Thread: Music Loop error on Route 113?

Default Music Loop error on Route 113?

I've had two copies of Pokemon Emerald in my life (the first one gone now...), and while playing my second copy, I notice that sometimes, there is an error in the looping music on Route 113 (the route with the ashy grass).I'm not sure how to explain it, or if I'm even naming the instrument correctly, but that really loud trumpet noise it makes in the music, it occasionally makes it once more than it should. For example...

*music* DUN-DUN... *music continues*

But in my cartridge: *music* DUN-DUN...DUN-DUN... *music continues*

I've never once had this happen in my original copy of Emerald, and I'm not really sure what it means. I'm absolutely sure my cartridge is real, however, the previous owner did cheat on the cartridge. If I need to upload a video to explain better, I can do that.
    As far as I remember, it's never happened on my copy of Ruby either.
    Take it easy
    "See you next summer..."
    (S2 is now!)
    I'm looking for an old piece of art I requested on here years ago and lost. It was a brown-haired girl with a pink wristband riding a Torterra. If you think you have this picture saved or have seen it somewhere please let me know and send it to me.

This has happened to me as well, can't remember which of the games though. It was exactly the same situation, same Route and same error in the music. Not sure what caused it, and it was on a legit retail cart without any cheats involved. Guess it is just a glitch in the games which happen sometimes.
    This is the future we made for ourselves
    But is it really the dream we wanted to live in?

The present has to be treated as precious
    Or we will regret it when it has become the past...

I noticed that a long time ago in Ruby/Sapphire version. I'm pretty sure that's how it's meant to play since I just listened to that track on another site and it did go "dun-dun, dun-dun" about 55 seconds into the song.

Just looked the song up on YouTube, and as Ciccone said, it does do the "Dun Dun" twice at the 55 seconds mark:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHYUD3oDXbM
    [IMG]http://i47.*******.com/10x926o.png[/IMG]

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one to have it happen to. As for the above link, that is what I'm talking about, so thanks for that.
    I'm wondering now though that (if that isn't from the official OST), if that repeat of the DUn-Dun is on the OST track for the song.

I guess if my memory isn't tricking me, that maybe they fixed that later on?
    Take it easy
    "See you next summer..."
    (S2 is now!)
    I'm looking for an old piece of art I requested on here years ago and lost. It was a brown-haired girl with a pink wristband riding a Torterra. If you think you have this picture saved or have seen it somewhere please let me know and send it to me.