Thread: Features or designs in the older games that you like/prefer

Default Features or designs in the older games that you like/prefer

I like the look of the old PC from Gold/Silver. Anyone else have any likes from the old games?

Saaatoshi!

I prefer the Gen IV sprites and animations over the Gen V ones.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Traveling to areas other than the main region was nice, i.e. Sevii Islands and traveling to Kanto in G/S/C

I miss having the Pokemon Center and the PokeMart separate buildings.

Pokemon Contests, a la Ruby and Sapphire. I loved having them spread out across the region too, not like in Emerald. Whenever I play R/S, which is often, I go through with two teams; one for Badges and one for Ribbons. I train the fighters on enemy Pokemon, and I shove Pokeblocks down the throats of the appealers. Contests were simple: Have good stats for Stage 1 and have good moves and skills for Stage 2. Heck, I often replay R/S strictly for contests.

Diamond and Pearl began their downfall with the dancing sequence, adding a not needed and far too easy action element, and with the dress-up, that reduced a lot of the initial appeal to slowly gathering new clothing and having an internet connection to look up what the judges want.

Black and White killed contests with the absolutely insulting Pokemon Musical. Haven't even played B2/W2, and one of the main reasons is that the new "contest" seems like the absolute worst one yet.

If I could bring back anything into X and Y, it'd be contests ripped right from Ruby and Sapphire.
        Spoiler:- My Blog and Friend Codes:
    My Shinies:

i like most gen 4 sprites better than gen 5 sprites.
    i like pokemon contests WAY better than musicals.
    i like the secret bases from RSE, i'm not sure why they ever got rid of that.
    i liked growing berries too, not just buying them or trading them from the PDW.
    PM me if you want to battle! i'm always looking for a good battle!

"strong pokemon. weak pokemon. that is only the selfish perception of people. real trainers try to win with their favorites." - karen

black 2 national pokedex: 649/649

-VS seeker
    -Being able to re-battle gym leaders
    -Pokemon following you
    -Things that didn't require being online like the Pokewalker
    -Contests like the ones in gen 3 & 4
    -Growing berries in-game

Quote Originally Posted by Zoruaruler View Post
    I miss having the Pokemon Center and the PokeMart separate buildings.
    Strangely, me too.

It seems like it'd be more convenient to have them put together like in the Unova games, but I kept forgetting they were together and just walking out of the building looking for the PokeMart. *Face-desk*

Quote Originally Posted by *~Silver*~ View Post
    Strangely, me too.

It seems like it'd be more convenient to have them put together like in the Unova games, but I kept forgetting they were together and just walking out of the building looking for the PokeMart. *Face-desk*
    For me, the merged Centers/Marts are not only more convenient, but also make more sense from a storyline perspective considering that the Pokémon Centers have to get their revenue from somewhere.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467

Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

The HG/SS menu! Easily the most efficient to use and made great use of the touch screen.

Contests in Ruby and Sapphire. I never did a musical because I knew they would be stupid. I kind of miss the Acro Bike too.
    Credit goes to MagicMochi. Check out their shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder
    While it is very reminiscent of a lot of journey trainer fics, it held my attention. It stands out among a lot of the other fics I've read lately and I'm excited to continue the story.

Quote Originally Posted by The Benmeister View Post
    The HG/SS menu! Easily the most efficient to use and made great use of the touch screen.
    I miss this as well.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467

VS Seeker, the Pokétch and the static sprites from Generation IV. I also miss the instruments Game Freak used to compose RSE soundtrack. :P Gotta love that trumpet.
    Last edited by Nyarlathotep; 17th March 2013 at 12:38 PM.

The contests from R/S
    The Pokethlon from HG/SS
    The 4th gen battle frontier
    HG/SS menu (best menu)
    Walking pokemon
    The Platinum Item Finder
    The VS Seeker
    R/S/E secret bases
    Planting berries in the routes
    Re-battling gym leaders
    Platinum-style co-op, which are later battle-able
    Re-visiting a region and see the changes (like Kanto, but I want to see it with other regions)
    And there are some sprites I prefer from HG/SS or Platinum than to BW, like Charizard or Gyarados.

I really miss the poke radar for some reason even though i prefer mming for getting shinies. I also miss the pokemon following you like in HG/SS. It would be awesome to have your shinies coming after you. But if that particular feature came into being it would probably be an optional feature as i have heard several people say they find it irritating. But the most missed feature on my behalf, has to be the simple poketch. The apps were basic but improved the gaming experience that little bit for me. Calculator, step counter, friendship checker etc.
    My Shiny Pokemon:

5th Gen:
    ;Emolga; ;Solosis;

6th Gen:
    Greninja ;Volcarona; (X2) Aegislash ;Lampent; Diggersby

Luvin' the t'wigs <3
    3DS fc: Paddy 2621-3316-5077 (Pm if you add me)