Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: RU Team!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Eon Gardens
    Posts
    289

    Default RU Team!

        Spoiler:- Teambuilding Process:




    Smeargle (Drawsome) @ Focus Sash
    Jolly Nature (+ Speed, - Sp. Attack), Own Tempo
    252 Speed, 252 Defense, 6 HP
    ~ Swords Dance
    ~ Baton Pass
    ~ Spore
    ~ Ingrain

    Straightforward Smeargle set. I can use Spore to easily set up. I usually use Ingrain first in case I take damage from SR/Spikes or the occasional but very rare Toxic Spikes and renew the Focus Sash if it hasn't been broken. After one Shell Smash and Ingrain it is ready to Baton Pass, and since it gives a nifty +2 to Both attacks and Speed, it can give it to someone else for them to sweep without need to set up. The only thing that really scares me with this one is it's frailty, priority, and the horrible crippler: Taunt.



    Cincinno (Cleanex) @ King's Rock
    Jolly Nature, Skill Link
    252 Speed, 252 Attack, 6 HP
    ~ Tail Slap
    ~ Rock Blast
    ~ Bullet Seed
    ~ Wake-Up Slap

    After the amazing boosts from Smeargle it can sweep unprepared teams. Personally, I had a Cincinno in my very first Black game and it was amazing, I rebreed again and again until I had Return/Aqua Tail/Iron Tail/Sing, but I sadly lost that game . Oh well, Skill Link > Technician in my opinion. Technician is better on Scizor who can abuse it more, but with a Five-Hit, STAB, +2 Tail Slap wrecks everything in it's wake. Truly horrifying for the opponent.

    When against Deoxys-D: 23.03% to 27.63% HP damage per hit. On 252 Def/HP on it.



    Sceptile (Slade) @ White Herb
    Timid Nature, Unburden
    252 Speed, 252 Sp. Attack, 6 HP
    ~ Leaf Storm
    ~ Dragon Pulse
    ~ Focus Blast
    ~ Hidden Power Rock

    Can you spell perfection? I can: S-C-E-P-T-I-L-E! I love Sceptile! Second Fav Grass starter in the whole game (Only after Servine) and has perfect coverage. resisted! And a base 140 STAB Leaf Storm backed by his monstrous 339 Special Attack and the ability to do it twice without lowering his stats! I can't think of one reason he is in RU, OU in my opinion. Shiny > Regular just makes it so much more of a boss that is unstoppable! Then after the first LS, it's speed doubles!



    Sigilyph (Miracle) @ Flame Orb
    Timid Nature, Magic Guard
    252 HP, 16 Def, 32 Sp. Def, 200 Speed, 4 Sp. Attack
    ~ Cosmic Power
    ~ Psycho Shift
    ~ Stored Power
    ~ Roost

    Just Cosmic Power while Flame Orb starts and then cripple the physical opponents. Cosmic Power is by far my favorite boosting Defensive move in the game! It is cool, powerful and makes this thing a tank. Roost off the damage, and then cause massive damage with Stored Power. I do have an odd EV spread, but it is highly effective. Look at the art one more, time, it is so cute. My cute little Sigi, my Miracle.

    [IMG[http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/24300000/Absol-absol-24367497-414-358.jpg[/IMG]

    Absol (Dark52) @ Life Orb
    Adamant Nature, Super Luck
    252 Attack, 252 Speed, 6 HP
    ~ Sucker Punch
    ~ Megahorn
    ~ Superpower
    ~ Swords Dance

    After that nifty +2 from Swords Dance, then those powerful attacks. He is one of my favorites and can be stopped, but alas, is very difficult. I was going to run the standard SP/Pursuit/Night Slash/Superpower, but then I was thinking, and I realized something: Why run three of the same type moves if you can use that for Coverage and Boosting? So here it is now! Dark52 is an absolute Admin and can sweep teams if it can set up.



    Aerodacytl (Bruce Wayne) @ Focus Sash
    Jolly Nature, Rock Head
    252 Speed, 252 Attack, 6 HP
    ~ Taunt
    ~ Stealth Rock
    ~ Double-Edge
    ~ Stone Edge

    Bruce Wayne, the Dark Knight. He can so easily shut down stupid Ferrothorn's/Forretress's with Taunt and then proceed to SR myself. Double-Edge is a full power 120 Base Power attack with 0 recoil, amazing for Neutral Coverage. Stone Edge is an amazing STAB option. AT first I was gonna Choice it but I don't like those to be honest. I only ever Choice on Ubers. Dat Speed is amazing too Taunt. I would run Roost > DE if it wasn't so frail, but I can't afford to waste that turn.



    Thereatlist:
    Scizor: Can Bullet Punch and kill half my team, and Bug Bite/U-Turn the rest.
    Breloom: Same deal as Scizor but can Spore instead.
    Vaporeon: Only can be really handled by my Sceptile.
    If you think of more, tell me and I will add.

        Spoiler:- Exportable::



    Thanks for reading and hope you will rate!
    Last edited by Ryan7437; 24th February 2013 at 6:10 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    America
    Posts
    204

    Default

    You can't have Shell Smash and Baton Pass on the same set in RU, I think. Or is that legal now? I checked Smogon, and it's illegal there. If it is, use Swords Dance over Shell Smash.

    Personally, I'd go for King's Rock over Life Orb on Cinccino, as I don't think missing a Life Orb will lose you any KOs, and the 41% chance to flinch is a complete troll

    Oh yeah, and Skill Link is definitely better than Technician, though you're still badly walled by steels, I think. Can a +2 Wake Up Slap KO most steels in the tier? I need calculations...

    Team rate later.
    For trade:
    Legendaries- Shiny rash , Shiny relaxed , Sassy , , 2 (one docile, one lax), , , (DW event), , ,

    DW(non-female)- ,

    DW females-

    Friend Codes:
    White- 2537 7184 5779


    Name: Nike
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage
    With enough skill, you can put any pokemon here

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Shell Smash+Smeargle+Baton Pass is illegal in all tiers but OU and Ubers. Use either Shift Gear or Quiver Dance over Shell Smash. Since your Special Sweepers have great power IMO, use Shift Gear.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Eon Gardens
    Posts
    289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydreigon Mix View Post
    Shell Smash+Smeargle+Baton Pass is illegal in all tiers but OU and Ubers. Use either Shift Gear or Quiver Dance over Shell Smash. Since your Special Sweepers have great power IMO, use Shift Gear.
    Yeah it is illegal, so I did Swords Dance > Shell Smash but still isn't as good. Now it has to be to either Sigi, Absol,Aero,Cinn and poor Sceptile gets left in the dusk.

    Quote Originally Posted by silverangel View Post
    You can't have Shell Smash and Baton Pass on the same set in RU, I think. Or is that legal now? I checked Smogon, and it's illegal there. If it is, use Swords Dance over Shell Smash.

    Personally, I'd go for King's Rock over Life Orb on Cinccino, as I don't think missing a Life Orb will lose you any KOs, and the 41% chance to flinch is a complete troll

    Oh yeah, and Skill Link is definitely better than Technician, though you're still badly walled by steels, I think. Can a +2 Wake Up Slap KO most steels in the tier? I need calculations...

    Team rate later.
    That Flinch usually causes RageQuit ( I play on PO ). It is so awesome though! This was a great tip, thanks!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    ---
    Posts
    902

    Default

    You've got three pokes weak to fighting and two weak to electricity. Once your Sceptile is gone (and, given its generally "meh" bulk, it will go down) you team is doomed to die to one of the two types, especially priority fighting moves against Smeargle and Cincinno. Since your threat list included pokes exclusively OU, does PO have a no tier category? If there are no tier restrictions, you'll need to watch out for Modest, fast electric types. Jolteon can take a burn, and OHKO back (I think) even bulky sigilyph, and scarfed it can outspeed Aerodactyl unless you've passed it some speed. Focus sash might help here, but I'm not sure that dactyl can OHKO a Jolteon or some bulkier electrice types like Ampharos, Raiku or even Electross and Luxray, if they're defensive varients.
    Finally, Smeargle is also succeptable to Fake out and pokes with Sap sipper. Magic bounce natu, though seen a bit less, will bounce back spore, and Quagsire will ruin your sweeper's day with Unaware.
    Just some food for thought.
    Last edited by The Federation; 24th February 2013 at 10:19 AM.
    FC: 2234 - 8515 - 1161
    IGN: Nick

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Eon Gardens
    Posts
    289

    Default

    ^ Actually, when I see either one of those two (Xatu/Espeon) I just Ingrain on the predicted switch. And Sceptile can outspend them all with Unburden. And Smeargle is just for the first turn, then Cincinno can handle most stuff. It is fast enough to.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    406

    Default

    Once your Aerodactly is taken out, which happends fast due you build it quite frail, your team is pretty much Taunt bait.

    About Aerodactly Don't go for 252 spd and 252 attack in RU, he doesnt have much competition in RU in speed tiers, I also have an Aerodactyl especially build for RU.
    give it 176 spd IV's so It can outspeed everything expect for ninjask or Accelgor (Which aren't really a thread) and give him some HP and SP.def EV's and less EV's in attack so he can fullfil his role better.

    conclusion: This is my set for Aerodactyl for RU

    Jolly - 176 spd 196 hp 34 attack 106 sp.def
    Roost / Stealth Rock / Toxic-Taunt / Rock Slide
    This way he is suprisingly bulky and does his job to set stones and toxic on the enemy's side really well, roost keeps him good alive. So I really recommand this set for RU play. Its up to you though. His base attack is already High so he will do some damage anyway, rock slide fits this role really well due Flinch and if your enemy is poisoned, that means an free poison damage.
    Last edited by Azulart; 24th February 2013 at 9:45 PM.




    MM quest completed ! ( 146 Eggs )
    31/31/31/x/31/31

    Totally ready for ORAS !


  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Elsewhere
    Posts
    1,003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan7437 View Post
        Spoiler:- Teambuilding Process:




    Smeargle (Drawsome) @ Focus Sash
    Jolly Nature (+ Speed, - Sp. Attack), Own Tempo
    252 Speed, 252 Defense, 6 HP
    ~ Swords Dance
    ~ Baton Pass
    ~ Spore
    ~ Ingrain

    Straightforward Smeargle set. I can use Spore to easily set up. I usually use Ingrain first in case I take damage from SR/Spikes or the occasional but very rare Toxic Spikes and renew the Focus Sash if it hasn't been broken. After one Shell Smash and Ingrain it is ready to Baton Pass, and since it gives a nifty +2 to Both attacks and Speed, it can give it to someone else for them to sweep without need to set up. The only thing that really scares me with this one is it's frailty, priority, and the horrible crippler: Taunt.



    Cincinno (Cleanex) @ King's Rock
    Jolly Nature, Skill Link
    252 Speed, 252 Attack, 6 HP
    ~ Tail Slap
    ~ Rock Blast
    ~ Bullet Seed
    ~ Wake-Up Slap

    After the amazing boosts from Smeargle it can sweep unprepared teams. Personally, I had a Cincinno in my very first Black game and it was amazing, I rebreed again and again until I had Return/Aqua Tail/Iron Tail/Sing, but I sadly lost that game . Oh well, Skill Link > Technician in my opinion. Technician is better on Scizor who can abuse it more, but with a Five-Hit, STAB, +2 Tail Slap wrecks everything in it's wake. Truly horrifying for the opponent.

    When against Deoxys-D: 23.03% to 27.63% HP damage per hit. On 252 Def/HP on it.



    Sceptile (Slade) @ White Herb
    Timid Nature, Unburden
    252 Speed, 252 Sp. Attack, 6 HP
    ~ Leaf Storm
    ~ Dragon Pulse
    ~ Focus Blast
    ~ Hidden Power Rock

    Can you spell perfection? I can: S-C-E-P-T-I-L-E! I love Sceptile! Second Fav Grass starter in the whole game (Only after Servine) and has perfect coverage. resisted! And a base 140 STAB Leaf Storm backed by his monstrous 339 Special Attack and the ability to do it twice without lowering his stats! I can't think of one reason he is in RU, OU in my opinion. Shiny > Regular just makes it so much more of a boss that is unstoppable! Then after the first LS, it's speed doubles!



    Sigilyph (Miracle) @ Flame Orb
    Timid Nature, Magic Guard
    252 HP, 16 Def, 32 Sp. Def, 200 Speed, 4 Sp. Attack
    ~ Cosmic Power
    ~ Psycho Shift
    ~ Stored Power
    ~ Roost

    Just Cosmic Power while Flame Orb starts and then cripple the physical opponents. Cosmic Power is by far my favorite boosting Defensive move in the game! It is cool, powerful and makes this thing a tank. Roost off the damage, and then cause massive damage with Stored Power. I do have an odd EV spread, but it is highly effective. Look at the art one more, time, it is so cute. My cute little Sigi, my Miracle.

    [IMG[http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/24300000/Absol-absol-24367497-414-358.jpg[/IMG]

    Absol (Dark52) @ Life Orb
    Adamant Nature, Super Luck
    252 Attack, 252 Speed, 6 HP
    ~ Sucker Punch
    ~ Megahorn
    ~ Superpower
    ~ Swords Dance

    After that nifty +2 from Swords Dance, then those powerful attacks. He is one of my favorites and can be stopped, but alas, is very difficult. I was going to run the standard SP/Pursuit/Night Slash/Superpower, but then I was thinking, and I realized something: Why run three of the same type moves if you can use that for Coverage and Boosting? So here it is now! Dark52 is an absolute Admin and can sweep teams if it can set up.



    Aerodacytl (Bruce Wayne) @ Focus Sash
    Jolly Nature, Rock Head
    252 Speed, 252 Attack, 6 HP
    ~ Taunt
    ~ Stealth Rock
    ~ Double-Edge
    ~ Stone Edge

    Bruce Wayne, the Dark Knight. He can so easily shut down stupid Ferrothorn's/Forretress's with Taunt and then proceed to SR myself. Double-Edge is a full power 120 Base Power attack with 0 recoil, amazing for Neutral Coverage. Stone Edge is an amazing STAB option. AT first I was gonna Choice it but I don't like those to be honest. I only ever Choice on Ubers. Dat Speed is amazing too Taunt. I would run Roost > DE if it wasn't so frail, but I can't afford to waste that turn.



    Thereatlist:
    Scizor: Can Bullet Punch and kill half my team, and Bug Bite/U-Turn the rest.
    Breloom: Same deal as Scizor but can Spore instead.
    Vaporeon: Only can be really handled by my Sceptile.
    If you think of more, tell me and I will add.

        Spoiler:- Exportable::



    Thanks for reading and hope you will rate!
    Just letting you know, although this is an RU team based on the Pokemon, nothing else you say in the OP relates to the tier at all. You are covering OU threats with an RU team, meaning you either do not understand the tier and just pulled this team out of nowhere while browsing a tier list, or you're attempting to use this in OU, which is a horrific idea. These pokemon are RU for a reason, and outside of a strange gimmick team should not be used in OU. So either 1) adjust the descriptions so they actually address the tier you're discussing, or 2) pray that you don't encounter any competent players on the OU ladder.
    Back : D
    I help write the Pokemon of the Week!
    Trapped since February 9, 2013
    Woooo competitive. Also doing ASB, with my squad being here.
    Also have a Youtube channel where I do Nintendo News. Woo.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •