralés was teaching it, the resident teach-it-all-know-nothing teacher. Apparently he was in charge of detention and wasn’t quite pleased about it, making it extra hard on those having to go there practically every day of the week, but Gabrielle couldn’t know for sure. Her trying to be invisible made it that she never ended up there. Or she didn’t even notice she had to and happened to move to just the right classroom while she made her homework or studied… it. That strange dot that seemed to appear and disappear every time one of XANA’s creatures was walking around. It stayed away from them and even more so from ‘him’. Whatever both the strange dot and ‘him’ did, they had managed to keep XANA at bay for quite a long time, but time was exactly the thing they were running out of. They needed support, a true, cooperating team. And Gabrielle would find it.

She saw the long senior girl that shyly combed her pale-blonde hair with her hands as Ms. Moralés reprimanded a few slackers, which was most of the class. She didn’t seem to do much as well, but like Gabrielle the girl was easily missed despite her height. She blended in with the crowd, yet she looked very caring and honest when she smiled. Once in a while, she would flash with her eyelashes and you could barely see her chestnut brown eyes which she avoided eye contact with, but Gabrielle saw it as she moved closer without anyone taking notice.

Béatrice Éclat was her name, as Gabrielle had already found in the school database she hacked and saved on her laptop, heavily ‘encrypted’ and ‘guarded’ so it would never be found on it. She seemed so soft-spoken and was easily rubbed the wrong way, making her quite akward because of that and other things that couldn’t be read off her behavior like this. Could she move a bit closer? Having little friends couldn’t have helped Béatrice much. She didn’t talk to anyone and nobody seemed to address her or even notice her. This was an interesting person, could she have a hidden side that made her a possible and brazing leader for the team Gabrielle wanted to form?

Just a bit closer… before Gabrielle realized, she fell over and smacked into the pavement with her laptop. Luckily, it was still intact, but her clumsy behavior had surely turned a few heads. As she got up, she looked up shyly at the class. All of them, including the slackers who had made Ms. Moralés’ attention get redirected at Gabrielle, looked at her, most of them trying not to laugh. Silly juniors, they whispered to each other. Gabrielle only saw Béatrice, who looked down. Had she noticed Gabrielle looking at her? Better take her aside and ask her to meet her in the woods before Ms. Moralés shooed ‘the silly junior’ away even if Gabrielle had no class to attend.

Gabrielle walked towards Béatrice and tried to say or gesture for the senior girl to follow her. Before even checking that the girl followed her, Gabrielle said: “I was wondering if you were interested in joining a special group. We need your help. Join us in the woods at the old rusted car.”

So yeah, the others haven’t posted, so I’m assuming they didn’t have time, which is fine for just this once. If you still want to RP, please post as soon as possible and you may take limited control of Gabrielle to set up a conversation in which you ponder taking Gabrielle up on her offer to join the team and meet the others in the woods at the old rusted car. Any ideas you have, feel free to PM me or post a visitor message.

Thanks for posting those that did. For deltakurumiru4 and InnerFlame, I don’t have a concrete idea for your storyline, so feel free to post what you want to post and/or brainstorm with me or each other^^ For Raiden193, I set up a first conversation with Gabrielle (if that’s okay) so she will (probably) join the Garage Kids and possibly lead them, who knows. If you have something else in mind, do say so and I’ll change my post^^. If you want to go with the conversation, I suggest showing Béatrice’s personality in how she reacts to the strange question out of the blue and what she plans to do, her doubts and so on. This I can’t direct a lot, since you have to decide how/if Béatrice comes to join the Garage Kids, why, when and so on. When she’s going to join them, it’s however best to end with how she sneaks away from Kadic to go into the woods and arrives at the designated spot and Gabrielle leads all that came to the factory and the main plot kicks in.

Ansem the wise, Samantha Sparks and Cometstarlight are all welcome to apply for a Garage Kids spot as Zekshirom and Chili have other matters to attend to and cannot fill those spots (they can always join later if something changes and they still want to RP). All of you can apply, better to have one Garage Kid too ‘many’ than only two or three. DVB had homework, but I’m not sure if he’s still gonna RP, that remains to be seen.

If you’re considering posting, but you don’t for a reason, please notify me and if it turns out a regular posting schedule can’t be done, so be it. But I won’t let the other RPers wait those that haven’t posted yet, please do if you do want to RP, let me know if you don’t want to or can’t RP anymore instead of saying nothing; those that have, keep up the good work

So we have deltakurumiru4 and InnerFlame doing their own subplots (the latter intertwining soon with ours as we fight to the first tower that has to be deactivated somehow and through a newfound alliance, luck or a combination), me/Gabrielle acting as the operator/Jeremy, Raiden193 being the first Garage Kid (unless that has changed) and the others… pending.

DEADLINE: In ONE week I’ll post again and in posting and furthering the plot, I intend to keep up the pace. If anyone suggests a further deadline date like say two weeks, I’ll lengthen it and edit this post so it counts for every future post. If nobody makes a mention, after one or more deadlines have passed, I will consider some as having other things to do, but I won’t wait for the people not posting unless they ask me to make an exception, which I won’t make that often.

EDIT: Can't shake the feeling I forgot to mention something, thoughts?
    Last edited by Scriptor Scorpio; 5th March 2013 at 9:24 PM.
    Completed:

Ongoing:

Note: My post is only this long because of all kinds of notes and setting up the plot, so other posts don’t need to be as long as providing the framework gives me this volume, not content, yet

I’m assuming people don’t quite know what to post… or they’ve given up on this RP; anyway, I’ll continue as promised for those that still want to RP and I’m guessing they’ll post soon^^ If I went and posted something vague that reading it back I don’t even quite get, please call me on it then I can fix it and you can post and have fun. Without further ado, moving onto the main plot.

Gabrielle looked around. What was keeping them? Did they decide not to come? She’d wait a little while and then she’d better get going. Her scans indicated it wouldn’t be long before the ‘XANA’ program would make its move. Its troops were already invading the forest area, a virtual representation of the ordinary habitat of the real world. But it wasn’t home to docile, small or hiding creatures. No matter what, you’d get swarmed by things that could turn out to be almost twice as high as you. Even knowing that, Gabrielle still wanted to go there and take action herself to reinforce the team, a team whose several members were late…

One by one, the happy, but slightly weirded out few that had responded to her question appeared from the woods and hesitantly stepped into the open place with the manhole cover in the middle. Gabrielle nodded to the others, took off the cover and descended with the others quickly following and the last one closing the manhole so nobody would be the wiser should they come to the open place moments later.

There weren’t as many as Gabrielle had hoped, but she’d speculated on the use of the ‘back to the past’ sequence she’d found. All those that weren’t sure they’d join the team or take a great risk in joining and possibly back out, would possibly not even remember Gabrielle had ever asked them something. But time travel wasn’t possible, was it?

She thought about it some more until everyone had descended into the sewers that would lead to their mysterious destination, which someone would probably inquire about, but she hesitated to give in to their questions, as it would mean explaining that seemed impossible… and deadly terrifying. Gabrielle flicked on her flashlight and led the way. She had told most people to bring a quicker form of transportation, she thought and so she buzzed along with her trusty kick scooter.

She awaited questions that she could answer, almost anything except where they were going and what the team was really getting into.

Note: If there really is no other way, I will see to it that I create more Garage Kids along with people that ‘want one’, so to speak. Anyway, the plan is that people try to figure out if what they want to do is what they’re gonna do in the team, for example, if they can lead, follow, improvise, make friends, whatever reason they were so ‘crazy’ to join. Getting to know your team members can be an option, but ask the other person for permission first so you can type a good medium-length post instead of typing two sentences and then waiting for the other respond. Don’t completely control the other character, but you don’t have to build up a conversation through many, many posts. PMing each other is an option or agreeing in a few lines on what your character will say or won’t say when you try to get to know each other. Not getting along at all at first can be funny, having a seething rivalry is optional, one having a crush on the other, anything is possible really. Gabrielle can be controlled almost freely, apart from letting her say anything concrete or shocking about the supercomputer, XANA, the virtual programs and so on. She’ll be intentionally vague about it and the exact goals of the team.

Describing the team’s purpose (in terms of forming a tight group (friendship?), being a sort of club combating ‘all kinds of things’) or why the Garage Kids were each chosen, the goal being the abandoned factory, Gabrielle’s skills, her behavior at school, the skills the Garage Kids will need and so on, will be freely given by Gabrielle, though I offer these as suggestions for what to talk about to Gabrielle without me having to write each character’s dialogue with her, though that is possible… if I know that people other than Raiden193 and the two virtual characters are going to post. Don’t hesitate to PM, put a note in your post, post a visitor message or anything you think of if you’re stuck on something, disagree, want to add, something to be changed, contact me Oh and have fun RPing
    Completed:

Ongoing:

Deepest apologies I couldn't get this up earlier. x.x

Béatrice Éclat
    S00per smelleh sewers
    After school

The sewers were.... smelly.

Uh-huh, smelly was a good word.

They certainly live up to their, uh... ... sewer heritage?

Bea realized that although she could manage avoiding eye-contact with everyone else, she would have quite a difficult time getting the sewer stench out of her nostrils. As for why she was walking with a bunch of kids from Kadic through an underground sewer canal... she didn't know. At the very least, she couldn't yet understand the underlying circumstances behind their journey.

It started back in PE, when Mrs. Moralés was busy scolding the majority of her class for being lazy bums. Being a social introvert, Bea couldn't help but avoid eye contact with everyone else by closing her eyes. It wasn't necessarily a special ability, but Bea found that she could hear a lot better without her sight. Above the teachers loud ranting, she could hear the footsteps of people with spare periods walking around, the clicking and clacking of a laptop keyboard, the constant chatter of younger girls... wait, keyboard? Bea opened her eyes and attempted to scout for the foreign sound, which wasn't all that far away.

Bea located a besweatered girl typing away at her laptop, looking as if she was deeply rooted into whatever she was doing. Every now and then, the girl would glance up and survey... goodness, was she looking directly at Bea?

Lookaway, lookaway, gottalookaway and stu- eeee, she's getting closer, um, um, um-

Never before had she met a person this interested in her; Bea's thoughts became so severely confuddled that she didn't notice the girl falling over and making a ruckus. When she did zone in again, the girl was pretty much right next to her. Bea froze in a rather awkward position. Looking at her closely, this girl appeared to be as old as her, with dark blonde hair and loose ends aplenty. She was only a bit shorter, making Bea feel some sort of kinship towards her, but only for a second. Then;

“I was wondering if you were interested in joining a special group. We need your help. Join us in the woods at the old rusted car.”

"o-okay."

And thus, she was here. In this dark, smelly sewer tunnel. Running, because she forgot to bring a quicker method of transportation.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . .

As she had nothing better to say;

"u-um. . . i beg your pardon, le petite fleur, but what did you say. . . your name was. . . again?

"Le petite fleur"? First, petite was the feminine form of the verb; second, she grimaced as she picked up on the idiosyncrasies of her story characters. Already flustered and out of breath, she fast-walked and avoided eye contact for the rest of the trip.
    Last edited by Pir8Heart; 1st April 2013 at 7:57 PM. Reason: Forgot the transportation bit. ^_^;

Diego Vendrix
    Sewer Network
    After School

Diego had his fingers to his nose as he was walking through the sewers and he was wondering once more why he was here. Diego looked around at the few other kids that was around ad wondered what was it they were thinking also. He smiled at all of them as he still had his fingers to keep himself from smelling the odor here.

He recalled how he ended up here.

Diego was in PE and dealing with the annoying P.E. teacher. He was getting bothered by he rambling though he turned to Bea, who he kinda liked. She seemed like a nice person.

Diego saw a besweatered girl typing away at her laptop, looking concentrated. Every so often, he look at either Bea or him.

Diego saw her talk to Bea for a little bit before she came over to talk to him too.

“I was wondering if you were interested in joining a special group. We need your help. Join us in the woods at the old rusted car.”

Diego nodded as he smiled at her.

Diego shook his head. "So what exactly is the surprsie that awaits at the end of the rabbit hole?" Diego asked her.
    Last edited by DVB; 2nd April 2013 at 12:56 PM.

If you have attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this in your sig.
    Platinum Friend Code: 0775-1254-2777

Thanks you guys^^ Who knows how things will go now I kick off the main plot, but let us hope Without any further ado...

Last note: Bea is 17, but she's doing her senior year because her birthday's in the summer. Gabrielle is 17, but isn't in her senior year. Diego is 16, so how can he be in the same class as Bea? Of course,
    you can tell me to change Diego's age to 17 or 18, that he takes PE a class higher, he had a free period and decided to blend in to talk with Bea or something else^^ Just thought I'd note the discrepancy, but don't take that as a reason to quit! Yeah... just saying:s Oh, wasn't your last name Vendrix? … My incessant editing isn’t helping, is it:s

Gabrielle wasn’t sure if Diego was talking to her or Bea, but she was inclined to respond to his question nonetheless. She was like that.

“It wouldn’t be a surprise if I told you, but then again, it isn’t really a surprise…” she said as she stopped at an intersection.

Five sewer pipes connected at the spot and you could tell by the incessant smell. Nobody would want to stay here for long and perhaps it wasn’t the smartest idea to stop here, but Gabrielle didn’t really care. She’d grown accustomed to the smell…

“Do any of you want to fight for something? To work together to become something more and do something important?” Gabrielle said. “If you don’t, turn back now and forget this ever happened.”

Some people immediately nodded, others did so because someone right next to them did. A longing for friendship, a crusher… it could work to the group’s advantage or expose them all.

“This club and everything concerning it is top secret, understand?” Gabrielle said.

Everyone nodded now.

“Can we go now?” someone said. They couldn’t bare the stench anymore.

Gabrielle had gotten used to it because… she’d spent quite some time in it. Without saying anything else, she turned around the corner and started climbing a hidden ladder, all the way to the top. The others got up where Gabrielle waited for them and they looked around. They were in an abandoned factory on the edge of town. Nobody ever came near to the place because people said it was haunted. Were they here to be fed to the ghosts and was this girl their willful, insane pawn? Or were they supposed to bust them by crossing the beams?

“Screw this, I’m outta here,” Sidney, the principal’s son said and made a run for it.

Another person tried to stop him, but Gabrielle said, while thinking the back to the past button better work:

“Leave him. We don’t want to force anyone. For all of you, you either leave now or you stay and keep the secret of the club. Anyone?”

Nobody moved, but they didn’t seem comfortable with the situation, not in the slightest.

“Fine, I’ll turn around, step into that elevator and close my eyes. I won’t open them until we arrive at our destination. Yes, that elevator is in working order. When I say it is.”

Gabrielle did as she said and waited a bit before saying:

“I was thinking to name this group the Garage Kids, seems quite catchy.”

She didn’t hear anything before she pressed the button of the elevator. Was anybody still there? If they were, they were awfully quiet. They arrived and she opened her eyes.

“Go into the machines,” she said. “And let the adventure begin. We’re going to the forest area.”

A dark presence stirred. Finally, this world would tremble before its power.

Gabrielle went up with the elevator and sat down in her chair to begin the ‘virtualization’ process. She pressed the button. This better work. Wait, who had remained with her? People had been virtualized, but what about the others? Were there others?

“If there’s anyone there, head to the tower, there isn’t much time.”

That’s up to any of you! There is tons of material to type for Code Lyoko fans or enthusiasts about the supercomputer, the virtual world, the virtual sea, the dangers of fighting XANA, the enemies (or new ones), their virtual appearance and powers, Gabrielle explaining how Lyoko works and what XANA is, desires, can do and will do if he isn’t stopped (character control allowed to give exposition, didn’t do it in this post because it’s already quite long AND you can accustom what you want Gabrielle to explain to your character’s questions). Most importantly, it’s the group’s first mission, so there will be some adjusting, failing, triumphing and possibly action! Make your way to the tower people!

Note: Those that are doubting, can go fight XANA’s threat in the real world and be subject to the back to the past button, after which those characters can still be convinced to fight as a Garage Kid and have their memory preserved. Or, be a ‘Sissi’ or ‘Jim’ occasional helper as in the original series.

Those that are sure, are virtualized and fight XANA’s monsters. The virtual characters (Halt and Aim) will now be either a threat or have the Aelita lite role (through a semi-random encounter perhaps?).

If there are a lot of Garage Kids, some of them can stay behind on purpose; in real life; to protect Gabrielle or the school (where they have to go to; in the second mission they can be virtualized so their memory is preserved or something) against XANA’s threat, the first one since Halt is finally occupied for some reason and XANA can sneak past him.

Before, the supercomputer was already active (causing XANA and Aelita in the original universe to immediately play the game of creating a threat and countering it with the immediately formed Garage Kids), but the aggressive and extremely powerful ‘Halt’ and Gabrielles efforts disabled XANA’s attacks already in the supercomputer for some time, allowing Gabrielle to gather the Garage Kids in the meantime. The cause that XANA can know launch a threat just in time as the Garage Kids are formed, can be thought up in due time by all of us

DEADLINE in ONE week, unless some people ask for two weeks, but for now I’m trying to minimize the delays, while avoiding triple posting:s

I'll try to explain where I'm going with all of this with a 'dream' of Gabrielle that is out-universe an example of my proposed mix of Gabrielles exposition (character control allowed), being puzzled by the virtual world and their virtualisation and quickly fighting XANA's monsters as they make their way to the tower. In-universe, it's a twisted dream in which Gabrielle wished she could stop XANA all by herself.

“Virtualization process started. It won’t hurt, I think.”

“What do you mean, virtu, you think, what?” Gabrielle said as the cylinder closed around her. How could she trap her, she wanted to be a hero, but now she was forced like this…

“It’s the only way… to save the world. If you really told people what this was all about, none of them would want to leap into danger like that unless they weren’t in their right mind. You saw that they were heroes and they could save everyone if they were given no other option than to fight XANA. Maintaining secrecy to save the world, comes with some deception, lies and trickery.”

Gabrielle closed her eyes as her dark blonde hair flew upwards and she bathed in a white light. Then, she disappeared.

She opened her eyes as the wires formed the rest of her body under her and she became clad in sturdy looking armor. As soon as she was completely formed, she fell down to the ground and she stood up. She was in a forest that stretched as far as the eye could see. Not a creature was stirred, which was another way of saying that it was deadly quiet. Why was that… And why did she get the feeling she wasn’t in the real world anymore.

“This is Lyoko, a virtual world inside a supercomputer that got activated. It contained this beautiful forest area and other habitats, but it also harbored something far more malevolent and powerful. An AI called XANA. Up till now, we managed to subdue it, but as time ran out, it broke through every defense and now it is launching a threat in the real world that will take many lives. Unless you stop him, both here in the virtual world and the real world. You played videogames right? It’s very similar. Don’t fall in the digital sea. Dying devirtualizes you, but it also removes you from this mission so don’t go Rambo on this, it won’t work. Your opponents however, work a little bit different.”

A horde of creatures the size of dogs, but resembling mechanical crabspiders with a peculiar symbol around their big glowing red eye appeared from behind the trees and something told Gabrielle that the glowing red signal was a very bad sign. She looked to her side and saw a weapon. That’s all she needed to know. If anyone dies in the real world, then… What does the back to the past button do… What is virtualization… All that didn’t matter for now, they just had to work together and get to the tower… But that wouldn’t stop people from asking. Who knows, it could offer them unexpected advantages.
    Last edited by Scriptor Scorpio; 2nd April 2013 at 12:02 PM.
    Completed:

Ongoing:

D-Reaper
    Forest Zone

The Forest Zone. For many, it was a flood of green and brown from the multiple trees that covered it's surface. The thick vergatation made it difficult for even the hard core jungler types to get loss and have an *** time navigating. D-Reaper had an even worse time because of his eyes. What looked like green and brown to others was all blue coding for him. However, it also gave him the chance to find anything not part of the territory much easier. For instance, the XANA bots had delicious red coding. Too bad for D-Reaper they didn't bleed that same color of coding, they just died, no challenge. It was better than a tough stringy...human, would it be? D-Reaper's train of thought was inturrepted when he walked straight into a large tree. He growled, and slashed the coding with his scythe. It sent right through the tree, but the coding had been reaped. Suddenly, the structure coding snapped, and the tree become intangible. He continued on his way to the large grey coding of the tower, in order to start his reaping.

Suddenly, a large group of bots rolled out from the forest, knocking down several trees. D-Reaper ran around the trees, and threw his scythe like a boomerang. It cut through the legs of two box XANA bots, before stabbing itself into a large ball that had just started to seperate. Sparks sputtered out from the large ball, but before it could close again, D-Reaper fell upon it again, his scythe cleaving through the helpless victem once more. The ball opened again, but the damage had been done. The ports for the lasers had been closed, and the ball backfired into itself, exploding in a spectacular boom. D-Reaper himself stood in the explosion, letting the billowing flame lick around his form, casting it's shadow across the trees.

The Heart of the Hunters a monster hunter fan fiction with with other ideas thrown in here and there.

Future Projects:

"Is everyone alright?" Gabrielle said.

She hoped more than anything that after all this hassle, the deception she had gone through, these people were still alive and intact, albeit virtual.

"What the heck..." it sounded as someone studied himself and the truth slowly crept in: they weren't in France anymore. "What did you do to us!"

"I'm sorry for not telling you the whole truth, but it was the only way to assure the adults never find out about this, lest they shut off the supercomputer below and everything in it is lost. I need you to go turn off the tower in this forest area, lest XANA destroy our world by releasing a very real threat in it. I"ll explain on the way. This is Lyoko, a virtual world inside a supercomputer that got activated. It contained this beautiful forest area and other habitats, but it also harbored something far more malevolent and powerful. An AI called XANA. Up till now, we managed to subdue it, but as time ran out, it broke through every defense and now it is launching a threat in the real world that will take many lives. Unless you stop him, both here in the virtual world and the real world. You played videogames right? It’s very similar. Don’t fall in the digital sea. Dying devirtualizes you, but it also removes you from this mission so don’t go Rambo on this, it won’t work. Your opponents however, work a little bit different. Destroy them with the weapons your mind chose along with your natural and virtual abilities. I... What is...”

That signal, could it be him? Why had he left the desert area, did it know what was coming?

Then, a horde of creatures the size of dogs, but resembling mechanical crabspiders with a peculiar symbol around their big glowing red eye appeared from behind the trees.

"XANA sent a horde of his programs, resembling unusual monsters, they're very dangerous. He isn't going at us in our first run, not one little bit, so give it all you've got. Hit them in the XANA symbol for critical damage. I'll guide you to the tower."

There was a problem Gabrielle hadn't given enough thought. Once they got to the tower, how were they going to inactivate it. They needed something that could interact with the tower, a virtual program, an entity...
    Completed:

Ongoing:

Aim
    Forest Zone

Quickly but stealthy, Aim traveled quickly through the zone. Something was happening and he was compelled to find the source. He ducked to the side as a large group of Xana’s minions came barreling through the forest towards something. This was different from before, they were not patrolling but in full out assault mode. Along with that were the signs that somewhere a tower had been activated. From his location it was faint and not nearly strong enough to easily pinpoint though the forest was definitely where it was. And he knew if he walked the path enough for him to find it for certain. Maybe this commotion is just what he needed to find his answers.

He abruptly paused, there were several odd beings he never seen. Humanoid like himself, and they did not visibly contain the mark of Xana. Where did they come from; he wondered. This was much like when the D-Reaper appeared here… He couldn’t trust them as they too could be dangerous. Aim crept closer stopping completely in his tracks when he thought one of them had spotted him. They looked to themselves and at one another confused before a voice from someone unknown spoke. She spoke about many things along with Lyoko which was common knowledge to him, but how did that person know such info.

A horde of Krabs popped in and that voice pointed out their weakness with ease as well mentioning the tower… The tower was important to them and Xana so he decided that's where he had to go. Firstly he had to get around them and Xana’s minions. Easier said than done, even with them fighting the chance him sneaking around such a large group without being even a little undetected was slim. Aim would have take it slow and choose his moment… But for now he would carefully follow and observe the people.
    Let's eat Grandma!
    Let's eat, Grandma!
    Commas saves lives.

Say hello to Rascal, he is a naughty little Articuno but he wants to be a true adventurer one day. Feed him lots of spicy berries and help him grow big and stronger.

During tests people:
    Look up for inspiration
    Down in desperation
    Left and right for information

To everyone following this topic, if you're a RPer, participate and if you like this RP, think about joining it.

It could be that everyone's having school work and other stuff to attend to,
    hence why I didn't post for a while as the story can't really continue if nobody posts (except those that have, who have my greatest thanks).

If no Garage Kid is left to RP besides me, I will redistribute the roles amongst the remaining RPers. If even the virtual characters and such don't want to RP anymore, I'll turn this into a fanfic, because otherwise it would become pretty ridiculous. If the silence remains both here and on my profile and in my PM inbox, I'll take it this RP is finished.

I'll contact everyone that was still participating just to be on the safe side, because I'd really hate to see this thread stop so quickly before even picking up steam. That being said, if you procrastinate, well, it seems everybody will follow your lead and procrastinate, leading to no posting being done at all. If you've lost interest, that's okay, but do tell me. If no one at all lets me know anything for a whole week, I'll ask to close this thread, because I myself am done procrastinating if I'm really just postponing the inevitable. If it really is inevitable that is?
    Completed:

Ongoing:

OOC: sorry about not posting, I just kinda of forgot about this RP to be honest. I'll keep going for sure though.

D-Reaper
    Forest Zone

XANA. God damn computer program was up to it's...odd tricks again. D-Reaper sighed in annoyance as the XANA bots began to flood the zone. His vision lit up with an arrey of red codes, all crab bots. D-Reaper scratched himself a little, something in his mind itching a little at their sight. Must be a reflex for him by now. He gave a small sigh, and looked at the tower, debating whether he should purge the area with his code now or later. It was only XANA bots anyway, not like other life forms--

Blam. Right on forsakin cue, a batch, the exact number being hard to discern, appeared. They looked confused, which was D-Reaper's saving grace for the moment, when a voice spoke to them. It sounded so familiar,but it caused his body to shake. Was it anticipation? Fear? Anger? A combination of them all? D-Reaper couldn't remember, but he felt a sting for sure. He climbed a tree quickly, and looked over the three...four? Aother caught his eye, and he peered down from his tree to the form. He gripped his scythe, and crouched down. He needed to speak his mind, now. "I warned you!" He roared in the echoed sound of his mask "I told you to stay back! And now, they'll pay the price! I'll send them to the Data Sea, while you sit hopelessly in your chair!" He didn't know who he was addressing, but his body told him to be angry, to be mad at their presence, and that the voice was at fault. He stayed in the tree though, and waited for XANA to come by first.

Future Projects:

Nancy Stone

Nancy stumbled out of class, her mind shot, her attention span spent, and her freedom finally calling her out into the yard where several pinic tables were filled with other students like herself.

She sat down at one of said tables and laid her forehead on it.
    "School..." she groaned, "Why don't you have anything interesting for me to do!"

She took a few deep breaths before throwing her bookbag up onto the table.
    I've been here for what, a week? I need something to hold my attention here.

"Maybe I can join a book club or something." Nancy murmured to herself as she burrowed inside her backpack to find a directory of all the numbers of the school. Something they had given her, but she had neglected until now.

"Now where to find a group of friends would be a good place to start."

________

Yes, YES, I know, horrible post is horrible. Truth be told, I'm not exactly sure what to do since I believe everyone else is in the data world at this time. I'm sure I'll get the hang of it later, but yes, absolutely sorry for this horribly written post DX
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Credit goes to FairyWitch at Flower Paradise Graphics

Fanfic Status: Currently postponed-- Kingdom Hearts: Memories' Reflection. Last updated 8/17/13

I'll be getting right on making sure there are enough Garage kids and stuff, but for those that can and want to RP (Raiden193, Samantha Sparks, DVB and ansem the wise, as the virtual characters are set and waiting for Garage Kids to interact with and Cometstarlight being supportive for now) and those that want the insight I've been stupidly delaying, here it is^^ No spoilers for now and do correct me if I got someone's name, plot, intention, ideas, etc. wrong or you want to add or substract something.

Code Lyoko: Opposing Forces: Plotlines

I’ll first say everything I can think of about the setting, drawing from the show as well any ideas that I’ve gotten so far from myself and all the RPers. You can skip this block if you already know all that.

All the main characters go to Kadic which is a boarding school near Paris, although some students don’t live on campus. It has also recently seen an influx of students from foreign countries, perhaps to improve its image. The female principal’s son goes to the school (male counterpart to Sissi, with the principal being the female counterpart to Delmas) and there is one known gym teacher (female counterpart to Jim).
    The ‘origin’ of Aelita, Jeremy and Franz Hopper counterparts can be markedly different as can their personalities and backstory. XANA’s origin is linked to the Franz Hopper counterpart or whatever creator or origin it has.
    The old factory just outside of town is said to be abandoned and now haunted (skeptics prefer ‘unsafe as a slowly crumbling structure and having infrastructure prone to malfunction at the worst possible moment’). Everyone thinks none of the machines even work anymore, but it actually has a much greater secret than some rusty machines and a putrid smell coming from the sewers: it houses an amazing, nuclear powered supercomputer (or so we think), a monitoring port showing a map of ‘Lyoko’ from which you control the three ‘virtualization chambers’ in a separate room and an elevator somehow being powered to run and connecting all the rooms at the push of a button. Because of the stories surrounding the factory, next to nobody dares come near it and thus never discovered what it’s been hiding for all these years. Using the sewers, people can reach it descending down a manhole near Kadic and continuing underground on foot or using a bike, skateboard, scoot and so on, though there might be other entrances and exits.
    The mysterious supercomputer, when turned on, not only maintains a virtual world that houses a malevolent AI named XANA, out to destroy the world and all those who know of its existence, but it also oddly allows the AI to access the network of a large area around Kadic to wreak havoc on anyone unfortunate to be caught in the middle. Naturally, the Kadic students discovering it don’t really like that and set out to stop it.
    This easy hacking feature is presumed to be a part of the virtualization process the supercomputer uses to bring real people into its virtual world named Lyoko when instructed, or get people or things out or into the city’s grid. Presumably, this wasn’t a feature added for simple videogaming fun.
    Gabrielle somehow discovered the supercomputer and realized the threat XANA could be as soon as Halt fails to stop it from activating a ‘tower’, basically a means to access the supercomputer’s more powerful processes
    (later including the then unprotected ‘return to the past’ program, which allows one to turn back time so only people who have been virtualized remember what happened during XANA’s attack; it can’t revive the dead though),
    but can’t shut the supercomputer down or else the seemingly sentient characters in it will never get out (or that is at least the reason she comes to tell the Garage Kids), including XANA, who is seemingly trying to force Gabrielle’s hand.
    Realizing she can’t do this on her own, she tries to find people she can trust and get the job done: saving the world from XANA, as she figures out how to safely shut down the supercomputer. How much she knows about Halt, Aim and XANA is unknown. Care has to be taken, as when you’re virtualized and ‘killed’, you just devirtualize and return to the real world, but when you fall in the Digital Sea, your essence is lost forever.

The main plotline is about Gabrielle struggling to get a competent and trustworthy team together and them getting along so they can understand what Lyoko really is (as she thrusts them right into danger without much explanation at first, for fear they’d never go in if they knew the risks beforehand) and they become willing to be heroes and to fight against XANA and his forces as she assists them as an ‘operator’ or mission control. The threats manifest in both the virtual and the real world (where the threat usually manifest as something technological or electrical with increasing power and abilities); as the latter try to destroy the Garage Kids and the rest of the world and the innocent people the Garage Kids know or don’t know. And hopefully they win against XANA who has been gathering his own human (?) forces…

The current first virtual mission has as objectives: form the Garage Kids as a team, get them to work together, make sure they do their best to defeat XANA, ally with Aim to succeed in shutting down the tower and ‘return to the past’.
    To set that ‘team’ thing up, I created some monsters moving to the Garage Kids’ position for them to fight and find out where they are, what they can do in their Lyoko forms and who the others are (though you can focus on your own character’s fighting and thoughts).

If I’m forgetting something, let me know. Besides them getting their name, maybe it’ll be something different, we decide^^ it’s our alternate universe really.

For the different characters…

Halt’s plotline is tied directly to his origin and powers. As such, they’re huge spoilers for anyone and will be part of a reveal that Gabrielle and Halt will allude to (and Scriptor Scorpio and deltakurumiru4 will discuss, though suggestions, requests and more pressingly, demands can be made by anyone).

Aim’s plotline involves allying himself (if I’m not mistaken) with the Garage Kids to shut down the towers XANA activates, possibly for protection. A possible origin, reveal or personal plotline isn’t set in stone yet and will probably grow as the RP continues.

Nancy is a supporting character at first, meeting and then helping Gabrielle with all the coding and programming needed for the Lyoko missions. In time, she will be trusted with the Garage Kids’ secret and join their ranks.

Bea, InnerFlame’s possible second character, Scriptor Scorpio’s possible second character and Diego are the Garage Kids for now, first struggling to work together or understand why Gabrielle had to trick them into entering Lyoko to save the world. I’m trying to get a word from DVB if he wants to continue RPing Diego. All these characters can develop their own storylines and relationships. Do mind character control and asking people for permission and stuff.

For now, it’s unlikely Samantha Sparks and ansem the wise can, will or want to participate in the RP. That being said, inviting new people to sign up (they don’t get accepted just because they’re friends) is appreciated, but not necessary. Looking at Code Lyoko, as well as the concept of there being opposing forces, we can create characters like classmates, love interests, friends not in on the secret that are merely side characters in terms of having to control them and of course rivals or other people who are secretly allied with XANA.
    Completed:

Ongoing:

Spoiler:- Scriptor Scorpio (second character)-Violet Rayson :

Introducing a second character to ensure we have enough Garage Kids, since even if DVB will post again, together with a possible second character by InnerFlame, we’d only have four fighters, an operator, Cometstarlight’s character Nancy being supporting in the beginning and two virtual characters which is just a little bit more than the original universe’s team. Seeing as we normally have opposing forces, I figure having Violet along with three other fighters (or two if DVB can’t post anymore or InnerFlame’s second character is a work in progress) is enough to start out with. Maybe Nancy and/or Gabrielle can fight further down the line or we get more RPers (for example for XANA’s fighters) and we shouldn’t forget the virtual characters, where Aim will be an Aelita lite and so an important part of the team. Halt’s storyline is more puzzling for now^^

Now, as a lead-in to really get across how we’re going about it like the original, but doing our own thing with the alternate universe we created, here’s Violet’s first post, who can interact with Gabrielle as mission control like everyone else, though not with too much character control.

Violet had been intrigued as to why they’d come here. Were they still in the factory? She didn’t trust that big girl one bit, but she longed to show people what she could do. And it seemed nice someone would talk to her… No, no of course not, not that blonde chick, she looked frigid and boring. But hold on…

"Is everyone alright?" it sounded, but Violet unconsciously ignored it, muttering ‘blonde chick’ to herself.

Violet looked around her and saw the lush forest which somehow seemed… off. As if nature forgot to wash it brush before it painted the next part of the décor. Everything seemed kind of muddled, angled even, like a videogame. Odd, very very odd. She looked down to her arms and body and she saw she was wearing a winter coat, like the one she wore back in Canada. What was going on, some random pervert switching her clothes? Had she been dreaming of her going to Kadic and then the dream took a turn for the worse? She looked at creepy insectoids approaching along with multiple big red crab creatures that stood high above them. Oh yeah, she was definitely having a nightmare, but she could handle even those.

Violet lunged forward, the others the blonde had invited looked on confused, as she kicked one of the insectoid creatures in the face and off the edge. She looked down for a moment, seemingly standing on a floating platform over a void went on forever, with nothing to save yourself if you fell in, safe for the trees that were way larger than they could be in real life, even when compared to giant sequoias. What was this place?

Violet quickly went on to fight more of the creatures. This was fun, she thought as the voice she’d been hearing got through to her.

"I'm sorry for not… whole truth… only way… adults never find out… shut off… computer… everything… lost. I need you … go turn off… tower in this forest… lest XANA destroy our world by releasing a very real threat in it.”

And another one down, wow, gotta watch out for those crab things, Violet thought as she jumped and hid behind a rock. She heard a strange sound, looked around the tree, then quickly hid again as a red energy shot narrowly hit one of her hairs.

“Explain… This is Lyoko, a virtual world... contained this… but it also harbored something far more malevolent and powerful. An AI called XANA. Up till now, we managed to subdue it… now it is launching a threat in the real world that will take many lives. Unless you stop him, both here in the virtual world and the real world. You played videogames right? It’s very similar. Don’t fall in the digital sea. Dying devirtualizes you, but it also removes you from this mission so don’t go Rambo on this, it won’t work. Your opponents however, work a little bit different. Destroy them with the weapons your mind chose along with your natural and virtual abilities. I... What is... XANA sent a horde of his programs, resembling unusual monsters, they're very dangerous. He isn't going to spare us in our first run, not one little bit, so give it all you've got. Hit them in the XANA symbol for critical damage. I'll guide you to the tower."

All the explanation by Gabrielle, the blonde chick, had been slowly unwinding in Violet’s mind, as if she’d been studying the recordings of a news report hours later. Hit the symbol, huh? In an instant, Violet disappeared. She wanted to ask why, but changed her mind before she moved her lips. Instead, she jumped right on the big red crab creature, pulled out a strange-looking knife she’d seen ninjas use in films and ran it through the symbol on the crab’s plated head before she jumped off and it exploded in neat little bits of data. The whole thing seemed rather odd for a dream, but there was no time to waste, if the blonde was to be believed, more nightmarish creatures were approaching and the tower she mentioned loomed in the distance. They had to hurry.

“Guys, this way!” Violet yelled.

I shortened Gabrielle’s dialogue to keep the size of the post acceptable, hopefully. You can ask Gabrielle directions and stuff. When in doubt, think about what the Garage Kids would ask Jeremy or what he would notice before they would^^
    Last edited by Scriptor Scorpio; 10th July 2013 at 6:26 PM.
    Completed:

Ongoing:

D-Reaper
    Forest Zone

Hmm....the Reaper pursed his hidden mouth into an amused expression. This person intrigued him. Green data formed what seemed to be an overflow over her, but at the time, hid a code underneath. A bright flash appeared around a short stocky batch, and the XANA bots pain coding reacted with flare. She had the ability to create what seems to be an electric discharge, as well as form it around her coding arm. Again the Reaper looked to the angel wing on his scythe, and felt more longing and confusion. The face he could see in his mind...who was she? Where was she? Why did he need to see her again?

D-Reaper shook his head to clear it, and focus on the girl. He spun his scythe around in a few short circles, as she continued to remove the bots. As much as he hated the annoying XANA influence, these....kids...needed to be crushed as well. As the rest of the green coded group stayed back, or followed the girl, he began to leap from blue coded branch to branch, wanting for a chance to mess them up. He dashed ahead, and cut several of the trees ahead. Each one remained standing, but he went in an erratic fashion. The trees he did cut lost the ability to repulse anything coming into them, meaning anyone could pass through. Using this, he hid inside one, and waited in ambush for a weak member of the green codes to become apprent.

Future Projects:

Béatrice Éclat
    Forest Zone

Bea was surrounded by a lush, green forest.

... Well, no, not exactly lush.

The trees around her seemed pretty lifelike, but one couldn't help but feel that they had an odd polygonal texture to them. Perhaps it was just her, but as someone spoke up, it soon became evident that this sight was seen by everyone.

"What the heck..." it sounded as someone studied himself and the truth slowly crept in: they weren't in France anymore. "What did you do to us!"

"I'm sorry for not telling you the whole truth, but it was the only way to assure the adults never find out about this, lest they shut off the supercomputer below and everything in it is lost."

Okay, now the situation made less sense than it already did. Since Gabrielle looked like she would be talking for a while, Bea put on her thinking cap. Supercomputer... so this is some sort of... online RPG? Assuming the "supercomputer" was part of some ridiculous backstory, Bea had even more ridiculous thoughts. "I need you to go turn off the tower in this forest area, lest XANA destroy our world by releasing a very real threat in it." Ah, a virtual world setting? Well, the scanner from before seemed pretty like-like, so... "I"ll explain on the way. This is Lyoko, a virtual world inside a supercomputer that got activated." Yes, virtual world plotline. It still did not phase Bea that this world had physical repurcussions on the real world. "It contained this beautiful forest area and other habitats, but it also harbored something far more malevolent and powerful. An AI called XANA."

This backstory wasn't as elaborate as she had thought, but it was still quite a bit to take in from one person. She was going to nonchalantly twiddle her hair, only to find that it was now spiraling above her head.

"...Wow." What's more, her usual attire had been changed into some kind of full-plated battle armour. Wow, snazzy. And her boobs... "My boobs are... amazing!"

"Destroy them with the weapons your mind chose along with your natural and virtual abilities. I... What is...”

Returning back to the lecture, Bea heard something about weapons. Seeing as she didn't have one on hand, she closed her eyes and tried to conjure something out of thin air.

Clear..." the word rolled off her tongue. "Clear... ...?" Soon after, she found herself digging through her bag for her story journal. She flipped to an untitled page full of random doodles and words. Bringing out a purple pen as well, she placed the tip on a doodle of a giant hammer. "Clear... clear... hammer... weapon... fight... world..."
    A weight in her left hand. Her body suddenly dipping to the side. Bea opening her eyes. Discovering the giant hammer in her hand. It was nothing short of...

"AWESOME!!"

Filled with the immediate desire to smash something, she ran towards a weird robot, albeit somewhat sluggishly; the hammer still had some weight to it, it wasn't like Thor's hammer. Though, she could probably get used to it in time. Stopping short of the robot's pincers, she let out a battle cry ("HELL YEEAAHH!!") and swung down on the strange symbol on the crab's body. She ended up smashing more than just the symbol, but the crapspider still died, so hey, victory!

"With another slain, I am much closer to reaching Valhalla. Or perhaps Fólkvangr? Hahahaha- aaahh..."

She had let herself get carried away, didn't she?

"I let myself get carried away, didn't I?"

She was now a good distance to the side of the group. Raising her hammer as some sort of shield, she tried to make her way back to the group.

Gabrielle looked at the screen, dumbstruck as she saw a few dots prancing around like drunk boxers. This wasn’t at all what she’d expected, but then again, it was a lot to take in. Nevertheless, some of the fighters seemed quite capable at dispatching enemy units.

“You wanna piece of me, huh?” Violet said as she flung her tanto around like she was a dancer of sorts.

The crab creatures looked at each other for a moment, then began firing at Violet who took two hits before retreating.

“Ohw ohw ohw ohw, that felt real!” she said.

"With another slain, I am much closer to reaching Valhalla. Or perhaps Fólkvangr? Hahahaha…” a girl with blonde curls said as she ran by.

“What in the…” Violet muttered before she shrugged and returned to the others.

She narrowly dodged an attack from another crab creature and growled at it but it just looked at her with blank white eyes before another laser beam formed right in front of it. It fired.

“Wow, not that again, I don’t like that at all!” Violet said.

Okay so, obviously how I usually get people to back off isn’t working, she thought. I guess I have to use this little thing I guess… Violet held out the tanto that crackled with electricity, eyed the crab creature and threw the tanto right in the eyes, as they were really close together. The big dumb insect collapsed and disappeared into digital pieces before Violet realized she’d just thrown away her only weapon. As she did so, she held up her hand and the tanto came flying towards her before sticking to her hand like a fridge magnet.

“Okay, cool,” Violet said.

A voice emanated above the group.

“Don’t get hit or you’ll lose life points and you don’t have extra lives. We need every hand we can get to get to that tower… Hold on, more monsters spawned. Hornets! Erm, flying creatures, very fast, very dangerous. Take them out before they take you out,” Gabrielle said.

Did she say that alright? Not too pedantic, not too complicated? Yeah, probably. A lot of blips were appearing on the way towards the tower. But the strange signal was gone. Was there too much interference from digital structures? What was he going to do and if it was bad, what was Gabrille going to do about it? She had to prepare her contingency plan if they were to succeed at any cost.

“So we gotta go to that tower, but we gotta work together, so, who’s with me?” Violet said posing as intimidating as possible. And since she had a lot of experience in such a matter when involved with humans… But scaring off people was different from getting them to pull together on something.

So, we're gonna charge towards the tower and defeat some Hornets^^ and stuff... Did I forget something?

Btw, what's up with some of the usernames xD?
    Completed:

Ongoing:

Béatrice Éclat
    Forest Zone

“Don’t get hit or you’ll lose life points and you don’t have extra lives. We need every hand we can get to get to that tower…" This phased Bea as particularly odd. The way this Gabrielle mentioned the absence of extra lives made it seem like there were no respawn points to be found. Very intriguing. "Hold on, more monsters spawned. Hornets! Erm, flying creatures, very fast, very dangerous. Take them out before they take you out,”

"Yesyes, flying creatures may be more complicated to exterminate, given the physical limitations of this trusty hammer. Hm."

Bea was adjusting to her "role" really well.

“So we gotta go to that tower, but we gotta work together, so, who’s with me?”

"Hoh, you speak with power, madam. I shall guard the rear."

Really, really well.

As she said she would, Bea moved to the back of the group; from there she would be able to take down crapspiders that were trailing behind them, and perhaps the occasional hornet that her allies might miss.

"Well, if I had a sword, this might be a sh!t more bowy- a bit more showy, but this hammer is what has been endowed unto me, so with this hammer I shall charge on! Hm, that felt too long. Whatever." As she said the last bit, a crapspider took a slice at her leg ("Ghaa?!") and she dodged by leaping backward, falling on her rump. "Dammit!" she cried as her grip on her hammer loosened... and hit the crapspider square on the symbol.

... ... ...

"Yeeaaah, definitely not taking anymore chances." Deciding to experiment with her hammer some more, she putt a robot into another one. Perhaps she though this would destroy both of them, but the attack had no such effect. "Well that didn't work out." she muttered as she clicked her tongue and resorted to smashing them both squarely on the XANA symbol. It felt like whack-a-mole with a heavier hammer.

"This feels like whack-a-mole with a heavier hammer!"

She said what she was thinking.
    Last edited by Pir8Heart; 11th July 2013 at 10:00 AM.

Closed on request.