Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your stance on Goals?

Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    Again, I want it actually stated what it takes to be a Water Pokemon Master, not left up to assumptions. Stated. Otherwise it's vague and is just assumptions and speculation.
    Way i see it this is arguing for sake of arguing dismissing every evidence provided in here. Something which is clear as day and self explanatory doesn't need to be literally stated. That's same like arguing how "Ash isn't human, because it hasn't been stated that he is human".

Factually during Whirl islands and Whirl cup term water pokemon master was brought up several times, in Japanese version of episodes where this was brought up term sea heroes, Alpha omega were referred as convoluted forms of water pokemon masters who had power to understand hearts of water types, communicated with them and had expertize. Something we had chance hear from prof. Elm in "Around the Whirlpool", and sea priestess Maya in "Dueling Heroes".

From bulbapedia:"It was is implied that those who bear the title are "Water Pokémon Beginning to End," a convoluted form of a Water Pokémon Master".

We don't know what else it takes to do to become water master, but what is known how Whirl cup tournament was directly linked with whole term and aim Misty strives for showing there exists certain tasks you need to accomplish to become master in water field.

Contemporary going through Misty dialogue whenever she mentioned water master thing she also mentioned desire to become strongest water trainer in world revealing how strong she needs to become to be considered as master. So far currently strongest trainers which specialize in one type are E4 members drawing parallels with her idol she admires Lorelei.

They should just have a sort of test for these "type master" goals.

yay sinnoh champ

I'm okay with Ash, Iris, May and Dawn goals, but anyone else I don't know

Okay, in reply to people discarding Iris' development.

- Started off as a trainer with the task of raising a baby Axew.
    - Succesfully mastered a move for her Axew.
    - Succesfully mastered several other moves to varying degrees.
    - Guided another Dragon-trainer (Amy) with her development and fighting skills with a Druddigon.
    - Managed to calm and bond with a shy Deino, a rude and wily pokemon by nature.
    - Managed to 'mentally' bond with a Dragonite and eventually had it join her team.
    - Managed to overcome the disconnection between her and Dragonite, all be it with a little help.
    - Managed to calm a fully evolved rampaging 'brutal' dragon.
    - Managed to defeat one of the signature dragon of a Dragon-type gymleader/master, albeit not with her own Dragons, it shows that she knows the capabilities of them.
    - Has been offered a future position of Dragon-type Gym Leader.

Add in that she will likely overcome her type antagonistic rival, it will show that she has developed. Bolded the big change. Sure, she isn't finishing her goal in this series, but it doesn't take a genius to see that she has been moved towards her goal. As for Cilan.. -.-
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Spin Attaxx View Post
    So you want Ash to remain his bland, boring self from now until the end of time?
    Well, the longer they keep him around, the blander he'll become. Mainly because he's not really making and real notable progress, and any that he might make is written off only to be repeated the very next season. There's no real building off of past progress anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Aker View Post
    Well, the longer they keep him around, the blander he'll become. Mainly because he's not really making and real notable progress, and any that he might make is written off only to be repeated the very next season. There's no real building off of past progress anymore.
    The only real development he has is having a hell lot of multi-national badges.

I wonder. Will they let him take on the leagues using the same badges, or do they have expiration dates?

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    The only real development he has is having a hell lot of multi-national badges.

I wonder. Will they let him take on the leagues using the same badges, or do they have expiration dates?
    I'm betting the badges are only good for one challenge.

Tangible goals are better, but I'd like to see something else for the female lead next time.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Tangible goals are better, but I'd like to see something else for the female lead next time.
    Become the Champion for the next region.

I'd like to see that.

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Aker View Post
    Yeah but even though that is true in some regard there are still things that make him stand out like his pokemon compared to everyone else's or how different the battles are in each region. If he was that bad, then they could have replaced him. But if not, then they would have been having another boy doing the same thing that the game's foundation is on, which is gym battles. If you don't like them then maybe the game or the anime isn't for your liking.

My ideal battle ever!

The Contests were incredibly popular when they were first introduced in the anime although people obviously got tired of them over time after 8 years. They really didn't have a choice with Dawn, although it makes me wonder if the Pokeathlon existed at DP's start...if she would have been some sort of sports athlete instead.

Its better to have a tangible quest, Misty/Brock's goals were rarely focused on and Iris and Cilan's are only handled slightly better.

The Contests were incredibly popular when they were first introduced in the anime although people obviously got tired of them over time after 8 years. They really didn't have a choice with Dawn, although it makes me wonder if the Pokeathlon existed at DP's start...if she would have been some sort of sports athlete instead.

Its better to have a tangible quest, Misty/Brock's goals were rarely focused on and Iris and Cilan's are only handled slightly better.
    Tangible quests don't always work though unless there is a way for them to reach them on screen. Iris doesn't have a competition of her own so she joints with Ash's messing them up and Cilan is one minute over the line and yet being forgotten the next. They could used their own mini something so that it seems like they are getting somewhere. The Whirl cup was good, only if Ash wasn't in it would have been better for Misty and Brock didn't get anything, so I rather have something with a competition seperate from Ash's. I don't mind goals at all but something working for is always better.

My ideal battle ever!

I agree that if we had the Pokeathlon in DP from the start they could have turned Dawn into that instead of a second Coordinator. While I enjoyed Dawn's contest quest I always felt her being a second Coordinator right after May crippled her and it did. Dawn never escaped May's shadow no matter which direction she went. I always wanted her to quit Contest by the end of DP to try something new after her GF and create her own legacy of some kind. Think of the development between her and her mom that would have created. That and I think it's a shame that such a fun and interesting concept such as a Pokeathlon was treated so poorly in the anime. I actually hope they bring it back for gen 6 so someone can do it justice.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

I don't think Pokéathlon would have made Dawn a fitness girl. It's just like how they did nothing with Musicals when BW came out. They just took an existing character to showcase PokéStar Studios.

Now, if they want to put contests in XY so they can use Pokémon Contests stats for both XY and the possible RSE sequels then they'll put them in the anime.

Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    I don't think Pokéathlon would have made Dawn a fitness girl. It's just like how they did nothing with Musicals when BW came out. They just took an existing character to showcase PokéStar Studios.

Now, if they want to put contests in XY so they can use Pokémon Contests stats for both XY and the possible RSE sequels then they'll put them in the anime.
    Who said Dawn had to be a fitness girl to be in Pokeathlon? She could have done it and remained her girly self, since the Pokemon are the ones working she'd just be the coach. Changing a characters personality to fit a goal would have been uneeded and only prove who stereotypical the anime really is.

If I hear one more thing about a RSE remake and or sequel I will scream at my computer screen. Not trying to jump on you, I'm just sick to death of RSE remake/sequel crap.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    If I hear one more thing about a RSE remake and or sequel I will scream at my computer screen. Not trying to jump on you, I'm just sick to death of RSE remake/sequel crap.
    This. If it was gonna happen it would have happened by now, though to be fair, GBA => FRLG, DS => HGSS, 3DS...a remake seems to come with each console iteration, however, I more so think its just pre gen3 is incompatible with newer generations, thus the remakes. RSE were awful games, particularly when you look at GSC, which was probably the best generation, RSE seemed like a stepback. I would like to see Kanto in 3D, I can see this happening more than a RSE remake, seeing as it'll be the 20th anniversary of pokémon red and green in 2015.

Gen III was the worst Generation EVER. Hoenn was Horrid. We don't need to go back.

Quote Originally Posted by staryu_starmie View Post
    This. If it was gonna happen it would have happened by now, though to be fair, GBA => FRLG, DS => HGSS, 3DS...a remake seems to come with each console iteration, however, I more so think its just pre gen3 is incompatible with newer generations, thus the remakes. RSE were awful games, particularly when you look at GSC, which was probably the best generation, RSE seemed like a stepback. I would like to see Kanto in 3D, I can see this happening more than a RSE remake, seeing as it'll be the 20th anniversary of pokémon red and green in 2015.
    RSE will be remade eventually, probably in the middle of next gen. If you actually think Gamefreak/Nintendo will allow an entire region and their pokemon to fade from the spotlight, you don't know how business works.

It probably didn't happen now because the 5th gen came out at the tail-end of the DS, and they wanted to start the 3DS off with a new generation.

Gen 6 probably will go on for 4 years, so they're going to have to fill that gap with a remake of an older game and everyone knows they would do Hoenn next time.

inb4maygetsreplacedinremakes.

Did I remember to say all sidekicks should reach their goals if it has a properly defined method to reaching it using an objective method like winning a ----

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    inb4maygetsreplacedinremakes
    They probably will axe both of them to be honest. Especially if they do a sequel game like how BW2 is. If that's the case Brendan/May might have recurring roles or be Champions like that.

Stance on goals 2.0: If you don't work on it, you better be kicked off the show. Meaning:
    - Cilan has to get kicked to the curb at this point.

RSE will be remade eventually, probably in the middle of next gen. If you actually think Gamefreak/Nintendo will allow an entire region and their pokemon to fade from the spotlight, you don't know how business works.

It probably didn't happen now because the 5th gen came out at the tail-end of the DS, and they wanted to start the 3DS off with a new generation.

Gen 6 probably will go on for 4 years, so they're going to have to fill that gap with a remake of an older game and everyone knows they would do Hoenn next time.
    The thing is.. The original games, and their remakes, can't be played on the 3DS. So if the franchise has definitively said their goodbye to the DS, then you'd think that they'd remake Hoenn before Kanto?

If this series is teaching you ANYTHING, it is that KANTO SELLS.. Not Hoenn, but KANTO.. If I didn't know any better, and look at the previous series, then at this point I'd assume a new Kanto remake, just because of the amount of Kanto promotion going on. AG this time: Kanto promotion --> Fr/Lg. DP around this time: Johto promotion --> Hg/Ss. BW now: Kanto promotion --> ???

Just fill in the blanks.. Not saying that we're getting a Kanto-remake before XY, but that Hoenn remakes are still very, very far off..

They probably will axe both of them to be honest. Especially if they do a sequel game like how BW2 is. If that's the case Brendan/May might have recurring roles or be Champions like that.
    A sequel??? That's laughable.. They'll get REMAKES, if that... Never in my life would I expect 'sequels' to RSE.. Both Archie and Maxie agreed that what they did was wrong. It wasn't as if there were any other important characters with opinions in those games that could turn out antagonistic, and wouldn't result in the same darn plot. Additional content, probably (Sevii Islands/Added Suicune plot from Crystal), but not fullblown sequels to a decade old game.. -.-
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    If this series is teaching you ANYTHING, it is that KANTO SELLS.. Not Hoenn, but KANTO.. If I didn't know any better, and look at the previous series, then at this point I'd assume a new Kanto remake, just because of the amount of Kanto promotion going on. AG this time: Kanto promotion --> Fr/Lg. DP around this time: Johto promotion --> Hg/Ss. BW now: Kanto promotion --> ???

Just fill in the blanks.. Not saying that we're getting a Kanto-remake before XY, but that Hoenn remakes are still very, very far off..
    How many times can they include Kanto in a generation? Its literally been in the first four generations over and over, the 5th gen is the only one it wasn't rehashed in.

A sequel??? That's laughable.. They'll get REMAKES, if that... Never in my life would I expect 'sequels' to RSE.. Both Archie and Maxie agreed that what they did was wrong. It wasn't as if there were any other important characters with opinions in those games that could turn out antagonistic, and wouldn't result in the same darn plot. Additional content, probably (Sevii Islands/Added Suicune plot from Crystal), but not fullblown sequels to a decade old game.. -.-
    Well I don't really care either way, it was a suggestion. I fully expect the remakes to continue now for the end of time....by Gen 7 I'd expect DP remakes too.

i wouldnt mind seeing kanto in 3D

Well I don't really care either way, it was a suggestion. I fully expect the remakes to continue now for the end of time....by Gen 7 I'd expect DP remakes too.
    That would be the best thing ever. Gen IV was my favorite Gen and i can't wait until this will happen.

Even if RSE sequels did happen may or brendan wont show up ingame.

I think we need more tracys with easy to reach goals.

goals are always a good thing to have especially when you actually follow them. id say something else but i dont want to sound like im character bashing.
    If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says,
    If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father at the gates of Heaven.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
    for those of you who are interested here is my link to my youtube account: http://www.youtube.com/user/pokedigijedi

Trade shop: pokedigijedi's bounty board
    3DS FRIEND CODE: 4382-2152-1254 friend safari type: poison pokemon ariados, kakuna, and muk. please don't take too long too add me it drives me crazy and I will delete your friend code

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast