View Poll Results: How accurate does this timeline look, in regards to PokeSpe Canon?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • It looks perfectly accurate; both years and ages.

12 38.71%
  • It looks mostly accurate; the ages are off.

6 19.35%
  • It looks mostly accurate; the years are off.

6 19.35%
  • Meh, nice theory.

4 12.90%
  • I don't really care about the timeline. Still, good effort.

3 9.68%
  • That's the worst piece of guesswork I've ever seen!

0 0%
  • Horribly, Horribly inaccurate, to how the Manga is portrayed.

0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Adventures Timeline

Quote Originally Posted by Flintoff Cypress View Post
    Oak sends a message to Rowan asking him to come to Kanto in the final pages of the Emerald arc. While it COULD be possible that a bit of time passed before hauled his old butt over there, it's assumed that he came over sooner than later.
    Thanks Flintoff Cypress

Quote Originally Posted by Xadhoom View Post
    BW Year: 2008. Timeskip: 2 Years. RG: 22. B: 23. Y: 21: GSC: 19. R: 18. S/E: 18. DPP: 14. BW: 14.[/B]
    Hang on, the B2W2 prologue was three years before BW and that's probably when Looker received the message about the Plasma sages in Platinum. So shouldn't the time difference between Platinum and BW be three years instead of two, if we put it that way? OMG I really wish Kusaka would have made the time differences between chapters more clear like he did before when he explicitly stated that RS was one year after GSC and Emerald was two months after FRLG.
    Last edited by Macromind101; 11th March 2013 at 9:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Macromind101 View Post
    Thanks Flintoff Cypress

Hang on, the B2W2 prologue was three years before BW and that's probably when Looker received the message about the Plasma sages in Platinum. So shouldn't the time difference between Platinum and BW be three years instead of two, if we put it that way? OMG I really wish Kusaka would have made the time differences between chapters more clear like he did before when he explicitly stated that RS was one year after GSC and Emerald was two months after FRLG.
    It was never mentioned that the BW2 prologue was 3 years before the BW events. Ghetsis only states that N would be an appropriate king in 3 years. Who knows how many time has passed from the moment N was crowned king till the BW arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamingflower View Post
    It was never mentioned that the BW2 prologue was 3 years before the BW events. Ghetsis only states that N would be an appropriate king in 3 years. Who knows how many time has passed from the moment N was crowned king till the BW arc.
    In final, he said BW in the three years after here.

This is also in line with the games five years ago.

In the last panels of the prologue, the narrator stated that "Team Plasma then attacked three years later and threatened the Pokemon League" or something among those lines.

In the last panels of the prologue, the narrator stated that "Team Plasma then attacked three years later and threatened the Pokemon League" or something among those lines.
    They didn't said anything about attacking the Pokemon league, only that they started their activities and that their activities were threatening the Pokemon League.

They didn't said anything about attacking the Pokemon league, only that they started their activities and that their activities were threatening the Pokemon League.
    Um, yeah that's what I said?

Um, yeah that's what I said?
    *Reads previous comments again* Oops, sorry I need to read better next time. I thought that you wrote that they attacked the Pokemon league.

*Reads previous comments again* Oops, sorry I need to read better next time. I thought that you wrote that they attacked the Pokemon league.
    Haha it's fine. :P

Emerald has to be four months after FRLG.

Ruby and Sapphire ended on September 20th.

Fire Red and Leaf Green happened six months later (March the next year).

Two months after March is the month of May. Emerald happens in July.

For Emerald to happen in July, it would have to be four months after FRLG.

Quote Originally Posted by Trutown View Post
    Emerald has to be four months after FRLG.

Ruby and Sapphire ended on September 20th.

Fire Red and Leaf Green happened six months later (March the next year).

Two months after March is the month of May. Emerald happens in July.

For Emerald to happen in July, it would have to be four months after FRLG.
    So I said FRLG after RS 6-7 months.

6/20 and 7/1 is not too much difference.

Emerald does take place two months after FRLG. It is stated directly in the volumes. Also, from Emerald's flashbacks, we get to know more precisely that his chapter started on his birthday, May 31st. Ruby's age is wrong in Coronis's profiles. He's actually 11 in that chapter, like Sapphire and Emerald.

Quote Originally Posted by ReiZerou View Post
    Emerald does take place two months after FRLG. It is stated directly in the volumes. Also, from Emerald's flashbacks, we get to know more precisely that his chapter started on his birthday, May 31st. Ruby's age is wrong in Coronis's profiles. He's actually 11 in that chapter, like Sapphire and Emerald.
    I thought they were 12.
    If anyone wants to contact me, they can do so at the following sites, under the corresponding name.

Deviantart; XadhoomFanboy.
    Pojo; Xadhoom.
    FF.Net; Zero.Slash.One.
    Serebii Forums; Xadhoom.
    Youtube; Xadhoom Xado.
    MangaFox; Xadhoom.

I swear I didn't mean to kill that thread! Or the other one! Or any of the twenty-fifty threads I've killed. It was pure luck!

But the events of Emerald take place on July 1st to the 7th, meaning that Ruby is indeed 12 there.

Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    But the events of Emerald take place on July 1st to the 7th, meaning that Ruby is indeed 12 there.
    I just assumed with this page, that Emerald went to the Battle Frontier straight or shortly after receiving his Pokédex. And we know that FRLG is six months after RS (About March 20) and Emerald two months months after FRLG (which doesn't seem to last very long), then it should be about May 31st. I gotta admit that I didn't read the arc properly before posting, and I don't have time for it now, so could you just show the page where this is stated?

I really should keep my mouth shut about these time things. They don't make sense anyway.

I just assumed with this page, that Emerald went to the Battle Frontier straight or shortly after receiving his Pokédex. And we know that FRLG is six months after RS (About March 20) and Emerald two months months after FRLG (which doesn't seem to last very long), then it should be about May 31st. I gotta admit that I didn't read the arc properly before posting, and I don't have time for it now, so could you just show the page where this is stated?

I really should keep my mouth shut about these time things. They don't make sense anyway.

Here you go.

Here you go.
    And like RS, Emerald has the timeline in the volume. It was listed on 7/1 - 7/7 (And the zero day 6/30 they held a press conference.)

5/31 just the date he get Pokedex.

I guess he spent one month to do something, instance discipline.
    Last edited by e9310103838; 10th April 2013 at 8:56 AM.

Here you go.
    Thanks! So the two months before Emerald are counted from the day Oak called Scott, but it's not the day FRLG ended. Instead, Oak had already been doing his stuff for a few weeks. It makes sense. I had previously thought Oak called Scott right away after FRLG ended. Silly me. How could he have got the information needed at that point?

So. It goes approximately like this, give or take a day: RS ends September 20 -> FRLG starts about March 20 and lasts a couple of days -> Oak calls Scott April 31st -> Emerald gets his Pokédex May 31st -> Emerald starts June 31st.

Thanks! So the two months before Emerald are counted from the day Oak called Scott, but it's not the day FRLG ended. Instead, Oak had already been doing his stuff for a few weeks. It makes sense. I had previously thought Oak called Scott right away after FRLG ended. Silly me. How could he have got the information needed at that point?

So. It goes approximately like this, give or take a day: RS ends September 20 -> FRLG starts about March 20 and lasts a couple of days -> Oak calls Scott April 31st -> Emerald gets his Pokédex May 31st -> Emerald starts June 31st.
    Wait then that means the Emerald chapter occurred three months after FRLG, not two. But I thought it was stated by Kusaka that Emerald happened two months after FRLG? Unless I'm being stupid and I'm missing something important, which is probably it.

Wait then that means the Emerald chapter occurred three months after FRLG, not two. But I thought it was stated by Kusaka that Emerald happened two months after FRLG? Unless I'm being stupid and I'm missing something important, which is probably it.
    See 35th floor.

okay. lets just assume that the manga takes lace in the gaps of time where the games where being developed

So, when the timeline be edited appropriately?

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzBruno_96 View Post

•April 1st 2005: The Sinnoh Holders start their Pokémon Journey, at age 12.
    But they start their journey on 9/28......

Some new news. Coronis mentioned that in Pokemon the Comic, at the time when Red and Gold are training at Mt. Silver after the events of GSC, some news broadcast of Clefairy and Jigglypuff (don't remember specific details) appeared on TV. It was mentioned that Dia saw that same broadcast when he was four years old. Since he's 12 in DPPt, that means that DP does actually take place three years after HGSS. Also, there's the news report about the Red Gyarados that Dia and Pearl saw when they were 4, which is another evidence backing up the fact that DP is three years after HGSS. I guess we have to disregard the one-year difference theory since after all since the statement that Rowan returned to Sinnoh after four years was scratched out in the volumes.

Oh and something that we all speculated is now confirmed. When the new League rule was created in RS, Black was five years old. Nine years later, BW takes place. Since we now know that DP is three years after HGSS, doing the math means that the BW chapter takes place three years after DPPt. Assuming that B2W2 is two years after BW in the manga, and since the B2W2 prologue took place five years before B2W2, that puts Platinum at the same time as the prologue, which makes sense because in the prologue Ghetsis started ordering the sages what to do and in Platinum Looker got assigned the investigation of the Seven Sages. Which puts those two events at approximately the same time.

Okay, so it's time to revise the timeline even further knowing this new information.

(Any changes I've made to include the recent findings and corrections from the last two posts will be in bold, everything else is from the last timeline post)
    •April 1st 1997: Red starts his Pokémon Journey, at age 11.
    •June 20th 1997: Red wins the 9th Tri-Annual Pokémon League.

•April 1st 1999: Yellow starts a quest with Pika to find Red.
    •June 20th 1999: Yellow and Mewtwo defeat Lance in Cerise Island.

•April 1st 2000: Gold starts his Journey to find Silver.
    •June 20th 2000: The Pokédex Holders stop the Mask of Ice.
    •Somewhere in 2000: Red and Gold train on Mt. Silver. (Pokemon the Comic chapter)

•July 2nd 2001: Ruby and Sapphire take off for their 80-Day Challenge.
    •September 20th 2001: Ruby and Sapphire end their quest.

•April 1st 2002: Blue’s parents are kidnapped by Deoxys.
    •May 5th 2002: The Kanto Holders and Silver are petrified.

•July 7th 2002: The Pokédex Holders saved the Battle Frontier from Guile.
    •August 8th 2002: Red turns 17 and goes training to Mt.Silver with his Pokémon, from time to time.

•March 25th 2005: The Johto Holders save the Sinjoh Ruins from Team Rocket.

•September 28th 2008: The Sinnoh Holders start their Pokémon Journey, at age 12.

•October 1st? 2008: Lady Berlitz starts to challenge the Battle Zone.

•October 1st 2010: Black starts his Pokémon Journey, at age 14.

•October 1st 2012: The PWT takes place in Unova and Red, at age 25, decides to leave Mt.Silver to participate.
    This is good. We're starting to see the method to the madness. At least until XY comes along and then we have to figure out where THAT fits in the timeline.

I'm surprised a official timeline has not been made yet for a series like this. One can only imagine where it goes in future chapters.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast