Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Everyone Has perfect IV Pokemon?

Thanks for all the replies everyone. I guess it confirms my suspicions. It seems that some people deem Pokegen/PokeSav are acceptable to some, while outright hacking to others (Which I happen to agree with).

With so many players using these programs to make perfect pokemon with little/no effort hasn't that played a massive problem in the pokemon competitive community???

It seems like there is no way for players to determine whether something is legitimate or not using these programs if players use it intelligently.

Quote Originally Posted by PokeTrainer Nova View Post
    Thanks for all the replies everyone. I guess it confirms my suspicions. It seems that some people deem Pokegen/PokeSav are acceptable to some, while outright hacking to others (Which I happen to agree with).
    PokeGen and PokeSav are hacking. If it is "acceptable" or not is completely up to one's own opinion.

With so many players using these programs to make perfect pokemon with little/no effort hasn't that played a massive problem in the pokemon competitive community???
    No because most of the most serious competitive players pretty much play on battle simulators. You can do several matches in the same amount of time it takes to do 1 6v6 match within the games.

It seems like there is no way for players to determine whether something is legitimate or not using these programs if players use it intelligently.
    Okay, so? Ultimately, a hacked Pokemon doesn't have an inherent advantage over an identical Pokemon that was produced legitmately within the games. I'm not saying someone who hacks isn't being a jerk, especially if they don't disclose it. But it doesn't give a trainer an advantage in a battle. Strategy, team building, the luck factor, etc... will all be infinitely more important in a Pokemon battle and who wins or loses rather than if someone hacked up a Pokemon.
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

Yep I do :]

"It's not god the people fear; people's fear is God."

I guess most battlers on Serebii have either perfect IVed Pokemon or Pokemon with very good IVs.

Visit my Youtube Channel

Pokemon Y: Name: Yoda FC: 0001-3341-1988

Quote Originally Posted by DarthVader
    You may dispense with the pleasantries Commander; I am here to put you back on schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by Agonist View Post
    RNG abuse is not hacking. People get pissy about it because either they can't do it, or they feel as though their precious shiny Pokemon they spent days trying to get are reduced in value.
    Yeah i don't get that. The value of my shiny pokemon is decide by me alone not everyone else so why do people go on about decreasing the value of shinies that aren't thier own?
    I did RNG some shinies on my diamond version before i learnt how to use the pokeradar. I don't count them in my shiny collection but i do still value them. It is just like with the shiny charm why is there such a big fuss over using it or not? The whole point of shiny hunting is to find and capture a shiny isn't it? Then what is the problem?

Oh and i have in total 55 shiny Shinx from a few different chaining attempts on my gen IV games and no it hasn't decreased shiny shinx value for everyone else they are my shiny Shinx and i value them how i like.
    Shinies are good.

I have to say I love everything about this thread. I personally prefer the love of breeding myself and I have heard the same things you have my friend. It's nice to see some information about all this, although I will always remain loyal to the good pastime of breeding. It may not be as quick as some other methods but there's a certain sense of accomplishment when you finally get that pokemon raised up by your hands alone. Keep up the good work and way to represent all of the Breeders of the pokemon world.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrufox86 View Post
    Yeah i don't get that. The value of my shiny pokemon is decide by me alone not everyone else so why do people go on about decreasing the value of shinies that aren't thier own?
    I did RNG some shinies on my diamond version before i learnt how to use the pokeradar. I don't count them in my shiny collection but i do still value them. It is just like with the shiny charm why is there such a big fuss over using it or not? The whole point of shiny hunting is to find and capture a shiny isn't it? Then what is the problem?

Oh and i have in total 55 shiny Shinx from a few different chaining attempts on my gen IV games and no it hasn't decreased shiny shinx value for everyone else they are my shiny Shinx and i value them how i like.
    It goes down to human nature. Some shiny hunters hold grudges because they don't obtain shinies at the rate say I would when I RNG. They become jealous in a sense, and try to justify their actions, and put down others. Anyone who holds this true, really is being quite juvenile.

People have flawless pokemon because they want to compete. Nothing more, nothing less.

I have one, a RNGed Ditto. I got it in a trade and have been using it for breeding ever since. For battling purposes I'm usually satisfied with two or three flawless stats.
    Do you like watching Pokemon battles in the anime? Do you wish to battle in similar way? Then check out the Pokemon Anime Style Battling League and join the fun.

My PASBL Stats

I don't really consider PokeGen or Pokesav hacking unless a person teaches their pokemon ridiculous moves like having a Magikarp use Thunderbolt, gives them too many EV's, IV's, or any other stat/ability that they wouldn't normally have. As long as they stay within the limits, I think it's ok, and I might actually go back over to my dad's computer to PokeGen a pokemon for my in-game team.
    Within my lifetime, I've done a lot of walking. I started my journey walking on a little path called Route 1. Little did I know that walking down that route would lead me onwards to a road that went by the name of Victory. Just west of Victory Road, I walked up an entire mountain where atop stood a silent trainer who was one of the mightiest I had ever faced. I've walked, through sandstorms, across the hard desert of Hoenn. I've walked through pelting hail, across the snow covered terrains of Sinnoh. And now as I look back on all my travels I find myself walking across the Skyarrow Bridge of Unova. It took a lot of walking through tall grass patches to get where I am today...But it was worth the walk.

My only flawless pokemon are from trades and lucky catches.
    I dont really check stats again lately though.
    X FC: Cutty 2449 6004 1037

Wee... Poison slide at my gym...

Pokegyms Fairy Leader

Credit to Astral Shadow for the userbar and Kida-Ookami for the badge.

No but i try the best i can, And keep the highest numbers possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoruaruler View Post
    I don't really consider PokeGen or Pokesav hacking unless a person teaches their pokemon ridiculous moves like having a Magikarp use Thunderbolt, gives them too many EV's, IV's, or any other stat/ability that they wouldn't normally have. As long as they stay within the limits, I think it's ok, and I might actually go back over to my dad's computer to PokeGen a pokemon for my in-game team.
    However, by definition, PokeGen and Pokesav are hacking.

However, by definition, PokeGen and Pokesav are hacking.
    That is true, but not everyone considers it hacking, and not everyone uses it for the same purpose. We have people who use them to cheat against other players, and we have people who use it for fun, and in-game things. I wasn't trying to say it wasn't hacking, I was trying to say that not everyone is going to consider it hacking, because they aren't always used for hacking purposes.
    Within my lifetime, I've done a lot of walking. I started my journey walking on a little path called Route 1. Little did I know that walking down that route would lead me onwards to a road that went by the name of Victory. Just west of Victory Road, I walked up an entire mountain where atop stood a silent trainer who was one of the mightiest I had ever faced. I've walked, through sandstorms, across the hard desert of Hoenn. I've walked through pelting hail, across the snow covered terrains of Sinnoh. And now as I look back on all my travels I find myself walking across the Skyarrow Bridge of Unova. It took a lot of walking through tall grass patches to get where I am today...But it was worth the walk.

That is true, but not everyone considers it hacking, and not everyone uses it for the same purpose. We have people who use them to cheat against other players, and we have people who use it for fun, and in-game things. I wasn't trying to say it wasn't hacking, I was trying to say that not everyone is going to consider it hacking, because they aren't always used for hacking purposes.
    If it is a fact that it's hacking, it doesn't matter what people think. A fact is a fact. However I get what you mean. If someone doesn't mind if someone uses PokéGen and Pokésav, then it's fair.

Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

Hacking programs aren't always used for hacking purposes? What are they using it for, than? Do they just like using it as the centerpiece in their dining room? It's not possible to not use them for hacking purposes. I think the word you're looking for there is "cheating", and even that's a stretch.

@OP Imo, if you are using them to battle other players it is cheating. I don't care if you stay "within the boundaries of the game" it's still cheating. It gives you perfect IV's/etc. without any of the work. If you want to battle with perfect poke's and not do any work, stick to PO/PS.

Quote Originally Posted by HoboJak View Post
    Hacking programs aren't always used for hacking purposes? What are they using it for, than? Do they just like using it as the centerpiece in their dining room? It's not possible to not use them for hacking purposes. I think the word you're looking for there is "cheating", and even that's a stretch.

@OP Imo, if you are using them to battle other players it is cheating. I don't care if you stay "within the boundaries of the game" it's still cheating. It gives you perfect IV's/etc. without any of the work. If you want to battle with perfect poke's and not do any work, stick to PO/PS.
    Let me reword this. Even if they hack the game, it could be for something so small you would never even know that it had happened. I and many others don't consider this hacking. If you make perfect Pokemon, yes, that is hacking, and that is bad, but as long as you don't take it online, who really cares? It's not like it's a full multiplayer RPG, and it doesn't affect anyone. I consider hacking to be when you manipulate a game to your advantage against other real people. When you do this then yes, it is hacking, but when you do it just for yourself, then it's really only a cheat code, which isn't a true hack.

I use perfect ivs ^^
    I just rng all my pokes.

Just as a reminder RNG'ing is not hacking. lol
    [img]http://i41.*******.com/2m2fivq.png[/img]
    Lovely Art by Equal-to-Heaven
    Join the Pokemon Anime Style Battling League!
    |PASBL|FB|Manga|A little something to watch|Art|
    [img]http://i42.*******.com/2lw4umr.gif[/img]

I agree completely, RNG isn't hacking haha. And anyone who says it's so easy to do, and that it's cheap can answer to me, because after a year and a half, I STILL can't RNG(X

I agree completely, RNG isn't hacking haha. And anyone who says it's so easy to do, and that it's cheap can answer to me, because after a year and a half, I STILL can't RNG(X
    The only people who say it's hard to do are ones who don't know how to RNG. :P

Haha, I really don't know how(x I tried to learn, and I even had help for a while, but I just found it very difficult.

me perfect IVs?............HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAHAHAHAHAH AHA!!!!!..............not even close. im more of a casual gamer ive only recenlty started to ev train and even then i guarantee none of my characters have perfect stats the training may help me but not likely or at least VERY little.
    If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says,
    If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father at the gates of Heaven.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
    for those of you who are interested here is my link to my youtube account: http://www.youtube.com/user/pokedigijedi

Trade shop: pokedigijedi's bounty board
    3DS FRIEND CODE: 4382-2152-1254 friend safari type: poison pokemon ariados, kakuna, and muk. please don't take too long too add me it drives me crazy and I will delete your friend code

The only people who say it's hard to do are ones who don't know how to RNG. :P
    yeah but you got to account though agonist that the guides are really confusing compared to really what happens when we rng....it takes time to learn...some people learn better by someone teaching them what to do that is what our rng help thread is for...it helped me out alot acutally when i went to the help thread...when i read the guides i was like what? lol

I don't see the problem with perfect IV spreads. To be honest most competitive players actually go for spreads like 31/31/31/30/31/31 for Hidden Power Ice, 31/31/31/31/31/0 for Trick Room sets and such. And I have a flawless Latias and a near flawless Shiny Scraggy from trades and even then I still have other 3 IV Pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by Eeveelover824 View Post
    yeah but you got to account though agonist that the guides are really confusing compared to really what happens when we rng....it takes time to learn...some people learn better by someone teaching them what to do that is what our rng help thread is for...it helped me out alot acutally when i went to the help thread...when i read the guides i was like what? lol
    I remember when I browsed the RNG guide on Smogon for the first time. It puzzled me at first but I was able to figure out the first steps of RNGing and now I'm learning how to do the frame advancing and such. Luckily there are other sites that have similar guides but exclude the hard to know vocabulary that could throw people off.
    Last edited by Dragalge; 5th March 2013 at 6:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by your boss View Post
    I don't see the problem with perfect IV spreads. To be honest most competitive players actually go for spreads like 31/31/31/30/31/31 for Hidden Power Ice, 31/31/31/31/31/0 for Trick Room sets and such. And I have a flawless Latias and a near flawless Shiny Scraggy from trades and even then I still have other 3 IV Pokemon.
    lol Duranteater, 31/31/31/30/31/31 is HP Electric!

Anywho, it's not impossible to obtain near-flawless pokemon without RNGing, particularly breeding since half it's IVs come from the parents, so breeding two hex-flawless pokemon guarantees 3 perfect IVs, so getting another 27+ IVs in the other stats isn't impossible.
    3DS FC: 3909-8385-9595

Pokemon X Shiny Value: 51

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast