Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Does a Pokemons' Gender matter for you?

Only with breeding, otherwise, I don't see the big deal...
    Being "too cautious" isn't going kill you anytime soon.

it does matter to me, but the pokemon itself decides it, for example the pokemon that I love and will never leave me and my team are Gengar and Snorlax so they should be male, but for a pokemon like gardevoir,blissey and other girl themed pokemon, they should be definitely female.
    also other pokemon like machamp, machoke, hariyama and other dude like pokemon shouldn't be female, imagine a naked body builder girl or a sumo girl!
    Simply awesome!!!
    BLACK FC:4126-7563-7425
    Main Party
    Competitive Party
    P.P.M
    The First Iranian Pokémon Group

I usually try to catch males everytime, but when I'm desperate of getting a rare pokemon, I will catch whatever it appears.
    Lucario: Master of Aura...... and Chocolate!

FC(Pokemon Y): 4313-1362-5177

I tend to prefer an even mix of both, so I don't care about genders that much.

Not really, but sometimes I like to keep some male and some female mixed in my team for the sake of it! XD.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

I don't like my party being a sausage-fest so I do intentionally find female Pokemon. Maybe a 2:1 ratio of male:female in the party, 4 males 2 females.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

I don't usually care, unless I only have a good nickname in mind for one gender or my team is already heavily skewed towards one gender (mainly nearly all female; I don't mind nearly all male quite as much). I also sometimes try to catch uncommon-gender pokemon like my female Panpour and Riolu or my male Clefairy and Skitty.
    3DS Friend Code: 1864 - 8413 - 3256

The gender doesn't matter to me unless a specific gender is needed for something like breeding or evolution.

Credit to zhanton
    Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    omg Larry is on! i can now sleep in peace knowing he is ok!

Quote Originally Posted by ECM View Post
    But, I don't care too much, however, when I plan my team, I usually try to have half my team be male and half female. I also had this thing when I was younger where I would nickname my Pokémon if they're names contradict with their genders. Mr. Mime was Mrs. Mime, and Geodude was Geogirl.
    What about slowbro and slowking?
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 12/10
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing Y and OR
    To reclaim:

For the most part I try to have an even split, or more females if I'm including a gender-neutral Pokemon in the team, or all female. Also when I'm filling my pc boxes with one of every Pokemon, if I have a male basic and a female basic I'll evolve the female one (unless the male is at a much higher level). However, as someone else said sometimes I will have a nickname in mind for a Pokemon I want to add to my team and I will search out a Pokemon of the gender that fits the name.

But other than ALL THAT no, I don't care >.>

3ds Friend Code: 3480-3956-6165
    In Safari: Onix, Dwebble, Barbaracle (Rock Types)
    Currently looking for HA Bulbasaur and Chespin family members. Please message if you want to add me.

Quote Originally Posted by wobbanut View Post
    What about slowbro and slowking?
    I personally have a Slowqueen kicking around one of my PC boxes...
    3DS Friend Code: 1864 - 8413 - 3256

I'm surprised at how sexist certain of us are on here. I could care less about its gender or IV or nature. I like the genders and natures because it makes the Pokemon seem more real. Like they are actually my pets.
    LOOKING FOR A SHINY ONIX/STEELIX and SHINY SCYTHER/SCIZOR and SHINY SLOWPOKE. I HAVE POKEBANK CELEBI FOR TRADE AND SOME OTHER SHINIES. PM IF INTERESTED.

Only for evolution or breeding purposes.

Otherwise, I couldn't possibly care less.

Yes, it does! D:

I have an extreme 'girly' taste for pokémons, so my teams are usually all females. <3

It's hard for me to see some pokémon being male or female, even if their gender rate is 50/50. A male Gardevoir is an iconic example.
    White 2:

It really doesn't. ....but sometimes I'll be in a weird mood. When I first got BW, all my Poke's in W were female (I restarted a million times for a female starter) with my female character, and all in B were male with my male character... xD After awhile though, I stopped being as picky on those, because it's a lot of work sometimes.
    The edit button is always your friend.
    Hipsters, I tell ya.
    If I don't know who you are, don't be offended, but I can't keep up with all of these username changes.
    My Biggest Pet Peeve On Here: vming me and your profile is private! Pretty impossible to vm back, just so you are aware.

Yep. Unless the Pokémon is male-only, I only catch females. I am not sure why, though.

Yes, because in platinum, I saved before the Togepi egg hatched an then kept on trying to get a female Togepi... to no avail. Though there are also Pokemon whose gender I don't care about. (Pidgey/Spearow etc.)

My starter has to be female. Also I like my party to at least have 2 female members.
    FC: 3540-0790-8867
    IGN: Quan

NL Dream Address: 4000-3847-5618

it really depends on the Pokemon for me. If it's something like a Snorunt or Ralts, I'd want to catch them at a certain gender, for evolution purposes. Otherwise, I don't mind too much.

tumblr
    - i've claimed zelos wilder, xerneas, and tales of the abyss
    Omega Ruby team:

I don't mind the gender that much. Sometimes I prefer females over males of their kind due to their rarity, such as female Riolu. Surprisingly, the first Riolu I found in White 2 was female! And if I want to use it as a pokemon with attract, then I want the female pokemon.
    Got my copy of X!

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceGray View Post
    For my main storyline team, I try to make sure all of them are male. If I'm trying to do something with Attract or breeding purposes, then obviously I'll get a female pokemon. If I'm just trying to fill up the National Dex, then I don't care.
    well i look forward to the next pokemon story!

Name: Arugula
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

To me it dosnt matter but if i do a gender specific pokemon its usually for a friend or its one of my favroite pokemon other than that they are usually used for trade

To me, I want gender to match the appearance of the Pokemon. I don't want a male Gardevoir, that's for sure.
    Nothing interesting here. Carry on.
    Author's Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Meeker View Post
    To me, I want gender to match the appearance of the Pokemon. I don't want a male Gardevoir, that's for sure.
    Same goes for me. Seing a Male Gardevoir or Lopunny is just so wierd to me... at least male Kirlia can become Gallade.
    [IMG]http://oi42.*******.com/no61ic.jpg[/IMG]

Credits to FairyWitch for the buttons and Sworn Metalhead for the Userbar!

Quote Originally Posted by Meeker View Post
    True to your word. For me, I find using a male Cinccino very awkward since my favorite normal type is so screams female.
    Another Awkwardness is a female Hariyama. I mean, have we ever seen a real life female sumo wrestler?
    For me, Serperior screams feminine thanks to its regal like look. She's like the poke version of queen elizabeth. Tip, snivy's tail is in shape with the "fleur de lys". Da vinci code plot thickens to this family
    Last edited by jireh the provider; 16th March 2013 at 1:56 PM.
    Final Chapter: 38: Mountain's Edge(Click the Banner above)

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast