Thread: Sapphire save file gets deleted

Default Sapphire save file gets deleted

Hi all

Firstly i am newbie in the forum and couldn't find a suitable topic for my problem.

I've just bought a copy of pokemon sapphire. Yet I could not enjoy it because my save file is deleted everytime I eject the game cartridge from my ds lite system. Also the same thing happens when I change my gba game or play the ds game. Unlike others' problems, this doesn't happen when i continuously save and play my sapphire game.

How can I overcome this problem? Is this problem due to my console or the game itself?

Thanks

The game is probably fake. I had the same problem, so I decided to try something out. I changed the internal battery inside the game myself, and that sorted things out. I've been playing for over 100 hours without having my save file deleted.

I'm not quite sure why the internal battery affected the save file, but I'm glad it did.

Your pokemon sapphire is totally fake because real copies don't say that. They either say "the internal battery has run dry the can be played."However clock based events will longer occur". And if you are saving and turned off the game it will corrupt. P.S does your game say "the game can be played"? Because fakes say that. Another P.S. My dad bought ruby,sapphire,and emerald for me and fire red and leaf green for my brother from ebay my dad doesn't like using ebay because people can scam u and there is lots of fake gba cartridges and when it delivered, he got mad and returned it and gave me and brother legit copies and let me use ebay for me and brother and gave me a credit card in case to put money on PayPal I am the smart to tell if games are fake. Sorry for long information.
    Big Mudkip Fan

Your game is most likely a fake, well at least according to THIS!

Hope I Helped!

tomatohater
    Too much water guys!

Quote Originally Posted by -GameMaster- View Post
    The game is probably fake. I had the same problem, so I decided to try something out. I changed the internal battery inside the game myself, and that sorted things out. I've been playing for over 100 hours without having my save file deleted.

I'm not quite sure why the internal battery affected the save file, but I'm glad it did.
    I guess a bunch of fake GBA games don't have a Flash Memory, meaning that the savefile can't be held on the game once the internal battery runs dry. This is exactly the case in older Gameboy games (R/B/Y/G/S/C). To me, this is really annoying, as you have to backup your savefile before it gets deleted.