Thread: Game Clock Stopped

Default Game Clock Stopped

Playing Red Version, the last couple of times I have saved my game the clock has always been at 255:00. Does the clock not go any higher than this or is this a sign that my battery is about to die and I need to trade all my Pokemon before this happens?

...the original games never had a game clock. Maybe it had a play-time limit, but it had no clock. That wasn't established until Gold and Silver. If you want to trade all your Pokémon over from the game, then go right ahead, and just start a new file and be thankful your copy still works.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

A play-time limit makes since; if they used one byte to store the play-time hours, then the clock would stop at around 255.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your sig if you are too.†

Quote Originally Posted by pacman000 View Post
    A play-time limit makes since; if they used one byte to store the play-time hours, then the clock would stop at around 255.
    Oh yes that would make sense. Thank you. Though it would be nice to know when your game's battery is about to die so I wouldn't lose everything I've been working on for the last six years. I'm assuming it is not, but does anyone know if this is possible that any signs of a dying battery exist?

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Grim View Post
    Though it would be nice to know when your game's battery is about to die so I wouldn't lose everything I've been working on for the last six years. I'm assuming it is not, but does anyone know if this is possible that any signs of a dying battery exist?
    I don't think it's a sign of a dying battery, it just ran out of storage space, so it won't record anymore save points, or it's stopped saving altogether, so you're just stuck with a 255 play-time and you can't do anything. *shrugs* I have never played any of the old games up to that point, so I don't know.

I think you would know if the battery's dying, to be honest with you. It'll probably erase the save file like how G/S did, but not as quick because of the lack of a clock. So if at any time you lose that save file, or if you are saving, but it doesn't actually save your progress, then it'd be safe to say your battery's dying.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.