Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hacking in Pokemon

Question Hacking in Pokemon

Well, back in the day when action replay first came out I was happy.(I mean what kid wouldn't) that I could finally get shaymin and Darkrai without a single problem and any pokemon I wanted in any color that could learn any move.. Walk through walls and the hours of frusteration of trying to figure out the mysteries of a pokemon game were finally over although it got quite boring after a while.

As I am getting ready to try and hop into the competitive scene of pokemon I had a question regarding the battles.

When you guys battle, are the majority of pokemon hacked in some way or another? Do you fail to really test your team to the limit due to the other person having a level 100 latios that knows dark void?

I just wondered so i know if when I battle if it will be 9/10 chances of the match being severly unfair do to that abomination called the action replay?

You obviously didn't read the rules. We don't talk about hacking on this site. -_- Now delete this Thread or a Mod will close it.

And to answer your obvious question, People use to do that years ago. Nintendo is trying to fix the issue so the chances of unfair matches are a 3/70.
    SonicLife is my name, And Burning way past cool is my game!

I hate hacking...
    The only time I ever CONSIDERED hacking was when my cousin showed me his gameshark, and I didn't even know that was hacking (I just thought it was a sort of extension)
    Currently not playing any Pokemon Games, you can check my Backloggery for games that I AM playing, if you're interested:

If I'm playing a Pokemon game, I'll have my signature display the game I'm playing, current team, and badge number.

i don't ever hack for serious battling, and neither should you or anyone else.

and you should have read the rules, this thread will be closed in a matter of minutes now.
    PM me if you want to battle! i'm always looking for a good battle!

"strong pokemon. weak pokemon. that is only the selfish perception of people. real trainers try to win with their favorites." - karen

black 2 national pokedex: 649/649

I thought the rules said dont talk about hacking in a way of asking for help on action replay and what not and asking for hacking advice. All I was asking was if wifi was a bunch of hacker battlers and if it was even worth the try being competitive or will I get spammed by a latios lv 100 that knows dark void? I dont think I violated the rules.

Well, Asking opinions about hacking is not against the rules, and we have allowed these thread to last for a while. And as staff, we do reserve to play the "It's about hacking and should be shut" card.

As for my opinion, I can not mention my personal opinion while I am staff.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

I've never hacked and that's how I'd like to stay. Hacking ruins the challenge and whole point of the game.
    I'll put something here...eventually

When I was young and stupid, I found it cool, but it sucks the fun right out of the game. Not really a good device if you ask me.
    Nothing interesting here. Carry on.
    Author's Profile

I have yet to meet one pokemon using a move it cannot learn legally. You shouldn't have too many problems being competitive, except for those who DQ on you due to rage at having lost. Just EV train your pokemon, get in there, and you should do fine.
    85% of statistics are made up on the spot, don't bother putting this in your signature, because i made this statistic up too.

The way I see it, if people want to hack, I could care less; just don't go around giving hacked pokemon around like it's a VD. I'm not gonna lie; I've used programs online to download wi-fi event pokemon for the sake of pokedex completion. I'd never think of using it to edit up some abomination of a pokemon with moves it couldn't actually learn and things of that nature.

From my standpoint, it really doesn't matter to me. If that person wants to hack, then let them. If they don't, they don't. A lot of games have their hackers just like Pokemon does. I've grown used to it. In the past, I've hacked many things, but as the years went out, I stopped because it didn't feel right, because I didn't catch them myself or in their legit location. To this day, I still own an Action Replay and it is collecting dust and I have yet to use it again. But, if someone hacks, I don't think they deserve to be looked down upon or to be viewed as a bad person, because you may not know who is or who isn't one.

I don't think I've really come across hacked pokemon before when playing online but then again, I'm not sure if I would actually realise if they were hacked or not, unless it was obvious. I don't play online much anymore anyways though, mostly due to ragequitters.

Also:

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    But, if someone hacks, I don't think they deserve to be looked down upon or to be viewed as a bad person, because you may not know who is or who isn't one.
    I'm pretty sure I don't understand what this means. You shouldn't look down on a hacker because they may not be a hacker? What?

Click for full shiny card!
    HG BQ:

Current Shiny Hunts:
    HG - Route 39 - 600 REs ##### W - SRing for a starter - 300 SRs ##### X - Route 10 - 900 REs

Quote Originally Posted by doodlecloud View Post
    I'm pretty sure I don't understand what this means. You shouldn't look down on a hacker because they may not be a hacker? What?
    I meant, let's say your friend is a hacker, you don't know about it and you don't like hackers. Your friend tells you they're a hacker, what will you do then? Dislike them because of what they do? That's what I meant.

I honestly don't mind if my opponent hacks stuff, as long as it's within legal boundaries. For example, using programs like PokeSav to make perfect but legit Pokemon is honestly fine by me. Of course, doing things like giving Blaziken Water Spout or something are different, but sometimes I like doing weird junk like that just for fun (kinda like Balanced Hackmons, which is pretty fun).

I persoanlly don't mind if opponents hack Pokemon as long as they're within the legal boundaries. If I lose a match, I lose a match because of skill or luck being on the other person's side. Having a hacked Pokemon has no inherent advantage over an identical, legit Pokemon within a battle.

I am against hacking in Random Match (since you can't communicate with your opponent) or in official VGC tournaments under any circumstances.
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

Quote Originally Posted by jesusfreak94 View Post
    I honestly don't mind if my opponent hacks stuff, as long as it's within legal boundaries. For example, using programs like PokeSav to make perfect but legit Pokemon is honestly fine by me. Of course, doing things like giving Blaziken Water Spout or something are different, but sometimes I like doing weird junk like that just for fun (kinda like Balanced Hackmons, which is pretty fun).
    Totally agreeing with you. Haha, I remember days like that. My friend pulled out a Charizard with Blast Burn, Hydro Cannon, Aeroblast and something else. It was pretty fun. xD

Personally, I have never done it, and probably never will.
    I don't mind people doing it in-game, but if they use hacked Pokemon for trading and such, it bothers me.

Likewise, because I feel like trading hacked pokemon really devalues it and the trading system and sucks the fun out of it.

The only time I ever hack is for cloning for other people (they know they're cloned beforehand). I catch/train/breed/EV/whatever my Pokemon myself.

Credit to FrozenConstellation

Well, to actually answer the OP (hes not asking for your opinion guys he had a question. -__-) no. Majority you will not be battling hacked mons. Wi-Fi battles run a check theough your teams, so if you have obviously hacked Pokemon, it will not let you put a Pokemon through to battle. I'd also like to mention that just ecause you come across a team on Wifi thats a full team of shinies, that doesnt mean its hacked. Some people are patient enough to sit through and soft reset for hours, and others RNG (technically not cheating).

Feel like you need a little more Pokemon in your life? Tune into our show!
    EPISODE 55 - SLOWPOKE HOLIDAY
    Looking for something Pokemon-related to listen to while playing through Pokemon XY? This episode is for you!!
    Released: 12/11/14

Guess who claimed Luxray?!

I'm the same as a lot of people here. When I first discovered the Action Replay, I thought it was the coolest things ever. It was frustrating not being able to get a lot of things in my games, but with the AR I could do anything! It was amazing not having to worry about running out of TMs or HP or anything.
    But yeah, after I had abused it quite a bit (in pokemon and in other games), I grew bored of it. I began to play my games again and had a newfound love for them again and realizing how fun they were. So that's one good thing about the AR I guess? ^^
    White 2 FC: 2666-9983-9495
    DeviantArt | Tumblr | My crafting forum
    [IMG]http://i46.*******.com/14e289t.png[/IMG]
    I crochet pokemon!! I can be commissioned if you would like for me to make you a custom one. I also have some pre-mades for sale. If interested, please send me a note on DeviantArt telling me what you want.

I have a very very casual breeding shop: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Thanks its nice to know the wifi system atleast tries to check the teams

It's not a problem using AR codes since you respect the limits of using it. If you respect the limit of a Pokemon, people will not notice it was hacked.
    Last edited by Pogaymon; 27th February 2013 at 8:05 PM.

I'll admit back in 2008 is when I discovered Pokesav and the AR, and I used them... for about a week.
    At first I thought it was incredible being able to make a team in minutes without wasting hours to find out they wouldn't work. Now I used the program to make the pokemon legit and I only gave them 3 perfect IV's which is average, the rest I simply rolled dice. I found a small chat room were people were battling and most of them talked about using Pokesave, AR, or some other program to make their team. Only problem was hardly any of them put any effort into making their pokemon legit.
    I only wanted to use Pokesav for testing purposes before I took the time to make my real team. I never planned to use the Pokemon for competitive battles or even the official wi-fi competition events. However like I said I only used Pokesav and AR for a week cause my save files got corrupted. I was very angry for using them in the first place cause I lost everything I actually worked for.
    I haven't messed with Pokesav or AR since then, I disapprove of people hacking pokemon but for those that make them legit is fine by me. The way I see it a "true" hacked pokemon are those that have higher stats then normal, moves they can't obtain naturally even through breeding, and anything else that gives that pokemon an "advantage" during battle. I realize many people don't like hacking peroid! But as long as they make them legit you won't even notice it, just don't be using them for competition events.
    "I see now that the Circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."
    -Mewtwo
    Mega Snorlax make it happen GAME FREAK!!

3DS FC: 3308-4646-2043
    NNID: Zyon17

I think everyone is confusing legal and legit. Hacks by definition can never be legit.

But to stay on topic, I don't really care if someone uses legal hacks against me, but people using blatant hacks is obviously annoying, and it pisses me off.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast