Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Do you know people who like Pokemon, or are you the only one in your area?

I know about.... four <.> Two are my cousins, My brother, and one my friend. My older cousin is kinda still into Pokemon, but can't finish the games fully or has little time to play because of work, soccer, and other suff. my younger cousin is losing interest and going on to play other games. My brother is still into POkemon, but hasn't played in a while. He still gets excited about the news though. My friend is into Pokemon but we rarely hang out, He is most of the days busy so.. >:

Overall I kinda feel alone with the Pokemon thingy .-. but I still enjoy it alot <.>
    3DS: 1779-0094-0137

Credit to Sworn Metalhead

I have quite a few friends or people I know who are still fans/gamers and buy it whenever a new game comes out
    One of my friends only played BW but it didn't really interest her
    One of my friends has played everything but BW and isn't interested in playing anything beyond gen IV
    Another one of my friends hasn't played anything beyond the old gen 1/2 games, and another hasn't played anything beyond gen III
    And then there's some of my friends who like it but for the 1st/2nd seasons of the anime

"Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor."

I know quite a few people who like pokemon but it has diminished over the years. My best friend does not really play it much and stopped at soul silver. I am trying to convince her to get back into it with X and Y. In my area? I think I am the only one unless you count my brothers and cousins.

Nah, I'm not the only one i know who like's pokemon. I can say I like pokemon, my brother like's pokemon and one of my friends like pokemon.

Yes a few. There are some kids in my neighborhood who play competitive. My older sibling is into it to so theres that to. But I mean she isnt around she moved out but I guess that still counts
        Spoiler:- Credits:

I know three in my area, two of those people in the area are on the forum, and I also know two at my school who aren't on the forum. Also, my two older brothers (one still the other not so much) like PKMN. Not bad really. A decent community.

Claimed Majora's Mask/Skull Kid | 3DSFC - 4811.7177.1372.Liam | Art by me, TIL Userbar by Astral Shadow

Formerly: Chapter of Charizard

Well. There's my best friend and serebii user, ponymon. Ummm the Chinese girl in my class, my friends at school. My cousin. Yeah! Plenty.
    And. Someone. On. My. Street. I don't know who u saw them on the c-gear.
    theyre all girls. I do not know in person a single guy who plays Pokemon.

I was one of a few back home, but since moving to college, I've found a huge community of Pokemon fans.

The only people in my area (which is an itty bitty town) I know of is my boyfriend and myself. Even though I was introduced to Pokemon through my cousins, as they've grown older they've stopped playing it. The only time we've seen Pokemon in the Midwest City area of Oklahoma is through people having like a Pikachu shirt or such, like once in a full moon.

I did however get really excited this weekend when I saw two totally separate people playing Pokemon at a winter guard contest.
    Oh my gosh. You can tell I havent been on here since before X & Y was released.... Signature was before fairy type was even confirmed. Oh lordy that's been awhile ago.

Let's see I know two people who go to a neighboring school, and several weirdish kids who go to my school. This mostly just depends on your age, I would suspect. However, there is a pokemon club I may go to sometime with on of the people at the neighboring school...

You're all so lucky, I'd love to have at least one. All everybody thinks about pokemon here is a "little kid's game." Its ridiculous, really.
    Last edited by Aelov; 11th April 2013 at 2:34 AM.
    Firered Team:

Emerald Team this run:

Black 2 Team:

Boy do I want my HG I lost twice back

I know a few people, usually we talk pokemon, help each other out and enjoy the series for what its worth. even with the folks who stopped after gen I

I have 2 friends, who are playing the games. They are 16 and 22 if I remember correctly.
    They still buy the newest games like me. I also have a few friends who has played some of the previous games, and still thinks the franchise is good, they are just not playing it anymore.
    Other than that, I don't really know anyone who likes the series. A lot of people think that it is childish to play and watch Pokémon, but they are seriously wrong. As you know, Pokémon can be very complex and deep in a lot of ways, especially the competitive invironment is something that children don't know anything about. And the concept and universe itself is extremely deep, but it is a waste of time to explain to people, because they don't get it anyway.

You can't be too old for something, if you really love it. If other people thinks you are childish, then it is their problem.
    Fortunately there are a lot of forums on the internet like this, which are a perfect place for us Pokémon fans to be, because we understand each other and the deep Pokémon universe!
    If you are looking for XY Wi-Fi battles I'm always ready so just give me a shout!

3DS FC: 3454 0728 9992. Trainer name: Nikolaj.

Trinity League Badges:

I've loved Pokemon since I first started playing it, and back in the day, I had a pretty tight group of friends who loved it too. I went to a magnet school in elementary, so none of my friends were at the middle school I went to. NOBODY talked about pokemon there. I remember I asked this kid in sixth grade that I had sort of made friends with if she liked pokemon, and she stopped talking to me, so since then I pretty much just completely keep it to myself. What I think is funny is that in high school, when HGSS came out, I noticed people walking around with their pokewalkers like, almost concealed but not quite (I did a lot of errand running for my teachers, so I got bored and was real observant of the people around me). It kind of made me laugh. Then I came here to college last year, and it's so weird, because half the people I know just talk about pokemon. I mean, when BW2 came out, and I went to band practice, one of the tuba players literally brought his DS to the field and was complaining to his friend about how he couldn't find a Riolu. For some reason I'm still kind of scared to just say it in the open, but I guess you could say I'm not alone.

Alpha Sapphire Team

i have my 2 siblings who like it, and my friend who i trade pokemon cards with.
    Thanks to FairyWitch for the profile pic!

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

National Dex Completed 2/13/2014, at 12:12 A.M., with 212:16 Game Time, and thanks to my friends who traded me over 200 times that week

I know a few people at college and that's it.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

I don't know anyone personally, but when I per-ordered pokemon X and Y the other month, I was told that there where a few people who have already done the same... so I know they are out there somewhere x3

.: 3DS FC: 0490-5034-9209 :.
    .: DeviantART :: Graphics Thread :: Art Thread :: Art Shop :.

I have two friends who still play Pokémon with me, everyone else who used to be interested got over it.

I only know a handful of people who openly admit and discuss playing/enjoying pokemon (my boyfriend, a school friend, a girl I work with etc) but I truly think that there are a lot of people out there who love pokemon but are just too scared to admit it. Sometimes, in a gaming conversation, I casually start talking about Pokemon and it's surprising how many people respond positively. As soon as I break down that barrier they seem relieved. Of course sometimes I get negative reactions too, mainly from males I find, who think that the only games worth playing are COD and FIFA. xD

My older brother is pretty much the only person I know who's still into the franchise, and he's not nearly as big of a fan as me, generally picking up the latest gen for maybe a month or so before getting bored and moving onto something else.

I have some that are getting into it right now. Before, I only had about three friends who played it, but none of them liked it as much as I did. One of my friends is getting pretty knowledgeable about it, which I'm happy about. I'm excited for having more friends though, because now I won't have to buy both versions to play. Now my friends are all getting different versions and we're picking different starters.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ This is the reason why I like arguing. If I come off as standoffish or overly angry in an argument, don't worry. I'm probably having the time of my life. Whether I agree with them or not, the pokemon fandom has a lot of different opinions, and I love how nobody is afraid to share them.

A few of my friends play Pokémon. Only me and one friend play it competitively though. And one of the girls I'm friends with is a hardcore Genwunner. She won't even talk to you about anything Pokémon unless from the original Gen 1. She has her mind set on that all other generations don't exist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeul View Post
    Said it before, so I'll say it again. Best Wishes needs more delicious N.

As I've posted before, I used to live in an awesome Pokemon community.
    Then I went to England, and even my brothers left the franchise. One of them watches for a few minutes when I buy a new Pokemon game, but that's it.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678