Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Procrastination!

Default Procrastination!

Yeah, dem guilty pleasures....who here uses pokemon (or I suppose other things) to procrastinate important stuff, like homework, chores, etc? Now, DO NOT post here to say how procrastinating is stupid and wrong and lazy and bad and all, even if you are right and have a good point that is not the point of this thread! I'm looking to connect with people who get themselves into pickles like me but just can't stop enjoying themselves and can't (or choose not to he he) manage time properly....

Btw, I'm not saying I don't think schoolwork is important, and while I admit I do procrastinate it often I still am a good student (I work very hard during the school day for sure, and on homework when I "get" to it) and care about school. I guess you could say I just have poor self control/discipline....yeah I'm sorta a mess. Anyone relate to this?
    Hi I am back and hopefully really will be active again! LOVING XY so much but there really isn't even a point of saying I love it since it is just....arceus. Yeah. Anyways, my 3DS friend code is 0688 5572 5678 if anyone wants to battle or register me!
    Friend Safari: Slugma, Growlithe, Braixen

Pretty much, every time I'm on here I'm procrastinating lol
    I can smell u

yay I like love you now wee ain't it fun? :P XD
    Hi I am back and hopefully really will be active again! LOVING XY so much but there really isn't even a point of saying I love it since it is just....arceus. Yeah. Anyways, my 3DS friend code is 0688 5572 5678 if anyone wants to battle or register me!

Well, I don't really use Pokémon as a way to procrastinate, but I come on here a lot, so...

Yeah, I'm like a pretty big procrastinator when I shouldn't be since I'm in college, and college is serious business. But I'm not the only one out there who has a disdain for a lot of the assignments a lot of the classes tend to have. I especially don't really like one of the teacher's way of teaching, so I'm just pretty much scraping by with whatever grade I have right now (and I haven't done my homework for that class either OOPS). I'm pretty much half-dead for the most part when it comes to class/homework, so it's a wonder I haven't failed another class for as long as I have.

Of course, my procrastination doesn't stop there. Nope, I procrastinate on pretty much anything if I don't get to it right away. So... yeah.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    Well, I don't really use Pokémon as a way to procrastinate, but I come on here a lot, so...

Yeah, I'm like a pretty big procrastinator when I shouldn't be since I'm in college, and college is serious business. But I'm not the only one out there who has a disdain for a lot of the assignments a lot of the classes tend to have. I especially don't really like one of the teacher's way of teaching, so I'm just pretty much scraping by with whatever grade I have right now (and I haven't done my homework for that class either OOPS). I'm pretty much half-dead for the most part when it comes to class/homework, so it's a wonder I haven't failed another class for as long as I have.

Of course, my procrastination doesn't stop there. Nope, I procrastinate on pretty much anything if I don't get to it right away. So... yeah.
    yep I know what you mean. Well, ok I'm still in high school, and probably have a lot less work than you, but still...

Just by existing, I procrastinate! It's something that I do no matter what!
    Nothing interesting here. Carry on.
    Author's Profile

cool. I like to say, "I'm a procrastinator, it's in my blood". :P yeah it's "me" too.....

Unfortunately, I procrastinate way too much. I never do it for homework unless it's like a giatn project, but I always do it for chores and practicing my instruments and that kind of thing. Usually this is one of the things I do instead...
    I'll put something here...eventually

This! All day, every day! xD

I find that I learn things better outside of class at my own pace, when I can actually read in-depth about what I enjoy, rather than some professor lecturing about lots of vague things to a class of 100 people...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Feel free to friend me for battles & trades!
    White 2 FC: Amber/5458 8723 9024

Quote Originally Posted by MegaSerperior View Post
    Unfortunately, I procrastinate way too much. I never do it for homework unless it's like a giatn project, but I always do it for chores and practicing my instruments and that kind of thing. Usually this is one of the things I do instead...
    Well good for you that you can put your homework first, lol...eh often I do, I can't say always, or even most of the time, though...I know, I'm bad. And as I said before, I do care about school...I'm just crazy :P

Quote Originally Posted by CinccinoChic View Post
    I find that I learn things better outside of class at my own pace, when I can actually read in-depth about what I enjoy, rather than some professor lecturing about lots of vague things to a class of 100 people...
    I have a really small class for a community college, I just don't really like the projects assigned to us. Yeah, he says he gives us the freedom to do what we want, but you have to keep it in the rules of the project. And these were projects I just weren't interested in. I don't care about making thirty-second trailers/commercials for a documentary special. And the fact that I think After Effects hates me anyway doesn't help either. So for the most part, I just stop working on it when I really shouldn't.

I swear the only freedom I've really had for my own creativity was in PhotoShop class, and that was a couple of years ago :/. I miss assignments like that.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

Naughty naughty.

I actually either do everything immediately or procrastinate it all to hell.

Thanks to Steel Sector Graphics for the userbar and banner!

I work better under pressure. So yeah, I procrastinate.

I'm procrastinating right now. Should work on my 3D modelling stuff but meh, I still have a few weeks until the deadline. I'll manage. I don't usually use Pokémon for that purpose though, although I will often slip into PO to have a few matches before I start doing work I know will take hours.
    TumblrdeviantArt

"I am not a bad man
    Even though I do bad things
    Very bad things
    Such horrible things"

Current rps
    | Boktai |

I'm a terrible procrastinator, very frequently wasting time just looking at the same old things on the internet rather then getting things started. It doesn't help that a lot of my work is done on a computer.

I am however getting better at doing things earlier now I have a busier schedule and can't leave things until the last minute without sacrificing fun things I want to do.

All this and more on my tumblr!
    I can breed premier ball Johto starters.
    3DS: 1160-9852-7611
    Will-Powered Spriter

I procrastinate on the internet, especially here, and I am a pretty decent student.
    Tonight, I wanna dance with someone else ~

I'm pretty much the master of procrastination. I can get great stuff done when it is last-minute, so I wait until then. I still get great grades.n
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Pretty much everyday, here on the forums or on Facebook like right now
    Looking Good!
    Would you like a "Signature" like mine?, contact me

Quote Originally Posted by StarSurgeX View Post
    Pretty much everyday, here on the forums or on Facebook like right now
    That is EXACTLY how I am, everyday at the start i'm like Alright! today I'm gonna do my homework right when I get home from school! instead I go on the internet or play video games or something until 3 a.m. when I start my homework. And dont even get me started on papers and projects.
    I can smell u

I'm actually procrastinating right now, hehe. Like other people said, I mostly procrastinate when I have to go to the computer for homework, which is mostly everyday since I access most of my textbooks online.

3DS: 2836 • 0189 • 795
    Pokémon Showdown: Witeldram
    Safari:
    Fighting - Sawk, Meditite, Riolu

Procrastination pretty much runs in me throughout my school days. Before it was projects, now it's homework.

Oh man, I procrastinate a lot. I usually still get decent grades, but... sometimes piling up homework is very un-appealing. On an ironic note I actually wanted to do my homework last night and realized I left my folder in a class, which I'm not sure will be believable due to my procrastination... the only way this will work out is if I can find out which class I left it in before class starts this morning, providing the doors are unlocked, and somehow get it done in my first class.
    Take it easy
    "See you next summer..."
    (S2 is now!)
    I'm looking for an old piece of art I requested on here years ago and lost. It was a brown-haired girl with a pink wristband riding a Torterra. If you think you have this picture saved or have seen it somewhere please let me know and send it to me.

When i procrastinate it usually isn't with intentions as i have bad memory and forget homework...
    But when i am procrastinating i spend most of my time playing classic snes games.
    3ds FC: 3454-0507-2445

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Prince View Post
    When i procrastinate it usually isn't with intentions as i have bad memory and forget homework...
    But when i am procrastinating i spend most of my time playing classic snes games.
    Well maybe you should use an assignment book, if that is the case, and just always look at it...I always write my homework down, though I still don't always check it lol

I'm procrastinating right now. Lol.

I'm on an iPad, so it's real easy to get off task and play games instead of type up an extremely important paper that I should be doing righ now. Oh well. Maybe later.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast