Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you know people who like Pokemon, or are you the only one in your area?

I have a few friends that never gave up Pokemon and still play and a few of them are on another Pokemon forum I'm on.

Also, Pokemon hit my high school a couple years ago and tons of people started playing again.

Credit to zhanton
    Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    omg Larry is on! i can now sleep in peace knowing he is ok!

A few of my friends like it. Not all of them but most of my friends are band kids (senior in high school, band geek). During school when I have some free time I pull my 3ds out and play some pokemon. I'll get asked what I'm playing and I'll say someting along the lines of "I'm playing Pokemon" (so origanal right?) But then they will either say I'm immature or something along those lines, so I say that I know it isn't normal but MLP: FIM didn't appeal to me like most every other guy in my age group. I also play Magic openly, Yugioh, Pokemanz, all that stuff.
    THIS IS FOR MY NINTENDO 3DS HANDHELD SYSTEM 2664-2984-6619
    THIS IS FOR MY POKEMON WHITE VIDEO GAME Mike-0218-6703-3716

Actually no one I know play Pokemon. Actually,they always tease me when they saw some of my Pokemon stuffs.

3DS Friend Code: 1950 - 8194 -5373
    Ghost Friend Safari with Phantump, Lampent, and Driftblim

Spoiler:- Special Thanks:

I'm pretty much the only one in my area that I know besides a person on my bus and a friend of mine but this is usually what happens when we talk about it:

Me: "Cool Haxorus"
    Him: "Thanks"
    Me: "What's your ev spread? 4hp/252att/252/spe
    Him: "What?"

We still have fun but it is nice to chat with people on serebii who know more than I do.
    Friend Codes:
    Black 2: 3397-1561-0608
    White 2: 5115-1978-4787
    White: 1463-8794-8164

Shinies
    Regular: , , , , , x2, , , ,
    Events: , , , ,

I have one friend who likes Pokémon. The rest of our friends, not so much. One of my best friends gets hopelessly confused whenever we go off on one of our Pokémon talks whenever we're walking home from school. The others are just like "What the hell are you talking about" and try to change the subject. I know someone else in my year who also happens to like Pokémon but I'm not sure if she plays it as much anymore, plus we're more acquaintances than friends since I only really talk to her during lessons and such.

Out of the two of us, I'm definitely the more knowledgeable. I think he's got the grasp of how EVs and IVs work, though, and he knows how to RNG for shininess. (I tried to show him but failed miserably somehow.) Sometimes we talk about our teams (then he brags about how 'awesome' his team is and how he'll beat me... Maybe he's the IRL equivalent of a rival lol) and recently we've even started doing TCG stuff. I went around his house to open a booster box of Plasma Storm and we played a few matches with the cards we pulled in our seperate packs. He pulled all the full arts but I pulled the shining Blastoise, so it evened out.

Sadly, I don't know anyone else in the year and I don't know the lower years well enough to even consider if any of them play Pokémon. Here in Sixth Form something like Pokémon isn't really the sort of thing you would talk about though you won't get as harrassed about it as you would in lower years. Oh well. It'd have been nice to have a Pokémon club or something. You don't even really get much support for that sort of hobby here. We spent a long time trying, and failing, to find card sleeves for the mix-match packs of cards we bought sometime... How frustrating!

I have several friends who play. However, I am the one who plays it the most, which is also why I have an account on SPPf.
    3DS FC: 4597 - 0384 - 5442

If you add me, PM me with your friend code and I'll add you.
    Friend Safari: Grass; has Oddish, Ivysaur and Quilladin

Quote Originally Posted by jireh the provider View Post
    One thing to ask. have you ever tried playing Pokemon Spin off Games? It may be the things your pals were seeking.

I'm just merely mo own who enjoys pokemon. most of my university mates know them but they only play DotA so much. Jut DOTA EVERYWHERE! And I'm not including the second version since my place has a crap ton of economical problems that kept the populace poor where virtual gaming can only be found on PC. As much as they also wanted to play Nintendo's games along with the other two, they just can't afford it yet.
    Yeah I bought the first couple Mystery Dungeon Pokemon games. I played both of them but I didn't care for them. I showed them to my cousins and they didn't like them either. I bought Conquest and I really liked it, but I couldn't get my cousins to try it. They are wanting something that changes the battle styles a little, and how you see/catch wild Pokemon, and 3-D. They are also wanting to see a multiplayer aspect added. Idk how they could add something like that, but they already have the Entralink that allows you to visit other peoples world, so it may happen. Who knows? I know we don't know too much about Pokemon X and Y yet, but maybe it'll be really good. I'm hoping so anyway. I personally love the Pokemon games, but I do agree that it's time for a change in the game formula.
    Pokémon Y Friend Code: 4441-9508-9799
    In-game name: Daniel

I have an Electric Safari: Dedenne, Helioptile, and Luxio.

I have a few friends who do, but they're hardcore gamers who'll play just about any game; I'm the most fanatical of my friends that do play. Outside of my friends, I don't know anyone else who plays... everyone else openly mocks it when it comes up. I live right in the middle of Alabama; not exactly surrounded by the brightest crayons in the box for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheez Puf View Post
    I have a few friends who do, but they're hardcore gamers who'll play just about any game; I'm the most fanatical of my friends that do play. Outside of my friends, I don't know anyone else who plays... everyone else openly mocks it when it comes up. I live right in the middle of Alabama; not exactly surrounded by the brightest crayons in the box for the most part.
    I also live in Alabama, across the bay from Mobile. I can confirm your observations. Bright crayons, most are not.

Ever since I moved, the only other person I know in my area who likes Pokémon is this one girl from school. We're both "closeted" when it comes to playing Pokémon, I remember back in sixth grade when she'd need help she'd always wrap her game cards in a Post-It note and give it to me.

3DS: 2836 • 0189 • 795
    Pokémon Showdown: Witeldram
    Safari:
    Fighting - Sawk, Meditite, Riolu

Some of you who have even at least one person to play are very lucky, trust me it really sucks having to either talk about the games on a forum, or go on the GTS to battle/trade.

I've gotten used to it now, i'm just curious on whether people are in the same boat or not. It's 50/50 by the sounds of it.

Everyone in my area loves Pokemon. We don't talk about it a lot, and it's not like a main focus or a huge hobby, but everyone admits to playing it and still loving it like they did when they were a kid.
    Within my lifetime, I've done a lot of walking. I started my journey walking on a little path called Route 1. Little did I know that walking down that route would lead me onwards to a road that went by the name of Victory. Just west of Victory Road, I walked up an entire mountain where atop stood a silent trainer who was one of the mightiest I had ever faced. I've walked, through sandstorms, across the hard desert of Hoenn. I've walked through pelting hail, across the snow covered terrains of Sinnoh. And now as I look back on all my travels I find myself walking across the Skyarrow Bridge of Unova. It took a lot of walking through tall grass patches to get where I am today...But it was worth the walk.

I only know one friend where I live that's into it, or that I know plays the games for sure. I live in an area surrounded by hicks, so what do you think?
    Nothing interesting here. Carry on.
    Author's Profile

In my case, I have heard that some of my friends knows to play pokemon, but they aren't like me, So I consider that I am the only one how like pokemon.
    Lucario: Master of Aura...... and Chocolate!

FC(Pokemon Y): 4313-1362-5177

I know I'm not alone in playing Pokemom. I play it and my sister and her boyfriend do too.
    My Tumbur http://spiritdreamdoodlesandlifeblog.tumblr.com/

Gone til the 15 of December see you then!

I'm the only person on my grade who still had even a vague interest in Pokemon, there was another person last year but then people found out that he still played bad things hastened, very bad things. do no one at my school will ever find out that i still played

My friends grew up playing with me. They didn't get into it like I did, but they still whip their DSs and play every once in awhile. I take a crap on them when battling though, so they usually just don't bother me and battle each other.

I know a lot of people who play Pokémon. It's hard not to when there are several leagues every day around here. Only one of them is for the video games, though.

I don't know that many who play the video game competitively, but almost everyone I know plays Pokémon in some way.

Spoiler:- Credits:

Black Ice Xat
    Black Ice Youtube Channel

My Youtube Channel
    Battle videos and card pack openings

Soul Bound Studios Channel
    Destinies Divided (Star Wars fan fic) and Duster Brothers (original)

I'm the only one sadly.

Most of my friends gave up

Credit to Mr. Joker for the Glee banner
    Credit to Skiyomi for the lovely Blue Snover banner

If anyone is interested in a custom ribbon for your profile pic, be sure to check out Ayra's sprite thread in the fanart section, if you want to take a look at her work have a look at my profile.

Got my whole computer class into playing Showdown for about a week and half. -w-

A couple of dudes play it though, but none competitively.

"i unno man im just a pawniard"

vvv Lookie
    VO Clan/VO Xat/VO Battle Spreadsheet

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    The question is pretty standard, do you have friends you know in person who likes the franchise still? Or have they grown out of it and you're alone.

For me i'm alone unfortunately, nobody i know actually plays it or likes the franchise. It's seen as something to take the piss out of nowadays, i keep the fact i still like the franchise to myself.

It's the reason i'm on Serebii actually. Anyway, what about you guys?
    Well for me all my friends at my school like Pokemon, we battle and trade sometimes and my brothers like Pokemon but i think i'm the only one that's a true fan XD
    Looking Good!
    Would you like a "Signature" like mine?, contact me

I personally know a handful of people who still like and play Pokémon.
    3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

"Oh, and here is my grandson. …Erm, what was his name now?"

I'm the only one of my irl friends who still plays Pokemon. My friends know I play Pokemon and I am sometimes, when I mention Pokemon, am joked about it.

I of course know people in my area who I don't usually speak to that play Pokemon.

just testing

I have one really close friend, and my cousin, and a few other people I see occasionally who love it, but that's sorta it. Most of the kids I know have long grown out of it. Like 7 years ago I used to have a lot of friends that loved pokemon, but they grew out of it. And actually, I don't know in person anyone without aspergers who really loves pokemon and is over 12 years old (I know there are a lot of people like that on this forum, just none I've met in person). That includes me of course, I have it. So, yeah...it's just that so many people think it's immature and childish...and while I guess the anime could kinda be described that way (especially the unova saga), the games definitely aren't in my opinion! Not that I really care to be doing "immature" things anyway, if I like them .
    Hi I am back and hopefully really will be active again! LOVING XY so much but there really isn't even a point of saying I love it since it is just....arceus. Yeah. Anyways, my 3DS friend code is 0688 5572 5678 if anyone wants to battle or register me!
    Friend Safari: Slugma, Growlithe, Braixen

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast