Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: If you were to have any superpower what would it be and why.

I would have teleportation it would make a lot of things quite easier on me, and eliminate the need to learn to drive. Compulsion also wouldn't hurt so that I can finally land a damn job!

Quote Originally Posted by RogueLapras View Post
    I can see good things and bad from immortality. Yes you would have to see the people you love now eventually die, but you would also get to see new family members born. Your family would never die off completely (unless something unexpected happened).
    I don't agree with this.
    First of all one person's blood dilutes out of the DNA and is gone by the 3rd or 4th generation. So eventually you would no longer be blood related to your descendants. And Would you really want to see your children and grandchildren become older than you?
    Having to learn to love new people and then saying goodbye every several years would actually be quite painful. It will start to feel pointless to even get close to anyone knowing they'll eventually go on without you, age, die. I am sure anyone with one of those military or traveling business family childhoods where they were moved around the globe all the time experience almost exactly this. Once they form what should be a lifelong bond with their new friends it's time to move again.

Dying is part of the natural order. No one was meant to live forever. Death is why we live, it's what gives us that push.

"Life has meaning specifically because there is an end, death is what forces people to live"
    - Angel of Death, Charmed.
    Last edited by PhoenixFever; 25th March 2013 at 2:41 AM.
    I'm looking for a reason, roaming through the night to find my place in this world.
    [IMG]http://i44.*******.com/29lljsz.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i39.*******.com/rteqmg.jpg[/IMG]
    Http://mooneyedwolf.deviantart.com
    http://thewolfsmoon.livejournal.com

The ability to snap people into the reality instead of being brainwashed by our govt. That's pretty much it and why.
    My Soundcloud

My ReverbNation

Music & Musicians Alliance Club

I'd love Telekinesis or pyrokinesis. Or both. Both would make me happy. D8 *shot*
    MMing: Espurr, 90 eggs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    Good. You can never understand the mindset of a woman.

I'd take any I could get, especially shapeshifting, telekinesis, and pyrokinesis
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

I'd love the ability to control time, so I could go back and fix my mistakes, and pause time sometimes when I need a little peace and quiet.

I'd also love teleportation, a much better form of transportation than driving. xD

Okay, I've been reading oodles of comics recently and I have grown very fond of the symbiotes...bar the madness...
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Well If I could have any superpower I would want to stop time and take control because when I'm in school I can just zap myself to the future. When I forgot to do homework I stop time ;]

I would love that!

Control molecules >.>
    That would be awesome.
    I could reconstruct, deconstruct, make air walls.....etc.
    [img]http://i41.*******.com/2m2fivq.png[/img]
    Lovely Art by Equal-to-Heaven
    Join the Pokemon Anime Style Battling League!
    |PASBL|FB|Manga|A little something to watch|Art|
    [img]http://i42.*******.com/2lw4umr.gif[/img]

i would like to fly, teleport, shapeshift, and have x-ray vision. i could go anywhere, be anything, and see anything. thats about it.
    Thanks to FairyWitch for the profile pic!

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

National Dex Completed 2/13/2014, at 12:12 A.M., with 212:16 Game Time, and thanks to my friends who traded me over 200 times that week

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Guy View Post
    I'd love the ability to control time, so I could go back and fix my mistakes, and pause time sometimes when I need a little peace and quiet.

I'd also love teleportation, a much better form of transportation than driving. xD
    Again if you control the boundary of time you can disrupt the time flow of the universe causing unnatural disasters which can tear the time space continuum, which is still very dangerous.

Created by Inferno Productions

Terrakinesis or Chronokinesis and definitely Invulnerability.
        Spoiler:- Favourite Pokemon:

I feel like this thread needs this article before people start picking superpowers.
    Formerly known as Jigglychu.

^^ Indeed. Suck on that, those of you who want to control lightning or stop time.

Anyway, the superpower I'd want without a doubt would be telekinesis. It's always been my favourite superpower, and one that I think would be awesome to have. Especially given I'm small and emotionally stable, I think it would be both safe and practical. It would make moving furniture around a lot easier, and if I could also use it on myself, I could use it to fly as well--though probably not that efficiently, but who cares. Since telekinesis is based on controlling the aura, that power could also be extended to create little invisible energy pulses, which would be good for self-defense. In more advanced stages, those same pulses could even be used to make a little hole in the clouds, in case some patch of ground needs a little bit of sunshine. Granted, it would be hard to control that aspect of it (especially where the sunshine patch would end up), but still...

I would also like the ability to see other people's auras. It would almost have the same effect as mind-reading, but without the possibility of accidentally discovering dirty thoughts that contain too much information, or giving the person a feeling of penetration into their mind. Aura reading would provide me a way to tell how someone's feeling, what their personality is like, if they're lying or telling the truth about something, if they're trying to hide a secret, and also if and where they are feeling pain. Come to think of it, I've actually heard of people who can do this in real life, and even that it's a skill that can be mastered (but it must take a lot of practice).

Remote viewing would also be a cool power to have. It would be useful for, say, detecting hidden enemies or obstacles, determining what the weather will be like in a faraway location, seeing what my boyfriend is really doing on that "vacation" he said he's taking, seeing distant stars as they are now rather than as they were millions of years ago, etc. I would of course use a crystal ball or a mirror or something to perform this viewing.

I have claimed Celestia Ludenberg from Dangan Ronpa. --My Updated RPer profile--

RPG's I'm in now: Gauntlet of the Greek God Guardians (Zuri), Castle of the Vampire King (Bianca and Lilith)
    Current RPG Project: Earthbound: The Rainbow Omen (Sign-ups) (RPG thread) (Discussion)

Quote Originally Posted by Hejiru View Post
    I feel like this thread needs this article before people start picking superpowers.
    Most of us just assume fantasy/video game physics apply. None of these powers would be possible in real life anyway.

I would want the ability to control every subatomic particle in my body individually.

I've always thought this would be an awesome ability, just imagine the possibilities. I could turn myself into basically an invisible dust cloud and reform individual body parts for combat and such things. I could pass through the tiniest of cracks and crevices, only an air-lock could contain me.

Each atom, maybe molecule, would be cloaked in an impermeable telekinetic force-field to protect them, which also allows me to manipulate them.

Yeah there are some obvious flaws in this ability, but all supernatural powers have their flaws.

Edit: I assume that most of us understand that most of these are pure fantasy, Yes obviously physics prevents 99.9% of these from being possible, but let's just have fun with it.
    Last edited by Dreamy; 28th March 2013 at 3:45 PM.

Those are very accurate theories on how having certain superpowers can cause problems.

Created by Inferno Productions

mine would be to make some asshole across the bar's beer warm

i'd be the ultimate supervillain
    I wrote the RBY and GSC pages on serebii.net

https://twitter.com/cifalacus

I disagree with some of their reasoning though. Take for example why they said force fields would suck. The whole spiel is under the premise that the force field would be wrapped around the user like a bubble. Which, in that case they would be right. Yet, the very picture they used showed what's her face creating force field that didn't envelop her entire body, so it would still remain extremely useful, and it definitley wouldn't suck.

I'd choose the power of shape shifting. Not just into people, but animals too. Think about how much you could screw with people. Turn into a lion in a dark alley and jump out and scare the crap out of someone, then change back. Shapeshift into Barack Obama and walk into a gas station and be all "Hey, what's up? Can I apply here?" Oh man. I'd never get bored.
    Last edited by Crudelis ventus; 29th March 2013 at 11:06 AM.

I would love the superpowers of flight. I have always wished that I could fly without aeroplanes, etc.

I have officially claimed Mew (Pokemon), Poo (EarthBound) and EarthBound itself.

Mastery over earth. I'm thinking along the lines of an Alchemist/Earth Bender, with the ability to raise the ground around me, shaping it to my will. It's simple, but the possibilities are endless.

Currently, I'm picturing a customer at my work being a real douche, and when they get in their car to drive off, I raise a tiny little spike in the road, just enough to puncture their tires, trapping them in the parking lot and making their day that much worse.

I know, I think big.
        Spoiler:- My Blog and Friend Codes:
    My Shinies:

That article seriously fails to do its job. Read it, would still want to control time (including stopping it). All I have to do is not be an idiot. That, and being able to reverse time pretty much makes all those points null anyway; I can just fix my shit if I screw up. And in general, that article makes too many assumptions regarding the powers and the people who use them. Not everyone's a moron.
    TumblrdeviantArt

"I am not a bad man
    Even though I do bad things
    Very bad things
    Such horrible things"

Current rps
    | Boktai |

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenHouou View Post
    That article seriously fails to do its job. Read it, would still want to control time (including stopping it). All I have to do is not be an idiot. That, and being able to reverse time pretty much makes all those points null anyway; I can just fix my shit if I screw up. And in general, that article makes too many assumptions regarding the powers and the people who use them. Not everyone's a moron.
    So do I. xD

I also want to control ELECTRICITY. Which is different from Lightning. :P lol.

My superpower would be for everyone to live like SPPF Misc.

I would like to have the power of cloning. So if my regular self doesn't want to go to school, I'll just send a clone.

Nobody would know!
    *Insert Some Cool Image Here*

I would have the power of manipulating energy. It seems really fun to test out different elements!

DeviantART Account|Youtube Account|Tumblr Account
    [*IMG]http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x321/BrutakaBlaziken/Quilava42GIF_zps60c971ae.gif[/IMG*]

Please check the signature rules. Image size in total cannot exceed 500 kB.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast