Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Does a Pokemons' Gender matter for you?

Question Not to be sexist or anything but...

When you play a pokemon game, Do you only catch pokemon of Your gender?

I DON'T know why but I seem to prefer boy pokemon over girls...(EXCEPT FOR FEMALE SNIVYS)
    SonicLife is my name, And Burning way past cool is my game!

I catch Pokemon regardless of gender :]
    岩根雅明=♡

I don't catch them of my own gender because I like to use Pokemon like Nidoqueen. If I'm filling the National Pokedex, I'll catch any Pokemon.

That said, I don't care which gender my Pokemon are. =P I only care about the gender if I'd like them to have a Gender-specific name or so...

Quote Originally Posted by Savanny
    This place is deader than my pets I have buried in the backyard...

I prefer my favorite Pokémon, Ampharos, to be male (but oddly enough both Ampharoses I primarily use are female). Other than Pokes like Gardevoir, Lopunny, Nidoking/queen, I don't get picky about genders.
    Friend Safari: Fighting with Meditite, Tyrogue & Sawk.
    3196-3352-8113
    Kanto villains? Why are you here?!
    Because Unova villains are too stupid to take over Unova!
    [IMG]http://i57.*******.com/2a6uxwo.jpg[/IMG]
    Sig made by me, unfortunately.

I only catch transgender and hermaphroditic Pokemon.

Only if it's required for breeding or evolution.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

I guess it's just a habit, but if I'm playing ingame, I generally catch Male Pokemon if I'm adding them to my Team. If it's just for filling up the Dex, then no, I don't care.
    I'm feelin' electric tonight
    Cruising down the coast goin' 'bout 99
    Got my bad baby by my heavenly side
    I know if I go, I'll die happy tonight

I only make all of my Pokemon one gender if I'm doing competitive, then all of them will be female.
    99% of teens like 1 directon... put this in ur sig if you dont (started by blazeing man)
    "i have claimed metagross. this means nothing. but if you search the really long thread you will see. Metagross accompanying my name." - BritishLanguage

I always catch 3 males and 3 females.

Pokemon fan girl since 1999 =D
    Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

No, I tend to catch them with the gender I find more suitable for them, rather than getting all girls. So the likes of Togekiss, Chandelure, Furret, Vanilluxe and Meganium are more feminine while Flareon, Whimsicott, Reuniclus, Scrafty and Galvantula are more masculine, so I catch them in those genders. As a result, the gender ratios of my favourite Pokemon in particular tend to be even. I do think that the cuter Legendaries, such as Jirachi, are mainly girls though (except Manaphy and Victini) and the bigger ones tend to be male, though a majority of other genderless Pokemon also look male to me, and I treat them as such. =/

Who cares about cookies? Come to the Light Side, we have CUPCAKES!

Animal Crossing: New Leaf Dream Code: 7100-3458-5872

usually i catch pokemon depending on what gender they look like. like for instance, i would rather have a male garchomp because it does not look very feminine. some pokemon look like they could be either gender though, like... octillery.
    PM me if you want to battle! i'm always looking for a good battle!

"strong pokemon. weak pokemon. that is only the selfish perception of people. real trainers try to win with their favorites." - karen

black 2 national pokedex: 649/649

I like to have my starter be a female, but for the most part, I'm not too picky about the gender of the Pokémon I want. Though majority of the time, the team members I do end up getting will be female. *shifty eyes*

Maybe I like to give male Pokémon their own harem every now and then okay, okay.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

Years ago I used to try to only use male pokemon if I could help it, especially if it was a species I really like, but then I started to feel bad, and then to add to it I had some friends/acquaintances who at least at the time were STRONGLY against ever catching female pokemon, and then I kinda realized how pointless it was. Now I like to have a mixture in my in-game team (2-4 of a gender if possible). I always wanted my starter to be a male though, but I've practically never gotten a female one (I know they do have much less of a chance of being female) anyway. But in all honesty, the real thing I had (and still somewhat have although it rarely affects my choices anymore) against female pokemons was that I prefer the blue male sign over the pink female one...that's really all. It's not that I dislike the idea of having a girl pokemon or anything. It does of course seem a little awkward when its a pokemon like aggron, tyranitar, gengar, poliwrath, etc, but not a big deal lol.
    Last edited by Pikafleg; 13th February 2013 at 11:01 PM.
    I'm sorta back
    While I'd always love to talk about anything pokemon, I will only be using the 6th gen Wifi section for a while out of efficiency in my life, unfortunately

PLEASE NOTE: My one and only 3DS friend code is now 0576 3520 6954, it used to be 0688 5572 5678 but I no longer have that DS, delete that old code if you already have it!
    thought X/Y were amazing, but the widely revolutionary ORAS makes X/Y look like, well, I guess the original Ruby/Sapphire (which were still awesome) ha ha. in early middle of story line, w/ no choice but to progress fairly slowly. if anyone wants to battle or register me (be sure to tell me iso I can get yours) feel free to!

AS: Grovyle, Metang, Swellow, Skitty, Corphish, and "Pikabest"

Same here. Female beautifly, male charizard.
    Current LeafGreen Team:

Gem Lv 40
    Beautifly Lv 41
    Charzin Lv 41
    Falconion Lv 41
    Wiz Lv 42
    Picasso Lv 43

Emerald Team:

Nimbus Lv 26
    Eragon Lv 28
    Geico Lv 28
    Vision Lv 28
    Metallik Lv 31
    Azullerell Lv 33

I only bother if the Pokémon looks more masculine or feminine, otherwise I don't really care.

I like to use females or ungender Pokemons. Considering that females are more rare than males, then using Attract will be more effective.

No, I train either gender, unless the evolution I'm looking for is gender specific (Gallade and Froslass, for example).
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

I usually catch whatever I can catch. But sometimes if I have a lack of female Pokemon, I'll purposely try to catch female Pokemon. But for the most part I don't care.

Even though I dislike having mostly male Pokemon. I like some variety in genders.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

I like to have a balanced team gender-wise, like 3-3 or 4-2. As to which gender I select for certain Pokémon, it depends... If I mean to use a certain nickname beforehand that requires an specific gender, I go for it. Sometimes, I decide based on their looks, but I also like to transgress and choose the opposite of what it looks, for the sake of it. And sometimes I leave it to chance.

I do.
    Unless it's a shiny or something that will like NEVER come again, then I just catch it.
    ~Working on getting a sig~

I'm weirdly OCD, so I like to have 3 female and 3 male Pokemon on my team. Also, I usually have a nickname in mind when I want to capture a certain Pokemon, so I might want to specifically catch a male Trapinch or a female Buneary. As a preference? It doesn't really matter, but I might like catching female Pokemon better because it's easier for me to come up with female nicknames for whatever reason.

Not usually, but i usually just take the best natured one i can find regardless of gender. Or of course pokemon like Ralts have gender considered for evolution purposes. But i do make exceptions and be stereotypical for pokemon that should clearly be a specific gender.
    My Shiny Pokemon:

5th Gen:
    ;Emolga; ;Solosis;

6th Gen:
    Greninja ;Volcarona; (X2) Aegislash ;Lampent; Diggersby

Luvin' the t'wigs <3
    3DS fc: Paddy 2621-3316-5077 (Pm if you add me)

when it comes to pokemon in my team, they must be male, unless theyre only female or genderless. otherwise, it doesnt matter to me.
    pokemon white friend code
    0647 5096 9579
    Name: Kevin

It's odd that KP brought that up, as I also like my starter to be female.

Other than that, it doesn't matter to me

An Ancient Treasure, a Terrible Price. Take the Risk, Eat the World
    (Final Chapter added 05-15-2014)

-Thanks to PopPrincess_Lyra for the banner above, and Sworn Metalhead for the banner below -

All Hail the Six Kings...
    Chapter One added (12-07-2014)

I normally catch male Pokemon, but there quite a few that I like to have as girls. (ex. Gardevoir)

3DS Friend Code: 2337-4608-0376
    Most Recent Shiny: - 868 eggs | Current Hunt:

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast