Thread: White 2 PWT Team

Talking White 2 PWT Team

So, I've been using this team and while it has worked wonders, I'm kinda bored of Alakazam so I'm kinda considering using somebody else, anyways the team right now is:

Neesha
    Hydreigon @ Wise Glasses / Levitate
    Modest 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    -Dragon Pulse
    -Dark Pulse
    -Flamethrower
    -Sur
    I usually lead with her, pretty much getting rid of entire teams, This set has proved to be quite good, So I'm not rly considering to make any changes at all.

Abhik
    Garchomp @ I DONT KNOW! I just gave her a Dragon Gem / Sand Veil
    Jolly 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    -Outrage
    -EQ
    -Stone Edge
    -Brick Break
    My physycal powerhouse, she gets rid of almost anything, Dragon Gem'd Outrage is huge damage. I'm thinking about slapping a Focus Sash on her, she's been OHKO'd by those damn Weaviles many times... Brick Break por coverage, Considering to change SE for Rock Slide, not sure yet, suggestions?

Mahin
    Alakazam @ Life Orb / Magic Guard
    Timid 4 HP / 252 Spa / 252 Spe
    -Psychic
    -Energy Ball
    -Shadow Ball
    -Focus Blast

Dont get me wrong, this guy is a killer, has awesome speed (31 Speed IVS) and Magic Guard is an awesome ability, free boosts from Life Orb mean huge damage. Psychic over Psyshock, I used shock first, but it proved to be kinda pointless, This guy can OHKO Blissey with Focus Blast anyways; Energy Ball and Shadow Ball for coverage, I hate Focus Blast, it misses way too much :/

So this is the team as of now, I'm considering to change Alakazam since I rarely use him, any suggestions?
    Last edited by pink; 23rd February 2013 at 11:35 PM. Reason: typo

White 2 FC: 5372 8754 6422
    DW : /
    Looking for any DW female I don't have
    (I can breed females and trade them! PM Me)

This looks pretty strong!

Have you tried a swords dance with focus sash on the garchomp? this somewhat negates ice moves.

Other than that i would replace the alakazam with something which can set up sandstorm to release sand veil for garchomp to increase chances of survival/winning.
    This means tyranitar/Hippowdon, and to be fair, tyranitar is a lot stronger. With it's 4x weakness to fighting and your lack of something to switch to, means very accurate play though. So in the case of hippowdon, means a lack of special defense which is needed 1 in 3 times (physical attacker/special attacker/status inflicter being all 3 choices).
    Even then i dont think i'm improving anything unless you change hydreigon also to excadrill whom also excels in sand. This has been used to great effect by a lot of people reaching good 50+ streaks in super subway.

Other than that, you can try a full change to a subway challenge like my white2 setup, of abusing the stupid AI.

As it is, your team is fairly solid, just lacks the ability to cheat against the AI which PWT/Subway will abuse.
    Last edited by Bigheaded; 24th February 2013 at 11:06 AM.
    My Diamond Sandstorm BT squad:
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?p=14238023 Streak: 50
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=556617 Streak: 47

My White2 Super Single Subway Squad:
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?598816 streak: 64 wins.

As far as garchomp is concerned, the above suggestion for dealing with ice attacks it beautiful. However, if you're not too worried about that, I'd recommend using garchomp's bread and butter set. It's simple, but very effective.

Garchomp @ Leftovers
    Jolly/Adamant
    252 Attack/ 252 Speed/ 4 Whatever
    -Dragon Claw
    -EQ
    -Swords Dance
    -Substitute

When you get a good opportunity, bring in garchomp and set up a sub. Use swords dance until your sub is broken, then proceed to sweep. Leftovers will help recover the damage from substitute so you can reuse it if you need to. I typically like dragon claw over outrage because it doesn't lock you in or cause confusion. Plus, after a couple swords dances, it will be plenty powerful. Then EQ pretty much rounds out the coverage.
    My White 2 Team:

Thanks to the amazing Savanny for this sweet banner!

Quote Originally Posted by EvilTyranitar View Post
    As far as garchomp is concerned, the above suggestion for dealing with ice attacks it beautiful. However, if you're not too worried about that, I'd recommend using garchomp's bread and butter set. It's simple, but very effective.

Garchomp @ Leftovers
    Jolly/Adamant
    252 Attack/ 252 Speed/ 4 Whatever
    -Dragon Claw
    -EQ
    -Swords Dance
    -Substitute

When you get a good opportunity, bring in garchomp and set up a sub. Use swords dance until your sub is broken, then proceed to sweep. Leftovers will help recover the damage from substitute so you can reuse it if you need to. I typically like dragon claw over outrage because it doesn't lock you in or cause confusion. Plus, after a couple swords dances, it will be plenty powerful. Then EQ pretty much rounds out the coverage.
    I don't think you're "ever" going to get the chance in super subway of setting up for free as you suggest. You either make it so you can setup using a lead like in my sig for super sub. You did notice it was for subway/pwt?
    The set you suggest would work fine as a replacement to my drapion in my team, but on this team, his set is much better, especially with a focus sash.
    It does depend what pokes you're against though, but after 40 battles, you're bound to come up against all sorts, so you need to be prepared for everything

Still, my suggestion basically remains as is. All 3 are solid, but they will probably only reach a ~30-60 win streak. Anything 50-60 would possibly need a few attempts in case you came up against problems such as focus sash weaviles.

how far did you get with this team?

My current streak is 105~ But I'm getting bored lol, I was considering to use Multiscale Dragonite, what do you think? I have no experience with Dragonite tho.

White 2 FC: 5372 8754 6422
    DW : /
    Looking for any DW female I don't have
    (I can breed females and trade them! PM Me)

Quote Originally Posted by pink View Post
    My current streak is 105~ But I'm getting bored lol, I was considering to use Multiscale Dragonite, what do you think? I have no experience with Dragonite tho.
    holy wowsticks... not sure what to say to that
    will have to see how far i get with my team ^^

dragonite... a bit pointless if you're using a garchomp also, all the same weaknesses...
    Ferrothorn is possible but doesnt really suit your playstyle

Metagross is certainly an interesting choice, a bit slow though, so either live with it, focus sash it, or choice scarf it. Don't think you'll get enough power with the choice scarf though.

For choice band:
    Adamant/jolly
    EV's: 252 Atk, 252 speed, 4 hp
    ~ Meteor Mash
    ~ Bullet Punch
    ~ Hammer Arm
    ~ Zen Headbutt

Tyranitar i personally use LUM berry. Setup a dragon dance against anything with special attacks. Although gengar/alakazam seriously hurt with focus blast, not sure if it survives with those EV's. I used a specially defensive one as mine had a slightly different purpose.
    Adamant/jolly
    EV's 252 atk, 252 speed, 4 hp
    Dragon Dance
    Crunch
    Rock Slide/Stone Edge
    Earthquake

Something else which has worked for me:
    Staraptor:
    Adamant
    252 speed, attack, 4 in hp
    Choice band
    Brave Bird
    Close Combat
    U Turn
    Aerial Ace/Double edge/Return

hits nearly as hard as garchomp with it's brave bird. Not so bulky though, can take a rock slide usually from most poke's thanks to intimidate.

Those are my thoughts of other decent pokemon which could work.