Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: S P I R I T [Discussion Thread]

Default S P I R I T [Discussion Thread]

Approved by Kamotz

S P I R I T

SPIRIT Sign-Up Thread
    SPIRIT RPG Thread

The supernatural: goblins, ghouls, demons, beasts, and even the mythological. They dwell within their own realm, or at least that’s how it used to be. The supernatural belong in the realm of Mystonia. It’s a vast and open world, full of creatures that can’t be explained by modern science. They’re extraordinary and pose a threat to humans. Lately, there have been more encounters and occurrences of creatures believed not to exist. Accounts have been very minimal, but now they’re at an all-time high, becoming much more frequent. After numerous investigations, it has been discovered that the realm of Mystonia has been slowly opening into the realm where the humans reign, referred to as the Worldly realm where Earth exists. This Earth, however, is in a Pangaea-like state.

The creatures that have been crossing over have been spreading fear and mayhem across the world. Some lie dormant and hide in the shadows, while others attack in public, wanting to be known. Not a single kind hearted, divine, or righteous supernatural being is left. They have all been corrupted and are being manipulated to aid in the sudden attack on humans for mischief and plain evil doings. The growing fear among the people has caused them to react. Some have tried fighting back, but they were no match. The supernatural beings were too strong for ordinary humans. It seemed that the only way to retaliate the paranormal would be to be paranormal as well. In the world there have been natural occurrences of not so natural phenomena. For instance, there are humans who naturally have powers, or gain powers later in their life. These humans were the last hope in combating the supernatural. The problem was that there was so few, and they were scattered. This is where the government came into play.

In response to the sudden surge of encounters, an organization has been created by the central government of the world in order to stop these cases. The name of that organization, The Supernatural Phenomena Investigators and Researchers in Terror, or popularly referred to as SPIRIT. The government was aware of the natural occurrences of paranormal humans. They had been researching the subject for years. They started to organization with them in mind, and the group would be comprised of special humans who have shown to demonstrate extraordinary powers. To find the recruits the central government sent out a public announcement for the whole world to hear:

“We ask that all people who have discovered an unexplained and special gift within themselves please enroll into the SPIRIT program. We need your help in combating the supernatural and we need heroes to step up, now. It’s your chance to help the world against these beings. Contact us at our headquarters for more information and begin today.”

The central government was desperate, and so were the people. Soon enough, individuals began to show up at the headquarters. At first there were few, but then others began to join. There’s still aren’t many, but now the organization is up and running. Their goal is to capture and detain any supernatural beings in the Worldly Realm. These beings are then to be sent back to their own realm, where they will remain after being sealed. Leading scientists have created all sorts of new technology that has made much of the operations possible, such as the travel between realms. This allows the investigators of the SPIRIT team to travel to Mystonia. All supernatural beings will be brought back and sealed to the place from which they came, but travel in Mystonia can be rigorous. The scientists have also created new technology that will aid in the conflict between the teams and supernaturals. Production is slow and new tools are occasionally introduced.

You will be a new addition to the Elite Team in the SPIRIT organization. Only the highly skilled extraordinary humans are allowed into the group. You will be led by the leaders, Cynthia Viridian and Lucas Kendall, in the procedure of capturing and returning the supernatural beings.

Spoiler:- Map of Earth/Worldly Realm:

~CHARACTERS~ [TEAMS]

- Cynthia Viridian (SenorLaughsaLot)
    - Lucas "Luke" Kendall (SenorLaughsaLot)

Felicja Łukaszewicz / "Feliciana Luca" (*Jean Grey*)
    Andrea Bellamy/Andrew Stone (Monster Guy)
    Bruce Penner "Dr. Penner" (Sheps)
    Stella Paris Stilton "Orange Shield" (Samantha Sparks)
    Halt Jones "Hunter" (deltakurumiru4)
    Leonardo "Leo" Silverstone "Lucky Star" (Monster Guy)
    Alexis Cobalt "Colby" Stilton III "Purple Sword" (Samantha Sparks)
    Lucrezia "Lucy" Stark (Elysian)

~RULES AND STUFF~

I am GM and *Jean Grey* is Co-GM.

1) No bunnying: I will occasionally do this in order to perform a certain action (mainly travel), but I will try to keep it at a minimum.

2) Try not to over-power your character: *Note* Cynthia and Luke may seem powerful, but they are leaders. Although, I don't plan on having them do everything. They will rely on the others, a lot.* If you have any big problems about any character's powers, including mine, warn me.

3) BE ACTIVE: Remember the Inactivity Rule!

4) No double-posting: I really don't like double posts...

5) Follow all of Serebii's Forum rules: Of course.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Supernatural Encounters: Here I'll keep track of the beasts and creatures encountered throughout the story!

Spoiler:- Supernatural Encounters:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alright, here we can discuss what's happening in the RPG, and how to approach it. You can also ask about the supernatural being introduced, and suggest some as well. Anything (related) is open for discussion!
    Last edited by SenorLaughsaLot; 21st April 2013 at 9:55 AM.

[Not Made by Me]

As amazing as Leo's luck powers are, they're practically useless in a fight unless someone hits him first. :P

Why not give him weapons (unless you want to stick to him finding weapons, or something) and some (trained) combat skills? He might just be best working with a partner then.

[Not Made by Me]

Just saying I'm posting tonight. Been a bit busy with the show so sorry about that.
    Evicted From Home = Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Sheps View Post
    Just saying I'm posting tonight. Been a bit busy with the show so sorry about that.
    That's alright. I may update tonight, too.

[Not Made by Me]

Quote Originally Posted by SenorLaughsaLot View Post
    Why not give him weapons (unless you want to stick to him finding weapons, or something) and some (trained) combat skills? He might just be best working with a partner then.
    Luck powers are veeery easy to over-power... I needed to give him some kind of weakness.

I did consider the combat skills, but what's he gonna do, kick a Giant in the face? xD

Well, he could get lucky and end up hitting the right place. xD

Finally we have a discussion thread.

Expect so much Luke/Cameron spam XD

I was actually planning on Cameron sending the giant into the air and having it be speared by a tree...

I look sugary and sweet, but in reality I'm just hollow and rotten.
    Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Guy View Post
    Luck powers are veeery easy to over-power... I needed to give him some kind of weakness.

I did consider the combat skills, but what's he gonna do, kick a Giant in the face? xD

Well, he could get lucky and end up hitting the right place. xD
    How about, every time his powers induce luck, it induces a bit of bad luck at times? Dunno. ._.

Well, Giants aren't the only things he'll fight, so combat would be good either way. Plus, he can. Colby can help him fly. XD Like I said, he might be best partnered.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Requiem View Post
    Finally we have a discussion thread.

Expect so much Luke/Cameron spam XD

I was actually planning on Cameron sending the giant into the air and having it be speared by a tree...
    I was going to put it in my next post so everyone could know, but some of you guys found it. :P It's on your feeds though, so the others will have to find it.

That sounds difficult with water. ._. After my update, the supernaturals can finally be defeated, I didn't want them dead just yet, I want some stuff to happen. :P

[Not Made by Me]

How about, every time his powers induce luck, it induces a bit of bad luck at times? Dunno. ._.

Well, Giants aren't the only things he'll fight, so combat would be good either way. Plus, he can. Colby can help him fly. XD Like I said, he might be best partnered.

Don't worry, I've used these powers before, and it worked out alright. xD

And yes, he would.

Ah! I thought you needed help editing his powers. :P

You're set then. XD

[Not Made by Me]

Hmm... I do have a lot of suggestions for supernatural encounters in the future, such as Lovecraftian horrors, Shinto myths, yokai, and the trinity of Hel, Jormungand and Fenrir.

Hmm... it's funny how one team is generally male, and the other generally-female, if you count traps and reverse-traps as their true genders.

Say, I wonder, will there be any Legendary Weapons that will be obtained by the teams in the later parts of the RP? For example, the Amano no Marakumo no Tsurugi pulled out from the Yamata-no-Orochi's body, or an Excalibur pulled out from some stone.
    Please help my dragons

Hmm, I would love for Cameron to obtain the Gungir. I also have a few suggestions, Undines, Faeries, and the like.

THat's true, and the leaders are the gender indicator....

Other weapons I'd like to see is the Aegis Shield, Mjolnir, Death's Scythe, and others. Hmm, I would love to see the appearance of Cait Siths.

I look sugary and sweet, but in reality I'm just hollow and rotten.
    Tumblr

Well, I will need some help sometimes, but yeah, I'm good for now. xD

Anyway, I posted. Leo kicked a giant's face, then apologizes.

Here are Andrea/Andy's Tekteks. Don't ask me how she gets all that hair underneath a wig. xD

And Leo.

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha Sparks View Post
    Hmm... I do have a lot of suggestions for supernatural encounters in the future, such as Lovecraftian horrors, Shinto myths, yokai, and the trinity of Hel, Jormungand and Fenrir.

Hmm... it's funny how one team is generally male, and the other generally-female, if you count traps and reverse-traps as their true genders.

Say, I wonder, will there be any Legendary Weapons that will be obtained by the teams in the later parts of the RP? For example, the Amano no Marakumo no Tsurugi pulled out from the Yamata-no-Orochi's body, or an Excalibur pulled out from some stone.
    Trust me, I plan on looking into a lot of mythology. If you read Cynthia's sign-up, she encountered Fenrir.

Heh, I just noticed that. I based it on who I thought would go good together. XD I also tried to keep similar powered people on different teams, and people with two characters split, and so on...

Hmm, not sure about that right now.

[Not Made by Me]

Damn you ninjas!

Sirens would be funny to see, but I don't know how those with male characters would feel about it.

Trust me, I plan on looking into a lot of mythology. If you read Cynthia's sign-up, she encountered Fenrir.

Heh, I just noticed that. I based it on who I thought would go good together. XD I also tried to keep similar powered people on different teams, and people with two characters split, and so on...

Hmm, not sure about that right now.
    And...she hates wolves because of that. XD Guess she didn't read "Feliciana"'s file too well. XD

~ Signature under Construction ~

| Lucian and Grimsley are mine. Touch and I will cut you. | That also applies to Houndoom. | Clock: Equal-To-Heaven |

Quote Originally Posted by *Jean Grey* View Post
    And...she hates wolves because of that. XD Guess she didn't read "Feliciana"'s file too well. XD
    I didn't really go into detail on how she feels about anybody right now. She is a bounty hunter, so she'll have to keep an eye on Halt, and then hate Feli for having a wolf transformation. Let's just say, she despises her in the back of her mind. XD I was going to have her say something about her transformation on my next post though.

[Not Made by Me]

~ Signature under Construction ~

| Lucian and Grimsley are mine. Touch and I will cut you. | That also applies to Houndoom. | Clock: Equal-To-Heaven |

Oh-ho. A tropes page.
    Hmmm... wonder if there are any tropes related to twins.

Hmm... I wonder if both teams will cooperate at some point, to fight some evil god like Hecate or Loki or something, or at least a god-tier foe like the Fire Giant Surtr.
    Please help my dragons

I will try to update tomorrow. I've been waiting for any stragglers to post.

Quote Originally Posted by *Jean Grey* View Post
    Yay, nice Jean!
    Oh-ho. A tropes page.
    Hmmm... wonder if there are any tropes related to twins.

Hmm... I wonder if both teams will cooperate at some point, to fight some evil god like Hecate or Loki or something, or at least a god-tier foe like the Fire Giant Surtr.
    I do plan on having boss fights. Incorporating both teams, maybe. It'll happen at some point.

[Not Made by Me]

Tentacle shadows?
    Yep, I'm making my post long when I get to it.

Hmm... If the giants are Norse giants maybe there could be more giants, but with elemental powers.
    Please help my dragons

I was thinking that these giants are already difficult, or at least that's what it seems like so far. I wanted Luke's team to progress in action before I advanced through the story with them. Iwas going to do something ...

[Not Made by Me]

Hmm... If the giants are Norse giants maybe there could be more giants, but with elemental powers.
    Yeah, let's not. ^^

Hey guys! Sorry for being banned. (Like I did it on purpose.)
    My character's unconcious? Thanks for not killing me off.

Yup, so she just wake up and jump right back in. XD

[Not Made by Me]

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast