Thread: Were the legendarys on Time, Darkness and Sky more rushed?

Default Were the legendarys on Time, Darkness and Sky more rushed?

On Red and blue rescue team , you would go through dungeons that have lots of floors and strong dungeons. On the sequels you just re go through a area that's part of the main storyline to fight dialga and recruit him (It?).

Discuss?

Saaatoshi!

Well, the thing is, in the second installment of the PMD series (Time, Darkness and Sky), there is a more intense and involved plot. What I mean by 'intense' and 'involved' is that, you, the main character, is directly tied to the catastrophes happening in the PKMN world. It might feel rushed, but remember again that 'Time' and 'Space' is essentially at stake here. However, despite the fast-pace of the game, I thought it to be pretty okay, since I really despised the pace of the first installment (Red and Blue).

In addition, there is a more interesting plot after you beat Time, Darkness or Sky, which rolls out at a much slower pace than the main story. By the way, you can't recruit Dialga until after you beat him the first time. Personally, I think he's useless and a waste of member-slot space.

Excuse me for the rather vague explanation, but I tried to exclude spoilers as mush as possible, though I probably failed at that!

Here are some questions (food for thought) to ponder about in order to liven the discussion:

1. In comparison to the previous games, was the storyline too rushed or well-paced in Time, Darkness and Sky?

2. In Red and Blue, you had the opportunity to fight and befriend many legendary Pokemon. Is it the same in T,D & S or is there too little quantity of legendaries? (Shaymin sorta counts)

3. ...I don't have a third question...

Quote Originally Posted by supersmew
    On the sequels you just re go through a area that's part of the main storyline to fight dialga and recruit him (It?).
    That comment made me lol. xD
    A man once said:
    Sincerity is punished in my job, but when we need men, we must adjust to them, and since we cannot win them but by this way, it is not the fault of those who flatter, but those who want to be flattered.

I thought the dungeon(s) to get to Dialga were pretty tough, in my opinion. Though it was probably because I wasn't that well-prepared for a while (like in levels and items). It was a pretty intense climb to get to Dialga, and it took a bit of strategy to take him down (hated Roar of Time). But it was part of the story, and because Time and Space was in danger, especially because it was "your fault", I felt the intense atmosphere worked well to the build up. And the emotional pay-off was well-done. The inclusion of the Lake Trio battling you out of distrust was pretty neat, I liked that idea. Since I never watched the Sinnoh saga, nor played the games at the time, I hadn't really gotten to know the Lake Trio, and I really liked them in Time/Darkness.

Of course, later on, it gets to be like Red and Blue where you go to special dungeons and fight the Legendary boss, though they're not very important to the plot. However, the final stretch of the actual story was worth it all to go through. That didn't feel too rushed in my opinion, though I wish the battle was a bit more epic. All the final boss did for me was just standing there watching closely after a lot of Double Teams >_>;. It was creepy though, don't get me wrong, because that was the whole point. The final boss did a lot of creepy things in the game, which was all tied into place by the end, and it left a heavy atmosphere because this was the fate of not just the world, but for the fate of your existence. And considering how emotionally-broken your partner is after the defeat of Dialga, I felt it was more for their sake than just yours.

Could the Legendaries have gotten a bit more character development/build up? Sure, but for the most part, outside of the main story, you're just exploring dungeons, and you just so happen upon them, and the two/three/four of you just start battling each other. That's pretty much the premise of it, and it works for what it is.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

While fighting him was a real run challange, I don't think he was rushed as a boss pokemon.. But as a playable pokemon. Seriously, with dialga in your party he's unstoppable, which is why I'm glad you can't recruit the main legendaries in PMD 3DS

You can't recruit him your first time through anyway, so IDK what the big deal is.