View Poll Results: How accurate does this timeline look, in regards to PokeSpe Canon?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • It looks perfectly accurate; both years and ages.

12 38.71%
  • It looks mostly accurate; the ages are off.

6 19.35%
  • It looks mostly accurate; the years are off.

6 19.35%
  • Meh, nice theory.

4 12.90%
  • I don't really care about the timeline. Still, good effort.

3 9.68%
  • That's the worst piece of guesswork I've ever seen!

0 0%
  • Horribly, Horribly inaccurate, to how the Manga is portrayed.

0 0%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pokemon Adventures Timeline

This is a great theory, I've been just getting into the Pokemon Adventures manga and seeing something like this makes it even more interesting. I have the first 3 complete, volumized, chapters & I've started reading the RS Chapter. I also have the first few volumes in DPPt, so if I find anything of note regarding time I'll be sure to take note of it so we can use it for reference. I would love to help out with something like this and I can't wait to see where the B2W2 chapter takes this alongside the XY Chapter.
    I only use all-out offensive moves in battle. If you're one of the people who doesn't waste time with stat moves, then copy and paste this into your signature.
    (started by brocko18)

Wait, @OP, about your recent edits, what makes you think that X&Y happens four years after B2W2? The games aren't released yet and so far there's nothing indicating what the timegap is between X&Y and the rest of the series (both games and manga). For all we know, X&Y could be a prequel to everything. >.> And also, it's pretty much confirmed that DP happens three years after HGSS. You may want to fix that. And also, the current theory is that BW happens three years after Platinum due to the events in the B2W2 prologue.

Quote Originally Posted by Macromind101 View Post
    Wait, @OP, about your recent edits, what makes you think that X&Y happens four years after B2W2? The games aren't released yet and so far there's nothing indicating what the timegap is between X&Y and the rest of the series (both games and manga). For all we know, X&Y could be a prequel to everything. >.> And also, it's pretty much confirmed that DP happens three years after HGSS. You may want to fix that. And also, the current theory is that BW happens three years after Platinum due to the events in the B2W2 prologue.
    As was stated when I added that, it was a tentative guess. Also, yeah, Imma fix that.
    If anyone wants to contact me, they can do so at the following sites, under the corresponding name.

Deviantart; XadhoomFanboy.
    Pojo; Xadhoom.
    FF.Net; Zero.Slash.One.
    Serebii Forums; Xadhoom.
    Youtube; Xadhoom Xado.
    MangaFox; Xadhoom.

I swear I didn't mean to kill that thread! Or the other one! Or any of the twenty-fifty threads I've killed. It was pure luck!

Remove the years. Pokespe doesn't have a set year and it doesn't need one.

Remove XY entirely. Until it comes out, it shouldn't be mentioned at all. It's speculation.

The DP trio were 4 in the same year as GSC.

No, Red, Blue, and Green being 16 and then 17 is not an error. Green is the oldest, and FRLG takes place before June 1st, her birthday. We can assume that all three were going to turn 12 in RGB.

Why is this thread Stickied? We don't need a third Pokemon Adventures thread Stickied. It's pointless.

At leas dump the timeline into one of the other two.

Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    Remove the years. Pokespe doesn't have a set year and it doesn't need one.
    I'm afraid I'll have to turn down the former request. If you want a second opinion, 'No'. If you want a third, 'hell no'.

I'm sure you can deduce where it would proceed from there.

Remove XY entirely. Until it comes out, it shouldn't be mentioned at all. It's speculation.
    Yes, you're rather correct on that score.

The DP trio were 4 in the same year as GSC.
    One sec.

No, Red, Blue, and Green being 16 and then 17 is not an error. Green is the oldest, and FRLG takes place before June 1st, her birthday. We can assume that all three were going to turn 12 in RGB.
    No response to this, at the moment.

Why is this thread Stickied? We don't need a third Pokemon Adventures thread Stickied. It's pointless.

At leas dump the timeline into one of the other two.
    If it were, it would sidetrack/distract/divert too much attention from the actual purpose of that thread.
    If anyone wants to contact me, they can do so at the following sites, under the corresponding name.

Pojo; Xadhoom.
    FF.Net; Zero.Slash.One.
    Serebii Forums; Xadhoom.
    Youtube; Xadhoom Xado.
    MangaFox; Xadhoom.

I swear I didn't mean to kill that thread! Or the other one! Or any of the twenty-fifty threads I've killed. It was pure luck!

Ruby and Sapphire would be 21 at the moment ? Gosh... I read them when they were 11! I hope they're in couple by now.
    Anyway, this looks pretty accurate, great job (can't believe the time you must have put on this!)! It gives me a better idea of where my favorite heroes, Ruby and Sapphire, are actually.
    Water 水 - Earth 土 - Fire 火 - Air 气 - Spirits 神靈 - Change 易 - Balance 平衡
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt account

Quote Originally Posted by The Prince of May View Post
    Ruby and Sapphire would be 21 at the moment ? Gosh... I read them when they were 11! I hope they're in couple by now.
    Anyway, this looks pretty accurate, great job (can't believe the time you must have put on this!)! It gives me a better idea of where my favorite heroes, Ruby and Sapphire, are actually.
    Nah, it's nothing I wouldn't do again. As a group of somewhat-wise people once said, 'for the love of the game'.

Pojo; Xadhoom.
    FF.Net; Zero.Slash.One.
    Serebii Forums; Xadhoom.
    Youtube; Xadhoom Xado.
    MangaFox; Xadhoom.

Really good timeline! I was just gonna add that I read somewhere (in Viz's volumes, I believe) that every ten years, a trainer from Viridian Forest is born with special powers. Since Lance doesn't look older than 25 in the Yellow saga and is clearly older than Yellow, this would mean he would've been born ten years before Yellow, making him 20 (RBG), 22 (Yellow), 23 (GSC), etc. I feel this fits his appearance as well. However, I want to check if the Japanese volumes also stated the ten-year thing, since if it's only Viz's who did, it's technically not canon. I'll check my Japanese volumes and get back to you on it.

EDIT: Yes, it's in the Japanese version, too. At the end of chapter 294 (in the FR&LG saga), there's a summary of Yellow that states there being one child born with special powers in Viridian Forest every ten years. I don't know what everyone else's thoughts are, but that's confirmation enough for me regarding Lance's age.
    Last edited by BoxedLunch; 21st August 2013 at 3:30 PM.
    I'm looking to boost my Join Avenue. I'm offering free Starters (Bulbasaur through Oshawott) for Gen V games. Genders, Natures, nicknames and Pokerus are all requestable. I can also guarantee one perfect IV if you want a specific Nature, and two if you don't. All are legitimate (non-hacked, non-RNG and non-cloned). Please keep requests reasonable; I'm happy to trade you two or three Starters in one session, but anything more and I'll generally ask you to wait until the next day. PM me if you're interested, and I'll usually get back to you within 24 hours.

Pokemon White 2 FC: 1336 0839 8807

Quote Originally Posted by BoxedLunch View Post
    Really good timeline!
    Thanks.

I was just gonna add that I read somewhere (in Viz's volumes, I believe) that every ten years, a trainer from Viridian Forest is born with special powers. Since Lance doesn't look older than 25 in the Yellow saga and is clearly older than Yellow, this would mean he would've been born ten years before Yellow, making him 20 (RBG), 22 (Yellow), 23 (GSC), etc. I feel this fits his appearance as well. However, I want to check if the Japanese volumes also stated the ten-year thing, since if it's only Viz's who did, it's technically not canon. I'll check my Japanese volumes and get back to you on it.

EDIT: Yes, it's in the Japanese version, too. At the end of chapter 294 (in the FR&LG saga), there's a summary of Yellow that states there being one child born with special powers in Viridian Forest every ten years. I don't know what everyone else's thoughts are, but that's confirmation enough for me regarding Lance's age.
    It's possible, plausible, and nothing contradicts it.
    Last edited by Xadhoom; 21st August 2013 at 7:29 PM.

Pojo; Xadhoom.
    FF.Net; Zero.Slash.One.
    Serebii Forums; Xadhoom.
    Youtube; Xadhoom Xado.
    MangaFox; Xadhoom.

I don't really pay attention to the ages and whatnot.

However, this twist in the HGSS arc felt nice to me. Classic Kusaka too, the guy loves to throw in connections between the arcs. Seriously, these links are all over the place, it's kinda hard to keep track of all of them.
    Fanfiction.Net account; DeviantArt account

Contact me here or in those sites to keep me motivated for this fic. Several chapters are already concluded, but there's still a LONG way to go. I want to be sure I'll finish this thing before I start publishing it.

Spoiler:- http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2013/355/f/f/my_pokemon_teams_by_tomnamikaze-d6y3n4h.png:

This was an amazing timeline. I cant believe you got it down like this.,

Quote Originally Posted by Flipinao View Post
    This was an amazing timeline. I cant believe you got it down like this.,
    What I can't believe that somebody actually posted a new comment. Still, thanks dude(tte).

Pojo; Xadhoom.
    FF.Net; Zero.Slash.One.
    Serebii Forums; Xadhoom.
    Youtube; Xadhoom Xado.
    MangaFox; Xadhoom.

I noticed a few mistakes. First of all, Crystal is 1 year younger than Gold and Silver, while Gold and Silver were born in the same year as Yellow. Blue and Silver were 5 and 2 respectively when they got kidnapped, so that could be guessed at somewhere at the end of the year 1991 or before the 1st of June 1992, according to the manga they stayed 4 years with the masked man until they escaped so in 1995 or 1996. Crystal looked like 5 years when she started training in mount mortar. I don't remember if Crys ever mentioned it, but Kusaka tends to show them during their 5th year in childhood flashbacks.

Also Blue is the oldest dexowner, we're not sure when Red started his journey, but when he met Blue they were both eleven and prof Oak stated that Green was about Red's age so let's assume they were all 11 when Red started his journey. Green's birthday is on 22nd of november, that means that Red;'s journey took place after the 22nd of november and ended before the 1st of June between the years 1997 and 1998.

As for the Yellow arc, it took 2 years after the RGB arc so Red, Green and Blue were all 13 and Yellow was 11 so Yellow's journey took between the 3rd of March and the 1st of June of 1999. Blue is like 2 years and 9 months older than Yellow.

When the GSC arc started both Gold and Silver were already 11. So I presume Gold and Silver started their journey after Christmas. When Crystal made her appearance she was also 11 so her journey started after the 30th of April. Red, Green and Blue were already 14 when they stopped the mask of Ice, so I guess the final battle happened between end November and end December. Right after that Gold and Red went to train at Mt Silver.

For the RS arc, Gold, Crystal and Silver is wrong. They can have their bday's again. plus it doesn't match up with the pallet town's trainer's age in the FRLG arc. As Red, Green and Blue were already 16 years when the FRLG arc began. Also Gold became 14 after the Emerald arc as he was already 13 in the Emerald arc, same counts for Crystal and Silver's ages.

Now for Black. He was 14 when his journey started, I assume White too. They started traveling in 2010 you say, then Black and White were born in 1996, the same year of the DPP trio.

I haven't controlled everything on your timeline, but I this is a lot already.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamingflower View Post
    When the GSC arc started both Gold and Silver were already 11. So I presume Gold and Silver started their journey after Christmas. When Crystal made her appearance she was also 11 so her journey started after the 30th of April. Red, Green and Blue were already 14 when they stopped the mask of Ice, so I guess the final battle happened between end November and end December. Right after that Gold and Red went to train at Mt Silver.
    This must take place in May.

So just to met Blue was fourteen and Emerald first met Professor Oak was eight year old.
    Last edited by e9310103838; 18th September 2014 at 1:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by e9310103838 View Post
    This must take place in May.

So just to met Blue was fourteen and Emerald first met Professor Oak was eight year old.
    You're right, my mistake.

Wasn't he nine at that time? Professor Oak mentioned that Emerald should travel a year because he was too young to get a Pokédex.

[QUOTE=Dreamingflower;17413077]I noticed a few mistakes.

First of all, Crystal is 1 year younger than Gold and Silver, while Gold and Silver were born in the same year as Yellow.
    : G/S/Y in the same year? While I haven't read Volume 15-27 in a while, wasn't it comfirmed that both Gold and Silver are a year younger?

Blue and Silver were 5 and 2 respectively when they got kidnapped, so that could be guessed at somewhere at the end of the year 1991 or before the 1st of June 1992, according to the manga they stayed 4 years with the masked man until they escaped so in 1995 or 1996. Crystal looked like 5 years when she started training in mount mortar. I don't remember if Crys ever mentioned it, but Kusaka tends to show them during their 5th year in childhood flashbacks.
    Well, that's more to add to the lists. Thanks, Dreamingflower, your input is appreciated.

Also Blue is the oldest dexowner, we're not sure when Red started his journey, but when he met Blue they were both eleven and prof Oak stated that Green was about Red's age so let's assume they were all 11 when Red started his journey. Green's birthday is on 22nd of november, that means that Red's journey took place after the 22nd of november and ended before the 1st of June between the years 1997 and 1998.
    Indeed not; hence I placed 1997 as the starting year.

As for the Yellow arc, it took 2 years after the RGB arc so Red, Green and Blue were all 13 and Yellow was 11 so Yellow's journey took between the 3rd of March and the 1st of June of 1999. Blue is like 2 years and 9 months older than Yellow.
    : Noted.

: I dunno about November-December; that late in the year would make it uncomfortable (at the least) to wear light clothes, but maybe the Kanto/Johto regions DO have a temperate climate around the year, so it's possible.

For the RS arc, Gold, Crystal and Silver is wrong. They can have their bday's again. plus it doesn't match up with the pallet town's trainer's age in the FRLG arc. As Red, Green and Blue were already 16 years when the FRLG arc began. Also Gold became 14 after the Emerald arc as he was already 13 in the Emerald arc, same counts for Crystal and Silver's ages.
    : They really sort-of can't: Sapphire's whole 80-days thing hinged on that span being the time before her birthday, and Silver's birthday is on Christmas Eve.

In regards to the R/G/B ages, Canon and this timeline contradict eachother; naturally Canon takes precedence. That being said, it would not be possible for Red to be 16 during either FRLG or E, unless more than a year passed while they were petrified (if memory serves, roughly two months was mentioned at some point). The Emerald arc takes place 1/7 2002 - 7/7 2002, and Red's birthday is a month after that.

Now for Black. He was 14 when his journey started, I assume White too. They started traveling in 2010 you say, then Black and White were born in 1996, the same year of the DPP trio.
    : The timeline (pure conjecture though it is) is getting fairly lengthy. Therefore I decided to eschew unnecessarily length and place DPP and BW concurrently.

I haven't controlled everything on your timeline, but I this is a lot already.
    : Yep.
    Last edited by Xadhoom; 18th September 2014 at 6:39 PM.

Pojo; Xadhoom.
    FF.Net; Zero.Slash.One.
    Serebii Forums; Xadhoom.
    Youtube; Xadhoom Xado.
    MangaFox; Xadhoom.

In GSC, Yellow's birthday passed, but Gold's didn't, so the arc would be between April and July, no? More specifically, Blue's birthday didn't pass either, so April or May. If Serebii's Dex Holder page is accurate with the ages per arc, so if Crystal is really 13 in Emerald, then the GSC arc would be between April 30 and May 31.

Basically copying and pasting from the age difference chart I posted a while back that's been lost in time:

Start from Emerald. July 1 ~ July 7. Based on the ages given there, the actual age/birth year differences can be obtained.
    Blue: 17
    Red, Green: 16
    Yellow: 14
    Gold, Silver, Crystal: 13
    Ruby: 12
    Sapphire, Emerald: 11

Blue, Yellow, Crystal, Ruby, and Emerald had their birthdays pass. So the actual ages at the end of the year:
    Red, Green, Blue: 17
    Yellow, Gold, Silver: 14
    Crystal: 13
    Ruby, Sapphire: 12
    Emerald: 11

The logic being: If you know someone who was born on the same year as you, but only a few months earlier, would you really say that that person is strictly older than you?

So, if Gold and Silver are older than Crystal, yet all three are 11 in GSC, then Gold and Silver's birthdays did not pass, but Crystal's did (so earliest start date of GSC is April 30). Blue and Crystal are 4 years apart. But if Blue is 14 in GSC and Crystal is 11, then Blue's birthday did not pass. Thus GSC can't be later than May 31, or Blue would be 15.

In RGB, Red, Green, and Blue are all 11. So either no one's birthday has passed, or everyone's did. So the arc is either before June 1, or after November 22. Since Yellow is 2 years after RGB, it's likely that no one's birthday has passed.

In Yellow, Yellow is 11, Red, Green, and Blue are 13. So their birthdays haven't passed, but Yellow's did. So the arc is between March 3 and June 1. At the end of this year, Red, Green, and Blue are 14, so if Yellow really is 2 years after RGB, then Red, Green, and Blue would've turned 12 at the end of that arc.

Add in the Sinnoh trio. The arc starts on September 28 ish (whenever DP was released in Japan), and passes October 27. So Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum are all 12. Diamond and Pearl saw a certain comedy act when they were 4, and that same act was seen in Johto shortly after the GSC arc, and given how any comedy act doesn't (and shouldn't) repeat for years, it's safe to assume that DP is 8 years before GSC, or 3 years before HGSS. So when Gold and Silver are 17, Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum are 9.

Red, Green, Blue: variable X
    Yellow, Gold, Silver: X - 3
    Crystal: X - 4
    Ruby, Sapphire: X - 5
    Emerald: X - 6
    Diamond, Pearl, Platinum: X - 11

BW arc is approx 3 years after Pt. But ages aren't certain because we don't know Black's birthday and when exactly the BW arc takes place. And White is a variable. So BW and onwards are unknown. Assumptions have to be made.

Black, White: var
    Rakutsu, Faitsu: var - 4 (likely var - 3)
    X, Y: ???
    Last edited by DX 2401PT; 18th September 2014 at 7:22 PM.
    A recent RNG binge has left quite a few shiny IV 31 all (or practically 31 all) Legendary Pokemon left over, among others.
    I will gladly sell them to those who desire for interesting offers. Since I can RNG, a random shiny is as interesting to me as an ant is to a math professor.
    Shiny, Timid, IV 31 all: , x2
    Shiny, Jolly, IV 31 all:
    Shiny, Jolly, IVs: 31, 31, 31, 24, 31, 31: , , , ,
    Shiny, Timid, IV 31 all: x2
    Timid, IVs: 31, 4?, 31, 31, 26, 31: x6, x5

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamingflower View Post
    You're right, my mistake.

Wasn't he nine at that time? Professor Oak mentioned that Emerald should travel a year because he was too young to get a Pokédex.
    When Professor Oak refused to give him a Pokedex, he said Emerald was only eight years old.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123