Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why hasn't Snivy changed at all since her debut?

Default Why hasn't Snivy changed at all since her debut?

I just realised that her gender and 3 of her moves were revealed in her debut episode, and then her final move was revealed a few episodes later. But she hasn't evolved or learned any moves, and I don't recall her character being developed all that much.

I can understand something like Palpitoad not changing much, because we never see the darn thing, but we see Snivy fairly often.

Thoughts?

Probably because the writing in BW is generally poor. Ash's Unova team is poorly handled in every area, not just Snivy.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Probably because the writing in BW is generally poor. Ash's Unova team is poorly handled in every area, not just Snivy.
    Pignite and Pikachu have been handled pretty well... but yeah you're right

Agreed, giving Ash so many pokemon and barely developing any of them was a bad idea.

As for why Snivy itself isn't developing? Who knows, its probably the writers way of doing a bad copy of Kanto with the starter forms.

Agreed, giving Ash so many pokemon and barely developing any of them was a bad idea.

As for why Snivy itself isn't developing? Who knows, its probably the writers way of doing a bad copy of Kanto with the starter forms.
    Completely agreed. I like Pignite's development as well as Sewaddle's though.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

Snivy worked, so the writers saw no reason to change her.

Why fix what isn t broken?

Quote Originally Posted by An00bis View Post
    Snivy worked, so the writers saw no reason to change her.
    She's becoming more of a Brock than anything. Static Personality.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Why fix what isn t broken?
    A character that never changes or reveals anything new is a broken character. Even Ash has changed since BW001, and he's the character who hasn't developed at all since the original series.

Snivy simply has too much screen time for a static character. Most of his other Unova Pokémon and even Pikachu have gone through some sort of change over the series. I think Palpitoad is the only one who has gotten nothing, but like I said before that's fine because he only exists for specific battles and isn't part of the core cast.

Because the writers have run out of ideas. no seriously, BW hasn't been all that great so far.
    Happiny is awesome

Bands and artists I like at the moment:
    Radiohead
    Muse
    Boards Of Canada
    The Beatles
    Bjork
    Aphex Twin
    Nine Inch Nails
    Vampire Weekend
    Lady Gaga
    Gorillaz
    Brian Eno
    Coldplay

I just wish Ash would evolve his Pokemon, it's pretty lame when he's taking out Roxie's pokemon with his little guys. And even though Water is super effective against rock I was annoyed by how Ash's Oshawott and Dawn's Piplup just suddenly smoked all the Onix and had them running scared.
    X FC 1650 1536 9669

Quote Originally Posted by stylesbk View Post
    I just wish Ash would evolve his Pokemon, it's pretty lame when he's taking out Roxie's pokemon with his little guys. And even though Water is super effective against rock I was annoyed by how Ash's Oshawott and Dawn's Piplup just suddenly smoked all the Onix and had them running scared.
    don't see how it is lame at all

Well I guess considering she's 3rd gym leader it kind of makes sense his pokemon wouldn't be evloved yet but still by the end of the season they'll prolly make one evolve only.
    X FC 1650 1536 9669

Quote Originally Posted by SlimeStack View Post
    I just realised that her gender and 3 of her moves were revealed in her debut episode, and then her final move was revealed a few episodes later. But she hasn't evolved or learned any moves, and I don't recall her character being developed all that much.

I can understand something like Palpitoad not changing much, because we never see the darn thing, but we see Snivy fairly often.

Thoughts?
    Changed how? Oh, you mean when it comes to attacks. Well, I really don't care about that. I just wanted it to evolve atleast once. They could still keep her same attitude but if she evolved than her moves would change automatically.

My ideal battle ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    Changed how? Oh, you mean when it comes to attacks. Well, I really don't care about that. I just wanted it to evolve atleast once. They could still keep her same attitude but if she evolved than her moves would change automatically.
    I mean attacks, evolutionary form and personality. She's the exact same on all fronts as she was when she debuted. It's not like Snivy's personality has to change, I'd just like to know more about her. Revealing a new side to her would be something new and what I am calling a change in this context.

She probably hasn't changed since the writers like how she currently is.

She's becoming more of a Brock than anything. Static Personality.
    Brock worked for over a decade, mainly because what personality he had was (largely) inoffensive.

Snivy takes her personality from a common character archtype, and has a decent inventory of moves.

Just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by *futachimaru* View Post
    Because the writers have run out of ideas. no seriously, BW hasn't been all that great so far.
    Lol, what? Even though BW has been all about trying new ideas and not sticking to all the old ones, and that's what's been whined about for all this time?

I guess for you, "running out of ideas" means "not exactly replicating how Diamond/Pearl was written."

Quote Originally Posted by AgentPierce View Post
    Lol, what? Even though BW has been all about trying new ideas and not sticking to all the old ones, and that's what's been whined about for all this time?

I guess for you, "running out of ideas" means "not exactly replicating how Diamond/Pearl was written."
    I agree. People can hate on BW all they want but the excuse that BW has run out of ideas is one of the most complaints I have heard. You may not like BW but don't blame it for being something it's not which is a predictable saga.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    I agree. People can hate on BW all they want but the excuse that BW has run out of ideas is one of the most complaints I have heard. You may not like BW but don't blame it for being something it's not which is a predictable saga.
    The handling of Ash's BW team has been horrible though, regardless of what else BW improved.

The handling of Ash's BW team has been horrible though, regardless of what else BW improved.
    But that's not even that important when it comes to watching a TV show. How much of the audience do you think actually cares about that?

Snivy has been handled good all the way up until Iris had battled with it. Other than that it was the only pokemon I thought was handled the best.

My ideal battle ever!

Ash had too many pokemon to give each of them enough screen time to develop their personality. Snivy was one of the lucky few who managed to get a decent amount of screen time. however, we still don't know much about it's background and it still hasn't... become more developed or at least not enough. Each pokemon has it's own personality (in the anime) and each one needs that to come through. snivy's sort of has, but at least it has more than palpitoad.

Always watching. Always waiting. Never truly at peace in a realm of its own.
    Giratina will return....someday.

Quote Originally Posted by AgentPierce View Post

What's wrong with you hating on DP -.-

BW has good ideas, but there are too many flaws with them. Like how the rotational team was great idea, but it was handled horribly.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

It's not just snivy.

Hardly any of Ash's BW pokemon have progressed. A few have evolved, and a few learnt some good moves but thats it. The writers have completely forgotten about them.
    Happiny is awesome

Bands and artists I like at the moment:
    Radiohead
    Muse
    Boards Of Canada
    The Beatles
    Bjork
    Aphex Twin
    Nine Inch Nails
    Vampire Weekend
    Lady Gaga
    Gorillaz