Thread: Iridescence (PG-13)

Default Iridescence (PG-13)

IRIDESCENT: (adj) displaying a spectrum of colours that shimmer and change due to interference and scattering as the observer's position changes (noun- iridescence)

Pokémon Iridescence is written as a hypothetical screenplay for a live-action action-adventure comedy parody film blending its own universe based on the Pokémon games, anime, and numerous manga.

Scientists working for the terrorist organization Team Rocket have begun a process of replacing the Pokémon of various businessmen, corporate leaders, politicians and powerful trainers like gym leaders and the Elite 4. Using their synthetic robot Pokémon to gather and collect information, Team Rocket's grip continues to grow stronger over the Kanto region.

Discovering this scheme totally by accident, Unova League champion Hilbert Black has his Pokémon stolen and his spirit broken and defeated. Now on the run, Hilbert is forced to start anew in the unfamiliar Kanto region, where "foreigners" like himself aren't exactly welcomed with open arms. In his underground attempt at bringing down Team Rocket and rescuing his Pokémon, Hilbert soon discovers that trust is something he shouldn't hand out so easily as a mysterious masked figure with a fetish for ice seems to stalk his every move...

Iridescence is a sequel to my first Pokémon script, called Black & White. While it follows the same characters (while adding new ones), reading Black & White is NOT necessary to reading Iridescence, which is why I decided to release this before I finished posting up the remainder of Black & White (which I plan to do by the end of the week).

So while Iridescence IS a sequel, the disclaimer here is that you needn't worry. Any readers can jump into Iridescence without having read the previous script!

Prologue
    CUE --- "VICTORY ROAD" from the RUBY & SAPPHIRE OST:
    OPEN on A LARGE CAVE with a rickety sign hanging from its entrance reads ‘VICTORY ROAD’. The camera does a PAN over Victory Road, and a few miles away, sparkling like a diamond in the rough of the maze of caves and the like, is a gigantic building with old, beautiful architectural styles. A large golden Poké Ball LOGO sits emblazoned on the front, shimmering in the sun's reflecting rays. A small VILLAGE of shops, homes, etc. lie on the outskirts of this massive building, surrounded by large mountains and endless forests. It’s a gorgeous sight, and we can tell this town has a lot of life in it...

We SWOOP toward this town, stopping at a large, massive sign that we FOCUS in on:

“WELCOME TO THE INDIGO PLATEAU
    Home city of the KANTO POKEMON LEAGUE CHALLENGE”

EXT. INDIGO PLATEAU - DAY
    We’re in the small town of the Indigo Plateau, outside of the massive Pokémon League building. FOLLOW a car as the “Victory Road” theme fades...

MR. SILPH (V.O.)
    ...you can tell these people that I built my company from the ground-up.

INT. MR. SILPH’S CAR - CONTINUOUS
    MR. SILPH is an elderly man with a kind face. But the phone conversation he’s having right now, on his POKEGEAR, is incredibly stern.

MR. SILPH
    I don’t care who they think they are, they are not taking my company away from me like this. All for the Badge Amplifier Machine? It’s too dangerous. In the wrong hands, the B.A.M. can act as a thermonuclear weapon. The results would be catastrophic if he were to get his hands on it...

INT. POKÉMON LEAGUE CAPITAL - CONTINUOUS
    A young brunette walks down a corridor of the luxurious Pokémon LEAGUE BUILDING. She’s eye-catchingly pretty in her black cocktail dress. Her name is FELICIA. She’s on her own POKEGEAR. A JIGGLYPUFF, a small, pink creature with enormous green eyes, sits on her hair. A JYNX, a disturbing looking creaure with purple skin, large eyes, large lips, and a red body resembling a dress, sways alongside her.

FELICIA
    (into phone)
    I understand that, Mr. Silph. So we agree then. In exchange for the legendary birds, I sell the disassembled machine to the highest bidders? The parts could be worth fortunes. If you just deactivate the machine and sell it safely across the black market, we can share the profits and feel safer...

As a guard rounds a nearby corner, Felicia’s Jigglypuff PUFFS UP and starts to float away. Felicia grabs onto Jigglypuff’s tiny foot and FLOATS WITH THE JIGGLYPUFF, like a balloon, carrying her over onto a large pillar. Jigglypuff deflates and they land on the pillar. They watch from over the corner. The guard runs into Jynx, who uses a LOVELY KISS attack to knock him unconscious.

FELICIA (CONT’D)
    (into phone, whispering)
    Are you still there, Mr. Silph?

MR. SILPH (V.O.)
    I’m just not liking this. I’ve gotten in too deep, I... I used to be a legitimate businessman! I’m not a bad person, I can’t... I can’t continue this conversation.

Felicia looks down. An icy blue fox called GLACEON struts down the corridor. A CLOAKED FIGURE whom we only see from behind walks alongside the Glaceon. Felicia gets the chills. They don't see her. And she's THANKFUL. Lowering her voice:

FELICIA
    It’s too late for that, Mr. Silph... Someone is keeping tabs on you. You need to leave the city.

MR. SILPH (V.O.)
    I have the Pokémon League conference to attend! The B.A.M. is ready for my presentation, delivered and everything directly to Champion Lance... on stage, I’m going to destroy it.

FELICIA
    Mr. Silph! Stop the car right now...!

INT. MR. SILPH’S CAR - CONTINUOUS
    MR. SILPH gets freaked out. He HITS the brakes. Ominous music -- the “GIRATINA BATTLE!” theme from Pokémon PLATINUM -- starts here.
    Underneath his hood, SPARKS begin to fly. We get a view of what’s underneath the hood. Two Pokémon resembling Poké Balls with MEAN EYES -- they’re VOLTORBS. Electric BOMBS!

Mr. Silph gives a scream, throwing open his car door just as...

EXT. INDIGO PLATEAU - CONTINUOUS
    ...The car explodes. Mr. Silph didn’t make it out in time. The flaming fireball that was once a car flips backwards.

INT. POKÉMON LEAGUE CAPITAL - CONTINUOUS
    The “Giratina Battle!” music continues as FELICIA and JIGGLYPUFF float down from the pillar, but she realizes she is too late. The explosion is heard from even in here. Jynx rejoins her side and she recalls the Pokémon into their balls, letting out her two shiny Pokémon, a fox with blue lights on its head and limbs called UMBREON and a blue squishy blob called DITTO.

Alarms sound and they rush down the corridor. Umbreon takes out guards with a crunch attack, biting onto them as Felicia pushes forward. Ditto transforms into a MACHOP, taking out guards with karate chops, before transforming into its evolved form MACHOKE, then again into its bigger evolved form, MACHAMP, taking down a whole crowd of guards with the swing of all four of its massive arms.

INT. POKÉMON LEAGUE CAPITAL - AUDITORIUM - CONTINUOUS
    Inside the AUDITORIUM, a group of people dressed in black clothes with the letter ‘R’ emblazoned on the front do battle with members of the Elite Four from all around the globe. Felicia rushes toward the stage with her Ditto and Umbreon by her side, dodging FLAMETHROWERS from a large orange dog called ARCANINE that duels with a coin-throwing bipedal cat called MEOWTH.

Felicia sees the cloaked figure and his Glaceon on stage. They are handling a device resembling some sort of nuclear core. Felicia’s eyes widen.

FELICIA
    Drop that, scum. I’m supposed to be stealing that, and I wasn’t planning on murdering anybody to do it.

The figure turns, revealing a PALE BLUE MASK covering its face. Resembling cracked ice. Spooky as hell. This is the MASK OF ICE. He speaks in a horrifying, distorted, deep voice, by use of a voice changer.

MASK OF ICE
    (fiercely)
    I did not plant that bomb. Mr. Silph's blood is not on my hands.
    (beat)
    This is no longer your assignment. Your loyalty is... questionable, at best. We have a new assignment for you, if you’re willing to handle it.

Glaceon fires an Ice Beam. Felicia dodges.

MASK OF ICE (CONT’D)
    The Badge Amplifier Machine is not for your profit. We have other uses for it, so please stay out of the way.

Glaceon releases A FROSTY MIST from her mouth, clouding Felicia's vision. This provides the opportunity for the Mask of Ice and Glaceon to flee. Felicia and her Pokémon take chase, running through the misty distraction...

EXT. INDIGO PLATEAU - CONTINUOUS
    FELICIA steps outside. Escaping on the back of a flock of DODRIO, a three headed bird, THE MASK OF ICE and the other ‘R’ henchman fly away.

As guards surround Felicia with their snarling GROWLITHES, she sends out JIGGLYPUFF and flees by floating away with the puffball.

Spoiler:- Main Characters:

Spoiler:- Chapters:

Spoiler:- Soundtrack:
    Last edited by johno1995; 20th May 2013 at 5:31 AM.
    X Team:

Y Team:

I did not currently have the time to read this in great depth--perhaps soon, but not now--but I wanted to commend you for using a legitimate script format. It REALLY helps the reader visualize the story as either a cartoon or a comic book. Far too often when people use "script", it is completely devoid of description or directions and is basically a perpetual series of dialogue like:

Jim: Yes!

Tim: No!

Jim (kicks a puppy): Take that!

I'm guess by the use of "voice-overs", you see this more as a movie or television show than as a play or a comic, am I right?

I will go on to say, I don't love the hiding of the prologue behind a Spoiler tag. Especially with several other spoiler tags there; it felt a bit like I had to look hard for where the story was, and I expect to just SEE IT when I look at a post. I'd consider dropping the spoiler there. I'm not sure that a soundtrack works well, either, but it does further show the thought you put into this as a visual format (which, like I said, I'm thinking is a cartoon/show).

Mr. Silph gives a scream, throwing open his car door just as...

BOOOOM!
    Even in script, I don't love sound effects. Honetly, I might like it even LESS in script because I expect more in the way of descriptive directions. I'd try to avoid those and use the script directions to describe it instead.

All told, I am impressed with your script work here. Keep it up!

Sid87's Gen 6 Igloo Shop!

FC: 3823-9867-2750

In my haste of posting it up, I didn't even realize the prologue was in spoiler tags! Fixed that, thank you for pointing it out.

Hopefully you continue to read, I'm excited to see what the feedback is for the script's future. And yeah I see it more as writing for a film - whether it be an animated film or a live-action take on the Pokemon franchise is up to the reader and what they see in their minds. I want to write screenplays as a profession one day, and I saw writing this as good practice. It was an absolute blast. I will keep that in mind about sound effects! You're right, it should be avoided. That was just me being lazy, and as such, it makes the script itself look lazy. I'll definitely edit it out. The reason I use a soundtrack is to really set a scene's mood, it helps me write to listen to music and imagine those in-game themes being orchestrated for a big movie. I thought it'd be a cool feature to add those soundtrack bits in for readers, just in case they wanted to read & listen to the music I envisioned for the scenes, but if you're not too big on the music cues, I understand. It's not a typical, professional thing for a script to do (cue'ing music like that) and I know that, it's just for fun. =)

Thank you for reading it over! It's greatly appreciated. The script is complete and was written in Final Draft and is usually read in PDF, but due to the forum's rules I will be posting it up in phases and breaking it up into "chapters" if there continues to be interest for it.
    Last edited by johno1995; 22nd February 2013 at 3:55 AM.
    X Team:

Y Team:

Chapter Numero Uno: "I Wanna' Be the Very Best"

EXT. S.S. ANNE - DECK - DAY
    TIGHT on HILBERT --- taking in a deep breath. This is a teenager who's 16 now, wearing his usual blue hoodie, black pants, with a red and black cap and matching shoes combo.

A quadrupedal Pokémon resembling a sea lion that is primarily dark blue in coloration with cream colored, sharpened shells acting as armor and swords decorating its body stands proudly beside his trainer, ready for more adventures. He’s Hilbert’s starter, SHELDON the SAMUROTT.

FREEZE-FRAME on HILBERT:

HILBERT (V.O.)
    Um. Hey. I’m usually fantastic with introductions but--- it’s been a while. I’m Hilbert. I saved the Unova region two years ago. Yeah. It’s sort of a big deal... Unova’s inhabited by creatures known as Pokémon... Pokémon are very strange creatures. Some have fiery or icy breath, some drop bolts of lightning, some control plants, and a few even **** out rainbows. Interesting, right? Some people treat them like your average fire-breathing pets, some treat them like BFF’s, but most just like to battle. Now, lots of kids risk their necks and go out to tame Pokémon, like me. Why? Because it’s fun. Sure, you might get electrocuted, or set on fire, or frozen in a block of ice, or chased by insane villains -- daily routines for me -- but it’s all worth it.

THE INSTRUMENTAL to the infamous “Pokémon THEME SONG” plays as an unfamiliar voice SINGS the lyrics:

HARETA (O.S.)
    I wanna’ be the very best.
    (DRAMATIC PAUSE)
    DOO DOO DOOOO. Like no one ever waaaasss--

Hilbert whips around annoyed, to see the singing kid is ---

--- HARETA, who’s probably 13. This kid’s eyes are alight with excitement. He wears a white t-shirt with a black vest over it. A red scarf is wrapped around his neck loosely, letting it blow in the wind behind him. Hareta wears baggy blue cargo jeans with red and black running shoes. A red beret sloppily clings on to his messy tangle of hair. A little blue and white flying squirrel, called PACHIRISU, bobs around dancing along in one of his blue cargo pockets on the side of his jeans, while a pink cat with squinty eyes and a slender tail with a bulky pink section, terminated by three pin-like shapes, dances and meow’s along on his shoulder. This is a SKITTY.

Hareta continues his singing while Hilbert looks on annoyed.

HARETA (CONT’D)
    --DO DO DO DOOO. To catch them is my real test. To train them is my caaaaause.

HILBERT
    Hey, you’re interrupting my inner monologue here!!

HARETA
    I will travel across the land. Searchiiing far and wiiide. Each Pokémon to understand the power that’s insiiiide.

People pass by, glaring as Hareta breaks out into song.

HARETA (CONT’D)
    Pokémon! Gotta’ catch ‘em all. It’s youu and meeeee.
    (does some air guitar)
    I KNOW IT’S MY DESTINYYY!
    (voice gets low)
    Pokémon.
    (back to loud)
    Ohhhhhh you’re my best friend in a WORLD WE MUST DEFEEEEEND.
    (back to low)
    Pokémon, gotta catch ‘em aaall...
    (back to loud)
    A HEART SO TRUUUUE. OUR COURAGE WILL PULL US THROUGH.
    YOU TEACH ME AND I’LL TEACH YOU. POOOOOOKEMOOON! GOTTA CATCH ‘EM ALL, GOTTA CATCH ‘EM ALLLL.
    Po-ke-mon!

Hilbert does a slow clap that turns sarcastically vigorous.

HARETA (CONT’D)
    (giddy)
    I’m flattered, I mean it’s really awesome of you stranger, but dude, you should save the applause for when the song’s actually over---!

Hareta takes in a breath to start singing again, but a dark blue frog with a very serious expression on his face pops out of the other side cargo pants pocket. He looks like he’s just been woken. This frog’s palm glows with a glowing purple secretion. With a powerful swing of its palm, the frog JABS Hareta in the hip. He collapses in a heap on the ground. This grouchy frog is a CROAGUNK. Satisfied, Croagunk leaps back inside Hareta’s pocket and presumably goes back to sleep.

HILBERT
    Ew. What the heck was that, kid? That smell is...

PAUSE on Hilbert’s pause for breath ---

HILBERT (V.O.)
    I was trying to think of another word for bad, after all this time of traveling and training, I had to learn some new words right?!

UNPAUSE:

HILBERT
    ...bad.

PAUSE AGAIN.

HILBERT (V.O.)
    (pathetic ‘urban’ accent)
    NAHHHHH! Pokémon training ain’t give me no time for gramma’ school, sucka’!
    (cue: KRICKETUNE CHRIPING)
    ...Alright, alright, I get it, that was weak. GO ON...

Hareta sits up, blushing as he sees what’s being implicated.

HARETA
    It wasn’t me. Honest. It was my Croagunk’s Poison Jab. Doesn’t have the most pleasant smell. That’s his way of saying hello!

HILBERT
    Wash him down, Sheldon.

Sheldon sprays Hareta with a huge jet of water from its mouth. The sopping wet Hareta stands up, shakes his hair like a wet dog. The crowd laughs at him, but Hareta doesn’t see the humor, he’s actually appreciative. He beams at Hilbert with a thumbs’ up. His jubilant reaction devastates the mean crowd, who were hoping to see the kid cry or something.

HARETA
    Thanks strange boy-man!!

HILBERT
    The proper term is teenager...
    (beat)
    Anyway, the song’s over kid, now can you just sit here and... and shuddup? Please? That song makes me sad. Builds up my dreams to only set me up for disappointment. I mean, there’s almost 700 known Pokémon in the world for Arceus’s sake! I’m gonna tell Roxie and her band if I ever meet her that they pissed all over my dreams making that song. It’s impossible to catch ‘em all. Even for a Champion like myself...

HARETA
    (shrugs)
    But I love the song. It’s so inspiring!

He hangs back his head and YAWNS obnoxiously. Puts his arms behind his head, doing a sort of walking lounge. Skitty snuggles up against one of his arms lovingly.

And then a THOUGHT BUBBLE appears over Hareta’s head with an EXCLAMATION MARK inside the bubble, and the boy’s eyes SNAP OPEN.

HARETA (CONT’D)
    Hey, did you say you’re the Champion!? Ooooh, we should battle! That would be so awesome!

HILBERT
    Former champion. Gave up my title so I could keep traveling. Sitting in that chamber all day waiting for people to show up was boring as sin. Plus, there was no easy bathroom access so it started to stink in there...

FREEZE on Hareta’s happy expression:

HILBERT (V.O.)
    It was as if an exclamation point just poofed up over Hareta’s head this head and he just screamed out that we gotta’ battle. He has this endless enthusiasm about everything. Which annoys me to no end.

CUE -- “BATTLE BINGO BATTLE” from Pokémon XD: GALE OF DARKNESS.

A BLAST of BLUE ELECTRICITY meets a blast of INTENSE WATER -- The water of course, conducts the electricity and we follow the shocking currents through the water until the electricity reaches the mouth of -- SHELDON THE SAMUROTT!

And behind SAMUROTT stands: His trainer, HILBERT.

Sheldon the SAMUROTT is zapped by the electricity, but shakes it off quickly. A crowd of people watch as a battle carries on between Hilbert and his opponent --

PACHIRISU in front of HARETA, looking worn out. Hareta looks down at his left leg --

HARETA
    Cheer her on, Skitty!

From one of the side pockets on Hareta’s jeans pops out SKITTY. Skitty does a little cheer, bobbing her head around giddily.

HARETA (CONT’D)
    You too, Croagunk!

CROAGUNK pops out of the other pocket on Hareta’s jeans, gives a yawn, and retreats back inside to sleep.

HARETA (CONT’D)
    Oh come on, crabby pants...!

Croagunk’s palm pops out of his pocket and glow purple --- WAVING it about WARNINGLY (another POISON JAB attack) --- and Hareta gives a nervous chuckle.

HARETA (CONT’D)
    Great job, Croagunk!!

The palm retreats back inside the pocket and a satisfied Croagunk presumably falls back to sleep.
    CONTINUING:

HILBERT
    Sheldon, show this punk your Ice Beam!

Sheldon’s breath goes cold and a large beam of ice shoots from his large mouth. The SAMUROTT freezes the ground in front of Pachirisu, who avoids the attack with a lightning-quick hop into the air. The showy Pachirisu gives a wink and pose as she slaps her tail against a light pole, bouncing forward, right for Sheldon...

HARETA
    Pachirisu, use Super Fang!

Pachirisu spins around, swooping through the air elegantly, ready to dive in for an attack with its glowing pair of teeth that seem to grow sharper and sharper---

Sheldon the Samurott instantly whips his attention to the tiny squirrel and his Ice Beam FREEZES Pachirisu in a block of ice. Hareta gives an exaggerated sigh and rushes over to Pachirisu, giving heavy breaths to try and thaw it out ---

Hilbert sighs.

HILBERT
    You give in yet? This battle is really starting to bore me.

Hareta leaps up, annoyed.

HARETA
    Hey! That’s not nice. I’ve got more Pokémon--

HILBERT
    (shrugs)
    It’s true, you’re such a noob.

Hareta’s eyes widen -- nothing’s gonna break this kid’s spirit. And that annoys the hell out of Hilbert.

HARETA
    You know that was my first battle, right?

HILBERT
    Well, I got my *** kicked on my first battle too, so -- just keep it up kid.

Hareta shrugs. Grinning.

HARETA
    Thanks, mister!

A JANITOR approaches, frowning. Two buckets and two mops. He tosses them near the kids.

JANITOR
    Y’all made this mess, y’all cleanin’ it up. Get to work.

Hilbert frowns frumpily while Hareta puts his arms in the air excitedly.

HARETA
    Yay! Sounds fun!

LATER:
    The “BATTLE BINGO BATTLE” song is over and the deck is empty except for Hilbert and Hareta, who are mopping up the mess left by their battle.

HARETA (CONT’D)
    I think I’ve done more cleaning than you!

HILBERT
    No way.

HARETA
    Yes way.

HILBERT
    Nope.

HARETA
    Yes.

HILBERT
    Okay, you wanna be that way, kid--?

Hilbert starts furiously moving the mop along the floor. Hareta joins him, laughing. Hilbert, growing more irate, starts to scrub more.

Then he tosses the mop aside.

HILBERT (CONT’D)
    You’re starting to piss me off. I need to get a bite to eat.

HARETA
    I’m hungry too. Wanna race?!

HILBERT
    No.

HARETA
    You scared?

HILBERT
    No.

HARETA
    Then race. Don't be a Torchic!!

HILBERT (V.O.)
    This kid really knew how to push my buttons --

CUE: “WALUIGI PINBALL” from MARIO KART DS, SUPER SMASH BROS. BRAWL REMIX as Hilbert TAKES off along the side of the deck, tossing his mop aside limply.

But he doesn’t listen. Hareta follows. And this kid’s FAST. FOLLOW Hareta as he races behind Hilbert.

The duo push through crowds and reach the SWIMMING POOL area. A woman is bent over in front of a lawn chair looking through the stuff in her bag. Hilbert leaps over the woman. She stands up, surprised --

And Hareta, who was in the middle of a jump, lands his foot right into the woman’s face. She falls into the pool and Hareta lands on his feet. As he keeps running, he shouts back:

HARETA
    SORRY, LADY!!

CUT between them racing, and STOP the music as:

INT. CONFERENCE ROOM - DAY
    A GUARD enters the room, THE MASK OF ICE following stoically, adjusting his mask. He must have just put it on. A man sits in the shadows. Not even visible in the light at all -- just his lap and the massive cat that lies in it. This is a creature known as PERSIAN.

GIOVANNI
    I assume you’ve left the folks at the Indigo Plateau frozen in fear?

A deep scoff comes from the Mask’s distorted voice.

MASK OF ICE
    I find your word choice... amusing.

CLOSE SHOT - GIOVANNI’S LAP
    He pets the Persian. It gives a soft purr.

GIOVANNI
    Remember that my generosity was not extended on you...

ANGLE ON THE MASK OVER GIOVANNI

GIOVANNI (CONT’D)
    ...Just purely for amusement.

The distorted voice is emotionless, but we can sense some form of SARCASM, or BITTERNESS, in the way it’s said:

MASK OF ICE
    How could I forget?

GIOVANNI
    Sit down.

The Mask obeys, joining Giovanni at the table. The door opens and three more faces slip in: KOGA (dressed in traditional Japanese garb with an aged face), SABRINA (long dark hair, a sexy figure, dreamy, beautiful eyes) and LIEUTENANT SURGE (dressed like a military man, tough face and gravely voice).

They all take seats at the table. They’re very specific, as if knowing their place.

GIOVANNI (CONT’D)
    Welcome. Everyone listen while we hear what Lieutenant Surge has devised for us.

CLOSE UP - SABRINA

SABRINA
    I hope the good Lieutenant’s effort as Director of Planning will continue to be as successful as his chess.

CLOSE UP - LT. SURGE

LT. SURGE
    They will be.
    (to Giovanni)
    According to your instructions, I have taken over the Power Plant. We will continue our search for the legendary bird, Zapdos.

GIOVANNI
    Sabrina?

CLOSE UP - SABRINA

SABRINA
    Moltres is already in my possession, sir.

KOGA
    (before he’s even called on -- knowingly)
    And Articuno in mine.

GIOVANNI
    Lieutenant, you are behind. I promote you, and you are behind...

CLOSE UP - LT. SURGE
    His face reads calmness, but there’s a subtle shakiness in his voice--

LT. SURGE
    I assure you, sir. Zapdos will be captured by the end of the week.

GIOVANNI
    For your sake, I hope so.
    (beat)
    In your attempt to take over the Power Plant, there were casualties. Was the mayor of Cerulean City one of those?

LT. SURGE
    Yes.

GIOVANNI
    The gym leader, Misty?

LT. SURGE
    No. The people of Cerulean are unaware of what went down, as you know the Power Plant is very isolated from the rest of the town. So the mayor made his visit and we quickly dispatched him --

CLOSE SHOT - GIOVANNI’S PERSIAN
    Giovanni handles the cat... It rubs its face against his hand lovingly.

INT. S.S. ANNE - HALLWAYS - SAME TIME
    “WALUIGI PINBALL” continues as HILBERT and HARETA race through the interior of the ship. It’s a constantly-changing lead.
    They make a quick turn-- Hilbert sticks his foot out. Hareta trips over it. Hareta suddenly TUMBLES right down a FLIGHT of STAIRS. Hilbert watches, taken by surprise, as Hareta rolls and rolls until finally stopping at a pair of large conference room doors with a sickening THUD.

INT. CONFERENCE ROOM - SAME TIME
    BAM!! “WALUIGI PINBALL” ends ABRUPTLY.
    The guards and every member at the table - except GIOVANNI - stand erect. Everyone grips a Poké Ball, ready to attack whoever interrupted their meeting with that obnoxious banging against the door.

GIOVANNI
    Open the door.

The guards don’t hesitate. They rip the door open and --

HARETA rolls in. He has cheery smile as he straightens his beret. KOGA steps forward and Hareta takes note of his traditional Japanese clothing. Not even meaning offense, thinking he's delivering a compliment:

HARETA
    Nice dress, mister!

Offended, Koga prepares throw a Poké Ball --

KOGA
    (gasps)
    How dare you! The fiend! He must be a spy...!

GIOVANNI
    Koga, sit. He’s just a child who happened to stumble in on us.
    (to Lt. Surge)
    Tie him up, we’ll deal with him later...

Before Hareta can say another word, Lt. Surge stands and suddenly BACKHANDS Hareta across the face--

INT. S.S. ANNE - OUTSIDE THE CONFERENCE ROOM - CONTINUOUS
    HILBERT stands outside the conference room doors, listening to all of this-- fidgets awkwardly, wondering what to do about this...

~*~

Long chapter I know, but it's a lot of introductions and set-up! Things are just getting started guys. Hopefully it's easy to catch the references to other Pokemon media, I'm combining a lot of different characters and storylines from different depictions of the Pokemon universe into one story, putting my own spin on things. I'm excited to see what people think of how it turns out!
    X Team:

Y Team:

Chapter Two: Lost at Sea

INT. CONFERENCE ROOM - SAME TIME

GIOVANNI
    Now with that minor setback out of the way, I assume your role in the plan is complete, Sabrina?

SABRINA
    Yes.

KOGA
    I feel so out of the loop here, sorry...

LT. SURGE
    Well you weren’t at the last meeting.

GIOVANNI
    He was catching Articuno for me. At least he’s actually accomplished his part of the plan, Lieutenant.

Lt. Surge winces a bit--

GIOVANNI (CONT’D)
    My scientists have succeeded in creating impossibly accurate robot duplicates of various Pokémon... life-size models as opposed to the ones we left on that island by Olivine City. Sabrina’s already replaced the Elite Four and government agents’ Pokémon. She just needs to finish up the rest of the gym leaders, and then this country will be under our control.

KOGA
    Who has already been replaced?

SABRINA
    Brock and Misty’s Pokémon. Once the operation’s finished, the robots will brainwash them just like we’ve done to the government...

Sabrina suddenly looks to the door. She’s suspicious -- she knows there’s someone WATCHING...

She reaches her arm out and the door FLIES open. HILBERT, who was leaning against it, tumbles in and lands on his face. With a groan, he sits up and faces everyone awkwardly--

HILBERT
    Um, hi?

KOGA
    Whoever hired you and your friend needs to find people who have better experience in espionage.

The guards move for Hilbert, restraining him as he tries to fight them off.

GIOVANNI
    Lieutenant... Escort him to his friend.

The Mask of Ice looks at Giovanni.

GIOVANNI (CONT’D)
    If you want to get front row seats then have at it... Though I think it’d be truly poetic if you did him in.

The Mask just stares blankly back at Giovanni, before the figure rises and follows Lt. Surge and the guards into the next room.

INT. STORAGE - DAY
    HILBERT is thrown on the floor by the guards, right next to HARETA, who is tied up and his mouth duct taped. Crates and other cargo surrounds them. It’s brightly lit in here. LT. SURGE approaches slowly. He shoo’s away the guards and stalks over to the boys, who are stirring into consciousness now. The MASK OF ICE enters and watches...

LT. SURGE
    Who sent you?

HILBERT
    Sent us? Honestly, you think we’re spies?! We were just on our way to the cafeteria and I tried to trip him but we both fell and hit the door. I swear, it’s the truth...

The Mask throws out a Poké Ball and lets out GLACEON.

CLOSE ON --

THE MASK OF ICE’S GLOVED HANDS. THEY’RE SHAKING. WE DON’T NO WHY. BUT NO MATTER THE CASE, WE NOTICE IT --

MASK OF ICE
    Glaceon, use Ice Beam.

Glaceon fires an Ice Beam -- Hareta lifts his leg, giving a surprised expression as an ice block is formed right where his foot was just at.

HARETA
    Whoa!

Another Ice Beam fires, this time for Hilbert. Hilbert dodges it -- reaches for a Poké Ball. The guards restrain Hilbert. One kicks Hareta in the back, knocking him over. He groans in pain on the ground.

The Mask approaches Hilbert --

POV THROUGH THE MASK
    As the figure stares at Hilbert, who’s kicking and struggling under the guards’s restraints--

MASK OF ICE
    I'm going to take his Pokémon.

HILBERT
    What?! NO!

END POV as the guards look through his jacket, his bag -- He bites one of the guard’s hands and he backhands Hilbert across the face. He slumps over weakly.

MASK OF ICE
    His belt.

The Mask approaches, lifts up Hilbert's jacket and shirt, revealing the Poké Balls clipped to Hilbert’s belt -- SEVEN of them. Discretely, the Mask only removes SIX of them, LEAVING ONE THERE CLIPPED TO HILBERT'S BELT.

HILBERT
    How did you know?! Give them back, you can't just steal someone else's Pokémon!

MASK OF ICE
    (ignoring Hilbert, to Lt. Surge)
    You can do the honors.

As the Mask of Ice slips Hilbert’s Poké Balls into his jacket, Lt. Surge steps forward and throws three Poké Balls into the air, releasing three Poké Ball-looking Pokémon. They each resemble Poké Balls. One of the three is larger, with eyebrows and a mouth, while the other two have just angry eyes and are much smaller. The smaller pair are VOLTORB and the bigger, more expressive one, is ELECTRODE.

Lt. Surge unties Hareta and rips off his duct tape while he and Hilbert look around at the sparking trio of Pokémon that surround them.

LT. SURGE
    (beat)
    We know who you are, Hilbert. What you’ve done. And we see you as a threat. Even if you weren’t spying, getting rid of you is something the boss will be sincerely happy about doing --
    (nodding to his Pokémon)
    Discharge.

All three of them release a powerful ELECTRIC DISCHARGE, shocking Hilbert and Hareta. The zap leaves both boys on the floor in a sprawled-out position, smoke rising from their bodies.

Lt. Surge opens a door. They’re very close to the ocean waves -- this is obviously some sort of bunker in the hull of the ship where storage is.

LT. SURGE (CONT’D)
    (smirking)
    Explosion.

Each of the three Pokémon starts glowing yellow -- Hilbert and Hareta exchange looks as Lt. Surge and The Mask of Ice take cover behind a shipping crate.

HILBERT
    Oh shi--

Each releases a massive amount of electricity that complete surrounds Hilbert and Hareta in a bright yellow light, shocking and zapping the hell out of the two boys. And then the Voltorbs and the Electrode create a contained EXPLOSION that sends the still jolting and writhing bodies of the boys out the open door --

EXT. OCEAN - DAY
    -- and splashing into the ocean.

UNDERWATER CAM VIEW
    As Hilbert and Hareta crash beneath the waves. Unconscious, they both slowly float up to the surface --

ON THE SURFACE
    Surprisingly both boys’ caps stay on. If they can survive constant electrocutions, explosions, etc., it’s not too hard to suspend your disbelief with this, yeah?

PACHIRISU emerges from Hareta’s cap, coughing up water. The tiny squirrel Pokémon crawls from underneath his cap and zips open his backpack, Pachirisu crawls inside. SKITTY and CROAGUNK are in there, and Pachirisu curls up beside the pair of them lovingly. Pachirisu then zips it up from the inside...

VIEW OF BOTH BOYS AS THEY FLOAT ALONG THE SURFACE, UNMOVING...
    Last edited by johno1995; 23rd February 2013 at 4:58 AM.
    X Team:

Y Team:

Looking forward to the next chapter .
    X Team:

Wellll, thank you! :3

Here it is:

Chapter Three: Start of a New Journey (Remix)

EXT. PROFESSOR OAK’S FISHING BOAT - DAY
    ESTABLISHING. A small sport fishing boat dips up and down with the water as the waves slowly dance...

ON THE DECK.

Stands PROFESSOR OAK, a graying man with wise eyes and a kind demeanor about him. Slightly dim-witted which may make him seem rude, but he’s well-meaning. A fishing rod in his hand, his smile reads excitement over the prospect of this trip.

PROFESSOR OAK
    Wow... I think I’ve caught something big.

Indeed, as he pulls on his rod, he’s in for a struggle. The other person on board - a young man in his early 20s with a PIKACHU on his shoulder and a serious composure - is RED. He wears blue jeans with a red vest over a long-sleeved black tee.

RED
    Bet it’s just another old boot.

PROFESSOR OAK
    No, I’m serious. It’s heavy.

RED
    A Poké Ball is heavy to you.

PROFESSOR OAK
    Well then you try pulling on this!

Red shrugs -- Whatever. Challenge accepted. He starts pulling on the fishing rod so the Professor stands back, observing. Red struggles--

RED
    Wow, professor, you were right. This is tough!

And then with a powerful yank --

HILBERT is pulled out of the water. The fishing hook caught in the seat of his black pants, he soars through the air with a powerful scream, and crash lands on top of Red on the deck of the fishing boat.

PROFESSOR OAK
    Wow, that’s no fish!

Hilbert looks around, confused. He picks at the hook caught in the back of his pants, yanking it off of him. He rubs his butt in pain.

HILBERT
    Dude, that hurt. Your stupid fishing hook was wedged up my crack...

Red smiles apologetically.

RED
    Sorry about that. Thought you were a boot.

BEAT.

There’s a fleeting moment of perhaps recognition here for Red...

RED (CONT’D)
    Hilbert...?

HILBERT
    Huh? Do I know you?

PAUSE. Red looks a bit SUSPICIOUS.

RED
    Uh. No. I just saw you on TV. About your win as Unova League Champion. Congrats, kid. That battle was wicked.

Red helps Hilbert on his feet.

HILBERT
    Ah, right. Thanks. I’m guessing you saw that I gave up that title too? To travel, and all I get for it is the **** beat out of me by some thugs.
    (beat)
    Where’s the other kid? Already pull him up?

PROFESSOR OAK
    You were floating in the ocean with another boy?
    (childishly)
    Gaaaaaay.

Red rolls his eyes.

RED
    Don’t mind him. Now, what were you say...?

Too late. Hilbert’s all fired up and angry now.

HILBERT
    (interjecting, to Oak)
    No, you idiot! We fell off the S.S. Anne...

Professor Oak chortles --- winks ---

PROFESSOR OAK
    Hohohoho. Is THAT what they call it now? “Falling off the S.S. Anne”?

HILBERT
    No seriously. We fell off the (bleep)-ing boat.

Suddenly, Hilbert starts to dance around a bit. The Professor and Red watch awkwardly as Hilbert digs his hands into his pants.

RED
    (offended, disgusted)
    Wait... dude... Are you seriously jacking off right now?

PROFESSOR OAK
    (matter-of-factly)
    No, actually, I think he’s masturbating.

Red does a facepalm---

HILBERT
    No... There’s something flopping around in there...

PROFESSOR OAK
    Well, yes. That’d be your...

He can’t finish, as Hilbert pulls out a reddish-orange, medium sized fish with heavy scales. It has two stiff, three-peaked fins on its back and stomach which are both yellow. It also has long barbels. It flops uselessly in Hilbert’s hands. This is a MAGIKARP.

PROFESSOR OAK (CONT’D)
    ...Magikarp. It’s just your... Magikarp.

HILBERT
    Well, it’s not mine, actually. I guess it just swam up my pant leg or something, I dunno. It doesn’t seem very smart.

He lets out Magikarp into his lap. It flops around. Hilbert shrugs --

HILBERT (CONT’D)
    Wow. This thing is stupid. Who would ever want one of these?

He throws it into the sea. From Hilbert’s pocket a single Poké Ball rolls out --- he opens it and out pops his RAICHU. Raichu gives a snarky smirk. Hilbert looks worried as the rat’s cheeks start to SPARK...

HILBERT (CONT’D)
    Oh. Guess it’s just me and you... Raichu. You’re the only Pokémon I’ve got left.

And then Red’s Pikachu hops off of his shoulder and lands right in front of Hilbert’s Raichu. The two lock eyes --- sparks LITERALLY connect their eyes. An intense rivalry.

RED
    Oh, don’t mind Pika. He’s not a big fan of Raichu’s... Tried to make him evolve, that didn’t turn out too well.

He chuckles a bit and pulls on Pika’s arm, pulling the yellow rat back.

RED (CONT’D)
    C’mon Pika...

Pika blasts a heavy amount of electricity at Raichu. It knocks out the rat’s evolved form in one hit! Hilbert stares on in amazement.

HILBERT
    Did you just... knock out my Raichu in one hit? Jesus, your Pikachu must be strong as hell.

RED
    (shrugs)
    You can say that. I know a thing or two about battling, came back to visit the professor. He gave me my starter a few years back. Wanted to see how he was doing.

They hear SHOUTING. Red runs to the back of the boat and peers over the edge, into a giant net cast into the water to catch fish.

HARETA’s caught inside, a single tiny crab called a KRABBY hanging from his face, with one claw clamped onto the bridge of his nose. He just gives a cheerful wave up at Red, unfazed by the Pokémon gripping at his flesh.

HARETA
    Hi!!

EXT. PALLET TOWN MARINA - DAY
    It’s a tiny marina. Quaint, but efficient. A few boats parked here and there, but not many. RED ties up the boat to the dock while the PROFESSOR talks to HILBERT and HARETA, who have towels cloaked over their soaking wet bodies.

Professor Oak carries on:

PROFESSOR OAK
    ...I’m the professor here in Kanto, the name’s Oak. But everyone just calls me the Pokémon Professor. You two fell overboard from the S.S. Anne?

Finally turning his attention to the Professor:

HILBERT
    Yeah... Somethin’ like that.

HARETA
    There were these people and they thought we were spies so they electrocuted us until I peed myself and then they kicked us off the boat!

The Professor looks awe-struck for a moment. A WTF face indeed... And then?

He breaks into uproarious laughter, patting Hareta on the head.

PROFESSOR OAK
    You’ve got a wild imagination there, young Trainer!

HARETA
    (shrugs)
    I guess so. But I don’t see what that has to do with anything!
    (nodding back to Red)
    So who’s that kid? Your son? You’re kind of old to have a kid that young, mister.

PROFESSOR OAK
    No, that’s my favorite pupil. Pallet Town’s prized trainer...
    (scratches head)
    ...Erm, what is his name again?

In the background, Red, who can hear all of this, makes an extreme RAGEFACE.

In the air above them, FLOATS the KEYBOARD familiar to those who played the Pokémon RED & BLUE & YELLOW VERSION games appears. Hilbert reaches up with his arm and inputs the letters ---

HILBERT
    (reading the letters as he inputs them)
    His name’s R-e-d. Red.

He waits for Oak to respond. Nothing.

And then he reaches up and clicks the ‘ED’ button. The keyboard disappears in a “POOF!” and Oak finally responds:

PROFESSOR OAK
    That’s right! I remember now! His name is Red!

The Professor peers over at Hareta, a puzzled look on his face.

PROFESSOR OAK (CONT’D)
    So are you a boy, or a girl?

Off Hareta’s confused, perhaps even frightened, look ---

INT. PROFESSOR OAK’S LABORATORY - DAY

HILBERT (V.O.)
    I guess the story REALLY starts here. My Pokémon are stolen. And I’m trapped with a dork in a region where some idiot named every single town and city in a color theme while the name of the region itself has nothing to do with colors. Why? I don’t know.

HILBERT and HARETA stand off to the side in PROFESSOR OAK’s laboratory as the Professor and RED stand by a table, chatting with some of the professor’s geeky assistants. Hilbert leans in toward Hareta’s ear, lowering his voice.

HILBERT (CONT’D)
    Kid, you can’t say anything about what happened on that ship, okay?

Hareta looks up at Hilbert all wide-eyed, tilting his head like a confused puppy.

HARETA
    Well why not?

HILBERT
    Because those people might still be after us. That creep in the mask said that their leader has plans for us... And if we lay low and not make a scene, they might just forget about us.

Hareta nods.

HARETA
    Yeah. Okay.

The Professor turns his attention towards Hilbert and Hareta now.

PROFESSOR OAK
    Do you two have any Pokémon?

HILBERT
    Besides my Raichu? No. Not anymore.

The Professor looks at Hareta.

HARETA
    I’ve got three.

Hareta zips open his backpack’s pockets -- PACHIRISU, SKITTY, and CROAGUNK poke their heads out.

PROFESSOR OAK
    If you want one of the starters of Kanto Hilbert, go ahead. Your friend seems well-equipped, but you could use some help.

FREEZE on a view of the table -- three Poké Balls lined up.

CUE --- “PROFESSOR OAK’s LAB” from RED & BLUE:

HILBERT (V.O.)
    If you lived in Pallet Town, you could start out with a rare Pokémon. You had your choice of Bulbasaur, Squirtle or Charmander while I had Unova’s choice of Snivy, Tepig, or Oshawott... Nobody knows where he or the other regional professors get these rare Pokémon. My guess? Definitely black market. Anyway, these little guys all start out cuddly and adorable, but by level thirty-six, they all end up looking like something from Dungeons and Dragons.

RED
    You should, kid, all that Raichu wants to do is zap you ‘til you crap yourself! Pika did that to me once. Wasn’t pretty.

CUE AWKWARD SILENCE...

Hilbert approaches the table and picks up the last Poké Ball. He lets out the creature, revealing a CHARMANDER, an orange reptilian creature resembling a tailed bipedal salamander with some dinosaur qualities, particularly like those of theropods. Charmander has four small fangs visible on its upper and lower jaws with sharp claws on each hand with a cream underside. Its most notable feature is the flame burning on the tip of its tail.

PROFESSOR OAK
    Do you two have Poké Balls? A Pokédex?

HARETA
    No and no for me. My Pokémon were never officially caught. They’re just my friends!

PROFESSOR OAK
    They seem close enough to attempt capture.

Professor Oak digs in his lab coat pockets, pulling out two handfuls of Poké Balls. He hands one to Hilbert, the other to Hareta.

PROFESSOR OAK (CONT’D)
    You should give it a try.

“OAK’S LAB” fades as Hareta lets Pachirisu, Skitty and Croagunk out of his backpack. He taps Pachirisu in the head with a Poké Ball, and it’s dragged inside. The Ball locks in place instantly without a tinge of rejection. Rinse and repeat the process for Skitty and Croagunk. Hareta raises their Poké Ball’s with a victory pose.

HARETA
    Awesome!! Thanks, mister!

Hilbert goes through his bag while, in the background, Hareta inspects the Poké Balls of Pachirisu, Skitty and Croagunk curiously. Like he has no idea what to do with them. He shrugs and places them over his closed eyes, balancing on one leg as he does this. He laughs.

Hareta falls over and collapses out of frame. He gives a soft, but somehow still enthusiastic, groan--

HARETA (CONT’D)
    Ow. That hurt!

Hilbert looks up as he pulls out the Pokédex from his bag. He smirks.

HILBERT
    Yet you’re still smiling.

Hareta gets on his feet, putting the Poké Ball’s in his backpack.

HARETA
    Why wouldn’t I be smiling? This is exciting!

Hilbert turns his attention back to Professor Oak, handing him his Pokédex.

HILBERT
    I dunno if it survived the fall into the ocean, but it’s survived plenty before. Electric shocks, explosions, being frozen in an ice block...

The Professor checks out the Pokédex as Hilbert’s voice drones in the background, listing the incredible amount of harm that’s come to him in the past... And then the Professor speaks again, ending Hilbert’s ramble.

PROFESSOR OAK
    It’s working perfectly. What region is this from? The technology is remarkable.

HILBERT
    Unova.

PROFESSOR OAK
    With the hot lady professor? Blonde hair, nice tits, juicy ***? Lucky, lucky. Far boat ride, huh? The two of you brothers?

HILBERT
    No. Just met him, actually.

PROFESSOR OAK
    (not caring, to Hareta)
    Where are you from, son?

Hareta does a full-body shrug.

HARETA
    Dunno.

PROFESSOR OAK
    Well that’s strange... But okay...

Professor Oak opens up the back of Hilbert’s Pokédex and pulls out a chip. He inserts it into the Dex. On the screen appears “DOWNLOADING”. And then the number goes quickly from 0% to 100%.

PROFESSOR OAK (CONT’D)
    There ya go. Now your Pokédex can recognize Pokémon from the Tohjo continent, and if you didn’t know, Tohjo includes Kanto and Johto combined. Since they’re on the same giant island. Oh, and I signed you up for the ‘Nuzlocke’ challenge.

Hilbert takes the Pokédex while Professor Oak hands Hareta a brand-spankin’-new one.

HILBERT
    Nuzlocke?

PROFESSOR OAK
    It’s like the real-world version of ‘Hard’ mode in a video game.

HILBERT
    Well, un-sign me up, then, I really don’t...

PROFESSOR OAK
    No, I insist. It’s going to be interesting to see how you do.

Hilbert ushers them out the door.

EXT. ROUTE 1 - DAY
    HILBERT, and HARETA step onto ROUTE 1 --

CUE: “ROUTE 1” from Pokémon RED & BLUE.

HILBERT (V.O.)
    I wasn’t too happy about this new arrangement. I had to keep Hareta attached to my hip so he would keep his mouth shut. To top things off, my best friends were taken from me. And just as I figured, the moment we stepped onto Route 1, a new chapter in my big journey--

Hilbert and Hareta step into the tall grass. They spot CATERPIE and WEEDLE trotting past, two generic looking bug-type Pokémon. PIDGEY flies by. A small bird. Doesn’t catch their eyes. Then a RATTATA walks past, a purple rat with big teeth.

HILBERT
    Hmmm, that rat thing looks a little tough. Not as boring as the other guys, I guess.

Hilbert pulls out a Poké Ball and prepares to catch it when...

...Hilbert is shocked by electricity! He falls over, steam rising from his body as Rattata flees...

HILBERT (CONT’D)
    Wha--- What was that for?

He hears a BEEPING coming from his pocket and pulls out his Pokédex.

POKÉDEX (V.O.)
    A ‘Nuzlocke’ challenge permits only the capture of the first Pokémon seen on a given route. All unauthorized capture attempts will be punished. Also, down with foreigners.
    It then gives a robotic little snicker.

HILBERT
    But... that was the first Pokémon I attempted to catch on this Route. That’s what a ‘Nuzlocke’ is? I seriously don’t get it!

POKÉDEX (V.O.)
    A ‘Nuzlocke’ challenge is one where a trainer must release any Pokémon that faints in battle, as fainted Pokémon in the ‘Nuzlocke’ trainer’s mind must be considered dead. If a release does not occur, punishment will.

HILBERT
    Why would Oak think I’d want a Nuzlocke challenge? Are you serious right now? I’m still confused over how that was my first Pokémon encounter on Route 1...

HARETA
    Actually, I have to agree with the zappy Pokédex here. We saw...

...a thought bubble appears over Hareta’s head and plays over the Pokémon they just saw: WEEDLE, CATERPIE, PIDGEY, and then RATTATA.

HARETA (CONT’D)
    ...Three other types of Pokémon before we saw Rattata.

POKÉDEX (V.O.)
    The stupid boy is correct.

HARETA
    Yay!

Hilbert still lies in a steaming pile. He gives a sigh.

HILBERT (V.O.)
    ...Yep. It got worse.

INT. PROFESSOR OAK’S LABORATORY - DAY
    PROFESSOR OAK is sitting alone in his LAB, sipping on a beer. He sees HILBERT and HARETA through his window. He laughs deeply at Hilbert’s misery.

PROFESSOR OAK
    Stupid foreigners. Think they can just steal my Pokédex idea and make it their own and improve on it and change it up with their own region’s Pokémon. The bastards. Now their spawns shall suffer!

He gives a grumpy, drunk grumble and then takes another chug of beer. And then he passes out, snoring immediately.
    X Team:

Y Team:

Umm, that escalated quickly. Not sure if I want a nuzlocke challenge in a fan fic, actually not at all, hate it in the games too.
    X Team:

The Nuzlocke is only part of the parody :P It's not too prevalent nor does it take up too much space in the story. It's just a reference to all the Pokedexes in the games, something Professor Oak apparently invented. He's just jealous that other region's professors took his idea, he's not inherently evil it's just meant to be a joke lol.
    X Team:

Y Team:

Nyah..... no Nuzlocke fo me now!
    Haven't reviewed since whoknowswhen but I love this. Oak dwunk is no ting I wanna see. Brr.
    Oak is a naughty boy
    Pmlist? Pleasepweasepweaspwease?
    Formerly Grav.
    Quite inactive, but still available. If you have a fanfic that no one wants to review, PM/VM me and I'll give you a hand.

I didn't plan on anyone wanting a PM list, but suuure ^_^

I'll post more ASAP. Just been very busy with life and stuff
    X Team:

Y Team:

Ah. life. Our ally, yet our enemy. What strange things life can do..
    Aaaaaaaaaanywho, hope you write fast.
    EDIT: Wheeeeee! Rank Up Baby?
    Last edited by Darkened_Kingdra; 17th March 2013 at 2:13 AM. Reason: Being excited
    Formerly Grav.
    Quite inactive, but still available. If you have a fanfic that no one wants to review, PM/VM me and I'll give you a hand.

The story is actually complete. It's just a matter of posting it since it's in a different program and I have to reformat it when posting here!

Expect more tomorrow.
    X Team:

Y Team:

I haven't read Black And White, but I think it's quite interesting and find the format interesting. You don't see many plays about and I don't really read many plays so it may take me a while to get used to the format. I'm expecting to see some more funny things to come.

☆ Maya Fey: Ace Pokemon Trainer
    Carry On, BlisseyThe Other King☆
    Advancers Tumblr
    Banner by Sworn Metalhead at Dćdric Design ✠

Thank you~
    I'm glad you appreciate the different style. I think it's off-putting for people, but I'm glad it's attractive for how unique it looks. Hopefully you continue to read, I love the feedback - whether it be good or bad, as long as you're constructive(:

Chapter Four: Caught in a Pickle... AKA, the Head of a Vileplume

EXT. ROUTE 1 - NIGHT
    HARETA is sound asleep, wrapped in a sleeping bag. HILBERT decides to sneak off into the night, alone. He starts tip-toeing off.

EXT. VIRIDIAN CITY - NIGHT
    HILBERT steps foot into the outskirts of VIRIDIAN CITY, a small suburban town leading into the impressive urban center.

HILBERT (V.O.)
    It was a jerky thing to do retrospectively, but he annoyed me and I just wanted some alone time... I tried leaving Hareta behind and going on my own...

HARETA (O.S.)
    Good idea!!

Hilbert jumps. He spins around, sees HARETA stood behind him, grinning.

HARETA (CONT’D)
    Going into town at night. When all of the Pokémon are sleeping and all the trainers that just stand in the bushes staring out, waiting for other trainers to battle, have gone home!

HILBERT (V.O.)
    ...Well, let's just say it didn't quite work out.

HILBERT
    Ermm... yeah, but actually, I was just trying to leave you.

HARETA
    Huh?

HILBERT
    I don’t know how to put this... maybe I just think that I’m better off traveling alone?

HARETA
    Well I’m not. You’re nice, and a good battler, I think we’d make a great team!

HILBERT (V.O.)
    Now I started to feel bad. This kid actually thought I was his friend. Sure, he was a bit off, but he wasn’t a bad dude.

Hilbert goes to say something but an image nailed to a post draws his attention--

HILBERT
    Holy crap.

HARETA
    What?

Hilbert points at two photographs --

HARETA (CONT’D)
    Wow, we gotta find those people and tell ‘em they look a lot like us.

Hilbert facepalms.

HILBERT
    Those people are us.

Pointing at the words in bold red letters: “WANTED FOR MURDER”.

HILBERT (CONT’D)
    And the police are after us. Crap. Whoever we ticked off on the S.S. Anne must really be powerful -- They framed us for assassination!

HARETA
    You think they did this? But we didn’t do anything wrong!

HILBERT
    Being an idiot has again landed me in serious trouble. Now we have no choice but to stick together, kid.

Hareta’s fear disappears and the color flushes back in his face as he gives an excited grin.

HARETA
    Yay!

HILBERT
    We’ve gotta remain calm and cool, okay? We’re wanted by the police, so...

Hareta wraps his red scarf around his mouth, concealing part of his face. Hilbert nods --

HILBERT (CONT’D)
    Good start.

He takes off his cap and puts it in his bag, lifting his hoodie over his head. Without the hat, he looks a lot different.

HILBERT (CONT’D)
    How’s this? Do I look different enough?

Hareta nods. They continue moving through this city. The gym looks abandoned and indeed, it is surrounded by guards who usher trainers away who get close. Puzzled, but not willing to waste his time, Hilbert sighs.

HILBERT
    ...Let’s just go.

EXT. VIRIDIAN FOREST - DAY
    Hilbert and Hareta walk through Viridian Forest. It’s a dark, creepy atmosphere here with a faint fog covering their way. Hilbert dips an OLD ROD into a nearby pond and fishes out... a MAGIKARP.

HILBERT
    Another one of these things? Is it like, my spirit animal or something, for Arceus’s sake...?!

He checks the Pokedex as he hangs onto the rod with his other hand.

HILBERT (CONT’D)
    Considered the world’s weakest Pokémon, huh? Of course.

And he chucks the Magikarp back into the water and puts the Old Rod back into his backpack.

A pair of kids with nets in their hands pop out from the nearby bushes and startle Hilbert. Hareta doesn’t blink, however. A “!” appears in a thought bubble above both of their heads...

BUG CATCHERS
    (in unison)
    DO I SMELL TRAINERS??

HILBERT (V.O.)
    Those two kids were Bug Catcher’s looking for a double battle. I was pretty jumpy because of the whole “Wanted” poster deal, but Hareta insisted---

CUE --- “TRAINER BATTLE!” from Pokémon RED & BLUE. HILBERT stands with his CHARMANDER, while HARETA commands his CROAGUNK.

The two Bug Catcher’s command a METAPOD and KAKUNA, respectively.

BUG CATCHER DOUG
    Kakuna, use Harden!

HILBERT
    (under his breath)
    Heh. Harden.

BUG CATCHER CHARLIE
    My Dick can use Harden better than your Kakuna!

HILBERT
    Wait. What?

BUG CATCHER CHARLIE
    Richard’s the name of my Metapod but he prefers Dick! C’mon, Dick, show ‘em what you got. HARDEN, DICK, HARDEN!

Hilbert’s in a fit of intense giggles. His Charmander looks back at him, confused.

HARETA
    Come on, Croagunk, use DRAIN PUNCH!

Croagunk rushes forward, its front left palm glowing a brick red. Croagunk’s palm connects with Kakuna’s face and starts to glow as it ABSORBS Kakuna’s energy and heals itself! Hareta jumps around excitedly ---

HARETA (CONT’D)
    Yay!! What an attack!

HILBERT
    Charmander, Scratch Doug’s... Dick.

Hilbert giggles at this (Hareta remains clueless) while Charmander rushes forward and SCRATCHES the Metapod.

HILBERT (CONT’D)
    Charmander, Ember!

HARETA
    Croagunk, spit that nasty stuff...

HILBERT
    SLUDGE BOMB.

HARETA
    YEAH! Do that!

The two fire their attacks in unison and the two cocoons are knocked out. The Bug Catcher’s are in pure awe as they recall their beloved Bugs. Hilbert gets on one knee to congratulate his Charmander.

HILBERT
    That was awesome, dude. I think we’re gonna be great pals, little guy--

Suddenly looking from adoration to taking offense, Charmander blasts a large blast of fire from her mouth. Hilbert’s entire body is gray, charred and barbecued. He blinks, then shakes off the charcoal from his face.

HILBERT (CONT’D)
    Guess you’re not a “dude” or a “little guy” then, huh? I was gonna name you Charlie, but how about -- Charlotte?

The FLOATING KEYBOARD, identical to the one from the original trio of BLUE & RED & YELLOW Pokémon GAMES, pops up out of nowhere again. Hilbert jumps back a bit. He sighs. Starts to type in ‘CHARLOTTE’ name. Then when he’s done, Hilbert presses ‘ED’ and the keyboard disappears in a “POOF!”

HILBERT (CONT’D)
    I guess that means it’s official now, Charlotte.

The little Charmander looks excited and happy. Hareta begins to wander away, staring at green cone-like Pokémon known as PINECO that are in a nearby tree. There are about a dozen.

BUG CATCHER DOUG
    Don’t go near them. Those are Pineco, and their signature move is Self Destruct.

Doug’s warnings go unheeded as Hareta approaches the tree, making clicking noises with his tongue. The Pineco ruffle their leaves back in reply. Just as Hareta reaches out to touch the Pineco, he trips on a tree root. As he falls, his head smacks the tree harshly. The Pineco shake and fall, landing on Hareta with a smoky explosion. Once the smoke clears, all the Pineco are unconscious and Hareta’s covered in grey soot and dirt, his butt in the air and face in the ground. He notices one of the Pineco fell in the cargo pocket on the right leg pant of his jeans.

Without even sitting up, Hareta pops it on the head with a Poké Ball, and it gets dragged inside. The Ball shakes, shakes -- then locks in place. Jubilant, Hareta lifts up the Ball with a dizzied, but genuine, grin.

HARETA
    Yay!! I caught a Pineco!

And then he falls over, unconscious.

HILBERT (V.O.)
    Needless to say, Hareta was coughing out dust for a good few minutes after his initial recovery.

LATER: The two boys move through the forest alone. Hareta wanders behind a bit -- taking in the nature. Hilbert stops as he sees something that resembles an enormous rafflesia flower with the largest red and white-spotted petals ever seen, and an ominous black center opening. He approaches it cautiously, not knowing quite how to react---

But Hareta’s not so subtle.

He rushes forward.

HARETA
    C’mon, let’s goooo---!

And then he TRIPS on a rock.

HARETA (CONT’D)
    Whooooops!

Hareta stumbles forward and knocks into Hilbert’s back. Hilbert falls forward, face-first into the opening of the giant flower.
    That’s when the flower gets up and starts running, revealing a Prussian blue-colored, bipedal body and a cute face. This is a Pokémon known as VILEPLUME.

Hilbert’s legs are all we see of him, flailing around in the air, kicking helplessly. Hareta chases after the Vileplume, ready to send out a Pokémon. He throws a Poké Ball and it opens in mid-air. His PACHIRISU goes flying --

FOLLOW PACHIRISU -- who’s CRYING out over the trees and SPLASHING into a LAKE.

Hareta looks panicky, and he stops to consider what to do... That’s when Vileplume catches up to Hareta, comes up from behind him, rampaging about in a panic, and its head rams Hareta in the back.

The boy’s thrown into the air and he lands face-first in the opening along with Hilbert. Vileplume runs around for a bit, both boys legs kicking and fighting to escape. It suddenly stops running and gives an odd facial expression, as if it were squeezing out a ****. A YELLOW POWDER poof’s out of its head, making the boys’s legs stop kicking and go eerily erect into the air.
    And then they slump over and roll out of Vileplume’s head.

On Hilbert and Hareta --- As their bodies spazz about on the ground, before going completely limp.

The screen FADES out by going COMPLETELY FUZZY---
    X Team:

Y Team:

Chapter Five: The A(ish)-Team

INT. BUNKER - INTERROGATION ROOM - DAY
    HILBERT stirs awake in a metal seat.

HILBERT (V.O.)
    I was startled. I woke up in a place unfamiliar to me. I had only remembered falling into the Vileplume but nothing more...

Hilbert starts feeling around his body in a sudden panic, but relaxes once he realizes that his pants are still on.

HILBERT (V.O.) (CONT’D)
    I had to be cautious. I wake up in a creepy white room, propped up in a chair... I just had to be sure I wasn’t stripped nude or anything.

IRIS (O.S.)
    Don’t worry, you’re still clothed.

Hilbert’s surprised by the voice -- so familiar. He turns and sees IRIS stood in the doorway, grinning childishly. She looks so young and alive and it’s an obvious attraction for him.

HILBERT
    ...I know you wish I wasn’t.
    (beat)
    What are you doing here, Iris? Where’s Hareta?

IRIS
    Is that any way to say hello? I miss you? Or are you too cold to care? I’m working as an appendage for the International Police.

HILBERT
    And that Vileplume...?

Iris looks disappointed that she’s not getting anywhere with him emotionally.

The door opens, and both Hilbert and Iris’s attention are thrown to it as we see a young man steps inside. A Pikachu on his shoulder, it’s RED!

RED
    ...Is mine.

Hilbert looks on in surprise.

HILBERT
    You?!

RED
    Yeah, me. Red. I’m working undercover as a Pokémon fossil excavator. You stumbled into my trap just as I planned.

IRIS
    Well not exactly as he planned, he expected your little pal to get curious and for Vileplume to suck you two in, but I guess him tripping over a rock worked well too.

Hilbert can sense her mocking tone so he makes a mocking face as she speaks. Once she finishes, she rolls her eyes at him.

IRIS (CONT’D)
    Such a kid. Nothing’s changed.

HILBERT
    (heavy sarcasm)
    It’s nice to see you too, Iris.

Something’s telling us they’re not exactly on good terms---

HILBERT (CONT’D)
    So what were you after us for? The murder of that politician? Because trust me when I say we didn’t do it.

RED
    Oh, I know. That’s why we caught you. To put you under protection.

HILBERT
    And why couldn’t you have just talked to us? You had to Stun Spore us, really?

RED
    (shrugs)
    Iris insisted.

Hilbert’s eyes narrow at Iris, who smiles wryly.

IRIS
    I just figured it’d be fun to watch you squirm.

Hilbert’s not liking this---

HILBERT
    So where are we anyway? And where’s Hareta?

IRIS
    We’re in a bunker underneath Pewter City... Your friend’s in the cafeteria already. He woke up first, Red’s already spoken to him.

RED
    Our enemies are a terrorist group known as Team Rocket. They attacked the latest Champion’s Conference and have taken our nation’s Elite Four hostage. We’ve been trying to get help from other countries, but we’ve discovered a leak that’s making the International Police not exactly the easiest group to trust right now. So now we’re working underground, and we’re going to fight back.

HILBERT
    How do you know about that conference when those are top secret and only those who are invited know about it?

Long pause.

RED
    I was invited.

HILBERT
    I can barely believe you’re a member of the International Police let alone on the VIP list for the Champion’s Conference...

RED
    One could say the same about you. Don’t be so quick to judge.

HILBERT
    ...You’re right. Touche, touche...
    (beat)
    So what, we’re just holed up here? I have goals, I have a life---
    (on Iris, who rolls her eyes)
    I’m not just gonna sit here and---

IRIS
    (interjecting)
    I have a suggestion.

HILBERT
    Okay.

IRIS
    Red and I have a mission to fulfill but since I’ve dealt with you before, I think it’d be best if I went along for the ride... I’ll come with you and your friend, for protection. It’s obvious you two can’t stay out of trouble without some sort of supervision.

HILBERT
    And yet us two stayed out of trouble when we traveled together? Funny. I have a suggestion to your suggestion. We go to this Team Rocket’s base and kick some ***.

IRIS
    Nice suggestion to my suggestion. How about I suggest a new suggestion to the suggestion you suggested to my suggestion? I suggest we have a plan first. Besides, we haven’t made progress on where they are exactly yet.
    (to Red)
    Do you have a suggestion to Hilbert’s suggestion to my suggestion?

RED
    I don’t have a suggestion to Hilbert’s suggestion to your suggestion. But I agree. It’s the whole reason why I asked you to come with me, so it’s not really your suggestion. Wouldn’t that originally be my suggestion, which you claimed was your suggestion, which Hilbert suggested changes to your suggestion so I suggest that--

HILBERT
    (irate)
    How about we stop saying “suggest”?

Long pause. About five seconds.

BEAT.

Mumbling:

HILBERT (CONT’D)
    You know about the robots, right?

IRIS
    ...Yes. That was our mission. We were going to let the gym leader’s know, but apparently Brock of Pewter is in Cerulean City with its gym leader, Misty. So our first stop would be there.

HILBERT
    I’ll do whatever I can to help you stop these losers. I wanted to win badges and now I’m gonna be stuck saving the world -- again. Let’s make this quick so I can become Champion, okay?

IRIS
    (mocking him)
    Gonna’ give yourself another impossible goal? Wanna defeat Team Rocket in two days?

HILBERT
    Hey, I made the impossible possible last time, didn’t I?

Iris giggles.

IRIS
    I guess you did. Come on, your friend’s been whining for you. Or at least I think he’s talking about you...

INT. CAFETERIA - DAY
    HARETA’s made himself at home in the cafeteria. He’s got an entire plate of food and he’s chowing down like a pig. HILBERT, IRIS and RED enter. Hilbert smirks at Hareta, amused. The kid hears them enter and he gives a happy grin.

HARETA
    ...There you are, Sherbert!

Hilbert rolls his eyes.

HILBERT
    (dryly)
    Yep. That’s me. Sherbert.

Iris giggles.

IRIS
    C’mon you two, we’re leaving.

HARETA
    Going where?

IRIS
    We have a few locations we need to get to. First stop? Cerulean City to meet with the gym leader -- and then we’re gonna make a quick stop at the Power Plant. Hilbert, send out Archeops so we can fly there.

Hilbert puts a hand behind his head and chuckles awkwardly--

HILBERT
    Funny story, actually...

IRIS
    What, were you stupid and decided for a “fresh start” so you left all your old Pokémon in the PC? Because there’s a PC here if--

RED
    (interjecting)
    No, Team Rocket took his Pokémon.

BEAT.

IRIS
    Well, do you have any?!

Hilbert pulls out three Poké Balls and sends out RAICHU and CHARMANDER (CHARLOTTE).

Iris doesn’t look impressed.

IRIS (CONT’D)
    Well none of them will help us fly.
    (to Hareta)
    What about you, kid?

Hareta sends out PACHIRISU, SKITTY, CROAGUNK, and PINECO. Pineco suddenly SELFDESTRUCTS and once the smoke clears, Hareta’s on his back, sprawled out and dizzied. All of his Pokémon are knocked out too now.

IRIS (CONT’D)
    Ugh. Red, can we borrow one of your Flying-types? You’re staying here right?

RED
    Yeah, since you volunteered and we need someone operating the Mancave down here.

IRIS
    Mancave? I thought we agreed...

RED
    It’s my mancave, beeyotch. I miss having one since I left Mount Silver...
    (clears throat)
    Anyway, Charizard’s capable of flying. Let me ask him if I can loan him to you...

Red lets out his CHARIZARD, the final evolved form of CHARMANDER. It is a bipedal, orange, Dragon-like lizard and has a long tail with a fire burning at the tip. It has extremely sharp claws, a
    long neck, and two horns protruding from the back of its head. The front of its two wings is teal, while the back is orange like the most of its body.
    Red fist pumps excitedly, giving an energetic speech to the massive orange lizard-dragon.

RED (CONT’D)
    Wanna’ fly my friends around? Iris’ll take great care of you...

Anxious, Charizard blasts a Flamethrower right in Red’s face. Once the smoke clears, Charizard starts rubbing his massive head against Red’s chest like a puppy, whilst a soot-covered Red shoves the lizard’s head away, shaking his fist as he yells:

RED (CONT’D)
    Okay okay, all you had to do was say you’d miss me, sheesh!

He recalls Charizard and looks at Iris. Blinks.

RED (CONT’D)
    ...That was a no.

IRIS
    And our friend doesn’t have any Flying-types either.

HILBERT
    Friend?

IRIS
    I have someone to introduce you to.

Hilbert and Hareta follow Iris...

INT. BUNKER - LIVING QUARTERS - CONTINUOUS
    ...into a LIVING QUARTERS, where a boy slightly older than Hareta, but younger than Hilbert and Iris, sits on an uncomfortable looking bed with his legs moving back and forth, his feet planted on a SKATEBOARD that he constantly moves to keep himself occupied.

He wears a red and black hoodie over a black t-shirt, with baggy black basketball shorts. His name? CAL.

On his shoulder is a purple monkey, with beige color on their faces, ear insides, belly, feet and tails. On its face is a constantly cheeky smile. Along their heads are large, oval-shaped ears and a cowlick. The most famous feature of this arboreal Pokémon is the three-fingered hand on the end of its tail. She’s an AIPOM. In Cal’s arms, which he holds delicately, is a TOGEPI, a tiny egg Pokémon with colorful shape patterns on its shell. Meanwhile, chewing on his hood, is a massive blue and red alligator called FERALIGATR. Chewing on his arm is a tiny, bug-looking sand creature with beady eyes, an orange body, and stubby feet. A TRAPINCH.

CAL
    This bed is like prison-comfortable...

He stretches, yawns, and yanks his hood out of Feraligatr’s mouth. The gator grumbles, annoyed. Cal notices company --

CAL (CONT’D)
    Oh. New people. Who are they?

IRIS
    Cal, this is Hilbert and...

HARETA
    Hareta! Nice to meet you sir!

Hareta rushes forward giddily and holds his hand out. Cal shakes it with his free hand.

CAL
    Hareta? Cool to meet you. And Hilbert... Iris has told me a lot about you. Crazy to finally meet you.

HILBERT
    Nice to meet you too...
    (swings around)
    ...So wait, who is this kid?

IRIS
    I was scouting for a... replacement at the Opelucid Gym, whenever I needed someone to take over. Grandpa Drayden’s not getting any younger, so I need to train an apprentice of my own to take over when I’m gone. So I went off to find a distant family member of mine, and ended up tracing it back to Cal here. He’s a successful breeder. He doesn’t catch Pokémon you see, all of the Pokémon he owns were hatched from eggs he’s raised in his Pokémon Trainer’s School. I was pretty impressed when I went to visit his class...

INT. POKEMON TRAINER'S SCHOOL - DAY (FLASHBACK)
    CAL is on-stage.

CAL
    So this guy walks into an elevator right and he, uh... uh...
    (wipes sweat off brow)
    ...he sees this sexy lady and he turns to his buddy and says "I'd like to take a Rhydon her."

BA-DUM-TISHHHH.

Off Cal's face, expecting uproarious applause... as tomatoes suddenly bombard the stage. He is hit square in the face, falling on his back.

PAN through the crowd, everyone boo'ing and throwing tomatoes, until we end up on IRIS: who's joining in with the crowd!

INT. BUNKER - LIVING QUARTERS - DAY
    Cal smirks.

CAL
    She’s just being modest. I was terrible. Left only bad impressions... She totally crushed by dreams of being a comedian! No one appreciates proper skateboarder-slash-stoner humor in the big city!

Iris doesn’t deny it.

CAL (CONT’D)
    (clarifying)
    Iris only brought me here because I’m family. And then she got dragged into illegal activity, and now here I am, a fugitive with the cousin-I’ve-never-met-before.

IRIS
    We’re not fugitives Cal, we’re assisting fugitives, there’s a difference! Besides, this will give us proper cousin bonding time...!

CAL
    (frowning)
    So where are we going anyway?

IRIS
    Well, we’ll have to either catch a Flying-type or do it the old fashioned way --

HARETA
    Horse and carriage?

IRIS
    No. We have no horses either.
    (beat)
    We’re gonna’ have to walk.

CAL
    Or try catching a Flying-type. That could be a fun, team-building exercise, eh?

EXT. VIRIDIAN FOREST - DAY
    IRIS walks while CAL skates on his skateboard around the forest while HILBERT and HARETA lounge in chairs, sharing a bag of popcorn. Iris sends out ZWEILOUS, a large, fierce black, two-headed dragon. The evolved form of DEINO.

HILBERT (V.O.)
    Iris was trying desperately to catch a Flying-type.

Zweilous fires a Draco Meteor attack into the top of a tree. Suddenly, a flock of PIDGEOTTO and PIDGEOT fly out -- diving right for Iris. They suddenly use Air Slash attacks to knock her on her back. When the dust clears and the angry birds (lol) fly away into the blue sky, Iris is left on the ground. Cal helps her up, and she angrily looks over at the lazy boys, unleashing her fury on them.

IRIS
    You know, you guys could help!

LATER: Hilbert and Hareta search the forest for some Flying types now, too. Hareta starts making chortling noises. Iris and Hilbert give him ‘WTF?’ faces. Hareta notices and returns their expressions with a grin.

HARETA
    I know how to talk to Pokémon! I’m using bird calls --

He continues. Hilbert, Iris and Cal look skeptical.

CAL
    I don’t think it’s working...

BA-KAWWW.

A loud, shrill cry from the skies. Hareta pulls out a Poké Ball.

HARETA
    It’s coming!!

A large, fearsome looking bird swoops down from the skies, with a sharp hooked beak and enormous, intimidating eyes. This is a FEAROW. Hilbert, Iris, and Cal’s faces lose color while Hareta jumps up and down happily.

HARETA (CONT’D)
    Told ya it’d work!!

IRIS
    RUN!!

Hilbert, Iris and Cal take off while Hareta waits behind. As the Fearow swoops down, he wraps his arms around it and climbs on its neck. It starts to choke and gasp, flying higher into the air. Hilbert, Iris and Cal stop running (skating in Cal’s case) and look up to Fearow, who’s gliding erratically through the sky.

Suddenly, Hareta FALLS off of Fearow’s back and goes hurtling down -- he crashes through tree branches and leaves and hits the forest floor with a THUD. He sits up with a chuckle as Hilbert, Iris and Cal run over to him. Cal helps Hareta up with a laugh.

CAL
    That was awesome!!

Hareta wanders around, arms outstretched, dazed and dizzy, but grinning. Cal helps him stand.

HARETA
    I wanna’ do it again.

IRIS
    Yeah, well we still don’t have a bird--

HILBERT
    Maybe we should just stick to the old fashioned way.

Iris sighs, disappointed.
    X Team:

Y Team: