Thread: game won't save, 'new game'

Default game won't save, 'new game'

I bought Pokemon Gold from a yardsale awhile back and I just played it yesterday and it said, 'New game'. I didn't think anything of it and continue to play for 7 hours. This morning I turned on my gameboy to see 'New game'. No saved game. I know for a fact I saved multiple times while playing. Is there anyway to fix this? I read somewhere that the internal battery died but i'm really not sure what to do. If there is a way to fix it could you please tell me the steps to fix it? Or if Nintendo could fix it but its an old game..would they do that?

3DS FC: 4699-5691-3223

MESSAGE ME ON SKYPE TO GET A HOLD OF ME QUICKEST
    Black 2 FC: Pid 1636 3572 7947

This thing happened to me. Went to the local GameStop, bought a 'good condition' used Gold, and it turns out the previous owner got peanut butter on the inside of the game, and it won't save.

I think, im not sure but i think that back in the day when Gold was originally released there was a faulty line of these games that were produced. I know where you are coming from, I bought the game myself and had the exact same thing happen to me except I had been playing for at least 10 hours straight! Amazing the batteries didnt die but yeah i had just taken down the first Gym leader, saved it, came back the next day and saw the infamous "new game" and immediately was confused as to why it had occurred. That said, there are actually believe it or not some Pokemon Gold games out there that do not have this problem, i finally managed to get one back a while and I finished it completely. Hope that helped.