Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pokemon That look Connected But Aren't

Quote Originally Posted by GatedSunOne View Post
    ... This and what they did to One Piece is why 4kids must be stripped of their title, sacrificed to Mehrunes Dagon, and have their ashes scattered across the many planes of Oblivion.
    I like where you're going!

My current and FINAL Red team.
    I just can't start a new one since there are no Link Cables around these days. Requiscat in Pace! :´(
    (^ Okay, gotta admit it looks better in COLOR! )

That eerie Gastly/Cloyster thing, they are close in the Dex too, Gengar a shadow of Clefable, Stantler-->Sawsbuck-->Xerneas
    Magikarp and Feebas, Plusle and Minun, Chansey and Clefairy line...

I have claimed the Pigs!

Anime Style Battling Squad Summary

Whenever I look at Sigilyph I see a resemblance to Unown, when it was relvealed, my first thought was 'That can't an Unown evolution can it?'
    Living Pokedex Completion: 718/718 species in box.
    Completed February 5th, 2014.
    Previously known as Mime Senior.
    Currently looking for a legit event
    3DS (XL Yveltal) Friend Code: 0490-5755-7024

Dialga and Xerneas.
    Their color scheme is very similar
    3ds FC: 3454-0507-2445

Venonat's having butterfree's face is something most people notice. What nobody has noticed yet is that weedle and diglett actually have the same face too. I'm not quite sure why they do, but they're both brown with beady eyes and round pink noses. The rest of their bodies don't seem to relate to each other though.

Geodude and hitmonchan are similar, particularly in their early official artwork. Their bodies aren't similar at all, but for some reason, they have the same face.

I wouldn't be surprised if butterfree and venonat were meant to be related, but I'd imagine the other four I mentioned are just due to the artist reusing the same design.

As for ones which kind of appear similar while not being, kabutops looks pretty similar to scyther, doesn't it? I figured the two could be distant relatives, seeing as kabutops is prehistoric.
    All fear the vampiric ghost skeletal uber mr. mime caterpie!

Thank you Megadio for the awesome banner.

Houndour/ Houndoom and Poochyena/ Mightyena
    1st X run:

Quote Originally Posted by SimH8 View Post
    Seriously? I don't even know what to say...

Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

Quote Originally Posted by SimH8 View Post
    Edit: Oops I thought this was the hate thread, yeah they do look a little connected.
    Last edited by Colt45; 26th February 2013 at 8:26 PM.
    I can smell u

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Prince View Post
    Dialga and Xerneas.
    Their color scheme is very similar
    Well, so are the color schemes of Starmie and Drifblim; they're still not even remotely similar beyond that (other than being quadrupedal), seeing as Dialga is a sauropod and Xerneas is a stag.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Quote Originally Posted by octoboy View Post
    Venonat's having butterfree's face is something most people notice. What nobody has noticed yet is that weedle and diglett actually have the same face too. I'm not quite sure why they do, but they're both brown with beady eyes and round pink noses. The rest of their bodies don't seem to relate to each other though.

Geodude and hitmonchan are similar, particularly in their early official artwork. Their bodies aren't similar at all, but for some reason, they have the same face.

I wouldn't be surprised if butterfree and venonat were meant to be related, but I'd imagine the other four I mentioned are just due to the artist reusing the same design.

As for ones which kind of appear similar while not being, kabutops looks pretty similar to scyther, doesn't it? I figured the two could be distant relatives, seeing as kabutops is prehistoric.
    Maybe the artists just sucked at making unique faces back in 1st gen.

Virizion and Shaymin Sky Forme.
    FC: 3540-0790-8867
    IGN: Quan

NL Dream Address: 4000-3847-5618

Beartic and Usaring

Visit my Secret Base and let me know if you enjoyed it

Because they're both bears?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bone Cold Marowak Guy View Post
    Because gen. 6 will have 126 Pokemon exactly, and show up near May 24, 2016 (give or take 3 weeks).

Remember when people thought Lucario was Mewthree?
    FC: 1332-8918-6873
    Credit: AstralShadow (userbar) & Kida-Ookami (badge) & SwornMetalhead (symbol)

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Maybe the artists just sucked at making unique faces back in 1st gen.
    Venonat was supposed to evolve in Butterfree, and Metapod was supposed to evolved in Venomoth. I'm sure they had different names before they changed the evolutionary families.

Credit to EmeraldGoblin

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDaikenki View Post
    Remember when people thought Lucario was Mewthree?
    Tell me you're joking. :|

Assuming that you aren't, I can now say that I am very glad to have missed out on that time in the franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameisMoto View Post
    Venonat was supposed to evolve in Butterfree, and Metapod was supposed to evolved in Venomoth. I'm sure they had different names before they changed the evolutionary families.
    You see, I don't understand how that would work. Butterfree is obviously a butterfly and Venomoth is obviously a moth, so even if you switched their names around, you'd still have a caterpillar evolving into a moth and a gnat evolving into a butterfly. I mean, I'll admit, it's not totally impossible, but it just seems really unlikely.
    Last edited by Endolise; 26th February 2013 at 10:58 PM.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467

Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    Tell me you're joking. :|

Assuming that you aren't, I can now say that I am very glad to have missed out on that time in the franchise.

You see, I don't understand how that would work. Butterfree is obviously a butterfly and Venomoth is obviously a moth, so even if you switched their names around, you'd still have a caterpillar evolving into a moth and a gnat evolving into a butterfly. I mean, I'll admit, it's not totally impossible, but it just seems really unlikely.
    I'm not. Also, look on the star on Garchomp, Carvharna, and Sharpedo. They have some sort of link besides being based on Sharks
    FC: 1332-8918-6873
    Credit: AstralShadow (userbar) & Kida-Ookami (badge) & SwornMetalhead (symbol)

Nidoking / Nidoqueen / Kangaskhan / Rhydon
    Feebas / Basculin

Those are the only ones I can come up with that hasn't been mentioned yet.

I remember hearing that people thought plusle and minum we're pre-evo forms of Latios and Latias XD
    May the odds be EVER in your favor
    Credit to Eeveelover824 for this sig and credit to RondezView for the pink pikachu
    If you are a true Swiftie (a Taylor Swift fan) like me and not scared to show it, "Drop Everything Now" and copy and paste in your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Liz Azzimagica View Post
    I remember hearing that people thought plusle and minum we're pre-evo forms of Latios and Latias XD
    At the time, I thought that Latias/Latios would turn out to be descendants of Lugia, although nowadays I don't see any sort of resemblance between them.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467

Quote Originally Posted by Liz Azzimagica View Post
    Wait, what?

I must say, I am 110% against this action, I mean, quoting Wikipedia, '' A world of free knowledge will be lost ''. I say screw SOPA and PIPA, and all who agrees with me, sig this! We all detest the bill and will fight for the freedom of the Internet!

This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Warrior Scolipede

Alomomola looks so much like Luvdisc that it still bothers me how they aren't connected whatsoever, so are Sawk and Throh, but I'm positive they WILL be connected in the future, just like Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan.

I noticed that most Pokémon that look like they are connected but aren't are from Gen V. Simisear and Infernape, Alomomola and Luvdisc, Bouffalant and Tauros, the list goes on. I think they did this on purpose as a way of showing how Unova is different from the rest, the Pokémon there look physically similar but they are not connected, just as how in real life there are dogs everywhere in the world but each breed slightly differs from each other. I guess that's the best way of explaining it.

3DS: 2836 • 0189 • 795
    Pokémon Showdown: Witeldram
    Safari:
    Fighting - Sawk, Meditite, Riolu

Bidoof and Patrat (different species but look somewhat similar).
    Huntail and Eelektrik.
    X FC: Cutty 2449 6004 1037

Wee... Poison slide at my gym...

Pokegyms Fairy Leader

Credit to Astral Shadow for the userbar and Kida-Ookami for the badge.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakansen View Post
    I noticed that most Pokémon that look like they are connected but aren't are from Gen V. Simisear and Infernape, Alomomola and Luvdisc, Bouffalant and Tauros, the list goes on. I think they did this on purpose as a way of showing how Unova is different from the rest, the Pokémon there look physically similar but they are not connected, just as how in real life there are dogs everywhere in the world but each breed slightly differs from each other. I guess that's the best way of explaining it.
    Bingo-bango, that was exactly the intention.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467

Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    Caterpillars do metamorphose into moths in real life, and flies don't metamorphose into anything in real life. It wouldn't make any less sense species-wise than it does now.
    All fear the vampiric ghost skeletal uber mr. mime caterpie!

Thank you Megadio for the awesome banner.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast