Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you know people who like Pokemon, or are you the only one in your area?

I know about 6 people in my highschool who still plays the games, one of the 6 plays funfest missions with me everyday during lunch, 1 person whos been playing the games since RB(and his fav pokemon is btw), and 11 miles across my house there is a league in a walmart full of players.
    Frankly, I live in a pokemon community lol
    Last edited by Specialbeamcanon; 22nd February 2013 at 4:46 AM.

Specialbeamcannon, what part of Texas? I'll be moving there, most likely, next year.

Quote Originally Posted by OnceDone View Post
    Specialbeamcannon, what part of Texas? I'll be moving there, most likely, next year.
    Mckinney Your gonna love it here.

Quote Originally Posted by Specialbeamcanon View Post
    Mckinney Your gonna love it here.
    Thanks! I am really excited for the move! I've lived in California for most of my life, and Texas seems like a HUGE change..
    Wow, I'll me moving around your area, either Plano or Dallas!

Quote Originally Posted by Colt45 View Post
    Unfortunately, no

In fact, pretty much every socially influential person I know considers pokemon to be a game for 6 year old kids, and many of them mock the people who are open pokemon fans. So I have to keep my love for pokemon to myself in my social life :/
    Sadly, this is my situation too. But I should feel sorry for them, they don't know what fun they're missing! I think they're just jealous! :P

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Feel free to friend me for battles & trades!
    White 2 FC: Amber/5458 8723 9024

Years ago, almost everyone in my area liked Pokemon.

Now: No one does anymore, not even the kids.

I think we're at a point in society where Pokemon and games of the such are just "uncool" for some reason. Being a nerd now a days for them means watching the live action Mortal Kombat or playing CoD. They're into more violent, live action things instead of the stories and cartoons we were

Unfortunately I'm in the same boat as some, no one around my area plays anymore pretty much because they've out grown it. Sometimes during school my friends would bring it up remembering how popular it was when we were younger, and get a few laughs in but I would try to contain myself so I wouldn't nerd out. So for the most part I've kept it to myself and joined a few forums which is why I'm here on Serebii. I don't know of any places near me where people that play the games hang out, in fact I have about half hour drive to the nearest Town that would actually have anything. But I'll still keep playing Pokemon regardless, I don't see myself ever quitting the series I love it to much
    "I see now that the Circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."
    -Mewtwo
    Mega Snorlax make it happen GAME FREAK!!

3DS FC: 3308-4646-2043
    NNID: Zyon17

Colt45, what area do you happen to live in? If you don't mind me asking that is.
    Not at all, around Houston, Texas, what about you?
    I can smell u

Not at all, around Houston, Texas, what about you?
    Currently living in Reno, Nevada. But I'm making the move to the Plano, Texas area next year. It's nice to have already found some Texas based Serebii users.

Currently living in Reno, Nevada. But I'm making the move to the Plano, Texas area next year. It's nice to have already found some Texas based Serebii users.
    Yes indeed it is always nice to find fellow texan pokemon fans. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Plano just north of Dallas? If so, both sets of my grandparents live in the Dallas area, maybe you'll run into them..... lol, probably not.
    I can smell u

Yes indeed, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Plano just north of Dallas? If so, both sets of my grandparents live in the Dallas area, maybe you'll run into them..... lol, probably not.
    Yes, that's exactly right. Haha who knows, maybe :P

I WAS the only one, then I dragged my friend into my liking of it, so now there's the two of us. She's constantly having to ask me if certain attacks are worth teaching Pokemon, and if certain Pokemon have good stats, but that's alright. xD
    What's annoying is that I have another friend who's not even really into Pokemon, but she still pretends to know everything about it. I asked her if she knew what Umbreon is, because it's my favorite Pokemon, she stuttered a lot and changed the subject. That was pretty funny for me. xD

Yes, that's exactly right. Haha who knows, maybe :P
    Out of curiosity, have you joined serebii only as recently as your date shows, or where you a silent reader for a while like I was?
    I can smell u

Out of curiosity, have you joined serebii only as recently as your date shows, or where you a silent reader for a while like I was?
    I have been a silent reader for quite some time, and I am pretty glad that I decided to join.

Unfortunately, I am the only one of my friends and relatives who still plays Pokemon. When Pokemon first came out, most of my friends and relatives were huge Pokemon fans, but they all either quit playing video games altogether, or they think Pokemon is childish. I have been talking to a few relatives and they are interested in Pokemon X and Y. They said if the devs made this new game a lot different from the others then they would buy it. They are tired of the same game formula. So, maybe I will be able to convince some of them to buy the new games
    Pokémon Y Friend Code: 4441-9508-9799
    In-game name: Daniel

I have an Electric Safari: Dedenne, Helioptile, and Luxio.

Quote Originally Posted by RogueLapras View Post
    Unfortunately, I am the only one of my friends and relatives who still plays Pokemon. When Pokemon first came out, most of my friends and relatives were huge Pokemon fans, but they all either quit playing video games altogether, or they think Pokemon is childish. I have been talking to a few relatives and they are interested in Pokemon X and Y. They said if the devs made this new game a lot different from the others then they would buy it. They are tired of the same game formula. So, maybe I will be able to convince some of them to buy the new games
    One thing to ask. have you ever tried playing Pokemon Spin off Games? It may be the things your pals were seeking.

I'm just merely mo own who enjoys pokemon. most of my university mates know them but they only play DotA so much. Jut DOTA EVERYWHERE! And I'm not including the second version since my place has a crap ton of economical problems that kept the populace poor where virtual gaming can only be found on PC. As much as they also wanted to play Nintendo's games along with the other two, they just can't afford it yet.
    Final Chapter: 38: Mountain's Edge(Click the Banner above)

as you can see in my sig, we are a group(PPM, first iranian pokemon group) and we play together, we're all best friends!----->(( Music Man, 2rsa, Kian D, Master Arian &.....))
    Simply awesome!!!
    BLACK FC:4126-7563-7425
    Main Party
    Competitive Party
    P.P.M
    The First Iranian Pokémon Group

Yeah, I'm pretty much the only one who plays Pokemon among my friends. When I was growing up Pokemon was huge around where I lived but as everyone got older my friends moved on to different type of games and I also quit Pokemon for a long time until I got into it again last summer.

Most of my friends know I play these games nowadays though and they don't have a problem with it but they just don't like Pokemon games that much anymore. Perhaps X and Y will get them into Pokemon again.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

Pretty sure it's only me... I have a few friends who love it but I don't know if they play the games anymore or anything like that, I've lost touch with them anyway.

My boyfriend thinks it's childish, and that I'm too old for it, but I don't think he ever got into pokemon when he was younger, he was probably a little bit too old in the first place.

So I tend to keep it to myself, and don't tell people how many hours I put into playing anymore It's sad really...

Black 2 FC:
    2452 4122 3003

Unfortunately, no

In fact, pretty much every socially influential person I know considers pokemon to be a game for 6 year old kids, and many of them mock the people who are open pokemon fans. So I have to keep my love for pokemon to myself in my social life :/
    Not alone. I do have friends who like Pokemon. My girlfriend also likes pokemon, but I don't like sharing pokemon in front of my other friends who would pry make fun of me.

Outside of the internet, not as many of my friends play Pokemon as they used to... but they could also just be being secretive about it like me.

I know a handful of people who do play Pokemon still, but I'm not sure how much they enjoy it each. Not to mention... a couple of them not only cheat on Pokemon, but one of them also illegally downloads nearly all of his games. :I
    Take it easy
    "See you next summer..."
    (S2 is now!)
    I'm looking for an old piece of art I requested on here years ago and lost. It was a brown-haired girl with a pink wristband riding a Torterra. If you think you have this picture saved or have seen it somewhere please let me know and send it to me.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeWolf View Post
    Unfortunately, I'm the only person I know that still plays it. Everyone I know moved on to other stuff.
    Same, this happened around 2006 when i moved into Secondary School. However, i remained a fan of the franchise despite everybody else.

Quote Originally Posted by The Benmeister View Post
    I live with four housemates, two of them also play Pokemon. So yes.
    That is very lucky, in-fact a scenario like this would be great.

I am very envious of some of you. Sadly, I have no one in my area that happens to play Pokemon, well, at least none of my friends.
    I agree with this 100%, it's annoying. I like going on Serebii but i'd much prefer friends in real life to discuss the anime and play the games with.

Unfortunately, no

Same here man, you're not the only one.

Please, do not consider me to be conceited or anything of the sort, but I play sports, heavily and I am very commited, and i once tried to bring up the subject to my Basketball and Football teams, and it was terrible. I managed to play it off by saying I was just kidding and such... I really do envy you.
    This exact thing happened to me aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by CinccinoChic View Post
    Sadly, this is my situation too. But I should feel sorry for them, they don't know what fun they're missing! I think they're just jealous! :P
    Haha if only!

Quote Originally Posted by Zyon View Post
    Unfortunately I'm in the same boat as some, no one around my area plays anymore pretty much because they've out grown it. Sometimes during school my friends would bring it up remembering how popular it was when we were younger, and get a few laughs in but I would try to contain myself so I wouldn't nerd out. So for the most part I've kept it to myself and joined a few forums which is why I'm here on Serebii. I don't know of any places near me where people that play the games hang out, in fact I have about half hour drive to the nearest Town that would actually have anything. But I'll still keep playing Pokemon regardless, I don't see myself ever quitting the series I love it to much
    During school that scenario happened to me a lot, everything else you listed is the same with me aswell. I doubt i'll leave the franchise since it's just incredible if i'm completely honest, it'll just be e interesting when i settle down with a girl and explain that i still like it...

Quote Originally Posted by RogueLapras View Post
    Because of the massive contrast with Gen 1 - 5, and X + Y i'm really hoping it encourages some of my mates to get them. Everybodies wanted a 3D region (Colleseum + XD aside) since the beginning, so now we've finally got one it could be the turning point.

I did think HG and SS would have encouraged people to play again since it was a remake of games we all played as children, but unfortunately it didn't so who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Sceptile Master View Post
    but they could also just be being secretive about it like me.
    I've always wondered this as-well. I've always thought i'd know if they did, but i've managed to keep it secret so there's no reason they can't either.

When I was a kid, all of my cousins played Pokemon with me. They introduced me to the series, actually! But then, they outgrew it during high school. I think I'm the only one who still plays it, besides my younger cousins. I have a few friends that battle me occasionally at school but the majority of the people I know mock me when I whip out my DS and play. My reply to them is that Pokemon practically taught me how to read English very well, and they usually shut up after that. =)
    A man once said:
    Sincerity is punished in my job, but when we need men, we must adjust to them, and since we cannot win them but by this way, it is not the fault of those who flatter, but those who want to be flattered.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast