Thread: Persona: Death's Requiem [DQ Thread]

Default Persona: Death's Requiem [DQ Thread]

Discussion thread approved by the wonderful Kamotz

Link to Sign-Ups

Anyone still interested has two more days.

Link to Main Thread

Persona: Death’s Requiem

Plot

Music has always catered to the souls of man. It has guided them along the thin strings of life, and the many symphonies that have guided man on its journey as created a collection of souls. It is a fabled myth, but has fallen deep into the clutches of history, until it was played once again.

The symphony of souls, the piece of the lost and fallen, almost seemingly to be played as the Requiem of death. Though, I have not yet experienced hearing this piece for myself, I’m sure you, child of man, will hear one day.

Music has played a part in everything, for all of the past events that have transpired that have shaped this universe. From the sins of the Kirijo group, where the sole heir Mitsuru is trying to atone, a sort of melancholic tone plays out. For Tatsuya Souo, who sinned to keep his memories, a silent, but gloomy lullaby lingers. For those who had to brave the experiences of the Dark Hour and Tarturus, many darker melodies play, and finally the group of students from Inaba who sought out the truth, to expel fog from the world, and they have the lightest, more fun tunes of the groups.

Though, it seems that something is manifesting out of hate. Something is making a new appearance in the sea of souls. As I flutter through that sea, to and fro from my collected unconscienceness. Into the sea, all I hear is the ticking of a clock.

I do not know what this means, but I sense something resurrecting, something from long ago that was banished. It seems that another phenomenon has appeared in your world, Child of Man, and it seems to be worse than what was transpired before. The shadows have become smarter, and their leader is someone powerful. I do not know who it is, but I can at least tell you my name.

I am Philemon, a watcher over man kind to see if they can truly become enlightened beings. They have accepted death, and they have started to see the goodness in the truth, but they seem to lack another thing… Something else from them having enlightenment. I think that thing is morality. Law and Chaos, good and evil, and so forth. It can’t change in humans, but they need to accept everything, and not bury it away. They do not need this hatred, but even you, Child of Man, have hatred. It’s inevitable, but I still wish that all people had Morales like those in the past.

Now, I bid you good-bye. Good luck on your journey, and I will be watching over you.

Setting and more Plot info

You are a simple high school student at Oakshire High school located in the old, run down town of Meadow Creek. The town is located in a secluded grove isolated by mountains and oak trees. It doesn’t have much, and heck, most of the residents are people who live a laid back life style. The town has three schools, a library, and a Grocery Store. It also had stores to fit the various needs of the people living there. Like a bookstore, nursery, café, weapons store, and sports center. Though, a small store in a secluded corner of the already secluded town is probably what it’s most known for. It is a music and electronics shop, where myriad gaming systems and musical instruments are held. After hearing about all of the talk about it from your friends, you decide to go into the store. That moment changed your life forever.

You have heard that a battle between school bands have started to take place in the county. You take this opportunity as a way to get out of the desolate town, but you soon learn that it’s not orchestral bands; they are real bands. A minimum requirement of ten people is required, and you see nine other people in the shop. The owner, you find out, is the eccentric biology teacher Mr. Nightwing. He always seemed to have a fascination for butterflies. He tells those who have gathered the information, and it seems that everyone instantly jumped in, including you.

After a couple of hours sorting everything out, you are now in the school band. Of course, your Musical instrument was still up to you, or if you wanted to sing, that was fine as well. You guys would be meeting every Wednesday for practice. Though, when you arrive, this is truly when your life changes

The Zodiac Wheel

The Zodiac Wheel is like Tarturus and the TV World, this is the rpg’s Main Dungeon. Though, we might be visiting the TV World later in the RPG. We might not, it depends. It has 13 “Doorways”, each resembling one of the Zodiacs, including the forgotten one. In these doorways are dungeons that represent signs that go with them, and some of them have special limitations, though, the main ones are either Joke Weapons, or No Persona.

There have been reports of Shadow activity inside of these dungeons, and that the fates might have been corrupted. The only thing that anyone has a clue about is a strange melody that plays through the area.
    The Wheel also likes to play tricks on people, making each visit to the worlds it holds different from the last time. From time to time, a doorway will be locked, even if it should have been unlocked.

It is said a force of malevolent darkness is trying to creep up onto the wheel, which could possibly be one of the reasons on why the shadows are suddenly appearing. There have also been reports of people going missing. They are then found dead the next day, with bloodshot eyes and clutching the headphones on their head.

The only way to get to the Wheel is through music of course. They say that when you listen to a special disk with headphones on when the moon is shining on you, you go to the wheel. Though, it hasn’t been proven, and only is a rumor. Though, what CD it is and if it’s true or not is for one to find out.

The Velvet Room and Evokers

The Velvet room is a mythical space in the rift of space-time, or otherwise known as the sea of the soul, that has certain power in the world. It is said that a mythical ability called Persona associated with this place. Though, how it directly affects us is unknown.

Reports have said that those with the ability of the “Wild Card” are able to fuse and create new persona of any Arcana. Though, most people only have the power to have one Persona at a time. This may lead to those blessed with the wild card a versatile, but also no an expert.

The Velvet room this time will always be in its standard shade of blue. It seems to be in a shape of some sort of Musical Bar, where in the corner a man with a large nose resides. At the counter, resides a Barista by the name of Theodore, but you can call him Theo. The woman singing to the loan some stage’s name is Margret, though what she sings is entirely up to those who request it. Also, doors with what seem like covers appear around the room. If it’s towards previous rooms, or other portals to the room, only Igor knows.

Every now and again a young girl by the name of Marie will appear in the room. Igor and Margret know her from somewhere, but she just states she’s a simple traveler. Who she is and what she’s doing there is a complete mystery.

On the subject of Persona, there is a myriad way to summon them, but four main, safe ways, are used by users. The easiest way is for someone like me, Philemon, or another powerful being awakening it for you. Those who fight shadows in worlds that are akin to earth have the easiest time, by just crushing the tarot card corresponding to their Persona. Though, they also have the hardest time obtaining their Personas, which require a certain test about themselves. The next way is through fear and mental stress. Normally in plains where shadows exist, this can be easy to execute. Though, the problem was that if they didn’t have the potential, or awoke to late, they would die, and this is akin to the way how people awaken Persona for the first way. Also, Persona awakened to this manner is normally hard to control, just like those with artificial persona. The last way, though the most interesting way, to say the least, is to evoke the Persona.

Evokers are an easy way to summon a persona, and they normally don’t have any side effects. The problem is, they are lethal to those without the potential. Those with it, however, are able to use their persona almost anywhere without casualties. They combine the aspect of fear, but also acceptance of who they are. Though, it is forcible forcing the Persona out. Evoked Personas are a rare case, as they and shadows are able to co-exist in unison, while the other two aren’t.

Evokers come in all different shapes and sizes, but the most common one is a gun. Others are able to be used, but the thought of committing suicide is able to force the Persona out. It can cause severe mental trauma on the user though, but its uses do out-weight its cons. They also can be used in the real world to evoke Persona. There is another way, bur the user has to have an extreme amount of physical and mental concentration, or the details lamented with the mental stress awakening.

Spoiler:- PLEASE READ:

Spoiler:- PLEASE READ!!!:

Rules

1. All Serebii and RPG Forum rules apply
    2. Please be active. If you plan on no posting at least twice a month or more, do not join the rpg.
    3. No bunnying. This can’t be stressed enough. Well, unless the said character has allowed me to bunny them
    4. No Godmodding. We don’t want you to have Ragnarok or Akasha Arts instantly. So please be fair and tweak powerful personaes so they aren’t as powerful.
    5. This is rated PG-15 for violence, possible sexual and drug related themes, and language. This is also for more mature people.
    6. Please follow the posting procedures in this RPG. 200 Word Minimum, and use proper grammar. As in capitalization, punctuation, spelling, and so forth. The odd mistakes and homophones and homonyms are allowed on occasions, but try to avoid them as much as possible. Exception is if a character is texting another character in the RPG. That will be the only time text talk will be allowed.
    7. Please run your Ultimate Persona through with me before evolving your original persona. All you have to simply do is fill out Persona part of the sign-up again, minus some things. They will have an asterisk * next to it if it needs to be updated for your ultimate persona

Characters

III EMpress- Riley Ashton
    IV Emperor- Jamie Austin Moore. (Inner Flame)
    VI Lovers- Andre Bellamy (Monster Guy)
    XI Lust- Ace Spadial (Lost Requiem)
    XI Strength- Duane Lostner (Iron Lugia)
    XIV Temperance- Kendal Tagg ( CuriousHeartless)
    XVIII Moon- Luna Vizcaino (SenorLaughsaLot)
    XIX Sun- Erin Simmons (Titan500)
    XX Aeon- Naoh Wells

This discussion thread was created to discuss character growth and development, to talk about plausible bosses and shadows, to talk about Persona Evolutions, to talk about major, and minor, events in the story, to discuss character stats, to explain things, and lastly for other general things about the rpg, like RL events that can effect our characters, to announce to everyone when someone has to go away, and things like that.
    Last edited by Lost™; 24th February 2013 at 5:45 PM. Reason: Don't need dem spoiler tags

I look sugary and sweet, but in reality I'm just hollow and rotten.
    Tumblr

Where is the actual band practice taking place?

The band practice is being taken place in the back room of the Music Shop.

Tumblr

Oh damn, Andre thinks it's in the school gym.

It looks like he'll be laaate! xD

Of course he'll be late. Then Ace will most likely beat the living life out of him, along with Jamie.

Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Requiem View Post
    Of course he'll be late. Then Ace will most likely beat the living life out of him, along with Jamie.
    Actually, I just posted. And he hit on Luna. B)

Senor, I expect a good reaction to this.

Oh yea guys, when I post I'm going to have Ace stay behind for reasons. I want to make two solid teams

Team 1
    -Ace

Team 2
    -Riley

Team 2 will have FOur People, as we will have someone come in as an addition.

Choose wisely.

Tumblr

Huh what's that, beating up a girly boy to teach him how to be a man; Jamie's all for that.

Oh yea guys, when I post I'm going to have Ace stay behind for reasons. I want to make two solid teams

Team 1
    -Ace

Team 2
    -Riley

Team 2 will have FOur People, as we will have someone come in as an addition.

Choose wisely.
    Hmm... Jamie will hate Riley the moment she meets him and she'll definitely prefer Ace over him. So Team 1 is where she will go. Noah could go either way; he has no real preference and he is just going along for the ride. So for now I'll put him in Riley's group.
    Let's eat Grandma!
    Let's eat, Grandma!
    Commas saves lives.

Say hello to Rascal, he is a naughty little Articuno but he wants to be a true adventurer one day. Feed him lots of spicy berries and help him grow big and stronger.

During tests people:
    Look up for inspiration
    Down in desperation
    Left and right for information

Quote Originally Posted by InnerFlame View Post
    Huh what's that, beating up a girly boy to teach him how to be a man; Jamie's all for that.
    Oooor Andre will use the Power of Love to show Jamie how to be a woman. :P

That being said, Andre's going with Riley.

Hmm, alright than.

Here are our groups

Group 1
    -Ace
    -Jamie
    -
    -
    -

Group 2
    -Riley
    -Noah
    -Andre

I sense we have a terrible trifecta of Ace, Jamie, and Luna

XD

Power of Love vs Fists

Jamie wins

Tumblr

Plz, the Power of Love conquers all. :P (xD)

In the meantime, here are some Tekteks

Andre Narcissus

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__.../Narcissus.png

Proper picture of Narcissus. Though, my Narcissus is wearing slightly more clothing than this. xD
    Last edited by Monster Guy; 25th February 2013 at 2:53 AM.

I think ace is immune ot the power of love

It's a good thing Narcissus has more clothing this time. That would have been a lot more awkward if you had his regular incarnation.

Ace and Seth.

Riley and Lorelei
    Last edited by Lost™; 25th February 2013 at 3:49 AM.

Tumblr

That would be Jamie's biggest regret, falling in love then asking Andre for advice. Especially if the end result is her in some kind girly outfit that her unfeminine built could never pull off.
    Let's eat Grandma!
    Let's eat, Grandma!
    Commas saves lives.

Say hello to Rascal, he is a naughty little Articuno but he wants to be a true adventurer one day. Feed him lots of spicy berries and help him grow big and stronger.

During tests people:
    Look up for inspiration
    Down in desperation

She would most likely rip all of her cloth's off mid-date. It would be a good idea for her to dress how she would under her frilly outfit.

Tumblr

Waaaaaaaat. I never seen this. ._.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Guy View Post
    Actually, I just posted. And he hit on Luna. B)

Senor, I expect a good reaction to this.
    Oh, expect something ...

I think Luna would prefer to be with Ace.

Here's her avatar:

I might try to make Astarte later.

Okay, I think I caught up. XD

How's Ace going to react to Luna being late?

[Not Made by Me]

Hmm, Ace will most likely have her stay behind with him as punishment. Also, have her help him and Jamie beet the living life out of Andre.

Tumblr

She wouldn't even care; she'd leave wearing nothing but a sports bra and shorts if that what it took to get out of that embarrassing situation.

Okay here's what I got messing around on tektek.org:

Jamie 'n Hippolyta

Noah- Golem isn't human and I refused to attempt to make it on that seeing I didn't find anything suitable in companions. This is the best I could find for him, I couldn't find old worn looking clothes that would work with him. Ah well, I guess I just have to draw him eventually.

And for the heck of it, here's Jamie again, angrily wearing a girly outfit:

Let's eat Grandma!
    Let's eat, Grandma!
    Commas saves lives.

During tests people:
    Look up for inspiration
    Down in desperation