Thread: Do you have to play the Mystery dungeon games in order?

Question Do you have to play the Mystery dungeon games in order?

I was thinking of getting into the mystery dungeon series but I'm not sure what game to get first. Dose it matter which one I play first? Or are they all completely unrelated?

FC: 4699-6505-4258
    IGN: Diva

They're totally unrelated storywise and therefore can be played in any order.

They aren't entirely connected, so no
    FC: 1332-8918-6873
    Credit: AstralShadow (userbar) & Kida-Ookami (badge) & SwornMetalhead (symbol)

Okay thank you. Any suggestions in what I should get first? I'm trying to save up for X/Y and a 3DS so I can only buy one of the mystery dungeon games for now.

PMD: Explorers of Sky has the most content out of all the games presently available, so I'd go with that one, personally.

Blue is the first one and you could probably get a used one for 10 dollars on amazon or Gmaestop. Time/Darkness is the same, But Sky is better than time/darkness because of the added stuff in there. But don't forget about Gates to Infinity that will be coming out is well....so it's your choice
    FC: 1332-8918-6873
    Credit: AstralShadow (userbar) & Kida-Ookami (badge) & SwornMetalhead (symbol)

hmmm I think I'll go with Explorers of the Sky then since it has the most content and I think is the most recent( at least that is out anyway). Thank you.

For now, get sky. But if you wait a bit, you can get Gates to infinity, which is the pinnacle of masterpieces (From what I've seen so far)