Thread: Where do you purchase your Pokemon Games?

Default Where do you purchase your Pokemon Games?

I sort of would just like to know where the consensus shops for their Pokemon games, well just because I'd like to know, and I plan on trying to pick up my first Unova game ( Still deciding between White and Black, and whether or not to skip straight to B2/W2, your opinions on this would be nice too), and maybe a Heart Gold or Soul Silver!
    So, where do you?

In'net, or Best Buy.

Start with Black/White is you want a completely new experience (there are no Gen I-IV Pokémon available until after you complete the main storyline) and would like to play a more story-based game, but go with Black 2/White 2 if you want to be able to access older Pokémon from the get-go and care more about gameplay than story (there are a ton of post-game features in BW2, and the game's format is much more in the vein of older games). You don't need to have played through BW in order to understand the storyline of BW2 (there are some minor references here and there, but all of the more important connections are explained in BW2 anyway), but if you have a completed BW save file, you can use it to unlock a few neat extras in BW2.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    In'net, or Best Buy.

Start with Black/White is you want a completely new experience (there are no Gen I-IV Pokémon available until after you complete the main storyline) and would like to play a more story-based game, but go with Black 2/White 2 if you want to be able to access older Pokémon from the get-go and care more about gameplay than story (there are a ton of post-game features in BW2, and the game's format is much more in the vein of older games). You don't need to have played through BW in order to understand the storyline of BW2 (there are some minor references here and there, but all of the more important connections are explained in BW2 anyway), but if you have a completed BW save file, you can use it to unlock a few neat extras in BW2.
    That was my main concern, as I am one who really loves to follow the storyline. So I will be fine if I jump straight into B2/W2? I sort of wanted to catch up with the Pokemon series before X and Y come out.

I get all of my games at Gamestop. As for your other question unless your story driven just get Black 2 or White 2.
    DON'T LET OTHERS DEFINE YOU!
    YOU DEFINE YOURSELF!!
    Nintendo Network ID: Marbi-Z
    3DS Friend Code: 4596-9457-8718
    Platinum Team:
    Heartgold Team:
    White Team:
    White 2 Team:
    Alternates:
    I Love LOPUNNY and I Love GARDEVOIR too!
    Wanna battle and/or exchange 3DS Friend Codes?
    PM or VM me!

Quote Originally Posted by OnceDone View Post
    So I will be fine if I jump straight into B2/W2?
    Yes the game pretty much explain the whole thing to you as you go along in your adventure.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

Quote Originally Posted by OnceDone View Post
    That was my main concern, as I am one who really loves to follow the storyline. So I will be fine if I jump straight into B2/W2? I sort of wanted to catch up with the Pokemon series before X and Y come out.
    For the most part, yes; you should be fine if you jump right ahead into BW2. I would still recommend going back and playing BW at some point, but BW2 explains just about everything that you need to know throughout the course of the main story.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

I get all my Pokemon Games at either GameStop or EB Games who are affiliated so it does not make any difference. I would suggest you getting W2/B2 if you want to have events that are going on now or if you want to play competitively. If you want to follow the story, B2/W2 will probably (99%) not have anything to do with Y and X. Because of that, W1/B1 would be the best because if you ever get W2/B2, you will get the story. To conclude my post, I want to say that X and Y are coming out in October. You probably have time to play both games before it comes out.

RAWK ON hope this helps

Blue -got it for Christmas
    Gold -Sears (I think)
    Sapphire -Fred Meyer
    LeafGreen -Fred Meyer
    Pearl: Best Buy (???)
    Platinum: Best Buy
    Heart Gold: Best Buy
    Black: Game Stop
    White: Best Buy
    Black 2: got it for Christmas
    White 2: Best Buy
    (template from Jerkfighter)

Usually Gamestop.

There's a Gamestop about ten minutes from my house that I usually find myself at.

Maybe it's because it's sandwiched in between a Cold Stone Creamery and the Lindt outlet.

I usually go to Target. xD Gamestop has a tendency to not give me cases on the used games that I try to buy, so I can't even bring myself to buy new games from there anymore.

I most of the time get mine at Gamestop. Sometimes at Wal-Mart(Side Games since Gamestop wouldn't have them). I remember I got Crystal at Wal-Mart and had to play it on my N64 using Stadium 2 because I didn't have a GBC.

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

usually wal mart, target, but lately i preoder from gamestop.

Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

Diamond: Christmas
    SoulSilver: Tesco
    White: birthday
    White 2: HMV

White 1335 5361 5411
    White 2 3740 7568 0796

I usually buy my Pokemon games from Gamestop/Electronics Boutique or Wal-Mart.

As for the game choices:

HeartGold and SoulSilver were some of the best Pokemon games I've ever played. I really liked seeing my favorite Pokemon walking behind my character. I enjoyed being able to go to the Johto and Kanto regions. And I liked being able to fight 16 gym leaders.

You don't have to have B/W to enjoy or know what's going on in B2/W2. They only things is the NPCs will mention "the hero from 2 years ago" a few times. Also if you want to see the flashback scenes (and there are about 10 of them) then you will need to have beaten Black or White and have another DS to link B/W to B2/W2. Also B/W is just generation 5 Pokemon. I played all four games. I personally like B2/W2 better just because of the Pokemon from previous generations are available from the start of the game, there are more towns, and White Forest and Black City are better (imo). But I also liked knowing exactly what went on "2 years ago" from B/W. So I would recommend you buy B/W then buy B2/W2. I hope I helped. If you have anymore questions, feel free to send me a message. Good luck.
    Last edited by RogueLapras; 22nd February 2013 at 11:14 AM.
    Pokémon Y Friend Code: 4441-9508-9799
    In-game name: Daniel

I have an Electric Safari: Dedenne, Helioptile, and Luxio.

Gamestop or Verkkokauppa.com for me.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

Up to platinum I pre order them at GameStop. from platinum till now I got them from GameStop. I got the game boy games and pearl from Walmart
    Looking Good!
    Would you like a "Signature" like mine?, contact me

Best buy or Game stop.
    Lucario: Master of Aura...... and Chocolate!

FC(Pokemon Y): 4313-1362-5177

Thank you everyone! You were all very helpful, thank you!

Some games I got for my birthday or Christmas, but otherwise I pre-order and purchase them at Gamestop.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 12/10
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing Y and OR
    To reclaim: