Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hacking in Pokemon

I think the annoyance in these types of threads pertaining to hacking is that people have huge disparity over the definition of the word "hacking" in the context of Pokemon. I mean, the simplest definition for hacking would be a) to alter (a computer program) and b) To gain access to (a computer file or network) illegally or without authorization. Therefore, to those of you that have stated RNG as a form of hacking, you really have no basis of an argument at all. All RNG does is manipulate the game in order to provide the best possible Pokemon, you did not alter the game's code, nor did you have to download a third party software within the game to access these Pokemon.

Cloning also doesn't fall under hacking (at least I would argue that) since you copied the data of the existing Pokemon, you may very well not tell the difference between them if you saw them side-by-side (extremely controversial given that we have sources like Pokecheck that clones under their gts and fake gts' exist where you can acquire such Pokemon...can be beneficial to get legal events that you may not have access to in your country due to content issues or the like).

Hacking would have to be altering a Pokemon's stats to the point that it's outside the boundaries indicated by the game itself (255 across every stat/illegal movesets are the obvious ones). As well as the inclusion of third party software within the game: Pokesav and Pokegen are hacking because it alters the game's coding to the point where you get Pokemon that would otherwise not have been possible to get.

To answer OP: I don't mind facing hacks as it just motivates me to beat them...but the ones like illegal movesets are a big no-no in fighting.

I frown upon hacking when it's done excessively.
    I am completely fine with legal hacks and clones. but honestly in a trading situation, I would much prefer a pokemon obtained through actual gameplay rather than blatant hacking.

To answer the first poster.

If you wifi battle. You will face a fair few of full shiny max IV'd teams. Usually they have been obtained in a way involving an outside device either by a rng number program followed on pc, pokesav or a AR. These are techically legit since though very unlikely you could happen to get one in the wild that has the same stats. These teams will have a small maybe 5% damage/def advantage over you if your using a RS lvl bred pokemon so right play can over come it.

You wont encounter impossible haxs such as illegal move sets, lvl 200 or above max IV/EV mons.

As most people say. Play the game the way you enjoy.
    If you enjoy only wifi battling and hate breeding and such feel free to use legit 'haxs' to avoid the long training/breeding times,
    If you enjoy breeding and catching take pride in facing the challange with your hard worked team.
    If you want to create a monster lvl 100 catarpie with fire blast enjoy trolling friends in wifi with it.

It is all good.

Quote Originally Posted by Codface View Post
    As most people say. Play the game the way you enjoy.
    If you enjoy only wifi battling and hate breeding and such feel free to use legit 'haxs' to avoid the long training/breeding times,
    If you enjoy breeding and catching take pride in facing the challange with your hard worked team.
    If you want to create a monster lvl 100 catarpie with fire blast enjoy trolling friends in wifi with it.

It is all good.
    One of my favorite answers. Just like Burger King, have it your way. If it yours, you can do what you want with it.

if I battle someone with hacked pokemon I just turn my DS off since I won't accept ppl using those hacked things!
    or maybe if I'm in a good mood I'll just pown the hacker >:-)
    My fc: 4871 5236 8426

Dare to battle me?

I'm back

i dont hack, nor do i give two shits if anyone else does, they can do what the hell they want

I have no problem with hacking as long as you aren't trading the hacked pokemon or using them to your advantage in Competative play, as long as you use them to your use only, I have no problem if it doesnt effect anyone else
    Pokemon X FC - 1736-0880-2817

My Favorite Pokémon of ALL-TIME

Darkai is my favorite pokemon <3

Been a Pokémon fan every since 2003!

If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile

I'll raise my hand guilty-like and admit I have used programs to hack Pokemon. but 1- I do not play competitively, and 2- If I WAS going to play competitively then there is absolutely no way I'd take a pokemon in that I haven't put the effort in to train myself. I think there'd be a sense of accomplishment when you do play competitively and win with Pokemon you've spent hours on making them ready and worthy. That been said, once I've finished a game I like to play it through again, and not just the one version. So generally if there's a specific Poke I want to use as my party then I am guilty of playing through the game solo with a hacked pokemon. I have used it for Pokedex completion too though, like some others.

But there's no way I'd "rip" anyone off if I were trading or battling online. I only play Pokemon as a means to escape everyday life (and live the dream of them being real right?). I've actually never traded or even tried to battle over WiFi. Lol

Rinni: 5386--7979--7291 ~ Friend Safari ROCK:
        Spoiler:- Safaris I'm Looking For:

As a kid, I liked to mess around with the Mew glitch and such, but when i found out about shinies, I never liked them anymore coz I'm too scared my shinies will corrup because of the hacking... so I get someone else to clone them for me XD nya~

Quote Originally Posted by PopPrincess_Lyra View Post
    As a kid, I liked to mess around with the Mew glitch and such, but when i found out about shinies, I never liked them anymore coz I'm too scared my shinies will corrup because of the hacking... so I get someone else to clone them for me XD nya~
    Note that the mew glitch won't corrupt anything, and missingno just corrupts your hall of fame, but all in all, no one cares about the hall of fame these days
    I create all of the banners I use.

Quote Originally Posted by PopPrincess_Lyra View Post
    Yeah I watched my friend use the old Gold version duplicating cheat/hack (whatever you want to call it.) I was scared that it would ruin my game and told him I'd never do it. Until I was curious one day and wanted all those Master Balls. XD

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Dane12 View Post
    Note that the mew glitch won't corrupt anything, and missingno just corrupts your hall of fame, but all in all, no one cares about the hall of fame these days
    Funny you should say, and this is a little off topic, I used to get really picky with Emerald (i think it was) Hall of Fame when a sprite wasn't really facing the 'right' way as everything else... Lol

Rinni: 5386--7979--7291 ~ Friend Safari ROCK:
        Spoiler:- Safaris I'm Looking For:

I only pokesav if I want to make wifi pokes. I'm too lazy otherwise.

Thank you based Turpoo

Well, considering now that Pokemon is going 3d on handheld. We will see less hacking of the newer Pokemon. ((At least I hope so.)) Of course, all the old Pokemon will still be hack and somewhat legit. If you call all 31 IV spread legit that.
    Come visit my pokemon.

Pokemon Amie! YAAAAAY!!

I don't mind hacking as long as it doesn't effect anyone else. Especially if it's only for graphical or aesthetic reasons. If hacking means I could play through Soul Silver and keep the Rocket Uniform, I might consider doing something like that. But I wouldn't modify my Pokemon or anything, there is no fun in that. I love the feeling you get when you finish crafting a team, and you get to see your hard work come to life. I'd hate to replace that with the click of a button.

Quote Originally Posted by Diz~ View Post
    Well, considering now that Pokemon is going 3d on handheld. We will see less hacking of the newer Pokemon. ((At least I hope so.)) Of course, all the old Pokemon will still be hack and somewhat legit. If you call all 31 IV spread legit that.
    Uh, all Flawless IV spreads are legal if RNG'Ed or bred?

Sadly, hacking is going to find its way onto the 3DS. It's bound to happen. It's never going to completely disappear.

As a former Action Replay hacker, I would like to say that it's not necessarily hurting much at all except your game and your DS. I was one of the ones who only ever hacked AFTER I beat the main game, and I did it because it was fun. It renewed the game, and the fact that Pokemon wasn't that hard either way made it so that I pretty much don't care about hacking it.
    Within my lifetime, I've done a lot of walking. I started my journey walking on a little path called Route 1. Little did I know that walking down that route would lead me onwards to a road that went by the name of Victory. Just west of Victory Road, I walked up an entire mountain where atop stood a silent trainer who was one of the mightiest I had ever faced. I've walked, through sandstorms, across the hard desert of Hoenn. I've walked through pelting hail, across the snow covered terrains of Sinnoh. And now as I look back on all my travels I find myself walking across the Skyarrow Bridge of Unova. It took a lot of walking through tall grass patches to get where I am today...But it was worth the walk.

To answer your questions i'd say 50/50 pokemon are hacked "in some way or another" doesn't matter if it is slight, Still.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer SonicLife View Post
    You obviously didn't read the rules. We don't talk about hacking on this site. -_- Now delete this Thread or a Mod will close it.

And to answer your obvious question, People use to do that years ago. Nintendo is trying to fix the issue so the chances of unfair matches are a 3/70.
    1.Rules were unintentionally made to be broken. Specially stupid rules. Also the thread is fine.

2.You're acting mod.

i Dont like hacking becase nintendo and game freak dont actually make Action Replays and Game Sharks. It is an un lisensed prephereal and is NOT GOOD.

If your a hacker you cant be my freind even though i have a lot fof friends NONE OF THEM HACK. Becasue if they did they would nolonger be my freind.
    ~~POKEMON FOREVER~~

99% of teens like 1 directon... put this in ur sig if you dont (started by blazeing man)
    Click this banner please t read my GREAT COMIC Ash and Jared's Adventures

Name: Flamer
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

Name: Ruffruff
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

When I tried to play competitive, I spent a good month breeding for perfect IVs in at least 3 stats (the ones I was looking for)
    -I did not like, though, when the BW judge called its spread "decent" though

But, this conversation about using PokeGen, I'm kinda convinced on using it, but only for these reasons:
    -Getting Pokemon like Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, Shaymin, Arceus, and Manaphy (since I couldn't obtain them previously)
    -Boosting the IV spread higher (like 31s in the favorable stats, 20s or so in the others)

I would still EV train and breed for Natures and such (since I really enjoy doing that) but I'd only use to complete the Pokedex/boost my WiFi competitive team.

Does that make me a bad person?
    Also, is there any downsides that anyone has encountered when "hacking" Legendaries to games for Pokedex purposes?
    - National Pokedex Completion Date- 3/12/13 (Thanks EpiK SauCe!)

FC: 5129-0492-5213

LOOKING FOR: Modest, 4/5 IV from Alpha Sapphire
    PM me for offers!! PLEASE!!

Quote Originally Posted by AmbipomMaster View Post
    Also, is there any downsides that anyone has encountered when "hacking" Legendaries to games for Pokedex purposes?
    No, I don't believe there is. If you don't have a way of getting said Legendary without Wi-Fi or a friend, then that may be your only choice. I've been faced with a problem like that, but it was getting a Machamp and I didn't know anyone who had a DS at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by AmbipomMaster View Post
    When I tried to play competitive, I spent a good month breeding for perfect IVs in at least 3 stats (the ones I was looking for)
    -I did not like, though, when the BW judge called its spread "decent" though

But, this conversation about using PokeGen, I'm kinda convinced on using it, but only for these reasons:
    -Getting Pokemon like Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, Shaymin, Arceus, and Manaphy (since I couldn't obtain them previously)
    -Boosting the IV spread higher (like 31s in the favorable stats, 20s or so in the others)

I would still EV train and breed for Natures and such (since I really enjoy doing that) but I'd only use to complete the Pokedex/boost my WiFi competitive team.

Does that make me a bad person?
    You can get 31 IVs in ever stat by regular every day means, you know that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazeing Man View Post
    i Dont like hacking becase nintendo and game freak dont actually make Action Replays and Game Sharks. It is an un lisensed prephereal and is NOT GOOD.

If your a hacker you cant be my freind even though i have a lot fof friends NONE OF THEM HACK. Becasue if they did they would nolonger be my freind.
    this is a bit extreme don't you think?

There is nothing wrong with hacking if it in your own respective game. But bringing a hack Pokemon into an online tournament will be a real kick in the nut. Which I bet the majority of them are using hack pokemon.
    Come visit my pokemon.

Pokemon Amie! YAAAAAY!!

Quote Originally Posted by Blazeing Man View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Zenotwapal View Post
    this is a bit extreme don't you think?
    It is extreme. First of all, how to you know none of your friends hack? Maybe they're hiding it to avoid a childish fight.

I personally don't have anything against it, I've hacked in the past to fill in my Pokedex. These days, if I use my AR, it's simply to speed up the game. If I battled competitively, I wouldn't enter with hacked pokemon, nor would I like facing hacked pokemon.
    3DS Friend Code: 3351-4057-4675 (Vicki)
    2DS Friend Code: 0361-7983-6340 (Breanna)
    Nintendo Network ID Wii U: IrisMist

Friend Safari X (3DS): Vicki ~ Rock with Onix, Boldore & Shuckle
    Friend Safari Y (2DS): Breanna ~ Ice with Delibird, Bergmite & Lapras

Currently playing: Mario Kart 8

isn't this against the rules talking about hacking, oh well and im extremely against hacking...i don't find joy in this at all i use to do it when i was a kid and now i hate it with all passion >.<
    Last edited by FairyWitch; 4th March 2013 at 8:45 PM. Reason: didn't want to sound like mini modding

As several have already said, I don't mind if people hack at all, it's their game, just don't pollute everyone else's game with their hacked Pokemon through GTS etc.

As for the thread's original enquiry, I consider just random wi-fi battling to be busted anyway, so you're gonna see hacked Pokemon from someone no doubt.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast