Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Wheel of Fortune

Default Wheel of Fortune

...admit it, you knew I was gonna do this sooner or later. Hopefully this will be last longer than most of the other games I've done in the past.

RULES:

The best way to sum this up in a few words: Hangman with a wheel.

...what, you want more? OK.

Three players represent red, yellow, and blue. First player to sign up for game one will get red, second yellow, third blue. After the first game, the champ will get first choice of color, followed by the first player to sign up for the current game, and the next player who signs up takes the last color.

In game 1, the player at red will start; in any future games, the champ starts round 1.

For every puzzle, I will choose a word or phrase and give you the category. Every letter in that word or phrase will be represented with an underscore (_). Punctuation is always revealed at the start of the round.

When a player spins, they'll also provide a number between 1 and 72. That'll determine what comes up in the spin. What happens next depends on what comes up in the spin:

Dollar figure other than $1 million: You will select a consonant (Y counts). If it's there, I will reveal all instances of that letter and credit you with the amount spun for each occurrence (for example, spinning $500 and guessing a consonant that appears twice wins $1,000). If the consonant does not appear, play passes to the next player. Top dollar in Round 1 is $2,500, and increases as the game continues.

Prize or Wild: Same as the above, except not multiplied for each letter occurrence (although the amount under the prize or Wild Card, generally $500, is multiplied). The prize (or Wild) is then removed from the wheel, provided the letter called is in the puzzle.

$1 Million: Same as landing on a prize, but winning it involves several extra steps due to its high value: not only must you solve the current puzzle without landing on Bankrupt, but you must win the main game without landing on Bankrupt, spin $1 Million again in the bonus round, and solve the bonus puzzle.

Free Play: You may guess any available letter at all (vowels are worth nothing, consonants are worth $500 apiece) or even solve the puzzle. If you pick a wrong letter or solve incorrectly, you will be allowed to retain his or her turn instead of play passing as would normally happen.

Lose a Turn: Play passes to the next player.

Bankrupt: You lose all money earned in the round, any unclaimed prizes, any tokens in your possession, the $1 Million wedge if held, and your turn.

The wild card has multiple uses; in the main game, up to the Speed Up round, the player can turn it in after calling a letter successfully to call another letter for the same value. Its other use is explained below.

When you have at least $250, you may buy a vowel at that price. If it's there, the turn continues; otherwise, it passes. It's a flat rate; whether it's one, many, or none at all, it's still $250.

If at any time during their turns players believe they know the answer, they may solve instead of spinning or buying. The solution given MUST BE EXACT; words must not be misspelled, added, or left out, or the guess will be counted as incorrect. If the guess is right, the player keeps all their earnings from the round; the other players return all unclaimed cash and prizes in that round (the $1 Million wedge is returned only if you pick it up in the same round that you lose, and the wild card is kept until used or lost to Bankrupt).

Round 1 is the Jackpot round. A jackpot wedge is placed on the wheel, and starts at $5,000. The value landed on for each spin in the round is added to the jackpot each turn (cash values only; anything else does nothing to the value). If you land on the Jackpot wedge, $500 is added to it, and you call a consonant at $500 for each occurrence in the puzzle. If you call a letter in the puzzle at that point, you can win the Jackpot by solving the puzzle right then and there; otherwise, it continues to grow until the end of the round.

Round 2 is the Mystery Round. The player in yellow, or in the position to the right of the champion (or the red position) if the champ is playing blue, starts this round. In addition to top dollar becoming $3,500, two Mystery Wedges are added to the wheel. If you land on one, you call a consonant as usual. If it's in the puzzle, you can either take $1,000 for each occurrence, or look to see what's under the wedge. One of the wedges hides $10,000 cash; if found, the puzzle must be solved by the contestant claiming it to win it, like a normal prize. The other hides a Bankrupt. Either way, if a wedge is revealed, the other wedge on the wheel is worth $1,000 for the rest of the round.

Round 3 is a normal round (the player that has not yet started a round starts this round), with top dollar $5,000, and in Round 4 (red position or champ starts) top dollar is $7,500.

After round 4, all remaining prizes and tokens, including the Million Dollar Wedge, are removed from the wheel. I'll then spin the wheel once; if Bankrupt, Lose a Turn, or Free Play come up, I'll spin until a dollar value comes up. $1,000 is added to this value, and then the player in yellow, or the player after the champ starts the Speed Up round.

After this initial spin, the wheel is done for the game, the contestant starting calls a letter. Consonants are worth the dollar value spun plus $1,000, vowels no longer cost money, but are worth nothing. If the letter you call is there, you will then have 24 hours to solve or pass to the next player.

After this final puzzle is solved, the person who has accumulated the most in cash and prizes throughout the game wins and advances to the bonus round. If there is a tie, we'll play another Speed Up between the tied players to declare a winner. The losers keep cash and prizes won in previous rounds.

BONUS ROUND:

The champion spins a separate bonus wheel (1-24) to determine the prize being played for; the prize is not known until after the round is won or lost. If the champion had the Million Dollar Wedge at the conclusion of the Speed Up, that becomes the top prize; otherwise, the top prize starts at $100,000 and grows $5,000 each game until won.

After the spin, I will show the puzzle and reveal all instances of R, S, T, L, N, E. The champ will then call three more consonants and a vowel (four consonants if the player had the wild card going into the bonus round). After these selections are made, I'll reveal the instances of them in the puzzle. To win the prize, you must solve the puzzle within 48 hours, or within five attempts at solving, whichever comes first. Regardless of whether the round is won or not, the prize is revealed, and the player comes back in the next game as champ.

Some other messages:

I will always list the letters that have already been called. Please pay attention to this list, as if you call a letter that has been called, you lose your turn, unless you're on Free Play. (Exception: I will tell you if there are no more consonants or no more vowels; forgetting this incurs no penalty, even if it would if there were that type of letter left.)

If you guess a vowel on any wheel spin other than Free Play or try to buy a consonant, you lose your turn (and $250 if you do the latter).

And finally, with the exception of the Speed Up round, all time limits are 48 hours. If you go 48 hours without an action on your turn, you lose your turn and get a strike. Two strikes and you're out of the round; three strikes and you're out of the game. (The game continues without you—I will not replace players mid-match. If two drop out, the remaining player plays against the house for the rest of the match and will be allowed five misses per puzzle, starting from when the second player is eliminated.)

...Whew, that took longer than I thought. I need three players to get this rolling. Who wants in?
    Last edited by Twentington; 17th April 2013 at 2:04 AM.
    3DS FC: 0302-0291-6804

Move along, nothing to see here.

Obligatory post-approval post here.

I'm joining.
    99% of teens like 1 directon... put this in ur sig if you dont (started by blazeing man)

Alright, I think I'll join as well.

It seems the server is down for my Bronyland test results, but I am Applejack.

I just need one person to take that last spot so we can start soon.
    Last edited by Twentington; 23rd February 2013 at 9:55 PM.

Sure, I'll give it a go.
    100% of information in signatures on this forum involving percentages is false. If you feel as cheated by this atrocity as I do, don't you dare copy this into your signature.
    Hold on... if this percentage was correct at the time of print, that means the actual percentage of false information is less than 100% if this signature is included. Which means that... no! I've become a slave to the system!!

I'll put in the intro starting with game 2, but for now, I'd just like to get this rolling. Here's the prize going on the wheel for the first round...

Jim Thornton: Get the most out of your viewing with this fantastic home entertainment package. First, this 55 inch 3D Plasma Flat Panel HDTV will provide you with the best quality television for years to come. Also, we'll include the new Dolby 5.1 Surround Sound System, so you can have the best sound in the neighborhood, and we'll include 3 pairs of 3D glasses. And if that's not enough, spin the wheel or question the answer at home with the new Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy home games for XBOX 360. The package also includes a XBOX 360 console, 2 controllers, and 5 games, including Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy! Plus we'll provide a $1,000 Target shopping spree!

$6,650!

*APPLAUSE*

And with that, take a look at the round 1 wheel...

1: Bankrupt/MILLION/Bankrupt
    2: $650
    3: $400
    4: FREE PLAY
    5: $900
    6: $500
    7: $600
    8: $1,000
    9: $550
    10: $700
    11: JACKPOT
    12: $900
    13: BANKRUPT
    14: $2,500
    15: $350
    16: HOME ENTERTAINMENT
    17: $750
    18: $600
    19: $500 (WILD CARD)
    20: $800
    21: LOSE A TURN
    22: $600
    23: $400
    24: $300

And here's your first puzzle of the night, the category is BOOK TITLE...

[PUZZLE START CHIMES]

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ * _ _
    _ * _ _ _ _ _ _ _
    _ _ _ _

BOOK TITLE

JACKPOT: $5,000

(on rows with more than one word, they're separated by asterisks)

...and WizardTrubbish, you get the first spin of the wheel.

(remember, 1-72)

I'll pick 42
    99% of teens like 1 directon... put this in ur sig if you dont (started by blazeing man)

And that is...

5: $900

$500.

Guessing T

Two of them.

_ T _ _ _ _ _ _ * _ _
    _ * _ T _ _ _ _ _
    _ _ _ _

BOOK TITLE

JACKPOT: $5,500

You've got $1,000 now.

So do you win any money if you solve the wall? Or does the round just end? I haven't watched much Wheel of Fortune...
    100% of information in signatures on this forum involving percentages is false. If you feel as cheated by this atrocity as I do, don't you dare copy this into your signature.
    Hold on... if this percentage was correct at the time of print, that means the actual percentage of false information is less than 100% if this signature is included. Which means that... no! I've become a slave to the system!!

I'll guess s

No, no, you either spin, buy a vowel, or solve.

And when you solve right, you win the round plus any cash and prizes you've earned in the round, or $1,000 if you don't have at least that much.

I'll spin with 8

16: HOME ENTERTAINMENT
    17: $750
    18: $600
    19: $500 (WILD CARD)

$750.

(attack of the lowercase strikes again)

I'll guess s

Another two.

S T _ _ _ _ _ _ * _ _
    _ * S T _ _ _ _ _
    _ _ _ _

BOOK TITLE

JACKPOT: $6,250

Nice, even, $2,500 now.

I'll spin again with 70

23: $400
    24: $300
    1: Bankrupt/MILLION/Bankrupt
    2: $650

(groans)

Well, it might get back to you. Pikalax, it's your first spin of the game.

EDIT: Or not. He's out of time, so he gets his first strike, and we go to TotalPotato.
    Last edited by Twentington; 28th February 2013 at 11:33 PM.

Lucky me! I'll spin with 28.

12: $900

(applause)

Well, first, call a letter.

R for radish.

Three, to be exact.

S T R _ _ _ _ R * _ _
    _ * S T R _ _ _ _
    _ _ _ _

BOOK TITLE

JACKPOT: $6,750

You have $1,500, and you could have $6,750 more if you can solve the puzzle right now.

Um, I'll try... not sure whether this is a book title, but at least it fits...

Stranger in a Strange Land?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast