Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Do you use monotypes?

No, but I've been thinking about doing a Normal mono team in Platinum.
    FC: 3540-0790-8867
    IGN: Quan

NL Dream Address: 4000-3847-5618

I am currently doing my first Nuzlocke and am finding it extremely boring (could be because it is on Diamond and I don't like Diamond anyway). I have never attempted a monotype game, but it sounds a lot more fun than a Nuzlocke. My favorite types are Electric, Psychic, and Dark. My question is would I just pick any of the three starters to start and then give it up once I have one of the monotypes?

Shiny's have been EV trained finally!

Living Pokedex Project: 718/718 Completed!

Quote Originally Posted by Scot_82 View Post
    I am currently doing my first Nuzlocke and am finding it extremely boring (could be because it is on Diamond and I don't like Diamond anyway). I have never attempted a monotype game, but it sounds a lot more fun than a Nuzlocke. My favorite types are Electric, Psychic, and Dark. My question is would I just pick any of the three starters to start and then give it up once I have one of the monotypes?
    That's what I did with my Poison monotype. I even started with Bulbasaur, but I just feel like the runs are more fun using more common Pokemon. It's an "aspiring Gym Leader" sort of feel.

As for your type preferences, I'd say you should do a Dark one in Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald. Cacturne, Sharpedo, and Absol are the main Darks off the top of my head, but that sounds like a great fun team already!
        Spoiler:- My Blog and Friend Codes:
    My Shinies:

I did it once. It was fun because Water is my favorite type, but I wouldn't do it again... I don't mind repeating a type in my team, tough.
    White 2:

I made a dark type competitive team it had Tyranitar and cacturne on it to name a few and it worked really well
    And then I might try one when I start X and Y maybe a water one but it depends

Well I started an Electric run on Diamond. It's been fun, but I am going to be limited to Shinx and Pachirisu for a while. Rotom some point after that, but there isn't really a lot of options. Maybe I should switch to Grass.

I don't use monotypes, but I've considered making a monotype team before just for the fun of it.

...in which case it would be Treecko Male, Treecko Female, Grovyle Male, Grovyle Female, Sceptile Male, and Sceptile Female.
    Take it easy
    "See you next summer..."
    (S2 is coming out very soon!)
    I'm looking for an old piece of art I requested on here years ago and lost. It was a brown-haired girl with a pink wristband riding a Torterra. If you think you have this picture saved or have seen it somewhere please let me know and send it to me.

I started a black grass monotype run, but quit halfway through when I realised that I had no way to get a lotad so I could surf...

Well, i am just about finished with my first complete monotype using only water in soul silver. the hardest part was getting the kingdra to fight clair.
    My Platinum Monotype:
    White Team:

i use mono-dark, mono-ghost, mono-poison, mono-psychic. pretty much the weird/supernatural types xD i do that for everything actually =P

^credit to 00swms

Teh bes guild evur
    ASB TL 1, 9 TP,

Quote Originally Posted by Scot_82 View Post
    Well I started an Electric run on Diamond. It's been fun, but I am going to be limited to Shinx and Pachirisu for a while. Rotom some point after that, but there isn't really a lot of options. Maybe I should switch to Grass.
    have someone trade over a magnemite, always a good option.

B
    I like to breed to Pokemon (except IV breeding, i have no interest in it)*. If you have any requests please PM or email me and I will see what I can do to help you. I also have TONS of items.**

Email: pokemonmaster2385@gmail.com (please include "username" @ serebii forums in the heading)
    *I can breed all Pokemon in X&Y now.*
    **Items are in BW & B2W2 only**

Pokemon Y friend code: 3797 - 7081 - 3314
    Pokemon X friend code: 4296 - 4159 - 0229

I haven't yet, but I'm starting one. When I do my playthrough of the game, I always use a balance team. Then after the game's over, I'll train a monotype team or something. This is my first one, actually, haha. I'm working on a fire team right now ^^
    White 2 FC: 2666-9983-9495
    DeviantArt | Tumblr | My crafting forum
    [IMG]http://i46.*******.com/14e289t.png[/IMG]
    I crochet pokemon!! I can be commissioned if you would like for me to make you a custom one. I also have some pre-mades for sale. If interested, please send me a note on DeviantArt telling me what you want.

I have a very very casual breeding shop: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

I have a mono grass team and planning on making a mono poison or bug team on BW2 (still on White).

Never thought about a monotype team, but i like to use water and fire types.
    #1 DEOXYS FAN!

I started a Normal run on SoulSilver.

No points for guessing who my main Pokemon is.
    I, stickerstaryoshi, am now authorized to use the usertitle "We got 3D: XY!", created by user Cresselia92 and to modify it according to my desires.

Fan of the Mario and Luigi series since 2005.

no but I used to.
    my first competitetive was a mono rock team
    My fc: 4871 5236 8426

Dare to battle me?

I'm back

I only do that for competitive battling. Doing it for the storyline is way too risky for me!
    Pokemon X: 1435 - 4013 - 1487 (,,)

I am searching for the following Pokemon
    (Modest), (Modest), (Hasty/Naive), (Timid/Jolly/Hasty/Naive), (Timid/Modest), (Jolly/Adamant)

I can provide you with the following Pokemon…
    (Timid), (Jolly), (Timid), (Rash), (Bold), (Careful), (Relaxed with Seismic Toss).

I’m also offering a legit Shiny Foongus. Looking for a good natured shiny in return!

I've never used a monotype in-game neither competitively, but I've used a team of 5 dragons + Magnezone, which was actually pretty decent.

Not in the main game, but I've tried monotype Flying teams in both Competitive and challenging the Elite Four/anything after that.
    "I want you to make me a stepping stone so everyone can shine…!"

Ice Friend Safari - Snover / Bergmite / Cloyster
    Current and temporary Friend Safari is Grass - Tangela / Swadloon / Maractus

Had to switch from Electric to Psychic on my Diamond monotype run. The only options for quite a while were Shinx/Luxio/Luxray and Pachirisu. Psychic should be better since I can get Abra/Meditite/Chingling pretty quickly.

I have a semi- mono type team( because I still use my starter and a Cinncino) . I have Dragon team. I love my dragons so much! <3 Reshiram, Zekrom, Dragonite and Hydreigon. I would probably try to become a dragon master in anime. XD
    3DS friend code:1048-8039-5188

I once did a three-type rock/ground/steel "sandstorm" run on Pokemon Emerald (though Aggron ended up being my only steel type, so you could call it a rock/ground run if you discount the time when I had a Skarmory on my team for all of thirty minutes). My final team was Swampert (Troy)/Aggron (Alexandria)/Flygon (Memphis)/Armaldo (Jericho)/Camerupt (Pompeii)/Solrock (Delphi), and I ditched Kyoto the Nincada (couldn't evolve it), Prague the Geodude (or maybe it was a Graveler...), and Toledo the Skarmory (after spending so much time catching one, too!)
    3DS Friend Code: 1864 - 8413 - 3256

Nope
    If i would, ice
    or electric

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234