Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you know people who like Pokemon, or are you the only one in your area?

Default Do you know people who like Pokemon, or are you the only one in your area?

The question is pretty standard, do you have friends you know in person who likes the franchise still? Or have they grown out of it and you're alone.

For me i'm alone unfortunately, nobody i know actually plays it or likes the franchise. It's seen as something to take the piss out of nowadays, i keep the fact i still like the franchise to myself.

It's the reason i'm on Serebii actually. Anyway, what about you guys?

I actually know plenty of people my own age who still play the games. They're not as into it as I am, but they've at least played up to Gen V. I also know a lot of people who only like Generation I, but they tend to not play a lot of video games as it is. But the only time I ever battle them is with rentals in Pokémon Stadium 1 and 2. And I hardly ever trade. It's just the occasional topic of conversation.
    Yellow Team

Current Pokémon Y Team Members
    Greninja, Venusaur, Blaziken, Raichu, Tyrantrum, Mr. Mime

Pokémon X Planned Team Members
    Chesnaught, Charizard, Vespiquen, Jynx, Jolteon, Lucario

In person? Not really I know one guy I used to work with played, but I'm not sure he still does (he was more into TCG games like Yugioh, anyway), and he lives about an hour and a half from me, anyway. Past that, I got a friend of mine into it, but she's not SUPER into it (though she put 600+ hours on her Black cartridge in about 2 or 3 months).

Sid87's Gen 6 Igloo Shop!

FC: 3823-9867-2750

Me and one friend basicly, I have others friends that like it and occasionally play it on online places(don't buy the actual games) but they don't follow the series(games or anime anymore) only one does.

Why yes I do. In my school, we have an anime club with a decent amount of Pokemon players video game wise in which some are my friends but I keep my love of Pokemon to myself there.

I know a few people at school who like playing Pokemon but they aren't nearly as obsessed with it like me. They get tired of it sometimes while I still I love the series. They just like to play the games every once in a while.

Yes there are a fair number of people in my year who like pokemon, but I'm probably the most enthuastic. To be fair, I am better friends with some people due to pokemon, since it is a common interest.
    1st X run:

Unfortunately, I'm the only person I know that still plays it. Everyone I know moved on to other stuff.

I know three people who have played Pokemon, still do occasionally, and know all about it, but I'm the most dedicated.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss
    This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Warrior Scolipede
    Originally posted by razorrozar7
    Jesus said, "Love thy neighbor." He didn't say, "Love thy neighbor as long as they are straight, white, Christian, morally responsible individuals."
    Officially claimed Aht from Radiant Historia.

Grammar: It's the difference between knowing your sh*t, and knowing you're sh*t.

There is a Pokemon club at my school but I don't go because I know that everyone there is going to be way more hard core than me. Of the three people that I consider being my good friends, two were never into Pokemon (they are older than me) and one out grew it.
    (template from Jerkfighter)

Pretty much all of my friends are Pokemon fans.

I know one person that does competitive battling and goes on Serebii. Then there're like three other people that I'm aware of that play Pokemon, but don't know anything about EVs or IVs or any of that complicated stuff. And then there are like two people who don't have time for Pokemon anymore.
    I'll put something here...eventually

My two only IRL friends play Pokemon, though one of them is more into the games and the other is more into fanfic/fanart.

Back from a very long hiatus. Signature and other things under construction! My friend code is 3496-9664-6228, and my friend safari contains Slugma, Growlithe, and Braixen.

Spoiler:- Shinies and credits:

I live with four housemates, two of them also play Pokemon. So yes.

Oddly enough I thought I was the only one, then when I started posting on FB about me playing pokemon and such I found out there are a LOT of people who like it and just don't say anything

I am very envious of some of you. Sadly, I have no one in my area that happens to play Pokemon, well, at least none of my friends.

Unfortunately, no

In fact, pretty much every socially influential person I know considers pokemon to be a game for 6 year old kids, and many of them mock the people who are open pokemon fans. So I have to keep my love for pokemon to myself in my social life :/
    I can smell u

Quote Originally Posted by Colt45 View Post
    Unfortunately, no

In fact, pretty much every socially influential person I know considers pokemon to be a game for 6 year old kids, and many of them mock the people who are open pokemon fans. So I have to keep my love for pokemon to myself in my social life :/
    This is exactly what goes on in my life.

Quote Originally Posted by YamaskUnchained View Post
    Oddly enough I thought I was the only one, then when I started posting on FB about me playing pokemon and such I found out there are a LOT of people who like it and just don't say anything
    I shudder to think what some of my friends would say if I posted a FB status about pokemon. I wish I lived in your area.
    I can smell u

There would be no end to the harassment I would receive for doing such a thing.

Colt45, what area do you happen to live in? If you don't mind me asking that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Colt45 View Post
    I shudder to think what some of my friends would say if I posted a FB status about pokemon. I wish I lived in your area.
    I thought the same thing for sure, and was welcomed with about 20 likes and a large discussion on the amazing story arc of Pokemon Black and how great X/Y will be. Was truly a shock as a nerd who doesn't really have many people to talk to about my nerdy innards

I thought the same thing for sure, and was welcomed with about 20 likes and a large discussion on the amazing story arc of Pokemon Black and how great X/Y will be. Was truly a shock as a nerd who doesn't really have many people to talk to about my nerdy innards
    Please, do not consider me to be conceited or anything of the sort, but I play sports, heavily and I am very commited, and i once tried to bring up the subject to my Basketball and Football teams, and it was terrible. I managed to play it off by saying I was just kidding and such... I really do envy you.

Quote Originally Posted by OnceDone View Post
    Please, do not consider me to be conceited or anything of the sort, but I play sports, heavily and I am very commited, and i once tried to bring up the subject to my Basketball and Football teams, and it was terrible. I managed to play it off by saying I was just kidding and such... I really do envy you.
    I realize how lucky I am haha I played football and soccer for years in highschool, I'm a signed rapper, but am a huge comic book nerd and am doing a 6 piece album set based off pokemon. I truly have it lucky where I can do that and still have some support from friends and other musicians haha I thought for sure once I flexed my nerd that I was done for with rap

I realize how lucky I am haha I played football and soccer for years in highschool, I'm a signed rapper, but am a huge comic book nerd and am doing a 6 piece album set based off pokemon. I truly have it lucky where I can do that and still have some support from friends and other musicians haha I thought for sure once I flexed my nerd that I was done for with rap
    Wow, thats absolutely great! I wish you the best of luck with your career, and again... I really envy you

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast