Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Do you know people who like Pokemon, or are you the only one in your area?

I had two friends that I always battled and traded with.. I also met someone in public with a DS and Pokemon game, which is how I got some trade only evolutions.

I was just playing Pokémon Black 2 on my way to school on the bus and a girl sat down and we talked about Pokémon the whole way there. Should have gotten her number oh well haha

Pokemon is still very much alive for my School actually. almost every Yu-gi-oh player i know plays pokemon casually, or competitively. we even have our own Pokemon club where we battle competitively and play the TCG.
    [IMG]http://oi42.*******.com/no61ic.jpg[/IMG]

Credits to FairyWitch for the buttons and Sworn Metalhead for the Userbar!

Sadly, I was apart of a group of people that once played the games. Now that group is all but extinct. They were like me and grew up watching the original series in the 90's but then it dawned on them that it was just a game and stopped playing. Im the only one who has kept on playing and buying the games and watching the series. Im glad that im a pokemon fan, i'll never stop buying and playing the games.

Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one in my area. If I ever find some who do, It's usually very basic and introductory.

Of course, there are more Pokemon fans in India, but I do not know any Pokemon fan living near me.

~ Credit to DaisyInari for the battlecut ~
    ~ I have officially claimed Mew (Pokemon), Poo (EarthBound) and EarthBound itself ~

I just hung out with a bunch of friends, all at various stages of uni/post uni, and played some B2W2 entralink missions with them. =p

There were people in my high school who played Pokemon and certainly a good number to be found at my uni too.

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Forums! Join in!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current Article: From RSE to ORAS - what has improved? We look at aspects that changed for better or worse.
    Previous Article: Dude, where's my Game Corner? Learn why you can't gamble in ORAS. =(
    Avatar: minty-fivestar on DA, edited background/cropping. Fic banner: cieux.

I have about 2-3 friends nearby, and we enjoy the Entralink together as well. and I beat their arses in battles. lol

My cousin was used to like Pokemon, not as much as me, and nowadays he don't even interest to know about the new starters of each generation.

I'm currently the only one in my area, but I will probably introduce some of my friends to Pokemon.

Cool A couple of people actually

lets see there is one of my cousins possibly 2 and there is my older brother who is an off again on again fan of the pokemon franchise and im not sure if this counts but I have seen people on swtor who like pokemon.
    If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says,
    If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father at the gates of Heaven.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
    for those of you who are interested here is my link to my youtube account: http://www.youtube.com/user/pokedigijedi

Trade shop: pokedigijedi's bounty board
    3DS FRIEND CODE: 4382-2152-1254 friend safari type: poison pokemon ariados, kakuna, and muk. please don't take too long too add me it drives me crazy and I will delete your friend code

I have one good friend that likes Pokemon as much as me, and I recently got him to join SPPF!
    Other than that, some people like it, but not as big of fans as I am
    - National Pokedex Completion Date- 3/12/13 (Thanks EpiK SauCe!)

FC: 5129-0492-5213

LOOKING FOR: Modest, 4/5 IV from Alpha Sapphire
    PM me for offers!! PLEASE!!

Quite a few. We have mini trading/battling sessions during breaktimes between classes, just because we're that cool

I'm in college, and a bunch of my friends there are replaying through old classics. We even had a group in facebook, to post pokememes and stuff.. Cool people never stop liking cool stuff ^^
    "You can't tell me what I can't do" -John Locke

A rare few. But they weren't into it nearly as much as me. And now I'm moving in a week or two to another country so yeah that's not really gonna change much.

Plat FC: Restarted recently. Update later.
    HG FC: 0820 1928 9654
    White FC: 1550 7122 1586
    Black 2 FC: 3526 4292 5271
    3DS: 2809-8335-2844
    Screen Name: Atli

Quote Originally Posted by Sheimi-Shaymin View Post
    Then you sir, must be burned. May I graciously pour gasoline onto your person and ignite you with a match, and allow my farts to viciously make the flames bigger.

I used have a friend in high school who I'd talk to about Pokemon.
    He asked me to battle many times (the reason I didn't was down to my inability to defeat the E4 in D/P).
    Some time after high school, he suddenly became less interested in the recent games, and more so in just battling competitively on simulators.
    Nowadays, I understand he shuns anything that isn't Gen I-III, as he finds that Pokemon turned into a broken mess post-Gen III.
    I don't resent him for that. In fact, I do see where he's coming from, what with Stealth Rock rendering many Pokemon nigh-unusable, and Shell Smash boosting the likes of Cloyster and Crustle to game-breaking levels.
    However, the difference between me and him is that I find pleasure in simply playing through the games and not concerning myself with the competitive scene.
    I just feel a little sad that I didn't make more of an effort to take him up on his challenge back in high school.

~The Head Honchkrow~

A journey most XtraordinarY is about to begin...

Well, there are a few people in my town that play Pokemon (I guess, considering the fact that one time I went to Walmart, and HeartGold was sold out), but they're not people I know or hang out with... Most people just make fun of Pokemon where I live, sadly.

tumblr
    - i've claimed zelos wilder, xerneas, and tales of the abyss
    Omega Ruby team:

I'm really lucky in this sense, I made several friends in secondary school who are really into pokemon and all but one of them are still into it and up to date. It must be hard to be an alone pokemon lover, your obsession would only be fed by others over the internet, in fact I'd say if my friends had grown out of it I would have given up by now.
    Objectives:
    1) Fill a box with shiny pokemon! (before X)
    2) Breed quality competitive battlers!
    3) befriend someone with a ditto safari!
    Drop me a PM if you want to help me! We'll sort a trade out

I am very lucky in this sense. Most of my closest friends still religiously play pokemon games when they are released. I lived in a house for years with 4 other people in college and after, on the weekends we partied and during the week after work we all played videogames. When black and white came out, there was like 2 straight months of mass pokemon hysteria. Trading, battling, trading shiny pokemon for real life goods, and loads of bragging rights. I've since left the town where I attended school and moved to Oklahoma City because I am lucky and got a great job. However, I miss those guys and those times. Being an adult, it is hard to find someone with similar interests, and I am a pokemon addict.
    time you enjoy wasting is not wasted- john lennon

I don't use "uber" Pokemon, I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature. (Started by Tyranitar)

I was lucky enough to know a couple of people and through a couple of years of playing and talking have a bunch of people I know into Pokemon now. The original group was three people and now it is 16 of us or so that play.

I know there are people around me.

Am I friends with that and all?

NOPE. So I have 2 ds's and all the games so I can trade with myself. Cause no one I actually know plays. But I know like little kids are everywhere cause every now and then I get a StreetPass from someone i dont know xD

I have like two friends that got BW2.

Do I hang out with them.

LOL NOPE. I never get the chance to and really now, people dont need friends for pokemon since everything is online now l:

I know most of the people my age in my area and I can safely say that about 5% of those people do not play or like pokemon. I have a couple of relatives which I hardly see and thats about all.

Quote Originally Posted by Colt45 View Post
    Unfortunately, no

In fact, pretty much every socially influential person I know considers pokemon to be a game for 6 year old kids, and many of them mock the people who are open pokemon fans. So I have to keep my love for pokemon to myself in my social life :/
    Exactly like me. Well I know somebody but he's not at my school, so I'm okay. If one of my friend knew that I play Pokémon, I think I wouldn't have friend anymore, being rejected as well. So I'm hiding it but I also play Xbox, not because it's the best way to hide Pokémon, but also because I love this Xbox. So yeah, that's my own pleasure.
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

I know people who like Pokemon but they only play the first 3 gen games since they don't have a DS

Only one other person. The second one moved away last summer, and the one other person left I rarely talk to.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast