Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How should i get started?

When the annual tournaments are done. Sometime in September.

Blast/Keldeo will still be very useful next rotation. So no worries.

Or you can start planning a Plasma Deck. As in May a new Plasma Freeze is being released. With a lot of great cards with plasma.

I just got my very first set of pokemon cards (and Pikachu is in it!.)

How do I play the game? I mean how do I get started?

Its Pokemon B&W Next Destinies
    28th June is the international CAPS lock day!
    We have just opened our new, fast, GFX friendly forum. Please come and join in the fun at the PokeVillage.
    First 50 get a special gift.
    *Moderator Vacancies*

^ Night Fighter

keldeo vs mewtwo.
    The Pokemon tcg info thread//for NEW PLAYER'S!!!
    I claimed magnemite, mawaru penguindrum, and more(eventually).

Ended up going out to my not so local store and they had a very limited selection. Their orders have been held up due to poor weather or something. I managed to get a mate to start up with me and if you guys are interested this is what we pulled.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FHio...ature=youtu.be

You guys pulled some legit stuff. Nice work.

Quote Originally Posted by RNG_Reporter View Post
    You guys pulled some legit stuff. Nice work.
    I liked how he pulled a squritle and got all happy, then pulled a skyla full art and was all "meh."
    When in the course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness.

Thanks ended up picking up a few more packs today. Think we're hooked already!

Quote Originally Posted by teh_original_pikachu View Post
    I liked how he pulled a squritle and got all happy, then pulled a skyla full art and was all "meh."
    That's were it shows just how much we have to learn haha... In fairness he put the skyla straight into his deck.... Squirtle sadly did not make the cut! Funny part was he didn't know Skyla was even a rare until a few hours after he opened it, just thought it was a cool card.

I just went down to this shop and they sold tins of the B&W ND cards for 6 bucks. I freaked when I saw Pikachu and Raichu in a B&W ND (what gen is B&W ND?) card set seem like they are bit to much of an older GEN to be in my set, but I am happy they are. And I just like to look at the cool pics on them anyway.

And I got this thick plastic card - sorta like a credit card with this number embossed on it, whats that card? It's a Joltioun (?) by the way.
    28th June is the international CAPS lock day!
    We have just opened our new, fast, GFX friendly forum. Please come and join in the fun at the PokeVillage.
    First 50 get a special gift.
    *Moderator Vacancies*

^ Night Fighter

Want to start out without blowing a load of cash? Check this out.
    Last edited by OldManJenkins; 31st March 2013 at 8:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OldManJenkins View Post
    Want to start out without blowing a load of cash? Check this out.
    Actually no one do that. cause none of that is in format. Qwaa

Created by PPL Qwaa

Quote Originally Posted by Swagsire View Post
    Actually no one do that. cause none of that is in format. Qwaa
    Is there a format for selling pokemon cards? Or are my cards no good or something? From what I see on other listings my prices are good and I listed set numbers and whatnot.
    Last edited by OldManJenkins; 1st April 2013 at 12:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by OldManJenkins View Post
    Is there a format for selling pokemon cards? Or are my cards no good or something? From what I see on other listings my prices are good and I listed set numbers and whatnot.
    *facepalm*

only new cards (from about spring 2011 onwards) are allowed. Stop spamming your ebay link, it is against the rules, and I've already reported you.
    When in the course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness.

Thats a really stupid rule. (The 2011 thing not the advertising thing.) Well, maybe the dude wanted cards for something other than just tournaments? He never specified. Also, thanks for the report bro, I really give a ****.

When the annual tournaments are done. Sometime in September.
    I know this is old, but it makes me laugh my *** off, that's when we have fall BRs. Tournaments are never done for pokemon.

oldmanjenkins@ I see you're hurt and the person above you seems justified in they're actions, however I'd just like to actually answer you're question. If you have older cards, some of those cards can still be used, please check these sets if you would like to know more

Plasma Storm
    Boundaries Crossed
    Dragon Vault
    Dragons Exalted
    Dark Explorers
    Next Destinies
    Noble Victories
    Emerging Powers
    Black & White

Cards are reprinted in the tcg alot, it happens, you can use you're older card, unless it says ace spec or there is some kind of grammatical change in what the card says and does, you can still use that card, I used reverse holo energy search from hoenn, they don't care (and believe me they're very strict with the rulings where I'm from).
    The Pokemon tcg info thread//for NEW PLAYER'S!!!
    I claimed magnemite, mawaru penguindrum, and more(eventually).

Yes. Expect a rotation in September...

Good day.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12