Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Which new generation video game console you will buy?

Default Which new generation video game console you will buy?

The title say it all, As the new generation of gaming approaches, which console had made you more interested to buy? Please don't argue in a aggressive way, please.
    Lucario: Master of Aura...... and Chocolate!

FC(Pokemon Y): 4313-1362-5177

Well, there's only going be two next gen consoles (PS4 and 720), neither which we know much about.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucario95 View Post
    The title say it all, As the new generation of gaming approaches, which console had made you more interested to buy? Please don't argue in a aggressive way, please.
    It isn't a tad bit early to be asking this question considering that the Wii U only just launch, We just barely know about the PS4 and absolutely nothing about the next gen Xbox.

But to answer your question the Wii U and maybe the steam box depending on any further info about it and the PS4 thought it not being backward compatible is off putting and I have no real reason to buy one at launch when I just brought a PS3 in 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Well, there's only going be two next gen consoles (PS4 and 720), neither which we know much about.
    You seem to be forgetting the Ouya, Steam Box and the Wii U.
    Last edited by blaze boy; 28th February 2013 at 2:27 AM.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

Well, It's the same thing with the Pokemon X and Y. As well, Wii U is also included in this generation. Talking about the Wii U , I don't understand why they made the Wii Mini.

The Wii U isn't a next gen console. It's Nintendo catching up to current gen.

I'll admit I forgot about Steam Box but I never heard of Ouya.

Well, It's the same thing with the Pokemon X and Y.
    No it isn't. Pokémon games don't cost you about Ł100-500 and play games.

Buying a console is an investment that requires research and information to which we have none on the PS4, next gen Xbox or the Steambox.

I don't understand why they made the Wii Mini.
    To squeeze more money out of the Wii before Nintendo kills it off, even thought I think that it isn't a bright idea to release it in Europe where the Wii U is struggling to sell.

The Wii Mini will eat into it sales as it once happened with Sega and Sony.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

A new graphics card.

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    The Wii U isn't a next gen console. It's Nintendo catching up to current gen.

I'll admit I forgot about Steam Box but I never heard of Ouya.
    The Wii U is still technically next-gen regardless of its power, since the generations are determined by time rather than power.

And you're really not missing much with the Ouya, it's all the power of a phone with the portability of a console. To elaborate: It is a console that runs a modified version of Android, and it only plays certain games, though the requirement is that some portion of all the games are free, be it a demo or what. It's based off the idea that it's inherently hackable, but the console itself is awfully weak with specs close to those of the Samsung Galaxy S3. Also, it ships for a hundred bucks, and there is a fan inside it with no actual ventilation.

I think most sensible people are going to wait until the new Xbox is revealed before even thinking about their choice (if they make one).

Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    No it isn't. Pokémon games don't cost you about Ł100-500 and play games.

Buying a console is an investment that requires research and information to which we have none on the PS4, next gen Xbox or the Steambox.

To squeeze more money out of the Wii before Nintendo kills it off, even thought I think that it isn't a bright idea to release it in Europe where the Wii U is struggling to sell.

The Wii Mini will eat into it sales as it once happened with Sega and Sony.
    Well, sorry for not specific on myself, what I'm referring is when they announced the starters, people quickly began to make opinions, inferences and comparison to other generations's starters. I really prefer to wait until their evolutions are announced. Well, they just simply hot topic. and now with the Wii Mini, it makes sense, but I don't think it might work, I'm just saying
    Last edited by Lucario95; 28th February 2013 at 3:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    It isn't a tad bit early to be asking this question considering that the Wii U only just launch, We just barely know about the PS4 and absolutely nothing about the next gen Xbox.

But to answer your question the Wii U and maybe the steam box depending on any further info about it and the PS4 thought it not being backward compatible is off putting and I have no real reason to buy one at launch when I just brought a PS3 in 2011.

You seem to be forgetting the Ouya, Steam Box and the Wii U.
    I know that it's to early and we haven't the enough information, but is starting to make a hot topic, Wii U was the introduction of the new generation, which gave pressure to Sony and Microsoft, as few days ago Sony announces the PS4, and I'm sure that Microsoft will do the same thing in a short time. They still exists the tradition of competition, since the last gen brought lot of competition. As well, I saw few pages that, some games like Destiny, GTA V, FIFA 14, Madden 14 are considering making it for the new generation. But I still doubt it.

I will get the WII U, I usually get anything Nintendo (I used to have an xbox and ps2, but it got broken and I didn't bother getting another one)
    FC: 1332-8918-6873
    Credit: AstralShadow (userbar) & Kida-Ookami (badge) & SwornMetalhead (symbol)

Depends if Destiny will come out on the Xbox 720 or not.

Quote Originally Posted by /b/ board
    What does Cheese Pizza mean?

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDaikenki View Post
    I will get the WII U, I usually get anything Nintendo (I used to have an xbox and ps2, but it got broken and I didn't bother getting another one)
    Me too, but I'm still consider it, I rather wait to see which cool games will be in stores, the one I can't wait to have is the new Super Smash Bros. I have PS3 and Xbox 360, but my xbox stopped working.

Quote Originally Posted by Klizcool View Post
    Well Destiny is made of Bungie.. The group who are known for the famous Xbox game series Halo, so... I really consider that there is high possibility that also will be in store ofr Xbox.

Quote Originally Posted by Klizcool View Post
    It's an Activision game franchise that they're planning for a 10 year run. Sony would have to pay a buttload to keep it away from the new Xbox.

Quote Originally Posted by Un0va View Post
    And you're really not missing much with the Ouya, it's all the power of a phone with the portability of a console. To elaborate: It is a console that runs a modified version of Android, and it only plays certain games, though the requirement is that some portion of all the games are free, be it a demo or what. It's based off the idea that it's inherently hackable, but the console itself is awfully weak with specs close to those of the Samsung Galaxy S3. Also, it ships for a hundred bucks, and there is a fan inside it with no actual ventilation.
    It also still needs a television to hook up to, so it matters about **** all that it's not very large. You can't use it as a portable, and it being small means there isn't much room for enough innards to give it real power. Or read off of media other than its internal hard drive or possibly USB stuff. The Ouya looks like a bad joke writ large, which people will probably only find a modicum of interest in because OH MANS IT'S HACKABLE

Well, so's a tree, random twelve-year-old internet cool guy, and doing that will give you something that will last a lot longer and be far more useful to you than your piece of **** you claim passes for a console. You want a portable console? Get

anything, really, will do

I mean, except maybe the Xbox, consoles don't seem that restrictively huge to me. Get a backpack.

Also, don't whine about portability until you've had to carry a monitor and tower to a friend's house.
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

Upgrading my PC.

A new everything for my PC.
    On #spp and #spp-wifi as: Revan, Aegislash
    FC: 2621-2733-0166
    IGN: Lautrec

3DS, PSV, and PS4 are definites. I'll wait until the NeXtBox is announced and the rumors of it being digital download only or no used copies are proven true or false. Wii U is a maybe, if it gets any games that interest me.

Already have a Wii U (usiing it mostly for surfing the web which it's very good at along with its touch interface). Waiting for games...

As for the other consoles, I'll look before I leap next time (with the PlayStation 4 in particular).
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

I would go with Wii U (hopefully get one in few months) since it'll have "Xeno" game coming to the US for Wii U exclusive. Same goes for LoZ games. The PS4 and 720 doesn't interest me at this moment.

<Made by Flame Haze SnS>
    ~Reincarnated from Dark Absol to Flame Haze SnS~
    To become a Flame Haze, one must be a vessel for the Lord of the Crimson Realm
    Anime Character Bishie: Shana from Shakugan no Shana
    Currently playing: Pokemon - Omega Ruby (3DS XL) and Assassin's Creed - Rogue (X-Box 360 S)

Gettin a wii u for the holidays.Gettin ps4 next year.May get a psv and I'll wait for info on Xbox 720.Already have a 3ds.

I'm going with Wii U and PS4. Microsoft doesn't tend to make games that I like (Y U no platformers?), so I'll probably stay away from 720 unless it has a unique gimmick that allows for 3rd party exclusives with innovative gameplay.

I am planning to buy none of them at the moment. I really don't want to have to buy a new console, particularly if only a handful of game are going to really interest me.

But I will agree with Charizard Champion that it is too early to be deciding when the new X-box hasn't even been announced yet. (unless you really want to get your hands on a Wii-U now anyway)

Watch me tumble stuff:
    http://catharsiscat.tumblr.com/

I already have a Wii U and I plan to get a Playstation 4. I've never really been happy with Microsoft's console lineup, so I probably won't get the 720.

3DS: 2836 • 0189 • 795
    Pokémon Showdown: Witeldram
    Safari:
    Fighting - Sawk, Meditite, Riolu

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast