Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pokemon That look Connected But Aren't

Default Pokemon That look Connected But Aren't

We all have guessed at the Venonat-Butterfree mix-up and sometimes we wonder if certain Pokemon were meant to have a connection, but don't.

Examples:
    Gastrodon-->Lapras
    Luvdisc-->Alomomola
    Tauros-->Bouffalant

Are there any Pokemon you think should have been connected somehow?

Cubone and baby Kangaskhan
    FC: 1332-8918-6873
    Credit: AstralShadow (userbar) & Kida-Ookami (badge) & SwornMetalhead (symbol)

Quote Originally Posted by SlowPokeBroKing View Post
    Tauros-->Bouffalant

Are there any Pokemon you think should have been connected somehow?
    Not any that come to mind, but I think that Tauros and Bouffalant are better off unconnected since one is based on a bull and the other is based on a buffalo.
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

I see where you're coming from but certain evolutionary relationships to Pokemon aren't specifically based on actual animal relationships like Calf-->Bull or Caterpillar-->Cocoon-->Butterfly. How many caterpillars hatch from cocoons as hornets? How many rottweilers grow up to be doberman pinschers? I look at Pokemon evolutionary relationships to just connect two at least similar kind of creatures. Also, Tauros and Bouffalant are so similar in color scheme and body style and everything that they always looked related to me whether they evolve into each other or not.

Patrat and Rattata are two for me just because they're both based on rats/mice...

Other than that I can't think of any...

I most defineitely think Luvdisc should've evolved into Alomomola.
    The first time i saw Alomomola, I actually did think it was an evolution of Luvdisc!

Luvdisc -> alomomola
    Pachirisu -> Emolga
    I can smell u

gastrodon and lapras?

how....

When I first saw Spheal, I thought it was going to be a pre-evolution of Seel. That was until I found out it evolved into something different.
    Yellow Team

Current Pokémon Y Team Members
    Greninja, Venusaur, Blaziken, Raichu, Tyrantrum, Mr. Mime

Pokémon X Planned Team Members
    Chesnaught, Charizard, Vespiquen, Jynx, Jolteon, Lucario

Quote Originally Posted by ECM View Post
    When I first saw Spheal, I thought it was going to be a pre-evolution of Seel. That was until I found out it evolved into something different.
    Because of the name?
    I can smell u

Quote Originally Posted by AJ View Post
    gastrodon and lapras?

how....
    shellos.jpg
    I was almost positive Shellos was a Lapras pre-evo. It wasn't until I looked it up that I found out Shellos and Gastrodon didn't complete a line with Lapras.

Seconding the "totally thought Shellos was Lapras' pre-evo" thing. Also, way back in Red and Blue I thought Farfetch'd evolved into Doduo. I think my logic was that they were both birds and that Doduo came after Fetchy in the Pokédex. In my defense I wasn't the only one though, at least around the kids I knew.
    TumblrdeviantArt

"I am not a bad man
    Even though I do bad things
    Very bad things
    Such horrible things"

Current rps
    | TSoAM | CotVK|

Pachirisu and Pikachu come to mind immediately. They just couldn't be more similar.
    Last edited by AuroriumX; 25th February 2013 at 12:47 PM.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

Back in R/S I thought Kecleon was a pre evo of Lickitung since the pokedex book was showing an artwork with its tougue sticking out. I was wrong when I checked the evo page though XD

i know a few people who looked at geodude and thought it should've been a pre-evo to onix.

Zoroark and Mienshao.......

Oh! and Graveler and Machamp. It always seemed strange that golem had two hands, but when machoke evolved, it got four.

Credit to Ayra for the profile pic.
    ASB squad- http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...0#post16972170
    I have claimed Kabutops, destroyer of all! Fear me or perish!

Some examples coming to my mind:
    Luvdisc/Alomomola
    Tauros/Miltank
    Throh/Sawk
    Marowak/Kangaskhan
    any more?
    Oh yes
    Pachirisu/Emolga.
    Quote Originally Posted by DX 2401PT View Post
    Groudon: "Hey, hey, hey, hey, HEY! Stop tearing apart the land that I JUST created! What's wrong with you?!"
    Regigigas: "I'LL DO WHAT I WANT!"

I too first thought that Shellos was a pre-evo for Lapras.

There seems to be a connection between Luvdisc and Alamomola now that you mention it... never thought about it before though.

Cloyster looks like a Gastly hiding in a shell. :P Also, Clamperl could've been a baby Shellder.

Aaand yup. There's the Venonat -> Butterfree and Baby Kangaskhan -> Cubone/Marowak thingy. Weren't they meant to evolve like this? At least Venonat was supposed to evolve into Butterfree when they first planned it.

There's certain sameness in the shape, size, and "hairstyle" of Vanillite and Castform. Speaking of Castform, I thought that the sunshine Cherrim is going to be a new form for it when I first saw a picture of one...

And yup, the "Pikachus" of each gen of course resemble each other. The same way I think Audino resembles Minccino. Could be their third form in my opinion, if you think of only appearance. Sylveon also has this certain Audino look.

Seismitoad looks like it could evolve from this new starter guy, Froakie.

Throh and Sawk seem related. Doh.

Petilil and Lilligant have both something "Ralts-ey" and "Bellosom-ey" in them.

One would think that Shelmet would evolve into Escavalier and Karrablast into Accelgor, but they don't, and that's their thing. Pawniard and Bisharp also relate to Escavalier's and Shelmet's appearance.

Heatmor and Heatran are like brothers.

Durant makes you think that it had something to do with either Spinarak or Joltik line. Or actually, maybe Nincada!

Some Sawsbuck look like they could be members of the Swords of Justice. I also thought that Sawsbuck was going to be Stantler's next stage.

Golett and Golurk remind me of the Legendary Golems.

I bet there are others, but just some that come to mind. Some clearer than the others.

And finally my take on the Tauros -> Bouffalant thing. Yeah, species can change, so I'd have no problem with it. Similar looks are enough, and sometimes even they don't matter that much.
    Last edited by Golemite; 25th February 2013 at 1:51 PM.

My current and FINAL Red team.
    I just can't start a new one since there are no Link Cables around these days. Requiscat in Pace! :´(
    (^ Okay, gotta admit it looks better in COLOR! )

Well, they did do Pidove (Dove/Pidgeon) in to Unfezant (Pheasant). Still birds though, but different species, so I would actually be fine with Tauros -> Bouffalant

Did anyone think that Sawsbuck was a Stantler evo?

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDaikenki View Post
    Did anyone think that Sawsbuck was a Stantler evo?
    I did, just edited it in!

My current and FINAL Red team.
    I just can't start a new one since there are no Link Cables around these days. Requiscat in Pace! :´(
    (^ Okay, gotta admit it looks better in COLOR! )

Quote Originally Posted by Golemite View Post
    I too first thought that Shellos was a pre-evo for Lapras.

There seems to be a connection between Luvdisc and Alamomola now that you mention it... never thought about it before though.

Cloyster looks like a Gastly hiding in a shell. :P Also, Clamperl could've been a baby Shellder.

Aaand yup. There's the Venonat -> Butterfree and Baby Kangaskhan -> Cubone/Marowak thingy. Weren't they meant to evolve like this? At least Venonat was supposed to evolve into Butterfree when they first planned it.

There's certain sameness in the shape, size, and "hairstyle" of Vanillite and Castform. Speaking of Castform, I thought that the sunshine Cherrim is going to be a new form for it when I first saw a picture of one...

And yup, the "Pikachus" of each gen of course resemble each other. The same way I think Audino resembles Minccino. Could be their third form in my opinion, if you think of only appearance. Sylveon also has this certain Audino look.

Seismitoad looks like it would evolve from this new starter guy, Froakie.

Throh and Sawk seem related. Doh.

Petilil and Lilligant have both something "Ralts-ey" and "Vileplume-y" in them.

One would think that Shelmet would evolve into Escavalier and Karrablast into Accelgor, but they don't, and that's their thing. Pawniard and Bisharp also relate to Escavalier's and Shelmet's appearance.

Heatmor and Heatran are like brothers.

Durant makes you think that it had something to do with either Spinarak or Joltik line. Or actually, maybe Nincada!

Some Sawsbuck look like they could be members of the Swords of Justice. I also thought that Sawsbuck was going to be Stantler's next stage.

Golett and Golurk remind me of the Legendary Golems.

I bet there are others, but just some that come to mind. Some clearer than the others.

And finally my take on the Tauros -> Bouffalant thing. Yeah, species can change, so I'd have no problem with it. Similar looks are enough, and sometimes even they don't matter that much.
    No, it is like Shelme shedding it's shell to calm the feisty Karrablast making Karra get a shell (Esca) and Shelmet shedding one (Accelgor)>.

I'm surprised no one's said Munna and Drowzee yet. Honestly, I think most people only thought they were connected because...

A: They're both Bakus.
    B: Something that was said in Red/Blue about a pink Pokemon and flowers.

I must say, I am 110% against this action, I mean, quoting Wikipedia, '' A world of free knowledge will be lost ''. I say screw SOPA and PIPA, and all who agrees with me, sig this! We all detest the bill and will fight for the freedom of the Internet!

This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Warrior Scolipede

I forgot that many people believed that Gengar is Clefable's counterpart/shadow

Luvdisc and Alomomola are the only I can think that should have been connected. Anyways, is there any chance to GF connect them yet somehow? It's not impossible.

Many users above have pointed out Tauros & Bouffalant and Shellos and Lapras. Tauros and Buffalant are different from each other, Tauros is based on a bull and Bouffalant on a buffalo. Shellos is based on a slug (a mollusk) and Lapras on an ancient sea creature (a mammal). They're very different at all.
    Last edited by Pogaymon; 25th February 2013 at 3:04 PM.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast